Shady Wagon Farm Reviews

47 | New Hill, NC

47 Reviews for Shady Wagon Farm

47 Shady Wagon Farm Reviews

Kennedy · Married on 09/21/2018

The property is so beautiful, all my guest loved it! The owners are very nice, and work well with you to make your day perfect. I wouldn’t have had it any other way!

Ruth · Married on 04/21/2018

Shady Wagon provided an amazing backdrop for our daughter’s wedding! Everyone had an amazing time and the staff handled ALL the details seamlessly and professionally. We could not be happier with this venue.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Shady Wagon Farm's reply:

Thank your kind words. This was one of the most beautiful, tasteful weddings we have seen. It was an exciting time for all the staff at Shady Wagon Farm and we are so appreciative of the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for choosing Shady Wagon Farm.

Cassandra · Married on 09/10/2017

We got married on September 10th 2017, and it was absolutely perfect. Cindy the owner of Shady Wagon farm was extremely personable when we met her a year ago. She had a complete package of information, pricing and items that came with the wedding, when we arrived for our tour. After leaving the tour, she was very easy to get in contact with via email.

Our wedding coordinator, Monica West, was amazing! We met at a location that was easier for us, and went over our ideas and plans for the wedding. She gave us suggestions, but never pushed us to do something. She was always calm and made sure that we were doing okay before and during the wedding. For example, we bought candles to float on top of water, and they were too small. So she ran out and got the larger candles without any problem.

During the pictures of the wedding, she had the golf cart ready, to take us to locations that the photographer thought would be great pictures. She made sure that we had what we needed during the wedding, as well as our guests.

The day after the wedding, we went to pick up our belongings, and everything was neatly put together.

This venue is absolutely perfect. Everyone of our guests had great things to say about the property. The landscaping was absolutely beautiful, they take great care of the pond and the animals that live there as well. This place is a family run business. They take great pride in what they do, and they work together perfectly.

I would not change anything about our day at all. Thank you so much for making our day perfect <3

Sent on 09/23/2017

Shady Wagon Farm's reply:

Thank you Cassandra for taking the time for such an awesome review. It was our a pleasure to host your Wedding. Best wishes for many years of health and happiness.

Kim · Married on 09/03/2017

I had my wedding night here with 150 guests two weekends ago and absolutely love this place. The owners are super sweet and helpful and took us around the property multiple times and invited us and our families into their home. The reception was gorgeous there and we had nothing but good feedback from our friends and family. They've also updated the interior of the barn in the last month with extra lighting and new painting. I would recommend Cook Shack if you are looking for a caterer there -- they did a great job and the food was amazing. I thought the price was great for the venue compared to others I searched in the area and I liked that I had the freedom to pick my own budget for my caterer, supplying my own alcohol, etc. Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Shady Wagon Farm's reply:

Thank you, Kim! It was a pleasure for our staff to host you, and your family and friend at Shady Wagon Farm. An awesome group! Wishing you and Dennis many years of health and happiness.

Robyn · Married on 08/26/2017

I have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful this wedding venue is! Nowhere else compares

Sent on 08/27/2017

Shady Wagon Farm's reply:

Thank you, Robin for your review. It was a pleasure to host your Wedding.

Beth · Married on 07/01/2017

AMAZING! Everything went picture perfect! They had most of my questions answered before I even had a chance to ask them! Monica is a life saver and I don't know what I would have done without her! Everything was perfect down to the last little detail! Would not have chosen another venue! All of my guest loved it!

Robin · Married on 04/29/2017

Shady Wagon Farm is a little piece of Heaven. The family is amazing...such good people. They made our day so very special. We are so grateful to have celebrated our special day at this venue.

Emily · Married on 11/19/2016

This venue is truly beautiful. The owner Cindy is a wonderful woman that really helped to make our dreams come true.

Kathleen · Married on 10/09/2016

We loved our experience with Shady Wagon Farm! It was the perfect venue for our wedding! We were looking for venues that would host the ceremony and reception in the same spot; and the Shady wagon did just that. The staff here did an amazing job helping our vision come to life. Our wedding was October 9th, yes the same weekend as Hurricane Matthew. There was no rain on our actual wedding day, but the grounds were still wet in some areas so we had to change the ceremony location. We really wanted an outside ceremony, and the staff at Shady Wagon found a way to do that for us! We had the barn as the back drop for the ceremony and it was gorgeous! They made our wedding day amazing!

Catrina · Married on 05/21/2016

I can not say enough good things about Shady Wagon Farm. This venue was the first and ONLY venue we visited. After we got engaged, I stumbled across SWF online and thought it looked picture perfect. To my surprise, it is only more beautiful in person. Between the ceremony location, back-dropped by a beautiful pond, barn, immaculate landscaping and flowers, you really can't get any better! If you are a southern bride, looking for a homey, southern feel, without being too "country bumpkin" Shady Wagon Farm is the perfect venue for you. It has the perfect balance of rustic elegance!! We got so many compliments of how beautiful the venue location was from all of our guests!

Cindy and her husband Doug are the SWEETEST couple (they are the owners). I felt like Cindy was my own grandmother that day with her tending to things and making sure everything was perfect. Everything was kept clean and well groomed for our big day. Not a ounce of her property is untouched!

SWF does require a day-of coordinator that is pre-approved by them (you can't just hire anyone). I would HIGHLY recommend you select Monica West as your coordinator. Not only is she an excellent coordinator, but she was a great resource for me and my mother while we were planning, and met with us on multiple occasions to make sure everything was perfect. She is a family member of the owners so she is a great liaison to work closely with the venue as well! Very reasonably priced for all that she does!

Shady wagon is an EXCELLENT value, I would highly recommend it to anyone!!! If you're on the fence, go look at it in person. You won't be able to say no!

Morgan · Married on 10/24/2015

Shady Wagon Farm is breath taking!! Words simply cannot describe is beauty. The venue is perfect for outdoor/indoor weddings. My husband and I found this venue by chance in searching for the perfect rustic/country venue for our destination wedding. Cindy, the owner of the farm, was phenomenal. She is very easy to communicate and work with. She is loving and altogether pleasant to work with. Cindy offered more than just her farm services for our wedding and reception, she became our officiant and friend as well. The farm's setting is very peaceful and pleasant. Shady Wagon has it all, from the ceremony and reception sites, to the his and her dressing rooms and country store, we instantly fell in love. Shady Wagon's website is easy to navigate and full of information and photos. Although I must say, the photos do not quite do justice of the farm's true beauty. Cindy also offers an amazing opportunity to have your own custom brick added to the ceremony site. Its something that you can come back to years later to reminisce on back to your special day. Another very cool feature that Shady Wagon offers, is the stoplight that is placed in the men's dressing room. Placed inside the women's dressing room is a light switch that has control of the stop light inside of the men's dressing room. In switching the light to red, notifies the groom that he is unable to leave the room at that point in time. When the light is green, the groom is able to step outside as he pleases. As several of my girls reminded me in a joking way, its a cute way of saying, just as marriage is, from this point on I had complete control over his life. Anyhow, Cindy was amazing!! She is a very sweet and down to earth women and we developed a a personal relationship with her as well. She is very easy to work with. You honestly couldn't get a more perfect venue and service anywhere else.

Lauren & Coty · Married on 10/10/2015

Shady Wagon was a perfect venue for my husband and I! It was everything we wanted in a venue plus more. Our wedding coordinator Monica was the best! She was so helpful every step of the way, and was willing to help with whatever she could! It was so nice having a vendors list, since I had no idea what I was doing at first! It ended up raining at our wedding and we got married in the pavilion which Monica and our florist made so pretty! I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else! I highly recommend Shady Wagon to anyone looking for that rustic look!

Juliann · Married on 09/26/2015

We loved Shady Wagon Farm for our wedding! The moment my husband, parents, and I looked at the venue we knew it was the perfect spot. A nice mix of rustic and vintage for my husband and I. The ground are absolutely beautifully kept and the barn/pavilion is the perfect space for the reception or ceremony. Cindy really takes care of her property and clients. She has a list of recommended vendors who she's worked with before and approve of for her clients to use. The list was very helpful and all the vendors we used were fabulous!! Cindy did a great job showing us around the property and reviewing all the important questions one would have when viewing a venue. She made us feel very comfortable about the venue and we knew we were in good hands :) and we are so thankful! Her husband and son do a wonderful job keeping the grounds maintained! Our big day ended up being a rainy one and we had to move our ceremony inside under the pavilion but with all the lighting hanging from the ceiling and around the grounds it turned out beautiful and romantic. Many people said it was even better under the pavilion than out by the pond and I think I agree looking back at the pictures. It was a beautiful and romantic setting for our vows! Thank you for letting us have our special day on your property!! Sam and I are so thankful for all of your generosity!

Megan · Married on 05/31/2015

The location speaks for itself. We were looking for a laid back, outdoor setting and Shady Wagon Farm was absolutely perfect. It requires so little of your own decor because it is already set up as a charming country retreat. We had an afternoon wedding with our ceremony by the lake and reception in the barn. They even have a back up plan for rain to ease your mind. Please check out their website because my words can't accurately describe how lovely it is!

Jodi · Married on 04/04/2015

Shady Wagon Farm was the most beautiful setting for my daughters spring wedding. The weather was picture perfect, but the possibility of less than perfect never concerned us, because they have a "Plan B" that can easily be put into play. The attention to all details are wonderful and my guests were marveling at every turn. The owner, Cindy Carroll, was also our officiant, and her ceremony was straight from the heart. Every aspect of this day was complete perfection.

The venue is absolutely breathtaking! Cindy is so sweet and accommodating with anything you need!!

David · Married on 10/26/2014

Doug and Cindy are fantastic people to work with and they have created a truly breathtaking wedding venue that couldn't be any better. From the first visit that we made to Shady Wagon Farm, we felt like they never had to "sell" their services to us, they simply let the beautiful farm and its surroundings speak for itself.
    Doug and Cindy even went above and beyond to open their home to my entire family during one of our early follow-up visits when we needed shelter from an unexpected storm passing through the area!
    Our wedding was 3 weeks ago and we continue to receive compliments from our guests regarding the farm. They can't get over the beauty of the lake, the ceremony site, the incredible barn, and awesome pavilion. We knew the minute we selected Shady Wagon Farm that our special day would be perfect no matter what, and it absolutely was.

David and Kristen

Tiffany · Married on 10/18/2014

If you are looking for a classic rustic chic venue look no further! Shady Wagon Farm has everything you could ever wish for in a venue. The owners of the property are so sweet and feel like they are your own family. They are a very popular venue so you must book very far in advance, but they are very easy to work with and will give you a tour of the property and answer any questions that you have. Book with Shady wagon farm!!!! you will not regret it!!!

Charli · Married on 10/11/2014

This place is the perfect venue for a rustic, country outdoor wedding! the farm is absolutely stunning and makes for great pictures. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They make sure everything for your big day is perfect.

Marsha · Married on 07/15/2014

I have worked with Shady Wagon for four years now and they are one of the easiest venues as far as response, accessibility, joy and faith. I love Lynn because she cares as much about her brides happiness as I do. Every wedding I have done and seen at Shady Wagon have been beautiful. The setting over the lake is perfect for decorations and photography. The easy Southern Style is what Lynn and I both strive for. Maybe being born and "raised" (that's a Southern word for "always lived in") this area makes it special for us. We are all about hospitality here in the South and Shady Wagon just oozes Sweet Southern Style and Hospitality. Book then soon, they fill up fast!

• W

Whitney · Married on 07/05/2014

Shady Wagon Farm was the first venue we looked at and we fell in love immediately! This venue was so unique and different than the normal weddings that we were used to being from New York. They helped us make sure that every detail was completed. The guests loved the wedding venue and still talk about it. I would highly recommend Shady Wagon Farm to host your wedding!

Beth · Married on 06/28/2014

Shady Wagon Farm was the perfect venue for our wedding. The beautiful scenery was the backdrop for our outdoor ceremony. Not only do they have an amazing ceremony site, but they also has a pavilion for cocktail hour/dancing and an amazing barn for the reception. This is how we had our wedding, but Shady Wagon Farm has a bunch of different ways to use their farm. They also have the most precious primp and parlor for the bridal parties to get ready in before the big day.

We also can't thank Cindy enough for also performing our ceremony for us. She was so wonderful throughout the whole planning process and I am so happy that she will forever be apart of our lives.

It would be silly to ignore this as an option for your big day!

Deb · Married on 06/27/2014

Shady Wagon Farm, New Hill was the site of my daughter's wedding this past weekend and we can't find all the words to say what a great experience this was. From the time we met the owner to the late night packing to go home after the wedding...they were AWESOME! The farm is BEAUTIFUL and out of town and local guests were shocked and amazed at the beauty. The compliments were endless to the good time they had at the wedding and of the venue. The owners go out of their way to make the wedding special in every way to make your dreams come true. If you are considering a wedding in the Raleigh/Cary/Apex/Chapel Hill area, please consider taking a trip to Shady Wagon Farm to envision your wedding day with these lovely folks and their farm.

Victoria · Married on 03/15/2014

Shady Wagon Farm provides a beautiful backdrop for your wedding! The family that owns it is caring and highly knowledgeable about weddings. They will make your dream wedding a reality.