46 Reviews for Shady Wagon Farm

Indoor (3)
Covered Outdoor (3)
Photobooth (2)
46 Shady Wagon Farm Reviews

Shady Wagon provided an amazing backdrop for our daughter’s wedding! Everyone had an amazing time and the staff handled ALL the details seamlessly and professionally. We could not be happier with this venue.

Profile Picture Ruth , 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married on September 10th 2017, and it was absolutely perfect. Cindy the owner of Shady Wagon farm was extremely personable when we met her a year ago. She had a complete package of information, pricing and items that came with the wedding, when we arrived for our tour. After leaving the tour, she was very easy to get in contact with via email.

Our wedding coordinator, Monica West, was amazing! We met at a location that was easier for us, and went over our ideas and plans for the wedding. She gave us suggestions, but never pushed us to do something. She was always calm and made sure that we were doing okay before and during the wedding. For example, we bought candles to float on top of water, and they were too small. So she ran out and got the larger candles without any problem.

During the pictures of the wedding, she had the golf cart ready, to take us to locations that the photographer thought would be great pictures. She made sure that we had what we needed during the wedding, as well as our guests.

The day after the wedding, we went to pick up our belongings, and everything was neatly put together.

This venue is absolutely perfect. Everyone of our guests had great things to say about the property. The landscaping was absolutely beautiful, they take great care of the pond and the animals that live there as well. This place is a family run business. They take great pride in what they do, and they work together perfectly.

I would not change anything about our day at all. Thank you so much for making our day perfect

Profile Picture Cassandra, 9/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables

I had my wedding night here with 150 guests two weekends ago and absolutely love this place. The owners are super sweet and helpful and took us around the property multiple times and invited us and our families into their home. The reception was gorgeous there and we had nothing but good feedback from our friends and family. They've also updated the interior of the barn in the last month with extra lighting and new painting. I would recommend Cook Shack if you are looking for a caterer there -- they did a great job and the food was amazing. I thought the price was great for the venue compared to others I searched in the area and I liked that I had the freedom to pick my own budget for my caterer, supplying my own alcohol, etc. Can't recommend enough!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful this wedding venue is! Nowhere else compares

Profile Picture Robyn, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

AMAZING! Everything went picture perfect! They had most of my questions answered before I even had a chance to ask them! Monica is a life saver and I don't know what I would have done without her! Everything was perfect down to the last little detail! Would not have chosen another venue! All of my guest loved it!

Profile Picture Beth, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up

Shady Wagon Farm is a little piece of Heaven. The family is amazing...such good people. They made our day so very special. We are so grateful to have celebrated our special day at this venue.

Profile Picture Robin, 4/29/17, 1 Review
4.7

Shady Wagon is SO PRETTY, regardless of the time of year. Heated and A/C barn if you need a covered ceremony site, or the most gorgeous alter in front of a pond with the barn in the background. Plenty of places for pretty pictures and plenty of opportunity to do things different.. I had a '68 Chevy take me from the dressing room to the ceremony site as a more grand entrance. Monica was my "day of" coordinator, although she did a lot more than coordinate on the day of; she helped from the moment I put my deposit on Shady Wagon. It's really hard for me to picture how things will look, and my wedding day exceeded my expectations by a long shot! My only beef (and it can't really be beef because you get what you pay for) is that Cindy has specific food vendors you have to choose from, and they're not cheap. BUT, I chose Cook Shack and it was SO GOOD. All in all, if you're looking for a budget friendly wedding, this might not be the place for you. But, if you want a wedding beyond gorgeous, this is definitely the place to go!

Profile Picture shelby, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Photography
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables

This venue is truly beautiful. The owner Cindy is a wonderful woman that really helped to make our dreams come true.

Profile Picture Emily, 11/19/16, 5 Reviews
1.0

My experience with the venue owner has been terrible. I would not recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture User5112241, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved our experience with Shady Wagon Farm! It was the perfect venue for our wedding! We were looking for venues that would host the ceremony and reception in the same spot; and the Shady wagon did just that. The staff here did an amazing job helping our vision come to life. Our wedding was October 9th, yes the same weekend as Hurricane Matthew. There was no rain on our actual wedding day, but the grounds were still wet in some areas so we had to change the ceremony location. We really wanted an outside ceremony, and the staff at Shady Wagon found a way to do that for us! We had the barn as the back drop for the ceremony and it was gorgeous! They made our wedding day amazing!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I can not say enough good things about Shady Wagon Farm. This venue was the first and ONLY venue we visited. After we got engaged, I stumbled across SWF online and thought it looked picture perfect. To my surprise, it is only more beautiful in person. Between the ceremony location, back-dropped by a beautiful pond, barn, immaculate landscaping and flowers, you really can't get any better! If you are a southern bride, looking for a homey, southern feel, without being too "country bumpkin" Shady Wagon Farm is the perfect venue for you. It has the perfect balance of rustic elegance!! We got so many compliments of how beautiful the venue location was from all of our guests!

Cindy and her husband Doug are the SWEETEST couple (they are the owners). I felt like Cindy was my own grandmother that day with her tending to things and making sure everything was perfect. Everything was kept clean and well groomed for our big day. Not a ounce of her property is untouched!

SWF does require a day-of coordinator that is pre-approved by them (you can't just hire anyone). I would HIGHLY recommend you select Monica West as your coordinator. Not only is she an excellent coordinator, but she was a great resource for me and my mother while we were planning, and met with us on multiple occasions to make sure everything was perfect. She is a family member of the owners so she is a great liaison to work closely with the venue as well! Very reasonably priced for all that she does!

Shady wagon is an EXCELLENT value, I would highly recommend it to anyone!!! If you're on the fence, go look at it in person. You won't be able to say no!

Profile Picture Catrina, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Photobooth, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

Shady Wagon Farm is breath taking!! Words simply cannot describe is beauty. The venue is perfect for outdoor/indoor weddings. My husband and I found this venue by chance in searching for the perfect rustic/country venue for our destination wedding. Cindy, the owner of the farm, was phenomenal. She is very easy to communicate and work with. She is loving and altogether pleasant to work with. Cindy offered more than just her farm services for our wedding and reception, she became our officiant and friend as well. The farm's setting is very peaceful and pleasant. Shady Wagon has it all, from the ceremony and reception sites, to the his and her dressing rooms and country store, we instantly fell in love. Shady Wagon's website is easy to navigate and full of information and photos. Although I must say, the photos do not quite do justice of the farm's true beauty. Cindy also offers an amazing opportunity to have your own custom brick added to the ceremony site. Its something that you can come back to years later to reminisce on back to your special day. Another very cool feature that Shady Wagon offers, is the stoplight that is placed in the men's dressing room. Placed inside the women's dressing room is a light switch that has control of the stop light inside of the men's dressing room. In switching the light to red, notifies the groom that he is unable to leave the room at that point in time. When the light is green, the groom is able to step outside as he pleases. As several of my girls reminded me in a joking way, its a cute way of saying, just as marriage is, from this point on I had complete control over his life. Anyhow, Cindy was amazing!! She is a very sweet and down to earth women and we developed a a personal relationship with her as well. She is very easy to work with. You honestly couldn't get a more perfect venue and service anywhere else.

Profile Picture Morgan, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Shady Wagon was a perfect venue for my husband and I! It was everything we wanted in a venue plus more. Our wedding coordinator Monica was the best! She was so helpful every step of the way, and was willing to help with whatever she could! It was so nice having a vendors list, since I had no idea what I was doing at first! It ended up raining at our wedding and we got married in the pavilion which Monica and our florist made so pretty! I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else! I highly recommend Shady Wagon to anyone looking for that rustic look!

Profile Picture Lauren & Coty, 10/10/15, 1 Review
4.2

My wedding at Shady Wagon Farm allowed me to experience exactly what I had hoped for on my wedding day. The country chic farm comfortably seated my guest and allowed them indulge in my celebration. The aesthetics of the farm astounded many of the guests and left them wanting to capture every aspect in a photo. Shady Wagon was the perfect setting for my boot wearing girls, and suspender strapped men. I would highly recommend Shady Wagon Farm to anyone wanting a rustic wedding site. I can't speak highly enough of my experience.

Profile Picture Shena, 9/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables

We loved Shady Wagon Farm for our wedding! The moment my husband, parents, and I looked at the venue we knew it was the perfect spot. A nice mix of rustic and vintage for my husband and I. The ground are absolutely beautifully kept and the barn/pavilion is the perfect space for the reception or ceremony. Cindy really takes care of her property and clients. She has a list of recommended vendors who she's worked with before and approve of for her clients to use. The list was very helpful and all the vendors we used were fabulous!! Cindy did a great job showing us around the property and reviewing all the important questions one would have when viewing a venue. She made us feel very comfortable about the venue and we knew we were in good hands :) and we are so thankful! Her husband and son do a wonderful job keeping the grounds maintained! Our big day ended up being a rainy one and we had to move our ceremony inside under the pavilion but with all the lighting hanging from the ceiling and around the grounds it turned out beautiful and romantic. Many people said it was even better under the pavilion than out by the pond and I think I agree looking back at the pictures. It was a beautiful and romantic setting for our vows! Thank you for letting us have our special day on your property!! Sam and I are so thankful for all of your generosity!

Profile Picture Juliann, 9/26/15, 9 Reviews
4.1

The venue is absolutely beautiful and a great place to have a wedding. My only complaint was that the air conditioning in the barn was not able to keep up with the summer heat to the point that the barn doors had to be opened to let in a draft. I would definitely get married at this venue again, but maybe not in the middle of the summer if you are expecting AC.

Profile Picture User4227486, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The location speaks for itself. We were looking for a laid back, outdoor setting and Shady Wagon Farm was absolutely perfect. It requires so little of your own decor because it is already set up as a charming country retreat. We had an afternoon wedding with our ceremony by the lake and reception in the barn. They even have a back up plan for rain to ease your mind. Please check out their website because my words can't accurately describe how lovely it is!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wonderful Venue! Just the perfect backdrop for our wedding.

Profile Picture User4153440, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shady Wagon Farm is a beautiful wedding venue! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a warm rustic feel. There is plenty of space for dancing, a grassy area for yard games, etc, and the lights on the ceiling and around the property make it feel truly special. Thank you SWF!

Profile Picture Bridget, 5/16/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shady Wagon Farm was the most beautiful setting for my daughters spring wedding. The weather was picture perfect, but the possibility of less than perfect never concerned us, because they have a "Plan B" that can easily be put into play. The attention to all details are wonderful and my guests were marveling at every turn. The owner, Cindy Carroll, was also our officiant, and her ceremony was straight from the heart. Every aspect of this day was complete perfection.

Profile Picture Jodi, 4/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is absolutely breathtaking! Cindy is so sweet and accommodating with anything you need!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Doug and Cindy are fantastic people to work with and they have created a truly breathtaking wedding venue that couldn't be any better. From the first visit that we made to Shady Wagon Farm, we felt like they never had to "sell" their services to us, they simply let the beautiful farm and its surroundings speak for itself.
Doug and Cindy even went above and beyond to open their home to my entire family during one of our early follow-up visits when we needed shelter from an unexpected storm passing through the area!
Our wedding was 3 weeks ago and we continue to receive compliments from our guests regarding the farm. They can't get over the beauty of the lake, the ceremony site, the incredible barn, and awesome pavilion. We knew the minute we selected Shady Wagon Farm that our special day would be perfect no matter what, and it absolutely was.

David and Kristen

Profile Picture David, 10/26/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a classic rustic chic venue look no further! Shady Wagon Farm has everything you could ever wish for in a venue. The owners of the property are so sweet and feel like they are your own family. They are a very popular venue so you must book very far in advance, but they are very easy to work with and will give you a tour of the property and answer any questions that you have. Book with Shady wagon farm!!!! you will not regret it!!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 10/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Shady Wagon Farm in October and absolutely loved it! Cindy (the owner), was warm and welcoming, and very accommodating to our ideas. Like some of the other reviews mentioned, there are so many decorations and props that are included, and it really cut down on our costs for making our wedding have that "elegant rustic" feel. The farm is conveniently located so that you get the feeling that you are out in country, without being too far from conveniences (hotels, restaurants, etc.) The only thing that could possibly be improved was communication. It's a little difficult to get someone on the phone, but they do respond to emails promptly. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat, we LOVE Shady Wagon!

Profile Picture User4496762, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews