Shelby Street Reviews

107 | Sparta, KY

107 Reviews for Shelby Street

Shannon · Married on 04/18/2021

Shelby Street is THE BEST!!

Wow, we have absolutely LOVED working with Rachel! We read other reviews and looked at her beautiful pictures so we felt confident in booking with her and I am SO glad we did! The pandemic through us for a loop yet she was so easy to work with and incredibly kind when we needed to change our wedding date! When getting our engagement pictures done, she was so so sweet and such a professional! Myself, my fiancé, and my mom, who came with us to hold our dog in between shots, all left feeling incredibly confident that our pictures would turn out amazing from our confidence in her during the shoot. She made us feel so comfortable, as we both aren’t huge picture takers, and she was able to find the perfect moments and areas to take pictures at a very busy park! She also got our pictures back to us so quickly so we were able to send save the dates much sooner than we thought! And might I mention, the pictures came back quickly but were incredible!!! I would recommend Shelby street to anyone who wants professional photos that also look very natural! The skill set they have is unmatched! We cannot wait until our wedding to spend the day with them and to see the pictures that we already know will be fantastic!

Sent on 04/29/2021
  • Lisa

Lisa I. · Married on 02/07/2021

Amazing experience!!!!

I value reviews so much and read them almost always before purchasing products and/or services even though I typically do not take the time to write them unless it is to warn someone of a bad experience.  This review is not the case.  I was extremely impressed with Shelby Street Studios!  My regret is that I did not know about this company for my oldest 2 daughters when they were getting married.  They each had a different photographer so I have 2 others to use as comparisons. I think I can speak for our entire family about the difference in our experience with Shelby Street compared to the other photographers, it's like comparing apples to oranges!

Our experience was wonderful!  From the moment I met Rachel and her crew I had a good feeling.  Rachel was so relaxed and made you feel like you knew her your entire life.  She knew exactly what to do and kept the day running smoothly.  I was so impressed with her creativity with all the different poses and shots not to mention she captured every moment!  The photos came back quickly and every time I view them, or the video, I relive my baby's wedding day over and over!  They are amazing! Trust me when I say I could not have been more pleased and will recommend Shelby Street to everyone I know!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Morgan B. · Married on 12/12/2020

Photos We Will Cherish

After multiple recommendations from coworkers, I hired Shelby Street to photograph our special day. We were blown away by our engagement photos. The team at Shelby Street gave us recommendations on photo locations and made us feel so comfortable behind the camera. We used them for our small wedding ceremony in December and we will be using them in July for our big celebration. We can not say enough wonderful things about Shelby Street and would recommend them to all our family and friends!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Corie

Corie N. · Married on 12/08/2020

Your search is over!!

It has taken me forever to sit down and write out how thankful I am that I chose Shelby Street Studios for our wedding day. From the very beginning, Brittany was incredibly effective at communicating with me. She answered my millions of questions, emailed back so quickly, and even made a timeline for us while she was out of the country (like, what!!!!!!). Rachel made my husband and I feel so comfortable- she gave us poses and taught us how to look and act natural even though we aren't exactly professionals in front of a camera. Seriously, I felt like a princess all day. Also, both our engagement and wedding photos were edited and returned to us so quickly, and they were everything we could have ever wanted. If you are looking for a wedding photographer your search is over because Shelby Street Studio is the most amazing team of people!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Kelsey J. · Married on 10/23/2020

Couldn’t be more pleased!

We loved working with Rachel for our engagement photos, wedding photos, and even wedding videography. This company can do it ALL and do it all WELL! The photos and videos are beautiful, classic, and timeless. I also really appreciated the comfortability and professionalism of the whole team, especially throughout the process as a Covid bride.

Sent on 03/30/2021
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 09/20/2019

Book with Shelby Streets before they Book your date!

My fiancé and I have really absolutely LOVED working with Shelby Street Studios so far in our journey! We both took photography in high school and we got engaged in Europe with a photographer capturing the entire moment so photography is very important to us. We knew that finding that perfect photographer, without busting our budget was going to be a challenge for us, especially with how many photographers there are in the Cincinnati market. We vetted through approx. 30-40 photographers (No, I'm not kidding) and after speaking with Brittany from Shelby Streets we knew we had to sign the contract. Brittany has been so helpful with this process and talking through timelines, answering any of our questions and making us feel at home. Shelby Street's pictures are also very fun, timeless and "natural" rather than the very over edited photos we saw a lot in the other photographers we shopped around. We truly believe we are going to look back on our photos when we are 60 and they are going to still be amazing and not outdated and that's exactly what we were looking for. Brittany also helped us plan our engagement and even reached out for a backup plan since there was a chance of rain that day. Thankfully, it turned out to be a beautiful fall evening and we absolutely loved meeting and hanging out with our photographer Rachel strolling around taking pictures. Rachel incorporated our dogs into the pictures perfectly and was up for trying some fun shots that we would never have even thought of! We received our pictures just a few days later and I can't even describe how much we love them! We already have some printed out and have given some to our families as gifts. :) It's going to be extremely hard to choose some for our save the dates. We couldn't have asked for better engagement pictures! We would highly recommend Shelby Street Studios to anyone who is looking for high quality, timeless and fun pictures and who loves to work with great people. We are so excited to continue working with them during the rest of our journey! :)

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Kacie

Kacie · Married on 07/19/2019

The best wedding decision you will make!

Shelby Street was absolutely amazing to work with! I never realized how different photography styles were until it came to choosing a wedding photographer. I wanted someone who's style was natural, weren't overly edited and were timeless. Shelby Street captured the day perfectly!! Not only are the pictures amazing, so is their customer service. Our entire wedding day team was fantastic. Rachel was our lead photographer and she was so nice and personable. She even helped my bridesmaids get my dress bustled when they were struggling! We received our photos a little after three weeks from our wedding, which is such a quick turnaround for nearly 1,000 pictures! We will hold on to our photos and cherish them for the rest of our lives. Choosing Shelby Street was easily one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They are worth every penny!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Carmen C. · Married on 12/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing

Loved, loved, loved having Shelby Street capture our wedding day. We are OBSESSED with the amazing photos they captured. They all know what they are doing and are so creative. If you are struggling to find a photographer, PICK THEM! Photos last a lifetime and they are worth it!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Mollie · Married on 10/27/2018

Outstanding!

We used Shelby Street Studios for both our wedding photography and videography! To me, these were the most important vendors that we would book for our wedding. I could not have been happier with our choice to use Shelby Street. They were truly amazing to work with from start to finish. We have outstanding wedding photos and videos that we will cherish and look back on for all our years to come. We cannot thank Shelby Street Studios for all that they did to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Candace S. · Married on 10/06/2018

Truly Amazing!

Brittany and Patrick are amazing! You can tell they love what they do and it makes such a difference! My husband and I felt so comfortable with them. They treat you like old friends. They are beyond professional and captured the day beautifully. I highly recommend them! You won’t be disappointed!

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Shelby Street did a great job with our wedding! they were amazing to work with on, before, and after the wedding day. Our pictures came back so fast and were gorgeous. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Julia N. · Married on 07/14/2018

They are the BEST

Shelby Street Studios was one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding day. While we got married in Cincinnati, my husband and I live in Columbus. I was so nervous about hiring someone I had never met to photograph the most memorable day of our lives so far. We couldn't have asked for better. Patrick and Brittany did the best job not only capturing our day, but also making us feel comfortable in the midst of all the craziness. They helped us create the day-of timeline and made sure all of our picture requests fit into the schedule. They were extremely efficient with answering all of our questions over email and phone. They also had a blog post of some of the pictures of our wedding within a week so we could enjoy them on our honeymoon. We are so thankful for all the hard work they put into making our day perfect, and we would recommend them to anyone in search of a wedding photographer! Lastly, we also used them for our videography. It was so nice to have a team that worked together to make the day complete. Our wedding videos are beautiful, and we will cherish them forever. We are so grateful for them!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Molly · Married on 04/07/2018

Wonderful experience!

We had a great experience with Shelby Street! Our initial meeting with Patrick won us over, and then we got all kinds of helpful information from Brittany. She is the queen of organization and made planning everything very easy for us. Rachel was our lead photographer, and the engagement session was a great way for us to get to know each other. Her enthusiasm is infectious, even in all kinds of weather! She seemed to genuinely enjoy taking our pictures, which made us so excited to see them. Rachel & Tiffany were our team for the wedding, and they were fantastic! Rachel climbed on furniture to get the perfect shot, and Tiffany even helped pin my flower on my dress. They timed everything perfectly and worked with our last-minute changes when it ended up being 40 degrees in April (and they managed to make us look warm in the pictures)! We had spent a lot of time on our table themes, and I had worried that we wouldn't actually get to see the finished products, but Rachel & Tiffany took pictures of all 18 tables and even the inscription in a book of poetry from my deceased grandfather. After the wedding, Brittany had our photos ready sooner than I could've imagined, and they were gorgeous! Everyone was so great to work with, and I would whole-heartedly recommend them!

Joanie K. · Married on 12/30/2017

Absolutely amazing!!

Shelby Street Studios was the best choice we made for our wedding! This company was so personable, kind, and always on it. Our photos and also wedding video turned out absolutely stunning!! Our family and friends loved our photos that we shared with them!

Maggie · Married on 11/11/2017

We highly recommend Shelby Street Studios to anyone looking for one less thing to worry about on their big day. They were truly amazing to work with! We were immediately impressed when Brittany & Patrick took the time to get to know us as a couple prior to our wedding day--- but that was just the beginning. The day of our wedding they were incredibly prepared, professional, efficient, calming and kind. They left very little (if anything) for us to stress about. Most importantly, we absolutely LOVE how the photos turned out.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Karli · Married on 09/23/2017

I could not possibly be any happier with the way Shelby Street Photography worked on our wedding day! So professional, fun, easy to work with and overall just amazing! I couldn’t believe how fast I my received my pictures either, it was just about 2 weeks after the wedding & they were more than I ever imagined!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2017

They did an amazing job on my cousins wedding photos! They were very patient and flexible with our large group. They captured so many beautiful moments throughout the day!

Bryan · Married on 09/23/2017

Everyone who came to photograph us was amazing. The way they handled such a large group was impressive. Got our photos back quickly.

Nicole · Married on 07/23/2017

From the moment we first talked with Shelby Street as we were looking for photographers we knew they were the perfect fit! Brittany was amazing from the first conversation making us feel special, at ease, and also helping us stay organized from the get go! She responded to every email and question promptly and helped plan an amazing timeline for the day that kept things running smoothly. It was truly like having a wedding planner.

My lead photographer Rachel and the team were awesome! She and Mary helped keep us on time and having fun with ease and were so great to have there on our day. They have a way of capturing all the special moments and making people feel comfortable throughout the day, never obtrusive, but directive enough to get the pictures we wanted and keeping to the timeline. The photos tell the perfect story of my favorite day ever....with both the more traditional posed shots and amazing candid pictures.

Shelby Street has been so fabulous to work with from start to finish and I can't wait to finalize our album and print out our pictures! Could not recommend more!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Stevan · Married on 07/23/2017

Shelby Street was instrumental in making our wedding day a huge success. Brittany did a great job of coordinating both our engagement and wedding day shoots, making the entire process a breeze. On our wedding day Mary and Rachel were awesome. Looking at the pictures now, we are amazed by their ability, to always be on hand to capture the perfect moment. Thank you Shelby Street being a part of our special day and preserving memories that we cherish for years to come.

Sent on 08/19/2017

Trisha · Married on 07/01/2017

Shelby Street has been absolutely fabulous to work with, and as I sit here looking through my gorgeous wedding pictures, I am so happy I choose Shelby Street to be the photographer of our wedding. Brittany helped MAJORLY with the timeline of the day - it was like having a wedding planner! Then Mary and Tiffany shot our wedding and were so efficient and detail oriented and kept us all on schedule. They were a joy to have with us during some of our most memorable life events!
    Everything has been very professional, from start to finish. Brittany is such a good communicator and answers any questions or concerns promptly. (She even calmed me down when I was having a mini-breakdown about engagement photos.) Finally, as I said before, the images of my favorite day ever, are PERFECT. I highly recommend working with Shelby Street for your wedding!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Michele · Married on 07/01/2017

As the mother of the bride I couldn't be happier with the professionalism and consideration of the Shelby Street photographers! They worked quickly and quietly and did not interrupt the celebration in any way. The pictures turned out so beautiful! They are works of art that captured a wonderful day filled with love and emotion, all expressed on the print. Thanks so much, Shelby Street for capturing this day for us!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Linda · Married on 05/12/2017

From - mother of the bride. I think the photographer did a great job because she captured both your feelings. I can look at these photos and see the love you two feel for each other. They capture the feelings you had on that day and you can relive the wedding and feelings looking at the photos. They are beautiful. They capture the very feelings of the wedding and love. They were worth every cent we paid.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Evonne · Married on 05/12/2017

Both my daughter and my son used Shelby Street Photography for their weddings. Our daughter worked with Shelby Street Photographers just 19 months before our son's wedding. Shelby Street did a amazing job with both weddings. They were able to capture the moments at various locations indoors and outdoors. They were able to keep the bridal party on time, and had enough time to accomodate all of the bride's photo requests. Their staff is very professional, kept everyone on the timetable, were very calm and took beautiful pictures. I would highly recommend Shelby Street to anyone looking to capture their special day.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Kate · Married on 05/12/2017

I had the most amazing experience with the Shelby Street team for our engagement photos and our wedding. My experience was fantastic and I would describe the team as: responds quickly, detail oriented, responds well to feedback/suggestions, creative, friendly, helpful. In my opinion, the team went above and beyond the day of the wedding to make sure I had beautiful memories to look back on.

We had not had any professional photos taken together before our engagement session. The team brainstormed ideas before the session of a location, props, poses. They incorporated a bicycle into our engagement photos as that is something important to us. The day of the shoot it was evident how much prep time went into that day. The pictures turned out amazing even though it was cold and overcast that day. Rachel found ways to make us smile and have a great time capturing great photos!

Rachel was wonderful!!! I felt like such a princess having Rachel, Tiffany and Kelly. Someone was always following me around and taking pictures or adjusting the train on my dress or even giving helpful hints and tips from someone who has attended many weddings. They were detail oriented and focused. They worked well together as a team to make me feel at ease.

I can't speak any more highly of everyone that I came in contact with at Shelby Street - especially my lead photographer Rachel! If you want photos that will stand the test of time, book Shelby Street Photography.

Sent on 08/10/2017