Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair Reviews

91 | Dayton, OH

91 Reviews for Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair

Stephanie · Married on 06/05/2016

I'm so happy with how my and my bridesmaids' hair turned out! Ebony was really great to work with and always responded to my texts and emails quickly and professionally. Chelsie was sweet and did a great job with our hair!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2015

We were very happy with our hair service with Carly. She did a great job! I would definitely use Shear Hotness again! Thank you ladies!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/04/2014

Ebony is the best out there. She is organized and professional and comes prepared with a timeline for the big day. My makeup was amazing and stayed perfect all night long. She also did all of my bridesmaids and they looked fantastic. Everyone involved was super excited! I would not have trusted any other person to do my make up other than Ebony for such a big day. Spend the money with her you will not regret it!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2017

Ebony is AMAZING!! I couldn’t even keep count of the number of compliments I received on my makeup and I definitely felt like a million bucks on my wedding day. Ebony is the perfect mixture of professional and fun; she arrived early to my venue and really helped create a relaxed, fun, and pampered environment in what could have felt like a very hectic day. After my trial, more than a year out from my wedding, I emailed Ebony with a few small concerns and changes (I am extremely picky) and she showed up on the day-of with all of those concerns and changes in mind and carried out my wishes flawlessly all without me even needing to remind her of the details. I never felt like just another bride with Shear Hotness; I truly felt like a friend that Ebony wanted to feel perfect on her wedding day. I highly recommend Ebony and her company to anyone planning a wedding; you will not regret it!!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

Ebony did my makeup for my wedding. She is just simply amazing. I am VERY tomboyish ?? and I knew I need help to acheive a feminine look for my big day. She made me feel like her chair was meant just for me, like I belonged there all along. And boy oh boy were the results awesome! I felt so beautiful and confident. So Shear Hotness is where it's at without a doubt!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Melissa · Married on 07/11/2015

Ebony is a fantastic make-up artist! She did my make-up for my wedding along with my sister and my mom’s make-up. I requested something natural and light and Ebony definitely came through while still making me feel very bridal! My make-up felt fresh and intact throughout the day and night. Besides doing great make-up, Ebony is organized and very responsive to emails and phone calls. All in all, she is a great person to work with – fun, full of energy, and very talented!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Kacey · Married on 08/15/2014

Ebony did a phenomenal job for my sister's wedding. She came to the hotel and made us all feel so comfortable, and she is especially made my sister feel like it was her special day. She was attentive and worked well a midst all the chaos! She offered expertise and ideas but also responded to those that new exactly what look they were going for.

I would recommend her to anyone looking for fabulous makeup and customer service for their special event.

Sent on 08/29/2014

Carly · Married on 09/17/2016

3.5

I'm a Columbus bride who decided to go with Ebony and her Shear Hotness team based off of an outstanding referral from a friend. Boy, was I glad I did! Ebony and her team went above and beyond for my trial AND my wedding day. For my trial, Chelsie (make-up) and Carly (hair) drove to Columbus from Dayton for an 8 am appointment so that I could make it to my 11:00 shower on time. On their way, Chelsie got a flat tire! After offering to reschedule, the team insisted on keeping the appointment and still made it on time (I have no idea how). Example 1 of their commitment to their work. Unfortunately, Carly was unable to do my hair on my wedding day and I was re-assigned to a different hair stylist, Alyssia. Ebony was more than willing to let me have another trial with Alyssia on the house. I had been so happy with my first trial that I was nervous to do another but Alyssia did not disappoint and I was still just as excited to get done up again for the big day. Chelsie and Alyssia did mine and my 5 bridesmaids hair and makeup flawlessly. Several bridesmaids commented on how their work was the best they've ever had while being a bridesmaid. A coworker also said I had the prettiest bridesmaids she had ever seen! I am so thankful to Ebony, Chelsie and Alyssia for making me feel like Beyonce on my wedding day. I will be recommending them to any bride I come across <3

Sent on 10/18/2016

kathy · Married on 04/23/2016

Shear Hotness took care of my daughters whole bridal party, and their makeup looked amazing!!! She does a great job and so does her team! Their makeup looked good the whole day and late into the evening!!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Kate · Married on 09/26/2015

Ebony is the best! From arriving early to working with me to achieve the look I was going for - she was professional, friendly and a rock star make up artist! I felt beautiful on my wedding day thanks to shear hotness! Would definitely recommend and will be using again for events!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

3.5

I am a fairly simple bride who knows next to nothing about beauty, and yet I have very specific tastes, so when it came time to figure out hair and makeup for the big day I was a little overwhelmed. I wanted to still look like myself, but with a little extra "something". Fortunately for me, the girls at Shear Hotness were able to interpret that rather unclear request perfectly!! It did take me a couple of trials, though to be fair when I went into my initial trial I had ZERO ideas of what I wanted (basic things like do you want your hair up or down?), and the trial itself was pretty far out from the actual wedding date. The second time around I was able to provide some pictures of things I liked, and Melissa (makeup artist) and Abby (hairstylist) nailed the look. On the wedding day, the two of them showed up on time, worked efficiently, and made me and my bridesmaids look absolutely fabulous! They were incredibly professional and great to work with, keeping each individual's tastes in mind for hair and makeup, while still giving the bridal party a cohesive look. Overall I was extremely pleased - my hair and makeup lasted the whole day, a large part of it which was outdoors, and I only had to reapply lipstick once!! I would definitely recommend Shear Hotness for your wedding day beauty needs!

Sent on 06/16/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2018

3.0

Ebony and her team did a fantastic job! I had had my makeup and hair done by them previously for a friends wedding. They did such an amazing job then that I knew I had to have them for my wedding! My whole bridal party looked so beautiful! I can’t say enough good things about Ebony and her crew!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Tara · Married on 10/06/2017

Ebony did my make-up, my MOH’s & my officiant’s make-up for my wedding! The ladies looked flawless the entire time at my outdoor wedding & reception - despite the humidity & drizzling rain!! Ebony tirelessly worked with me when my eyes refused to stop watering (too little sleep & environmental allergies)!!! She was so concerned with ensuring I had a beautiful, lasting, look she stayed significantly longer than planned to work with my overly-watery eyes! She adjusted on the fly to still provide me with a beautiful bridal look! Even though my eyes never did stop watering that day (or for several days afterwards!), it was intermittently drizzling, & a high humidity day- my make-up looked wonderful for the entire event!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Kayleigh · Married on 06/04/2017

Ebony and her team were amazing! They had to drive from Dayton and start hair/makeup at 6am for my brunch wedding. I had an extremely tight timeline and Ebony was so flexible in making everything work for me. Everyone was prompt, professional, friendly, and fun to hang out with even at 6am. The hair and makeup looked stunning. The hair was exactly what I envisioned for myself and my bridesmaids. My makeup was perfect. I was worried it would be too much as I normally wear very little but Ebony was able to pull my look off flawlessly. I am thankful to have had such an all star team to make me feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Mary · Married on 05/26/2018

3.0

Ebony was wonderful! I am a bit of a “tomboy” and really don’t know much about make-up or hair. But no worries, Ebony made me feel like a gorgeous movie star on my wedding day. She was extremely helpful and informative during my make-up trial. She listened to what I had envisioned for my special day and she brought it to life. She explained what she was doing during each step and even gave me some beauty pointers/hacks. Ebony is truly an artist. She is meticulous and takes her time with each client to ensure that they look their best. My only critique would be that meticulousness took a lot of time so I was a little nervous that all my bridesmaids’ make-up would not be done in time. But she made it happen! Everyone was done on time and looked beautiful! I would definitely recommend Ebony to any bride-to-be (just make sure you schedule enough time to get ready ;-))

Sent on 07/12/2018

Leslie · Married on 07/14/2018

4.2
      3.5

Shear Hotness did a great job with hair and makeup for my wedding day - not only for me, but also for 4 bridesmaids and 2 mothers. Ebony did great with the makeup! She tailored it to fit me - I'm a redhead with freckles and still wanted to look like myself and I did, just with all my good features highlighted! The makeup lasted all night and even in the high heat of mid-July. Michelle did all of our hair. She was wonderful and extremely efficient! I have a ton of hair and she handled it perfectly and achieved just the look I wanted. Michelle did great even with my bridesmaids that had no idea what they wanted! Very happy with Shear Hotness! I would suggest leaving extra time for makeup as Ebony has quite the system with many layers to help you look your best!

Sent on 09/28/2018