Shawano County Lake Park Reviews

View more information

• Ashley
    Ashley K. Married on 12/08/2020

Picture Perfect!

The pavilion was a perfect place to have my wedding! It was large enough to hold my guests however, small enough to make it feel like a smaller wedding. The building has so much character and it was exactly what I was picturing for my wedding! As an added bonus, they have a beautiful patio that has a built in fire place and it looks out onto the lake. I definitely would recommend this location! We booked it for two nights so that we could decorate it the night before. This option was affordable and very convenient!
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 10/19/2019

Great Facility!

We had my bridal shower at the County Park facilities and everything was great! A lot of room, great staff and lots of compliments.
    Krista Married on 11/03/2018

Excellent Wedding Venue

My husband and I got married in November 2018. We were very pleased with the Shawano County Lake Park staff. Everyone was extremely helpful and flexible! We definitely recommend this location as your wedding venue!
  • Liz
    Liz Married on 08/25/2018

The perfect venue for our wedding!

I chose the Shawano County Lake Park Pavillion for my wedding venue August 2018. The venue was more than I could have asked for! We had our ceremony on the patio steps over looking the lake. The staff was so accommodating and helpful. I would reccomend this venue to anyone it is beautiful!
  • User4258635 2+ years ago

Best day ever

We were so happy with the beauty of the pavilion and the price to rent. They provided all of the tables and chairs needed for our wedding of 250 people.

Shawano County Lake Park's reply:

Thank you so much for responding to our request for reviews! We are so glad your day was special and I especially appreciate the photos! May we get a few more, maybe via email that I could use on the WeddingWire website? I'd love to have a shot of you getting married on the beach if that is ok with you. Thanks again for your review.
    Brittany Married on 09/21/2019

Wonderful day, wonderful people

They were very nice and accommodating to my last minute changes. If you are a bride on a budget looking for a beautiful place, this one is a winner. This venue would look gorgeous all year around.
  • nursetraveler87
    Chelsea Married on 10/08/2016
    The hall at the lake park is absolutely beautiful. Hardwood floors, stone fireplace, wooden arches, patio with water feature, and an outdoor fire pit. Its right on the lake, so the scenery is beautiful. There is even a playground outside the hall, which is a nice bonus. I did have problems getting correct forms from the staff. Only two months prior to my wedding did I finally get the correct forms for the bar-tending service and that was only because I physically went to the hall to look around/talk final details and found out the form I had was incorrect. Responsiveness left something to be desired. I rented the hall for the day prior to my wedding to decorate and no one was there to let me in. I had to call the county clerk's office to find someone because I didn't have any contact numbers for anyone who could let me in. Rosie, the event coordinator, is very sweet and has helped with several events. She even helped turn on all our LED tea lights the night of the wedding. There isn't really staff available to help during your wedding, so you're kind of on your own. We had to take everything down the night of the wedding. The hall rental was very reasonable considering the tables, chairs, setup of tables/chairs, patio, fire pit, and bartender were included. However, if you are looking for a venue that will do most everything and have staff available during your event, I would look elsewhere. They also only contract with AmVets for bar-tending, you can't bring in any alcohol, water, soda, ANYTHING. Working with AmVets was very difficult at times, and I heard reports from multiple guests after the wedding that they were charged for drinks despite us having an open bar, so that was an added headache.