Shelby Gardens Banquets and Events Reviews

25 Reviews for Shelby Gardens Banquets and Events

• Keyaira

Keyaira · Married on 04/15/2021

So genuine!

after touring this beautiful venue and meeting the lovely woman who assisted us, I fell in love with this place! I am just so excited to get started and I know the employees of Shelby gardens will be so helpful!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Keyaira -
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a great review! We are grateful that you are putting such an important day in our hands and will definitely see to it that your expectations are exceeded! We look forward to helping you plan and can't wait to see it all come together!
  • Lauren

Lauren H. · Married on 11/22/2019

I would recommend Shelby Gardens

I would highly recommend Shelby Gardens for your wedding reception! The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff is very professional. Shelby Gardens is the perfect place for your wedding. The hall itself it beautiful with a grand staircase for photos. Each room is separate and does not have divider walls and has beautiful chandeliers. You are able to decorate how you wish inside. We purchased uplighting and a beautiful backdrop for behind the head table. The food was amazing. We had family style. There were so many options to choose from, which made it nice for our guests to have a selection. We received so many compliments from our guests on how attentive the wait staff was. They made sure we had the perfect wedding reception. If you are in need of a wedding reception, I would definitely recommend Shelby Gardens.

Sent on 02/23/2020
  • Brandis

Brandis D. · Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely Great!

This venue was very beautiful and affordable. The food was delicious and the service was awesome! The staff were very helpful and answered every email. I couldn’t have picked a better place to celebrate our wedding and reception. We used the Garden Room for our Wedding and the Riviera Room for our reception! It was beautiful!

Shelby Gardens Banquets and Events's reply:

Brandis - We will definitely miss our chats! It was an honor and pleasure to work with you and Joab! Not only did the room look beautiful but you - just stunning!!! We appreciate that you have taken the time to review us and are grateful that we could be there every step of the way. We hope to see you again and please never hesitate if you need anything.
    We wish you and your husband nothing but amazing years together - please thank him from us too!
  • Joan

Joan B. · Married on 08/23/2019

Shelby Gardens - Excellent experience!

The staff was accommodating, offered suggestions, were responsive and every staff member was a pleasure to deal with!!! Contracting with them made everything so easy.

Joan -
    We can't say enough about how awesome you were to work with and how beautifully everything came together! You were stunning and your love for each other was so apparent! We are so thankful that you chose us to be a small part of your big day and thank you even more for taking the time to write us such a great review! We wish you and Mark nothing but great years ahead and hope to see you again!

Dawn C. · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding August 17, 2019

Very pleased with the overall service we received and the food was wonderful. The staff was helpful and accommodating would recommend to anyone.

Shelby Gardens Banquets and Events's reply:

That is always our goal Dawn and we are glad that it didn't go unnoticed! You were stunning on your wedding day! We thank you for taking the time to write us a review, it is very appreciated! We hope that you and Mike both laugh as much every day as you did that night! The smiles on your faces were just awesome to see! Keep in touch and as always, let us know if you need anything!

Sharon G. · Married on 03/29/2019

Retirement Party

My surprise retirement party was held at Shelby Gardens. This is the fourth event we have attended at Shelby Gardens. The service and food was excellent. The staff was friendly and exceeded my expectations.

Sharon Griffith

Sent on 03/30/2019

Shelby Gardens Banquets and Events's reply:

Sharon - It is an honor to have you take the time out of retirement to write us a review! We are so thankful for clients that come back time and time again. It was a beautiful event for a beautiful lady - we hope that you enjoy every second of your retirement and wish you well!! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/23/2019

Wedding 3.23.19

I am very happy we decided to use Shelby gardens for our wedding reception. They bent over backwards for us and made sure we were extremely happy. I probably called Rachel every other day to change or fix something and she helped every single time. The beer selection was important to my husband and they ordered special beer for us and apparently had an extra one for when we ran out(it probably wasn't for us, but it was nice that it was there for when we ran out). They made sure the night of that everything was going well. Such a beautiful venue as well. Everything was fantastic!!!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Heather -
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! I will make sure to pass the feedback on to Rachel. We truly appreciate you and thought you were absolutely stunning! The extra beer was ordered "just in case" - promise! We didn't want you to run out because we knew it was important to you! We hope to make every client feel this way, but we are super happy that you did! Congratulations again and we hope to see you both in the future! ~Angie
  • Joshua

Joshua · Married on 08/06/2016

The food was great! On time, and delicious! The venue was just remodeled and very pretty! A great temperature in the room. My only complaint were the drinks were a little weak. Other then that, it was great!

Sent on 08/07/2016

As of December 20th 2013, the banquet hall is under new managment/ownership, also almost all new waitstaff!! Check it out, I think everyone will be very impressed with the new high level of service.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/09/2013

I'll be honest ...we first booked this place thennn I read the reviews ! I was terrified !! BUT I was extremely happy ..the place is beautiful inside ...we had 2 bartenders ..never was there a line ..the drinks were stong !! Food was amazing ...and hot !!! Soo very happy we had our wedding reception there 11/9/13 . Thank you !!!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Angelica · Married on 10/16/2009

We booked with them 2 years prior and they helped us every step of the way. The night of the reception, the owner was in the kitchen cooking, you don't see that very often.

Sent on 11/12/2009

Elspeth · Married on 05/25/2002

I can't say enough good about this place. The wait staff was wonderful. The food was fabulous! They were more than happy to work with me and make this a very special day.

Sent on 07/12/2008

Leslie · Married on 05/28/2010

Monte Carlo was an amazing venue. The food was very good, and the wait staff was responsive to my special requests. George, the owner, bent over backwards to make sure our reception was perfect, going so far as to check on us half way thru to make sure the temperature was ok in the room. Excellent. I would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Hannah · Married on 05/21/2010

I was very impressed with CMC. They were very professional and very quick to respond to our needs through the planning process. They really were great at walking us through the planning process and had a great group of vendors they were able to recommend to us.
    Their value was unbeatable. The bar package, especially, was much better than other reception venues in the area for the same price.
    The day of the wedding they were great making sure everything went smoothly and that the room was set up beautifully.

Very hppy with our experience there!

Sent on 06/29/2011
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 10/27/2018

All I can say is HOORAY!!!

There is nothing more scary to a bride than putting all your trust into a vendor to make your "best day ever", everything you had envisioned. But let me tell you, Shelby Gardens staff hit it out of the park! From day one, we fell in love with the location, the fresh modern look, and the helpfulness of the staff. The newly remodeled banquet hall and uplighting made our guests in awe of the look of our reception. The only downfall I would say is that you do have to pay to taste test the food which I was kind of bummed about but, in the end, it was totally worth it. The food was so flavorful and delicious. The drinks were perfectly made (you know how sometimes you go to weddings and it's mostly the mixer with a splash of alcohol? Not here!). Rachel was very responsive to my emails and last minute changes which helped put my mind at ease. We put a lot of time, money and effort into making our day great and I was so thankful to have that effort and quality reciprocated from our banquet hall.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/05/2013

My husband and I looked at several reception halls before we chose Monte Carlo. We were shocked at how much lower the prices were here so we decided to book a taste test and we both loved it and reserved our date right away! I was very happy with the service here. Our room looked nice, the food was delicious and served hot too! That was very important to my mother in law. We were shocked at how great everything was and how much was included for an unbelievable rate!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/29/2012

I had my wedding at CMC last Friday, and it was wonderful! The food was super delicious, and hot, came right on time. The service and wait staff were really nice and friendly. The bar was filled with all different kinds of drinks, and I previously was worried because I heard they watered down drinks, but surprisingly they came out a little bit too strong. But, nobody complained, cause there's nothing wrong with that! Only thing I didnt like was the room was a tad bit hot, and we didn't get the problem resolved until the 2nd time we asked the manager. But, after we did, the room stayed cold and chilly rest of the night. Totally would reccomend this place to anyone!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Rosalie · Married on 10/20/2013

We were very sceptiical at first after reading so many bad reviews about this hall after we had already signed the contract. But I must say we were very pleasantly surprised by the overall professionalism. They made our wedding as special as it should have been.

The champaigne toast did not go as planned but overall, they treated us and our guests absolutely great. If someone wanted water, coffee, etc., it was provided without hesitation. The bartender was helpful to our guests and had a nice personality as did all of the staff. We had plenty of staff to ensure us a very nice wedding.

The facilities were very nice and the food was very good. There were many compliments on the food. All I can say in closing is we had many reservatiions about holding our wedding there being that some reviews were not very complimentary. We were very pleased with everything including the management staff.

Sent on 11/26/2013
  • Keri

Keri · Married on 06/22/2008

Very nice and accomodating.

Sent on 08/07/2008

4.2
      3.5

If you do decide to book with Monte Carlo, it's an absolutely great experience. The prices are flexible, and you get a lot for your money. The food was extremely good, and served hot and on time. The room was a but chilly, but after I asked for the temperature to be regulated, it was just right. Would strongly recommend.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Breanna · Married on 11/22/2008

3.5

we kept hearing things about the cold food so we were very nervous but everything worked out beautifully!

Sent on 12/05/2008

Christina · Married on 08/04/2009

3.8
      3.5

I used this revenue for my shower and reception. Olivia was an absolute sweetheart. I really think she keeps that place together. This venue is cheaper than some you will see out there, but beware of a few things. Make sure you get everything in writing. They tried to change a few things at the last minute, but for the most part, was accommodating.

The shower went well. Overall, the reception was ok, but I had some complaints. As far as the reception, there was supposed to be two bartenders, but ended up being one. Thus, there were lines at times. The alcohol available is hidden. So, people don't know what they can chose from.

I had a lot of complaints after the fact about the bartender. My husband & I got the same feeling. He clearly didn't want to be there and barely put any alcohol in the drinks. Less alcohol = less people on the dance floor. The bartender got upset w/ our best man b/c he asked for shots. He said "shots were not allowed." Now, if it's an open bar, what difference does it make??? They put the beer in really small glasses. Thus, people got frustrated b/c they kept having to go back up. The bartender didn't use my customized bar napkins, so they didn't get used. In reference to the staff, the only complaint I got from alot of people is that they took the food and glasses too fast from the table. My father asked for coffee and they took it a couple minutes after it was on the table before he even got to drink it. If you use the downstairs room, be aware the room doesn't allow even distribution of the music. Thus, people at the far ends of the room couldn't hear the music as much. You also have to set up the entire room the day before the wedding, other than the silverware/plates.

People said the food was good. I'm glad b/c the beef plate I got had fat all over it. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. If you use them, just make sure you cover the aforementioned in your discussions w/them.

Sent on 09/16/2009
  • AChickyLaLa

Kristin · Married on 09/15/2017

3.4
      3.5

Upon first two meetings with Michelle we were so pleased. Once the planning process really began, however, it was a different story. We would email and receive no reply until a week later with very short answers and not friendly at all, or I'd write twice before ANY reply. It got to the point where I felt like a complete burden. They only do quarterly menu tastings which you must pay for and they do not give you much notice. This was an issue and Tricia was quite rude when we asked for a possible other solution if we couldn't make it. I explained that I wasn't comfortable waiting until 2 weeks before to make all these BIG decisions. I asked about setting up the room the day before and was told I had to wait until the week before to have an answer. I came to my final meeting with a list of questions a mile long because I was sick of asking and getting rude replies. They were to make and e-mail me a layout of the room. That never happened. The day of the rehearsal no one even greeted us- our groomsman had to find the lights to the room himself. I went up and mentioned I didn't receive my layout was told they DID send it. I did receive an apology, but it was quite stressful to deal with these things only 2 days before. We were told at our final meeting that we would have two bartenders. We did not. I came in to set up on Thursday and there were several stained chair covers & card table skirting was badly stained. A table was missing and I was told the person who could set it up wasn't there, so I couldn't set up my centerpieces for that table. My dad had to go ask for a linen for the sand ceremony table. It's definitely not as nice as the upstairs and we knew it wasn't remolded but it was like it's a second thought. No one from the hall greeted us on wedding day, either. We were told we'd have a head waitress/waiter and we didn't. The pizza we ordered for late night was AWFUL. No one was collecting glasses. Food was good and hot and I liked having the whole room.

Sent on 09/17/2017

Denise G. · Married on 03/13/2021

2.0

Staff is great, salad was good the rest was terrible.

The staff was great the food was horrible don’t bother with upgrading the desserts they were literally the eclairs and cream puffs you buy at meijers! The pop even tasted funny the coffee was terrible I actually had to ask if it was tea. The hall is beautiful though and staff is great!!

Sent on 03/13/2021

Amy H. · Married on 11/07/2020

1.0

A Pandemic Means Nothing To Them!

I Hired this venue for a wedding and ended up canceling the reservation due to the pandemic. My wedding was scheduled for 11/7/20 and the second half of my total was due for payment by 7/7/20. Nov is a few months away but the pandemic still exists and is growing in devastation across the country! With the pandemic and current threat of a second wave I opted to cancel planning a formal wedding during this time. I’m sure any bride can attest to the fact that planning a wedding is stressful enough let alone adding a pandemic to the equation. I was not going to give a venue a total of $3 or 4Kduring this time of uncertainty. NO ONE in OUR generation has experienced such a thing! I requested a refund during these unforeseen circumstances. However I was only offered to reschedule my wedding date for next year and advised that I needed to set that date before my second payment due date (7/7) or that I could get a refund of only HALF of my deposit ($1000) BUT ONLY IF the rooms I booked were rebooked by someone else for 11/7/20. So the pressure is applied again to the bride, either pick a random date for next year while a pandemic is still raging, or hope and pray someone else books the rooms for the same date and only get half of my money back. The virus is increasing in multiple states, and the second wave is brewing in our state as I type! Yet, again, the only option that I was given that would not lose money is to reschedule my wedding date, but quick in a hurry during a pandemic!!! Every other venue that I’ve consulted with has given full refunds to their customers during this time, a PANDEMIC! To top things off I was advised to periodically checkin with this venue to see if they were able to book another event in the rooms I had previously reserved, again to only get half of my refund back. So they’ll Give me HALF of my money back if someone else books these rooms, BUT I, the customer, has to call THEM and see if THEIR rooms got rebooked.
    Not to mention that one of the rooms was only going to be occupied for a 30 minute ceremony.
    During a pandemic, an experience that no one in our generation has gone through EVER before! I’d definitely say this is NOT good customer service!! I Will not recommend a company that doesn’t work with their customers during the Most trying times that a country could ever experience. It’s Just terrible!

Sent on 07/11/2020