Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair Reviews

91 | Dayton, OH

91 Reviews for Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair

• Y

Yen · Married on 08/14/2016

on't even know where to start praising Ebony and her crew. They have been so accommodating and patient with us. Not only for me as a bridee but for my other 5 bridal party members. Ebony was nothing short of absolutely FANTASTIC. Her makeup work is IMPECCABLE and she transformed me into the most elegant and beautiful bride version of myself I could have ever imagined. She is incredibly talented and passionate about what she does and it definitely showed through her work. I can write a whole novel about all of the amazing things I have to say about Ebony and her team. Karlie J did a flawless job on our hair and worked so hard to accommodate each and every person. I highly recommend Shear Hotness and just when I thought there wasn't any professional makeup studio in the Dayton area that can give me that WOW factor, Ebony and her crew proved me wrong. I am so grateful to have found such a professional, determined, and perfect team like Shear Hotness to take care of us on my special day. They went above and beyond to meet our needs. Please continue to change lives and make a big impact on brides like you have done for me. I can't thank you and your team enough for making me feel like a million bucks and to make me feel genuinely beautiful and confident. I would give you guys a hundred star rating! Best decision I have ever made!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Katie · Married on 08/13/2016

Booking Shear Hotness was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding! I was a little hesitant to have someone I didn't know do my makeup for the big day, but after my trial run with Ebony, I knew I made the right choice. I received so many compliments and loved how the makeup looked in pictures. She did a wonderful job on my mother and sister too. Ebony was professional, reliable, and you can tell she loves what she does. I would highly recommend Shear Hotness for any bride. You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/24/2016

sabina · Married on 08/06/2016

i am so glad i chose shear hotness for my big day! they are the reason i did not worry a bit on my wedding day, I definitely recommend choosing shear hotness, you wont regret it.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Marjorie · Married on 08/06/2016

You cannot go wrong by booking Ebony.....she is the best!! I have never looked more beautiful in my entire life thanks to Ebony. I was very nervous and skeptical at first...not knowing what to expect. I am a 62 year-old bride (that's right....62!!) and have never had makeup done professionally. Ebony was very professional, and made me feel very comfortable during the entire process. The dark circles and other skin flaws were gone!! She is AMAZING!! She is the best!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Megan · Married on 07/30/2016

Ebony and shear hotness thank you so much for everything you did for my special day I really did feel beautiful I've never had anyone so my make up and hair like that before and Chelsea put my nerves at rest she was so sweet I felt like it was just a friend doing my hair and make up and she was so helpful with anything else that we needed thank you shear hotness I'm thankful that I came across your business you guys really do take pride in your work and care about your client thank you again ??????

Sent on 08/10/2016

Dinara · Married on 07/30/2016

Shear hotness was one of the main reasons my wedding day was special... I felt like a princess! My hair looked even better then what Imagined.. And the staff was absolutely lovely, I felt comfortable and in good hands while working with them... Even without a trial, the master stylist did my hair perfectly.. I was so so so happy !

Sent on 08/16/2016

Katelyn · Married on 07/23/2016

Book with Shear Hotness today – you don’t want to miss out!!

I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day and I owe that to Ebony at Shear Hotness!

When I first got engaged I asked my hair stylist if she knew anyone who did airbrush makeup for weddings and without hesitation she told me to book with Ebony and Shear Hotness. After browsing the website and Facebook page, I knew they were the team for the job! I immediately reached out to Ebony and secured her and her team for our July wedding. A few weeks prior to the big day, my mom and I met Ebony for the first time at my makeup trial. Not only were we extremely impressed by the makeup (which was stunning!), but we were also pleased with how fun-loving, enthusiastic and professional Ebony is.

On the day of the wedding Ebony and her glam squad arrived on time and were very quick to set up. We were on a tight timeline for the day but Ebony made sure we stayed on schedule. She and her team successfully completed 8 makeup applications and 9 hair styles in under 4 hours and we were off to pictures on time! My girls loved their hair and makeup and they looked beautiful. The makeup looked fabulous in person and in photos! Despite it being the hottest day of the year, my airbrush makeup lasted the entire day (more than 12 hours) and I only had to touch up my lip color one time.

Ebony strives for excellence and she is willing to do whatever it takes to make your day perfect. I had one request – to make me and my girls look beautiful – and she definitely delivered! It is easy to see why Shear Hotness is the most sought after wedding hair and makeup team in the Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus areas!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Nisha · Married on 07/16/2016

A big thank you to Stephen for styling my hair for 2 days with multiple look for my Indian wedding. He was always on time and did an amazing job! He's very creative, fast, and pays great attention to detail! I sincerly loved all of my looks! He is extremely talented and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Ebony does an absolutely phenomenal job at doing makeup!
    She had done one of my friends makeup for her wedding, for the bride and all the bridesmaids and I loved it, I had to have it for my wedding., so I contacted her as soon as I could to make sure she saved my wedding date.
    I had Ebony do 9 girls makeup including me, the day of my wedding, plus brought her assistant to make sure everyone got their make up done. All my girls looked flawless, they all loved their makeup. I am still getting compliments on how my makeup was on my wedding day. She made sure everyone was happy with how they looked before she left. She did such a great job!
    Mind you she even came to my house on the Thursday before my wedding to do spray tans on all of us. Ebony's goal is to make you feel and look beautiful. She is full of joy and laughter and you can be your complete self with her! I would recommend Ebony & her Shear Hotness team to anyone who is interested in looking flawless on their wedding day or any special occasion they may have.
    Thanks Ebony, Shear Hotness for making my bridal party look spectacular!
    If I need to look hot I know who to call!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Samantha · Married on 06/11/2016

Words cannot even begin to express how amazing Ebony and her amazing team at Shear Hotness is. From the start Ebony ensured I had the best experience. Planning a wedding from a state away and then moving even further in the middle of wedding planning is never easy. Ebony was super accommodating for my packed schedule and ensured we fit a makeup trial in and on top of that I was in love with her work from the beginning. Ebony made myself and my bridal party feel at ease. She was able to sense one bridesmaids tension and made her feel comfortable. When we planned our wedding for earlier June we did not anticipate on it being 97 degrees. My makeup stayed and looked flawless ALL DAY. I felt confident from the first photo to the last. On top of our flawless makeup, Alyssia did fantastic job on everyone's hair. She was able to take their pictures and turn it into reality. Both Ebony and Alyssia went above and beyond in customer service. Alyssia helped me put my shoes on and both were just as excited as we were- it felt like we great friends. Shear Hotness was worth every penny and more. I have and will continue to recommend Shear Hottness to everyone.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Charlotte · Married on 06/04/2016

I will always recommend Shear Hotness to anyone having a special day or event. Ebony took such good care of me. She listened to what I wanted and went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. I felt like a rockstar at my bachelorette party and on my wedding day I felt like a princess. All my friends and family raved about how awesome my makeup was. Everything was so easy with her. I have not found this level of professionalism with anyone else. She is truly one of a kind!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Molly · Married on 05/21/2016

I've never had my makeup professionally done and I would say I could be pretty picky! Ebony was so easy and professional to work with and helped answer all my silly questions. My makeup artist was Chelsea who was amazing! She made me feel so beautiful and didn't care if I hurt her feelings if I didn't like something and truly cared and wanted me to love my makeup. I got so many compliments about my makeup. It held all day, even up to the moment I had to take it off at 1 AM! She even helped my bridesmaid apply her fake lashes last minute that she had brought. I will definitely be recommending Shear Hotness!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/21/2016

I am SO thankful that Shear Hotness was part of my wedding day!! When I first got engaged, I found and followed Shear Hotness on Facebook. I loved seeing the before and after pictures that were posted and finally a few months before my wedding I booked a trial with Ebony and I was so amazed at my own before/after!! I did not consider looking anywhere else to get my makeup done. Ebony and Karlie did hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, my mom, my MIL, and my flower girl. These girls made getting ready so fun and relaxed :) Ebony is willing to do whatever it takes to make your day perfect. She was flexible in making changes to my schedule that I requested the week of my wedding. As someone who does not wear makeup ever, I was nervous about my decision to get my wedding makeup done but after my trial I was actually EXCITED to get my wedding makeup done. To me that is so important and was such a relief! I was confident that Ebony would make my girls and I all look gorgeous and that is exactly what she did! I absolutely trust and recommend Shear Hotness to every bride!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Erin · Married on 05/15/2016

Made me look flawless on my wedding day. Airbrush looked perfect in all my pictures! She does a wonderful job and cares about her clients.

Sent on 05/29/2016
  • W

Wesley · Married on 05/14/2016

Ebony is absolutely amazing! We had a lot of girls who needed makeup done on my wedding day (myself, bridesmaids, and mothers too!), so she brought an assistant with her to ensure we were all looking beautiful and that we stayed on schedule! Ebony even was able to flawlessly cover a scratch on my neck that had occurred the day before my wedding, crisis averted! Ebony's artistry and wonderful personality made the entire experience great! Thank you for helping my bridesmaids and I look our best on my wedding day! I would highly recommend Ebony and her Shear Hotness team to anyone who is in need of professional makeup on their wedding day or other special event.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Allison · Married on 05/13/2016

As a girl you dream about your wedding day ever since you were little. All the details, your dress, your hair and even your makeup. I couldn't imagine not using Ebony with shear hotness. She was amazing. And to have on site makeup makes your day so much easier. I highly recommend her to anyone. So if you are looking for a makeup artist for your big day or any big occasion look no further Ebony is your girl!

Sent on 05/24/2016

erica · Married on 04/23/2016

Ebony is amazing!! Not only did she do me and my bridal party but has done my makeup twice for both of our engagement sessions with our photographer. Words can't describe how beautiful she made me and all our bridesmaids feel!! Most of my girls mentioned that they would never feel this beautiful and pampered again so they had to take a million pictures and selfies! Not only is Ebony talented but she's also a true professional! If you're wanting to feel pampered and have a stress-free day of whether it's for a wedding or prom you will not regret being a shear hottie for any of your special occasion needs! Ebony and her team knows the exact way to highlight all of your beautiful features for whatever occasion! They take a multitude of trainings throughout the year, use the best equipment and products that are out on the market! Thanks again Ebony, I look forward to working together in the future!! PS. Ebony is now also servicing clientele in Nashville TN ;) trust me you won't regret choosing Shear Hotness for any occasion!

Sent on 05/29/2016
  • User5220564 · 2+ years ago

I loved Ebony and Chelsie so much, and so did my mom and sisters! Working with them is like working with two friends. From responding quickly to texts answering my questions, to whispering comforting things to me when I got flustered, to offering to run out and buy me a garter when I realized I forgot it, they went above and beyond. I got my hair, makeup, and airbrush tan done by them, and my mom and sisters got hair and makeup and we all loved the result! I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Stephanie · Married on 12/05/2015

Ebony is amazing! She did make up for my junior bridesmaid, bridesmaids, myself and my mom for my wedding. She worked NON STOP for over 5 hours to make sure we were all done on time! I have to say, when she was finished with us, we were one beautiful bridal party! ?? If you are having trouble deciding on a make up artist, save yourself the stress, she is the best! Not only very professional and extremely talented, but she was so much fun! Thank you Ebony!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Ebony and her team are absolutely amazing. I had 2 wedding makeup trials with other MUA's that I did not like at all, and I was about to just give up and do my makeup myself. Somehow I was lucky enough to come across Ebony, and I decided to do a trial with her.... THANK GOD I DID!!!! She is incredibly talented and listened to what I wanted and what my concerns were. She made me, my bridesmaids, and my mom look STUNNING on my wedding day. And her hair stylists are top notch. She and her team made my wedding day absolutely flawless. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Janelle · Married on 10/10/2015

Ebony did my makeup, and two of my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding. I was so very pleased with her work, as we were all STUNNING!! Once I had my trial with her, my mind was immediately put at ease, knowing that I was in more than capable hands. Seeing as I am not one to really wear makeup, I was afraid of not looking like myself, or just too over the top. Ebony did a phenomenal job and honestly I cannot stop singing her praises! She was kind, courteous, professional, and I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Alyson · Married on 10/08/2015

I was stressed and worried about doing my own makeup for my wedding day, but luckily I found Ebony! She did an amazing job! She kept things very natural looking, but with enough for my features to stand out in my wedding photos. She was very personable and professional and helped me laugh off some of the wedding jitters I was having that morning. I would absolutely recommend her! Thank you for making me feel so beautiful on my special day!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kody · Married on 10/03/2015

The Shear Hotness team did an amazing job! My bridal party's hair was perfect & I absolutely loved my makeup that Ebony did! My makeup trial went smoothly. I showed Ebony different makeup looks that I liked, & she created the perfect makeup look for my wedding day. I really appreciate that they kept to the timeline Ebony & I discussed before so we could get to the venue on time. Everyone was professional & kind especially Ebony who was very patient with me when I had to change or add more people to have their hair done. Overall, I had a great experience & would recommend them to anyone in need of wedding makeup / hair.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Meaghan · Married on 09/11/2015

Ebony was amazing! She was very flexible due to the fact that two of my bridesmaids decided las minute to get their make up done. She was not only able to complete their make up but did a phenomenal job. She was able to give me the natural bridal look that I wanted. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Very professional, showed up on time. She was also very social and easy to talk to which made the process more enjoyable. I loved my hair as well. I had a trial with a different salon and did not like it so I took a chance on Shear hotness based on a referral, and I am so glad that I did. It turned out exactly as I had wanted!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Megan · Married on 08/08/2015

I couldn't be more pleased with having my makeup done by Ebony from Shear Hotness, LLC!! I made the last minute decision to have my makeup done for my engagement pictures and wedding pictures and I'm so glad that I did. Ebony worked with me to ensure my look was exactly what I wanted, stopping along the way to see what my thoughts were and having me help to pick out colors I wanted. My engagement pictures and wedding pictures look amazing thanks to Shear Hotness, LLC! I'm so glad I trusted a professional instead of trying to do my makeup myself. And the best part? The makeup lasted ALL DAY. I had my makeup done around 11:30 and it lasted through the whole night. By the time my husband and I got to our hotel after the wedding (well after midnight!), the makeup looked as great as it did before the wedding! Needless to say, I was extremely impressed. Shear Hotness, LLC is clearly truly passionate about doing makeup for brides; they want your day to be perfect! I found them through doing a Google search and based on pricing and professionalism, I gave them a shot. I hope that anyone even thinking a little about having their makeup done goes for it and chooses Shear Hotness, LLC. You will not regret it once you see how beautiful (and still natural!) you look. I should also mention that working with Ebony was fabulous; she is extremely personable and fun to work with, and a joy to talk to. Thanks, Shear Hotness! I couldn't have had my perfect day without you.

Sent on 10/30/2015