Shannon Ahlstrand Photography Reviews

44 | Westlake, OH

44 Reviews for Shannon Ahlstrand Photography

Natalie R. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

An Absolute Joy to Work With!!

Shannon was absolutely incredible to work with and you NEED to book her for your wedding! She is warm, kind-hearted, enthusiastic, and makes you feel so supported. Her work is impeccable and her professionalism is unparalleled. I cannot stress enough how passionate and talented she is!! I am so grateful for the beautiful photos she captured of my friends, family, and my husband.

Shannon provided tireless support to me as I navigated many wedding planning obstacles due to the pandemic. Shannon provided much comfort and creative solutions to any problems I faced. Whenever new information pertaining to wedding ceremonies/receptions were announced, Shannon was the first vendor to contact me. She implemented increased safety precautions to ensure my guests' and her safety. Shannon is very thoughtful, conscientious, and has excellent communication skills. I can't say enough positive things about Shannon. I am so lucky I found her!!

Sent on 07/21/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey V. · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Best photograher ever

Shannon was amazing! There are not enough great words to describe her and her work. Her energy and attitude made the entire day better. She was extremely responsive and professional and got us our wedding photos so fast. I would recommend her to anyone. Truly a great person and photographer!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • A And

A And · Married on 02/01/2021

January CoViD Wedding made more Wonderful!

Shannon makes even those shy to the camera VERY comfortable!

Sent on 01/17/2021

Shannon Ahlstrand Photography's reply:

Aw, that means so much, coming from the two of you!!! You two are a testament to the truth that the eyes are the window to the soul because even though you were wearing masks - your glistening smiling eyes were all the was needed to tell your loving wedding story.

Jessica S. · Married on 12/04/2020

Amazing, professional, exceptional!

From the first time that I spoke with Shannon I knew that she would be the one to capture our special day with photo memories! Shannon is amazing, in the middle of a pandemic she spent lots of time and took several calls emails and texts from me patiently worked with us to plan our wedding timeline for photos for our wedding day. She brainstormed ideas and helped me to stay calm for the big day as she assured me everything would go great.... and it did! Shannon was very professional showing up on time and worked non stop from beginning to end and was flexible with any changes we made to photo location or photo requests. We just watched our photo video compilation Shannon sent us and I could not be happier!! The photos are amazing perfectly capturing or special day. I highly recommend Shannon as she is not only a talented photographer but a sincerely sweet person.

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Kate

Kate M. · Married on 10/10/2020

Love love love Shannon

Can I give Shannon more than 5 stars? I cannot recommend her enough. From our first meeting, she got our un-fussy vibe and what we were looking for in our wedding photographer. She is professional, kind, creative, talented, and fun. Just book her already!

The day we decided to postpone our reception (and I was a tad emotional), Shannon was my first call. She was incredibly warm, understanding, and accommodating. After that, she kept me excited for our wedding despite all the challenges COVID threw our way. She brainstormed with us on photo locations and developed a detailed schedule for the day. On our wedding day, she made me feel calm, confident, and beautiful. I did not have to worry about a thing. In addition to her keen eye, Shannon has an incredible talent for keeping people moving and telling them where to go without coming off as pushy. We received our photos a few days ago and adore them. Shannon rocked it.

If you've made it to the end of this review, you should have booked Shannon by now!

Sent on 11/03/2020

Jenny G. · Married on 06/06/2020

Amazing and exactly what we were looking for!

Shannon is flexible, timely, organized, easy to work with, willing to bend over backwards and do more than just take pictures. She captures the personalities of the couple and their family beautifully. My girlfriends have horror stories of their photographers and it reinforced how blessed and lucky I feel to have Shannon! She won’t let you down.

• Maggie

Maggie M. · Married on 05/15/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Shannon captured our wedding journey from engagement through our wedding, and I am so incredibly happy!! She was kind and compassionate from the start, and we only continued to see how great she is. She worked with us through all of our COVID related changes with ease. We received our wedding pictures SO quickly and they’re even better than I could have imagined. I HIGHLY recommend Shannon for your wedding day!!

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Maggie

Maggie M. · Married on 04/25/2020

An amazing surprise

We got to work with Shannon unexpectedly, she graciously took over a contract our photographer could not honor. We could have never imagined we would have gotten to work with a photographer as talented, comprehensive, and amazing as Shannon. She was very prepared for all pandemic restrictions, and had clear instructions so we could get the most out of our short time frame. We had to move the wedding up one day due to weather, and she was so flexible and understanding! The day of, she was so easy going but yet kept us on task. When we received her photos, they were stunning! Such high quality, so much variety, and beautiful lighting. I can’t recommend Shannon enough, she provides exceptional quality and professionalism, and she was a joy to be around!

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Mallory

Mallory L. · Married on 01/18/2020

Caring and Quick!

I received Shannon's information from Facebook asking for the best photographers in Cleveland. One of the first posts, a friend recommended Shannon. She was the first, and might I add ONLY photographer we met with. We were SOLD instantly when we met her - immediately after a flight from Florida! She was quick to answer all correspondences via email and text - that's a HUGE plus for us. Payment options were easy and quick - reminder emails for the remaining balance was great too. Photographer turned into a great friend and I am grateful to have met Shannon. Our wedding was 1/18, and we received our photos within about 2.5-3 weeks. Absolutely beautiful, too! Attention to detail and creative with her shots. I cannot recommend Shannon for your wedding photos!!

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley D. · Married on 12/28/2019

Outstanding!!!

Shannon was nothing short of amazing. She captured every single detail of our day beautifully, AND she handled our crazy family gracefully and with the utmost professionalism. Highly recommend, and hope to work with her in the future!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Brigid B. · Married on 10/19/2019

Breath taking Wedding photos

Shannon does an amazing job! Her passion for making the bride and grooms day a very memorable one with capturing their day with unbelievably wonderful photos is truly amazing!! I would highly recommend Shannon!! We love our daughters wedding photos!!!!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Anna G. · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Photographer EVER

finding the right vendor for your wedding is difficult, it’s a lot like dating, some blow you away and then fizzle out and some take time and build into a good rapport, but with shannon it kicked off perfectly with her listening and adding input and direction and she kept in touch the whole time leading up to our wedding. in our shoots she was supportive and had great direction explaining what her goals with her shots. she delivered and i’m indebted to beautiful images we get to carry forever.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Lauren S. · Married on 09/20/2019

Great photographer, great photos, great value!

Shannon made the experience easy from start to finish and everyone who sees them loves the photos! Guests also raved about how fun she was and was able to get great candid shots!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Greg S. · Married on 09/14/2019

Best photographer ever

I could go on and on about the experience that Shannon provides but I'm afraid words could not adequately express the level of service she provided us on our big day. From our first meeting to the last dance, Shannon remained a constant professional while making sure every detail went to plan. Shannon has a special gift in being able to connect with any and everyone making them feel comfortable in front of the lens. More important than all of these things is she cares. Shannon LOVES what she does and the quality of her work shows because of this. If we have babies, she will be taking their pictures too!

Jonathan B. · Married on 07/20/2019

Photographer

Shannon provided us with an absolutely amazing experience. I give her my highest recommendation.

Amy V. · Married on 07/06/2019

Shannon Ahlstrand

Shannon was absolutely amazing- she has blown us away from the moment we met her! She went above and beyond to capture every moment of our big day and our photos show just how talented of a photographer she is! We loved working with her; her bubbly personality is so fun and her attention to detail is impeccable! We highly recommend Shannon to anyone in search of a photographer!!

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • TeeJay

Teejay G. · Married on 10/07/2018

Fantastic!

There is no end to the wonderful things I can say about Shannon. From the moment we met her we knew we wanted her to be our photographer. Her personality just meshed so well with ours and she had exactly the eye we wanted for our special day. Her photos are classic with an edgy twist. As someone who hates being the subject of photos, I really appreciated how comfortable she made me. She was so patient and always knew what to say to get me to take the best photo I could. Shannon was a total ninja at our wedding! I can't even believe she got all the shots she did by herself. She really was everywhere all at once. For this and so many other reasons, I will always recommend her to couples in need of someone to capture their special day.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Heidi · Married on 09/07/2018

The best photographer around...I mean it!

Shannon truly loves her job. Our photos came out amazing. I even had people who thought some of our photos were from a magazine. Shannon will make sure she gets all the photos you want on your wedding day. We had one photographer, Shannon as our photographer and let me tell you, girl can run around. Like Shannon's page says, she's like a ninja. That is accurate. Shannon is a amazing at what she does. She makes you feel comfortable and makes the experience fun. Shannon is the right pick for your photographer, I can promise you that. Thanks, Shannon!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Ariana · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Shannon was nothing short of everything you would hope for in a wedding photographer. Her photos are amazing and she was so patient and accommodating with all of my questions and requests. I know we got an amazing deal from her and are over the moon about our photos!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Liz · Married on 07/14/2018

Shannon is absolutely amazing!! Before the wedding, she did a fantastic job with getting to know my husband and me and learning what we wanted from our wedding photos. She made the process of documenting our wedding day timeline and the photos we wanted so easy. She has so much experience and is very creative, and is so willing to help if like us you don't have an exact picture in your head of what you want and need some input! She was incredibly responsive to any and all questions or last-minute changes as well. On our wedding day, Shannon was extremely organized - she made sure we checked off all of our family photos and kept everything running smoothly. She was great at giving us poses and directions for each photo, and really brought out the best in us, our families, and our wedding party. On top of that, she is just so fun and easy to get along with...we all had a blast taking our photos! So many of our friends and family commented on how great Shannon was. My brother and his fiance immediately booked Shannon for their engagement and wedding photos after getting to know her and seeing her in action at our wedding. We could not be happier with our photos turned out too - they are gorgeous and Shannon captured everything we wanted and so much more that we didn't even know we wanted!! If you are looking for a wedding photographer, Shannon is the one for you!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Rachael R. · Married on 06/23/2018

Incredible!

One word can describe Shannon, and that is INCREDIBLE! From our first meeting with her, we knew we picked the perfect person to shoot our wedding. She was easy going, attentive, and flexible as we prepared for our big day. She provided us with a variety of locations that would capture everything we wanted and talked about prior. She also had back-up locations set just in case the weather didn’t cooperate. On the day of the wedding, Shannon didn’t miss a thing. She was organized and efficient with the family photos and basically acted as our event coordinator from there on out. She made sure we enjoyed our time with the bridal party, giving us the chance to dance and have fun with our closest friends and family on the party bus, while staying on schedule and hitting all the locations we planned. When things got off track, she was flexible and never pushy. At the reception, Shannon captured candids of all our guests and all of our special moments as well. She stayed well beyond what we expected because “we were having too much fun to miss.” The pictures came out out wonderful and we loved sharing all the memories she captured on our special day. We are so happy with Shannon’s work and would highly recommend her to anyone in the future.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/25/2018

Shannon was a DREAM to work with! We knew that we didn't have to meet with any other photographers after we met with her for the first time. She was easy to work with, had great ideas, and really made our love show through both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. I had several guests mention that our photographer was EVERYWHERE during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. After looking at my wedding photos, I have no idea how she managed to get such great shots from such different angles and places all by herself! If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose Shannon again!! Her pictures are truly amazing and more than we ever could have hoped for!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Mariah · Married on 04/21/2018

We absolutely loved working with Shannon and cannot be happier with her pictures!! Carter and I met with multiple photographers and even had family and friends referring us to every amateur/professional photographer they knew. Yet when it came down to it, we were not willing to sacrifice quality over cost. Then we met Shannon, who had absolutely fantastic work, and was willing to help us with a payment plan. I knew after 5 minutes of sitting with her that this was who I wanted to shoot our wedding. Lucky for me Carter felt the exact same way!! She has a great energy, wonderful execution, and the eye of a true artist. She was able to capture so many important emotions from our wedding (ex: my mother in law crying when she saw her son, my bridesmaids laughing, our dogs walking down the isle, our family dancing and crying together to a song dedicated to our recently passed grandma, and so much more).

Our wedding was beautiful and Shannon was able to capture every aspect in all it's beauty! We could not have found a better photographer. I will recommend her to everyone I know.

Sent on 05/12/2018
  • Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn H. · Married on 01/27/2018

Fun, Organized and Passionate

My husband and I knew Shannon would be an amazing addition to our wedding day. She was quirky, fun, organized and passionate about her work. From our very first meeting she was helping us to plan for things that we never would have thought of on our own. The photos she captured were absolutely stunning and perfectly captured all of our candid moments.

In addition to her wonderful photos, Shannon kept us on track throughout the day so we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Shannon moved us flawlessly from getting ready, to the first look, to taking photos throughout Cleveland, and back to the venue in time for the ceremony. Shannon did such an amazing job to help make our wedding day absolutely amazing and we highly recommend her!

As a bonus, she has some of the best shoes we have ever seen. Thank you Shannon!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Charlie · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I loved working with Shannon! She was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. She was diligent, communicative, talented and accommodating! Shannon was also able to keep track of the day and keep us all on a schedule - it was fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about her. If you feel that you're on the fence between photographers, definitely choose Shannon! We are so happy that we did.

Sent on 05/29/2018