Shannon Ahlstrand Photography Reviews

21 Reviews for Shannon Ahlstrand Photography

21 Shannon Ahlstrand Photography Reviews

Ariana · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Shannon was nothing short of everything you would hope for in a wedding photographer. Her photos are amazing and she was so patient and accommodating with all of my questions and requests. I know we got an amazing deal from her and are over the moon about our photos!

Liz · Married on 07/14/2018

Shannon is absolutely amazing!! Before the wedding, she did a fantastic job with getting to know my husband and me and learning what we wanted from our wedding photos. She made the process of documenting our wedding day timeline and the photos we wanted so easy. She has so much experience and is very creative, and is so willing to help if like us you don't have an exact picture in your head of what you want and need some input! She was incredibly responsive to any and all questions or last-minute changes as well. On our wedding day, Shannon was extremely organized - she made sure we checked off all of our family photos and kept everything running smoothly. She was great at giving us poses and directions for each photo, and really brought out the best in us, our families, and our wedding party. On top of that, she is just so fun and easy to get along with...we all had a blast taking our photos! So many of our friends and family commented on how great Shannon was. My brother and his fiance immediately booked Shannon for their engagement and wedding photos after getting to know her and seeing her in action at our wedding. We could not be happier with our photos turned out too - they are gorgeous and Shannon captured everything we wanted and so much more that we didn't even know we wanted!! If you are looking for a wedding photographer, Shannon is the one for you!

Rachael Roberts · Married on 06/23/2018

Incredible!

One word can describe Shannon, and that is INCREDIBLE! From our first meeting with her, we knew we picked the perfect person to shoot our wedding. She was easy going, attentive, and flexible as we prepared for our big day. She provided us with a variety of locations that would capture everything we wanted and talked about prior. She also had back-up locations set just in case the weather didn’t cooperate. On the day of the wedding, Shannon didn’t miss a thing. She was organized and efficient with the family photos and basically acted as our event coordinator from there on out. She made sure we enjoyed our time with the bridal party, giving us the chance to dance and have fun with our closest friends and family on the party bus, while staying on schedule and hitting all the locations we planned. When things got off track, she was flexible and never pushy. At the reception, Shannon captured candids of all our guests and all of our special moments as well. She stayed well beyond what we expected because “we were having too much fun to miss.” The pictures came out out wonderful and we loved sharing all the memories she captured on our special day. We are so happy with Shannon’s work and would highly recommend her to anyone in the future.

Rebecca · Married on 05/25/2018

Shannon was a DREAM to work with! We knew that we didn't have to meet with any other photographers after we met with her for the first time. She was easy to work with, had great ideas, and really made our love show through both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. I had several guests mention that our photographer was EVERYWHERE during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. After looking at my wedding photos, I have no idea how she managed to get such great shots from such different angles and places all by herself! If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose Shannon again!! Her pictures are truly amazing and more than we ever could have hoped for!

Shannon Ahlstrand Photography 2
    Shannon Ahlstrand Photography 3
    Shannon Ahlstrand Photography 4

Mariah · Married on 04/21/2018

We absolutely loved working with Shannon and cannot be happier with her pictures!! Carter and I met with multiple photographers and even had family and friends referring us to every amateur/professional photographer they knew. Yet when it came down to it, we were not willing to sacrifice quality over cost. Then we met Shannon, who had absolutely fantastic work, and was willing to help us with a payment plan. I knew after 5 minutes of sitting with her that this was who I wanted to shoot our wedding. Lucky for me Carter felt the exact same way!! She has a great energy, wonderful execution, and the eye of a true artist. She was able to capture so many important emotions from our wedding (ex: my mother in law crying when she saw her son, my bridesmaids laughing, our dogs walking down the isle, our family dancing and crying together to a song dedicated to our recently passed grandma, and so much more).

Our wedding was beautiful and Shannon was able to capture every aspect in all it's beauty! We could not have found a better photographer. I will recommend her to everyone I know.

Shannon Ahlstrand Photography 5
    Shannon Ahlstrand Photography 11
    Shannon Ahlstrand Photography 12
    Shannon Ahlstrand Photography 13

Charlie · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I loved working with Shannon! She was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. She was diligent, communicative, talented and accommodating! Shannon was also able to keep track of the day and keep us all on a schedule - it was fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about her. If you feel that you're on the fence between photographers, definitely choose Shannon! We are so happy that we did.

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

Just amazing! I love Shannon. From the first meeting to the last, it was one of the best experiences of my wedding planning. She was responsive and made us feel so comfortable. My now husband and I are not big on staged photos and she completely understood and provided more candids for us. As I told her on our last meeting, she is now our photographer for life! I can't reccommend her enough. Such a joy to work with!

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2017

Shannon has been my favorite part of wedding planning. We have used her for family/baby photos as well and she exceeds our expectations. So lucky to have found her, she is amazing.

Kristy · Married on 09/09/2017

Shannon is the definition of professionalism and service. Her packages are extremely reasonably priced, especially with all the add-ons that are included! For the engagement shoot, she was able to direct my fiance and I in a way that made us at ease and let us have fun simply enjoying being in each other's presence. I highly recommend Shannon's services!

Janet · Married on 08/05/2017

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have chosen Shannon as our wedding photographer. I spoke to a number of photographers, but I chose her because of her personality over the phone, her reviews, and her website (and her price!!!! She could be charging so much more, she's amazing!!!!!!). Not only is she an expert photographer, extraordinarily creative and professional but she also took great notice of our style and it was great having her with us throughout the day. I can state with 100% certainty that Shannon will exceed your expectations. My new husband and I will forever be grateful to her style and expertise!!!!!

Theresa · Married on 07/15/2017

Shannon was absolutely amazing and I highly recommend her for any photos! She photographed my wedding, and she made us feel so comfortable, was so efficient, and made the day even better! Everyone has raved about her photos and her demeanor!

Katherine · Married on 08/13/2016

While looking for a photographer for my wedding, I was pretty much scoping out every photo with a watermark and when I found Shannon I thought her photos were excellent and her price was so affordable. But when I met her, I knew she was the exact person I wanted to welcome on our big day to document our memories. As she told us the motivation behind the pictures she takes, I just knew she would do an amazing job. The day of it was like having a great friend there with us helping us laugh but also making decisions on what would look good. She helped us with a schedule so we could capture what we wanted and captured everyone having the best time from getting ready through dancing the night away. Shannon was the one who helped me take my shoes off so I could really get down on the dance floor! And then the photos were exactly what we wanted and are now all over our house! Highly recommend Shannon to make your day go smoothly, make you smile bright all day long and even bigger when you see all the memories she captures!

Shannon has been wonderful to work with from the start. I found her through a friend on facebook who had had family pictures taken. She was quick to respond to my request to talk about her offers, pricing, and style. She took the time to sit down with my fiance and I to go over what we are looking for in our wedding photos and is also willing to work with our budget. Shannon has been friendly and professional throughout this whole process. I would highly recommend her to other couples who are looking for someone who is down to earth, yet takes their craft seriously.

Dawne · Married on 05/28/2016

Shannon is a Rockstar!!!! She goes above and beyond! She photographed my family prior to the wedding, did a wonderful job so I referred her to my boss for company pictures and she did a wonderful job and everyone liked her. I am so glad we met I will continue to use her services in the future and will continue to refer to everyone I know looking for a photographer!

Tomi · Married on 01/31/2016

I actually found Shannon on Weddingwire. Being a hands-on type person, I don't typically make selections online, however, after seeing Shannon's work, I contacted her immediately! She was very responsive; we met shortly afterwards, and booked her services the same day. She photographed both our engagement and wedding day. She was creative and fun, yet very professional. Shannon not only has a very keen eye, but her passion and personality takes the stress out of having pictures taken. She captured our personalities and special moments perfectly. My husband and I couldn't be more happy with Shannon's work and highly recommend her services.

Megan · Married on 01/22/2016

My husband and planned on eloping at the Justice of the Peace. As the date got closer I decided I wanted a nice picture to send out as a announcement. I had used Shannon for a family picture and was thrilled with her. After the ceremony we went to Shannon's studio and had several pictures taken. I am so happy we made that decision. First the pictures were beautiful and second she captured the day as it was meant to be just the two of us. I have had so many compliments on the pictures. She is so fun and creative I love that she was apart of our day.

Julianna · Married on 10/10/2015

On my wedding day, our photographer called us and said he was running late... that he'd make it to the ceremony but not for getting ready pix. Cue Shannon to the ultimate rescue! We scrambled around making calls and Shannon was at my house within like 20 minutes. Not only was her responsiveness much appreciated, but the photos were better than we could have dreamed of! She was fun to interact with throughout the morning, and she made things happen to get the shots she wanted and we needed. I am so thrilled with all of the photos she got -- esp with such short notice and never meeting each other before -- and would highly recommend her. Beautiful photos, flexible with our requests, all around a 5-star experience!

Kelly · Married on 06/20/2015

My husband and I would highly recommend Shannon as a wedding photographer. Shannon was not one of our originally booked photographers, but was added on at the last minute to assist. We could not have been happier bringing her on to help. She photographed my husband and the groomsmen prior to the wedding and the guys all gave her rave reviews. She is incredibly easy to work with and is very friendly and easy going. She had several creative ideas and provided us with some beautiful shots. In many respects we liked her even more than the original photographer we had booked!

Jimmy

Shannon Ahlstrand was the most professional and kind photographer we could have hoped to photograph our wedding. She was the first photographer we met with, and we stopped looking after her...I think you will find that you can not choose a more dedicated individual!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/18/2017

Shannon was great. As a bride, she makes you feel totally at ease and confident during the day and especially in the months and weeks leading up to it. I looked forward to seeing her; it wasn't just another wedding appointment that had to be done. I appreciated how she captured the look I was going for in the pictures which we had discussed ahead of time. She also got great pictures and it didn't ever feel like she was "in the way" of anything. She is "stealthy" and yet still manages to capture beautiful photos. We have a jump drive and online access to all our photos which is great; there's never a reason to not have access to them. She is just a ray of sunshine. Shannon was recommended from a friend, and I would also recommend her to you. You won't be disappointed!