Shannon Sasaki Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Heather M. Married on 03/29/2022

Awesome 10 year vow renewal

We were so excited to schedule Shannon as our photographer for our 10 year anniversary vow renewal in Hawaii! We knew the moment would be great and the photos would be our ultimate souvenir. We loved Shannon’s design eye and she didn’t disappoint!!! She was so approachable and kind during the event which made us more comfortable for photos. She also had good communication prior to the event and post event. We received our photo gallery in a timely manner and final edited images quickly too. I would highly recommend Shannon for weddings, engagements, family photos, etc…any event where the photos are important. :)
  • Dayna
    Dayna Married on 12/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Don't look any further! Hire Shannon for your next event!

Throughout our planning process, when we were photographer shopping, we came across Shannon's profile. We set up a zoom meetup and we instantly clicked with her personality. She showed us some weddings she shot at our wedding venue and they were beautiful. She was also recommended to us through one of my friends from college. We booked an engagement session with her and she made us feel so comfortable in front of a camera. She was always prompt and kept us in the loop of details and asked what wedding shots we wanted. Her prices were very reasonable as well! I will most certainly be hiring her for our next milestones!
    Nat Married on 11/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We had the pleasure of being able to meet and have Shannon as our wedding photographer for our intimate ceremony back in November 2021. We initially met over facetime and knew from her positive energy and upbeat personality she would be the right fit for us. She was easy to communicate with and provided us tips on picture planning that I never really thought about. She was a one woman squad that day, small but mighty she was professionally prepared with her equipment to capture the fine details and moments to our special day.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Lillian Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

One of my favorite vendors from our wedding!

Shannon was the first vendor I reached out to after securing my wedding venue and from our first meeting, I had a feeling she would be amazing. She made me feel super comfortable and we laughed a lot, which is always a good sign! We flew her out to Kauai from Oahu to capture our special day, as well as a pre-wedding shoot the day before. Shannon is amazingly detailed and has lots of great ideas for good shots. We trusted her completely and had a blast working with her. She was also super flexible and accommodating in terms of timing, making sure to capture all the important shots. You can feel good knowing that she cares just as much about your special day as you do, and we would work with her again in a heartbeat if we have the chance!
    Sinoi J. Married on 08/19/2021

Thank you Shannon!!

Shannon was AMAZING to work with! Planning a wedding during the pandemic was stressful enough but when it came to taking zoom calls to talk things through, we knew instantly when we met Shannon that she was the perfect photographer for us! Shannon and her team felt like family and captured all of the moments of our wedding that we absolutely wanted to make sure we would be able to look back on. Shannon is an energetic free spirit and truly knows how to make you feel comfortable when taking photos. She even shot our engagement photos that we never had a chance to take just 2 days before our wedding! Shannon, thank you so much for being apart of our special day!
  • Kristine
    Kristine G. Married on 06/22/2021

Highly recommend!

Shannon is professional, personable and is extremely talented. My husband and I are so happy how our photos turned out. It was such an amazing experience having her as our photographer for our big day.
  • Caprice
    Caprice P. Married on 05/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing experience and STELLAR photos!

Shannon totally brought it for our wedding and "trash the dress" shoot. She is incredibly responsive, friendly, and not to mention professional! We were both pretty nervous and stiff but she helped us get comfortable and pose correctly. She also knows all the best spots and times to get photos, so listen to her suggestions!!

10/10 would highly recommend her, you won't be disappointed!! :)
    Julie Married on 02/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Shannon is just Bomb dot com!!

Shannon is a dear friend so we knew we could trust her with our engagement photos. We gave her full reigns on locations of the shoot and let me tell you, she did not disappoint! We had so much fun adventuring and “modeling” for her. Even though my fiancé and I knew Shannon before asking her to do our photos, we thought we’d be so awkward in front of the camera and the photos wouldn’t come out good. Boy was I wrong! Shannon being Shannon made us feel comfortable and brought out the fierce-ness in both of us! We definitely can’t wait to her shoot our big day, eventually!
  • Ariana
    Ariana J. Married on 09/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wedding Photography at Kualoa!

Shannon was amazing! We were doing a destination wedding, so we were nervous hoping the day would come together as planned. Shannon made things very easy for us. She walked us through all the information and details needed to plan our photos and she took the reigns on the rest. She worked with our budget and made us feel so comfortable. Loved her energy and enthusiasm! The pictures turned out to be incredible! Highly recommend Shannon!
    Kristine Q. Married on 07/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

SO happy I went with Shannon Sasaki!

Working with Shannon makes your event so fun! She is down to earth and really wants the best for her clients. Taking pictures is not something we are used to but she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and it felt like I was hanging out with a friend I’ve known for a long time. I would definitely hire Shannon again the next time I need a photo session!
    Alysia Married on 04/19/2020

Best of the best!

Shannon was so great to work with! Made us feel so comfortable and captured who we are. She is very talented and would recommend her to everyone!
  • Terrie
    Terrie T. Married on 01/17/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Shannon was quick on her toes and super enthusiatic

Everything about our wedding plans was last minute including booking a photographer. We asked around and Shannon was highly recommended by friends. The day of the wedding and our photo shoot was December 26. It was a nonstop rain-pouring and a dark and gloomy day. In the morning, we pulled up to the parking lot at the botanical gardens and Shannon was willing to do whatever we had in mind. We had our dog and we knew we did not want to take pictures in the muddy grass of the botanical gardens. Shannon suggested a building nearby in the downtown area and it was perfect. We are so thankful she was able to quickly think of an alternative because we did not have anything in mind. She kept us dry and kept our spirits high with the weather and all. Also, we are very thankful that she could accommodate us on the day after Christmas because we gave her a very short notice. We love, love our photos. Thank you again Shannon.
    Kyle S. Married on 11/10/2019

Great Photographer

It was great working with Shannon. She was very accommodating to our schedule and our budget. After our first meeting, we decided she would be our photographer. On our wedding day she made us feel very comfortable taking pictures which also came out great. We would recommend her for any photography needs.
    Ryan K. Married on 11/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great Photographer that made us feel comfortable

Shannon and her team are truly the best photography team. Shannon did a lot for us and provided us with the most comfortable environment for both our engagement and wedding photos. Her relaxed and flexible approach to taking photos at some very stressful times is what makes her and her team so great!

The photos also came out stellar, with very high quality and unique poses that really make things pop and look really beautiful. My wife and I could not be more happy with the way things came out. I would highly RECOMMEND SHANNON for your special day. She really captures the magic of the love on your special day!
    Jacie T. Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing!!!

There are so many decisions to make when planning a wedding but the BEST decision we made, by far, was to have Shannon as our photographer. She did an AMAZING job with our engagement and wedding photos. She and Aaron were able to capture such great shots that conveyed so many emotions. We were beyond thrilled at how the pictures turned out.

Shannon always made us feel so relaxed, especially when we weren’t super comfortable being in front of the camera. She was always very professional and always responsive to all of our questions in a timely manner.

It was so fun to work with both Shannon and Aaron. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to help capture memories of your special day. :-)
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

In love with how our day was captured!

Shannon and Aaron are amazing! Their laid back nature and ease to speak with made them feel like they were actual guests . With having the second photographer we loved seeing a different perspective in our photos. It was a nice addition and maximised our limited timeframe that we booked. Shannon has a flare for working with natural light and edits the photos beautifully. Working with her was a choice we'd happily make again!
  • Callan
    Callan Married on 10/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fun and Easy engagement session!

Shannon shot me and my fiancé while on vacation. She suggested Makapuu which was beautiful. We were able to get so many different shots in one location, which was great. And she made us both feel comfortable and just have fun. When she was done with the re-touches she sent us the photos in a Dropbox as well as this awesome personalized USB package with the photos.
    Jo Kupsch Married on 10/05/2019

Comfortable and fun

Shannon was so fun to work with. She gave great recommendations on good spots for the shoot based on the style we were looking for. I'm not big on having my picture taken but she made me feel relaxed and comfortable the whole time. The photos turned out amazing! My partner and I are very happy with them.
  • Kate
    Kate R. Married on 07/07/2019

Fun, professional and creative

Shannon captured our wedding day flawlessly. She made us feel comfortable, calm and ridiculously good looking.
    Kristi Married on 07/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nothing short of quality, comfort, and fun!

It has been such a wonderful experience to work with Shannon! We first worked with her when we booked her for our engagement photos, but we had her booked for our wedding too! Shannon really makes you feel comfortable and she makes the whole photo posing process fun! I highly recommend her! Our photos turned out amazing- we're ordering our prints to send to far away family, etc. We can't wait to share them with our loved ones! Again, we are sooooo impressed with our photos and the way Shannon captured our special day! If you're looking for a photographer that is fun to work with, makes you feel comfortable, takes amazing photos, goes with the flow, can provide extra help and suggestions (trust me- Shannon's got you if you have no idea how to even go about timelines and such)... the answer is simple- book Shannon!
    Ashley J. Married on 06/23/2019

Wonderful!

Shannon is amazing! She captured our special day so we’ll, & her detail photos were so creative & clean.
    Dana F. Married on 06/01/2019

Shannon was amazing!

Shannon Sasaki made us all feel so at ease! She was so friendly and personable! We received our photos in the cutest package and absolutely loved them! The editing was perfect and the shots were so beautiful! We highly recommend Shannon Sasaki as a wedding photographer! Thank you Shannon!

Dana and Jim
  • kelly
    Kelly Married on 05/25/2019

fun and innovative

I met Shannon years ago through a mutual friend when she was just starting out and have watched her grow her business and talent and I knew from the very beginning that I wanted her to photograph my most special day...even before I met my husband! I just had to have her as my photographer and told her right away when we got engaged.
    Shannon is such an amazing soul and REALLY fun to work with. She's creative with her work and has great suggestions when you don't have ideas. Her work with nature is what really caught my attention and I was drawn to the vibrant colors that she finds in a setting/background to enhance the mood of her work.
    She's also quite patient with the inexperienced, as we had some issues with my husband being nervous. haha! She was great at making us laugh or get in the moment so our photos looked natural.
    Shannon is very experienced with weddings and was helpful in telling us what locations may or may not work to get us the pictures we wanted within the tight timeline we had. She also had great suggestions for when our other vendors fell thru which shows she has a great relationship with many other people in the wedding business.
    We are so grateful for Shannon and the time we got to spend with her for our celebration of love!
    Randolph Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing!

Shannon was just wonderful. I am so happy that we heard about her as she was really what we were looking for. She made us feel comfortable in everything that we wanted. Even though it poured Ron during our ceremony, she didn’t quit and she helped make the best of the wedding. Stop your search and just go with her! You won’t regret it!
    Dayle Married on 04/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Shannon was introduced to us by one of our friends. We decided to go with Shannon because she was very easy-going and flexible from the start. We were very uneasy about all the photos, but Shannon made us feel so comfortable during our photoshoots. Our engagement shoot was fun, quick, and easy. Shannon and Aaron shot the photos at our wedding. They both stuck around all day long to get photos of us from the start of getting ready to the end of night. They were very flexible with our simple timeline we had for the day and helped us stay on track. In between the ceremony and reception, we took family photos. It was so hard to get all the different groups together that I wanted to just cancel the family photos. Shannon told me not to worry about how long it was taking. She said that we should wait and take the photos because I will regret it later if I didn't take them. I am grateful for her patience and reassurance because we really do cherish those photos of our close family and friends. Thank you to both Shannon and Aaron for getting all the amazing shots that you did. We love looking through the photos and reliving that special day. If you are looking for photographers who will take beautiful photos whiling allowing you to feel comfortable, Shannon and her team is the perfect option!
illustration stars