Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair Reviews

91 | Dayton, OH

91 Reviews for Shear Hotness, Makeup and Hair

Albine · Getting married on 07/13/2019

Ebony was seriously a God send at my sister’s wedding. As the maid of honor/wedding planner, I knew I wanted every detail to be flawless and Ebony delivered to perfection. The bride felt absolutely stunning and the brides maids and myself couldn’t stop checking ourselves out! The fact that the makeup lasted well beyond 12 hours was just a bonus. To top it off Ebony’s personable disposition and bubbly personality made her a thrill to be around. I rave about her superb service to anyone in need of creative services and cant wait to get married myself just so she can glam me up again!! Thanks so much Ebony, can’t wait to see you again soon :)!!!

Mallory Jackson · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing - perfect!

I knew even before I got engaged that whenever I get married I wanted ebony at shear hotness to do my makeup!! She is amazing, professional, a BLAST and the most talented. Her team showed up promptly and ready to work! And we all looked absolutely beautiful. So happy!!

Stacey · Married on 06/08/2018

Loved Shear Hotness! We had a wonderful experience with Ebony & associates, and would highly recommend this vendor to anyone!

Neysha · Married on 05/19/2018

I truly cannot say thank you enough to Ebony. Not only is she the most fun girl to work with but she had my entire bridal party's makeup done to perfection. Not only was the makeup just stunning but it lasted ALL DAY (and I mean 16+ hours) Ebony is so talented and I can honestly say I have never felt more beautiful & more like myself than on my wedding day. Ebony, we absolutely adore you

• W

Whitney · Married on 02/24/2018

The experience I had with Ebony and her team was more than I could have ever imagined. We had a great time from the trial, to the spray tan session with mimosas, to the big day. Ebony was so accommodating and made everyone and look and feel beautiful! Thank you for everything!!

Lindsay · Married on 11/11/2017

Ebony was beyond AMAZING! I looked and felt like a model on my wedding day! When i first met Ebony for my practice makeup, she was so fun and friendly- it was like i had known her my whole life. On my wedding day she was even more amazing! She was very professional and did an outstanding job on my girls and myself. We all looked absolutely beautiful. The next day after my wedding my face still looked amazing, in the past when i would get airbrush makeup done, my face would breakout almost instantly. My face never brokeout after my wedding day, it actually felt softer than before because of Ebony’s technique! I will forever recommend her and i will go to her anytime i need my makeup done for an event. Book her now, you will not regret it!

Abbe · Married on 10/07/2017

Shear Hotness did a wonderful job with my hair, it looked so beautiful. Taylor was very up to date with modern styles and also made the mothers look fantastic as well. I would use them again and again if possible. Thank you Ebony and Taylor!!

Kelsey · Married on 09/29/2017

Shear hotness is AMAZING! I would recommend them to anyone!!! I could go on and on allllll day. Chelsie and Abby did the hair and makeup for my wedding day! Everyone looked perfect and absolutely beautiful!!! We received so many compliments!! They are so talented, professional and hilarious ! We had so much fun. They aren't just trying to make a living, they have a passion for this industry and they want your day to be perfect! Book shear hotness! You won't regret it!

Gabby · Married on 09/16/2017

I had shear hotness do my hair and makeup for my wedding im September. THEY DID AMAZING!! my makeup was flawless! My artist paused several times throughout the process to make sure it was exactly what i wanted. They are so easy to work with and made me feel beautiful. My hair was stunning. I still get compliments on how beautiful my hair was. Not only did they do a great job, my artist was on time and professional. She went above and beyond. I will forever recommend shear hotness!

Kelsie · Married on 09/15/2017

I can't say enough good things about Ebony and the Shear Hotness team. After my original makeup artist canceled on me five days before my wedding, Ebony came to my rescue and it ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Sarah and Abigail were professional, talented and so much fun to work with on the morning of my wedding. (Abigail even came prepared with straws so that we could drink our champagne without ruining our lipstick!) They made myself and my 7 bridesmaids look and feel our absolute best and truly listened to what we wanted.

They were the absolute perfect addition to my wedding and I can't recommend them enough.

Taylor · Married on 09/09/2017

You are SERIOUSLY missing out if you do not book Ebony and her team! They are so professional and amazing at what they do! From the trial to the special day, they made me and my girls look and feel amazing. I will not book anyone else for professional hair or makeup again!

Reshma · Married on 09/02/2017

This is one team that lives up to their name!! Super hotness and incredible beauty is what was provided to us on my wedding day! From the moment I spoke to Ebony she gave me a comfort that was needed on the day and I instantly booked her with no regrets! Her entire team was professional, fun, so extremely talented and a dream to work with! My Bollywood themed bridal party, which consisted of many different cultures, looked like true movie stars on my day, thanks to Ebony, Taylor and the rest of the Shear Hotties!! On my day, I simply sat back on my chair, sipping champagne and completely trusted Ebony and her team. The outcome....speechless, fabulous, beautiful and exactly what my team and I wanted!! Ebony and Taylor worked with such easy, oozing talent and calmness, and I couldn't be happier when I looked in the mirror!! If you don't book these girls, you're seriously missing out! I've traveled the world and had my makeup done by others but have never come across a team as talented, professional and such a pure joy to work with! From hair and makeup trial to my wedding day, I was confident and happy!! Best team ever!! Thanks Ebony, Taylor and the rest of the team for making us feel like Bollywood stars and helping to make my day so awesome!! A million stars to you all!!

Natasha · Married on 09/01/2017

Ebony was fantastic to work with! I booked her over a year out and she was nothing but a joy to work with!!!! When I had a question, she had an answer in a timely manner. It was great to find a make up artist that understood what I wanted for my wedding day. I don't wear much makeup and she took that into account, plus the images I provided her and made me my own glamorous look!!! My booking was also different than most I'm sure because my mother wanted my full chest piece covered during my ceremony. I wore a sweetheart cut strapless dress with a beaded topper. Ebony took so much care into what I and my mother wanted and made everything look so natural. I would recommend her to anyone wanting that special touch on their wedding day. Everything looked great in the pictures and I couldn't have been happier with my choice!

Michelle · Married on 08/26/2017

Just book Shear Hotness now. If you're looking for a traveling hair and makeup team, DONT LOOK ANY FURTHER. I was SO incredibly impressed and happy with this team's professionalism, enthusiasm, modernity, quality, and flexibility.

Our hair and makeup lasted ALL day and night! We looked just as good at the ceremony as we did at the reception. They use quality products; Ebony mixed foundations to get just the right color for my skin tone and for my wedding party (something I was so worried about when looking for a makeup artist) and primed us to make our looks last all day. Taylor made our hair so perfect, frizz-free, beautiful, and SECURE.

During my trial their team worked so hard to get me the look Ive always wanted, and delivered it on my wedding day as well. I looked better than I had imagined and felt like a princess.

Ebony's team treated my party and I like gold! They are so fun to be around-- I was so happy to spend my morning with them listening to music and chatting all things weddings!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company and employees. You will not be disappointed!!!

Camie · Married on 08/19/2017

I don't even know where to begin! Ebony and Taylor made me feel more beautiful than I have ever felt in my whole life!! Everyone in my wedding party looked absolutely AMAZING! Ebony feels like a friend that I have known my whole life. She has one of the best personalities and had us laughing the whole time. Truly, I can't thank you both enough. You really played a huge part in giving me the wedding day of my dreams!

Holli · Married on 08/05/2017

Ebony and her team are amazing and deliver top quality work with professionalism. Booking any other glam squad for your special event, whatever it may be, would be a huge mistake. Look no further and book the best!!

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

I had and always have a great experience with the Shear Hotness team!! Chelsie did my make-up and my bridesmaids make-up for my wedding. Always impeccable work and professionalism! All of us loved our make-up for the wedding, and she always made sure we were comfortable with what she was doing as she went along. I would definitely recommend the Shear Hotness team to everyone!

Mercedes · Married on 05/27/2017

Ebony was amazing! She was very accommodating to not only my schedule but I had also added people to the party. She is such a wonderful person to be around and I couldn't thank her enough for making me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day!

Erin · Married on 05/19/2017

I could write a whole book on my experience because I was so obsessed with every little thing! Blown away doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about my wedding day hair and makeup. I wish I could have Ebony at my house every morning to get me glammed up! We had Ebony, Taylor, and Chelsea on my wedding day doing hair and makeup, and when they say they're the dream team, they're not kidding. We had SO MUCH FUN with them! They're all beyond amazing. So talented and easy going too! It's obviously important to be professional, but to me it's more important that I can laugh and have fun and they had us cracking up all morning. That meant more to me than they'll ever know because it kept me stress-free. I'm obsessed with how amazing my bridesmaids looked as well (BOMBSHELLS by the way). These girls were ABSOLUTELY worth every penny and I'd do it a thousand times over again. I'm so grateful that I found Shear Hotness and for the ladies who make it so amazing. GO SEE THEM, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Grace · Married on 05/12/2017

I've been coming here for forever and I would never leave. They all know exactly what I want even if I didn't do a great job at explaining it. They are very friendly and are ALWAYS on time. Even if u just meet them they still talk to u like u have known each other for a while. Very highly recommend

Anastacia · Married on 10/22/2016

When I made the decision to have my make up done for my wedding I had no idea where to start. I found out about Shear Hotness from a co-worker. From the first time I reached out to Ebony I knew I made a good decision. She was prompt and professional in all of our communications. She e-mailed a packet of information that explained in detail all of the packages they offered. After I decided to use Ebony and her team I scheduled my trial. The meeting with Chelsea went great. She was so sweet and took the time to get to know me and what I like and didn't like, and how I normally do my make up. She was patient and answered all of my questions and bridesmaids questions. Ebony and Chelsea were so accommodating even after I had to change locations of where we were getting ready multiple times! The day of Chelsea arrive promptly and quickly set up and got started. Throughout the process the day of the wedding she was patient and checked in with me multiple times to ensure that I was doing okay. I arrived at my wedding feeling absolutely beautiful! Of all the vendors I used for my wedding Shear Hotness was hands down the best! I would use Chelsea and Ebony again without hesitation!!
    ~ Anastacia Landis

Katieb · Married on 10/21/2016

Wedding - Oct. 21 st 2016

WOW, EBONY and ALICIA.... DREAM - TEAM- Ebony did MY makeup (Bride) my moms makeup.. Husbands moms makeup... cousins makeup and 3 of my bridesmaids makeup... ALICIA did Hair on all of those ppl plus 1.... and let me just tell you... they did a FABULOUS
    J - O - B.... Everyone looked so beautiful and put together!!! I do have to say that my hair and makeup was amazing!!!! I felt like a Freaking QUEEN..... I received so many compliments!!! These women came and did work.... They were great and felt like family!!! Chelsea did my engagement photo makeup in Feb 2016 and she did great on that as well!!! I highly recommend you let Shear Hotness do u up for your next occasion (:

Kiley · Married on 10/15/2016

Ebony is beyond amazing! I seriously felt like a princess on my wedding day. Ebony made me feel so comfortable & honestly we hit it off when we first met each other & she did my spray tan (which was also AMAZING!) The day of my wedding, I went to her salon for my make up & she made it so effortless. I didn't have to tell her how I wanted to look... She just knew! I got so many compliments on my make up & I still can't believe I looked that beautiful! I would recommend Ebony to anyone.

Erin · Married on 09/04/2016

Book Ebony and her team! Seriously - right now!

I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Booking Ebony and Stephen was easily one of the best decisions I made for our Hindu wedding. My husband and I planned our Columbus wedding from the East Coast and took quite a few gambles on vendors- booking almost solely on recommendations from friends or vendors we used for our Christian wedding earlier in the summer. Lucky for me, my makeup artist for the first ceremony gave me Ebony's name. After a lot of email exchanges and phone calls, I arrived at my trial the Thursday before our wedding feeling a bit nervous since we were so close to the wedding day and I was struggling to find ideas for bridal makeup that would look good with my beautiful, vibrant wedding lehengas and still work with my very fair skin and freckles. Ebony understood exactly what I needed, and my makeup was absolutely perfect for both the wedding ceremony and the reception. Stephen also worked his magic and was able to make hair extensions work with my really short hair. It looked amazing, and I was able to surprise my mother-in-law with long hair. Both my hair and makeup lasted through the entire day and still looked flawless after a long night of dancing.

It was a privilege to spend a good portion of my day with them. They were relaxed, patient, and kind, and they worked so hard to make sure my girls and I were ready and looking amazing for the mid-morning ceremony (even going so far to help put my shoes on!). I can't say enough how grateful I am to have worked with this amazing team on my wedding day. They made it so special- felt like I was hanging out with good friends.

Why are you still reading this?! Go book them!

victoria · Married on 08/27/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Shear Hotness!
    I found them on theknot.com and was first impressed with their professional website and incredible before and after pictures. Ebony and Chelsie came to me in Nashville for my hair and makeup trial, (even though they live in Ohio) which was incredibly convenient. I showed them pictures of what I wanted, and they delivered exactly that. It was obvious they knew what they were doing and they had a passion for it. I felt completely comfortable letting them be a part of our big day!
    I wanted a stress free Wedding day where all of my girls could be pampered and feel beautiful. I let them all choose their hair and makeup and thanks to Ebony, Chelsie, and Taylor it turned out beautifully. I felt they made everyone look and feel like the best versions of themselves.
    They took care of 7 bridesmaids, myself, my mom, and my flower girl, and I can honestly say everyone was pleased with the outcome! Not to mention they took care of everyone in a timely fashion and they were fun to hang out with all day! I highly recommend Shear Hotness for anyone looking for professional hair and makeup for a wedding or any other event!
    Thank you Ebony, Chelsie, and Taylor! These ladies are pros! Hire them!