Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury Reviews

1 User photo

Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury 1

Jillian · Married on 12/08/2018

Speechless!

We had our wedding at the Shadowbrook on 12/8/2018. I am writing this review 5 months later and I still don’t think I have the proper words to express how spectacular our wedding was. From the moment we met with Amy, I knew the Shadowbrook was the perfect place for us. The planning process was effortless as the staff is so fantastic. The night of our wedding everything was absolutely perfect. The food was AMAZING! Our guests are still talking about it all these months later!! Carl and the staff are professional and attentive. The service was incredible as was our bridal attendant Stephanie, who helped us the entire night. I really can’t say enough about the Shadowbrook. They gave us the best wedding ever!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Mary Jennings · Married on 10/19/2018

Unforgettable Experience!

We cannot thank Shadowbrook and its staff enough for giving us such amazing memories that we will cherish forever! The team here goes above and beyond to make sure you have the absolute perfect wedding. They’re highly professional and go out of the way to make sure there is no stress on you or your families at all. As soon as we arrived, I felt fully confident that they had everything handled and they did! The staff has earpieces to stay in communication with each other to make sure everything goes smoothly. They make you feel special, like your royalty! The maitre d’ was so kind and helpful with us all, as well as my bridal attendant who helped hold my flowers and carry my dress while taking pictures. She also bustled my dress which was a huge bonus! They were incredible. The staff is great, but the food and service is just as spectacular. Most of our guests told us at the end of the night that it was the best wedding they’ve been too.

Before my wedding, I’ve ran into people in town who have attended weddings at the Shadowbrook and they all have the same response, “Best wedding ever! Will never forget it!” I highly recommend the Shadowbrook if you’re looking to wow your guests and have them keep talking about it weeks later, even years later! Thank you Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Arlene · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing venue and staff!! Food is the best... your guests will never forget the Shadowbrook experience. Look no further. Book it NOW!!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/26/2018

I do not even know where to begin. We got married here last weekend and it was absolutely perfect. When we first walked into the Shadowbrook I knew that would be where I would be getting married. The venue is absolutely breath taking. And then you start meeting that staff and it gets even better. We met and booked with Mark who was fantastic, answered every question imaginable and whenever I asked to speak with him he got right on the phone and calmed my nerves. He was there the night of our wedding and made sure everything was great for us. Not only did he make sure everything was great at the Shadowbrook but he also recommended the best vendors possible for DJ, photography, limo, shuttle services and even hotel accommodations. Next comes Amy who is the most perfect person ever, she is definitely in the right field of work! She knows so much about The Shadowbrook and what is going on. Nothing was too big nor too small for her, she made sure everything was going to be perfect for us. Right down to the blue champagne we wanted for our toast. Our Maître D was Matt and our bridal attendant was Steph, there is not enough I can say about them. Even Dan was fantastic, I met Dan for the first time when I had my drop off appointment but he was there the entire night of our wedding and he also made sure everything was perfect and kept asking if we needed anything, and even got us drinks and food. The food was amazing, it's almost a week later and people are still raving about it, the staff was fantastic quick, prompt and made everyone feel important. They made sure to treat us like royalty all night long and that is exactly how we felt, like a king and queen! We seriously cannot thank the entire team enough at The Shadowbrook for making our dream a reality.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2018

My now husband and I walked into the Shadowbrook for the first time in January of 2017- we met with Mark that first visit and were immediately impressed by him, the space, and menu. We walked out knowing that we had found our venue, and signed our contract within a week. Being in the business myself, I had high expectations- and to say they were met is a complete understatement. Mark and Amy were on point the entirety of the planning process, and the day of our wedding was nothing short of perfection!
    Carl and Serena are everything that a bride and groom deserve on their wedding day: patient, communicative, doting, fun, organized, flexible, and at the ready to take are of anything you may need from the second you arrive to the moment you drive away at the end of the night.
    The entire staff was professional, yet personable, with every single guest; our parents were especially taken care of by their assigned servers to make sure they got to enjoy cocktail to the fullest.
    We just got back from our honeymoon, and the entire time we were away we would continuously get texts and emails from friends and family just RAVING about the service, food and bar selection. IT IS KILLER!
    The cocktail hour alone is enough to make you cry since it takes up both sides of the mansion (guests were constantly in shock and the variety), not to mention the butler passed hors d'oeuvres on top of all it! One of the ice carvings (which is included) at the raw bar station was even made to match the logo on our invitations exactly!
    Dinner and desserts are no less impressive with restaurant-quality options and presentations.
    I'm starting to reach the limit so I'll end with this: all in all, I CAN NOT imagine having had our wedding anywhere else.
    If you want the ultimate wedding experience, go to the Shadowbrook!!

Sent on 08/27/2018

taylor · Married on 08/05/2018

There is no way to put into words how beautiful of a wedding that the Shadowbrook puts together. Amy was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process- making it easy and stress free. She was always available, even for silly little questions. Carl, the maitre d, was nothing short of amazing. He was present and aware of everything going on, before it even happened! Carl set the room up in a way that I could have never imagined. We dropped off a bunch of stuff and said we trusted him- and sure enough, everything exceeded all expectations. Serena, the Bridal Assistant was the cherry on top! She was so helpful all night. The cocktail hour is amazing, the service is amazing, the grounds are amazing, and Shadowbrook offers both an indoor and outdoor access- which was lovely for an an August night. I cannot express how unbelievably perfect the whole night was. I would recommend the Shadowbrook without hesitation.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Danielle · Married on 07/28/2018

Absolutely perfect!!

To say the Shadowbrook gave us the most spectacular day of our lives is an understatement. Every detail was extremely well thought out, done with perfection and we couldn't have asked for a better team to help us along the planning process. From the endless amount of delicious food that people are in awe to eat, to the epic after party at the venue (which included even more food!), our wedding is still being talked about by all as the best wedding they have ever been to. Unfortunately the day of our wedding it rained for the one hour we were supposed to have the ceremony outside. The shadowbrook team, however, seamlessly moved the entire ceremony into the ballroom without even batting an eyelash or letting the guests be affected. During the entire night the staff was over the top supportive and there for anything we needed or even thought we might need! I would highly highly highly recommend the shadowbrook for your event--it will for sure be the best day of your life!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Joanna · Married on 07/14/2018

We had our wedding here in July 2018 and the entire event was spectacular! We received many rave reviews on the food (especially the cocktail hour and Viennese dessert addition which we are so happy we did), venue, gardens, and overall decor. It is impressive that they produced such a high volume of a variety of food while keeping the quality high. Numerous guests pointed out that the service was also fantastic. We always had drinks at our table and our personal assistants were very attentive to our needs. The flow of the night was very smooth. And they also allowed us to incorporate our dog into the ceremony and created a beautiful ice sculpture with his photo! The gardens looked very beautiful especially on the sunny day that we got. In summary, everything was fantastic and we didn't have a single complaint. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to celebrate a special occasion. So many of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I know they are closing soon temporarily for expansion but if you hire them in the future you won't be disappointed--this management team is known for keeping the quality, service, decor, and food top of the line!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

C · Married on 07/13/2018

We had our wedding here July 2018, and were honestly in love with it from our first tour. Amy helped us through the entire planning process, and made it really easy. She suggested handing out Chik Fil A at the end of the reception which was such a huge hit I can't even explain it. She helped us make the best decisions for ourselves, not trying to ever upsell us or make us uncomfortable. The mansion is gorgeous and charming, and the Oak reception room is beautiful.

The day of the wedding was incredible. We were WAY behind schedule, but the maître d' and bridal attendant were kind, patient, helpful, cheerful and overall a wonderful support. While there may have been chaos behind the scenes I didn't know it. They kept everything moving, all while listening to me and my groom to ensure we had the perfect day.

My guests truly keep bringing up the white glove service. They never had to go to the bar - drinks were constantly brought to them, even outside during the cigar hour. Of course, those who did choose to go to the bar were greeted by excellent bartenders who kept the drinks (including shots) flowing.

The food -- beyond. Truly delicious, the standard cocktail hour will wow everyone. We're talking a vodka shot ice luge surrounded by caviar, sushi and sashimi, seafood, pizza, pasta, burgers, a whole suckling pig, passed hors d'oeuvres ... it was over the top in the most excellent way.

Lastly, the grounds. Part of the reason why I picked Shadowbrook is because I wanted a venue that 1) didn't look like the regular hotel ballroom and 2) had outside areas where guests could walk, stroll, or talk in silence away from the party if they wanted. Well, the grounds at Shadowbrook at just that. Fountains, flowers, outside seating, everything you could want. Our guests were pampered and loved the gardens.

We hope a friend gets married here one day so we can enjoy it all over again!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Alex · Married on 06/30/2018

Wow! Shadowbrook truly delivered our dream wedding in every single aspect possible. From the start of the wedding planning process to the final moments of the wedding night, the team here goes above and beyond to make every single detail of your wedding perfect. We have Amy and team to thank for that! The venue itself is beautiful, with classic charm and meticulously maintained outdoor gardens. Picture perfect! The staff is beyond professional and outgoing making sure everything is taken care of so that you can enjoy your special day to the fullest, no stress! The food was even better than we imagined it would be. We still have guests commenting on how unbelievable our cocktail and Viennese hours were. The selection and display of it all was magnificent. We highly recommend Shadowbrook to any couple looking for the perfect venue for their perfect day. We can only hope now that we are invited back here as guests so we can experience the magic all over again.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Dorothy · Married on 06/16/2018

Absolutely amazing! 10+Stars!

We had our wedding reception at the Shadowbrook and we could not be happier! From the minute we walked in our first time, we fell in love and knew that it would be the perfect venue for us - and we were not wrong! The building itself is beautiful and the gardens are exquisite. Mark, Dan, Carl, Amy, and everyone else at the Shadowbrook were so helpful, kind, and accommodating to us; they really made what should have been the most stressful part of the planning process a breeze! They helped every step of the way, even when we were working with other vendors. The whole process went smoothly and the day-of was no different. They helped coordinate with everyone to make sure everything was just right, and our bridal attendant was there with us all night. The decor, service, and attention to detail at the Shadowbrook is absolutely stunning. The selection and quality of food are out of this world. There truly are very few words that can possibly describe how amazing of a job they do. We keep hearing feedback from our guests which include words like "amazing", "unbelievable", and "mind-blowing". These are just the start when it comes to the Shadowbrook! They were the perfect venue for our perfect day. The family knows what they are doing, and there is a reason why all of their venues are at the top of the list. We cannot recommend the Shadowbrook enough - if you are looking for the best, look no further!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Taylor · Married on 06/15/2018

I had the wedding of my dreams on 6/15/18! The location was absolutely beautiful and perfectly matched our old luxury theme. The food was amazing and everyone said that it was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. I also received many compliments on the staff being amazing and my bridal party and I especially loved Matt our Maitre’d. He was the reason my wedding was able to go smoothly start to finish!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Lisa · Married on 04/27/2018

I honestly cannot say enough amazing things about Shadowbrook.... every part of my wedding was perfect, the staff was exceptional and very accommodating. The detail in everything they do definitely shows - my bridal assistant was nothing short of amazing, and they made sure my husband and I were happy as well as our guests. We still get compliments on the food, the service, and the beautiful venue itself. Our guests say it was the best food they ever had at a wedding and the service is top knotch!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Pam · Married on 01/27/2018

My daughter had wedding at shadowbok on January 27.,2018. we always knew this venue had impeccable reputation. It was better than we expected. Amy was so button down and professional organizing this event And always answered all the questions with kindness.Danny who coordinated all decoration was unbelievably helpful. Danny helped set up event exactly how our vision was and went over more than we asked for. Mark, the owner was extremely easy to get along and made sure our requests were met as best as he can. The venue looked amazingly magical. The food!!! It was unbelievable! I am very critical when it came to food tasting and was truly amazed. Guests couldn't belive how good it was! All the foods were so tastfully prepared.Many guests thought the cocktail hour foods were main meal and couldn't belive that more were on the way in dinning hall. We had so many guests tell us this wedding was the best wedding they attended. We are so glad we chose
    Shadowbrook to host my daughter's wedding. If you are looking for Venue you want to impress your guests, Shadowbrook will be top of the ranking.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Theresa · Married on 12/15/2017

After waiting 3 years - a home, civil ceremony, baby, college graduation, sibling weddings, more babies - we FINALLY were able to have our dream wedding celebration. We couldn't have picked a better place. Mark & his staff completely out-did themselves. My husbands family is strict Italian and they were completely amazed at the amount of food offered, the quality & the presentation of EVER SINGLE THING. I cannot say anything negative - there was nothing! Stephanie & Matt were just the most unbelievable attendants I have ever seen. We have a 2 1/2 year old and their patience, help & professionalism just blew me away. I did not stress a THING - how is that even possible as a bride?

If your are looking for something unique, beautiful, professional & mind-blowing service - the Shadowbrook is your place. Call & meet with Danny, he helped us with every single detail & there was nothing that was missed. He made sure the set-up of each and every single one of my items were in the right place & made sure we approved every single thing. I can't say enough. I was obsessed with this place and I honestly would never have been able to think of anyplace better for our special day!

THANK YOU ALL!
    The Pizzo Family
    July 23rd 2017

Sent on 08/09/2017

Mary · Married on 12/08/2017

All I can say is WOW! My daughter’s wedding this past weekend at The Shadowbrook was beyond my expectations. The mansion is exquisite and it was decorated for the Holidays which made it all the more magnificent. Carl, Stephanie and the rest of the staff met our every need and even suggested things before we could think of them. The cocktail hour was so lavish that my guests hardly had room for the delicious dinner! The table wait staff filled each water and drink before we could turn around and the food was beyond plentiful and thoroughly appetizing. Carl and Stephanie also went above and beyond placing candles and fairy lights all over the main dining room and entryway. My guests raved all night long and are still posting and raving today that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Thanks to Mark, the owner, who sets the stage for this fantastic service and to Amy for the initial planning. I highly recommend the Shadowbrook for any event.

Sent on 12/16/2017
  • Venessa

Venessa · Married on 11/26/2017

This place was gorgeous! The amount of food at the cocktail hour is unbelievable. Not to mention the dinner. And good quality food. NOT like mini hamburgers and wings. I'VE been there before and I had such a great experience. I knew my wedding was going to be here. The property is gorgeous and it's all yours. ONLY one wedding at a time. White glove service from start to finish! ! love this place.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Christi · Married on 11/19/2017

My husband and I got married this past November at Shadowbrook and our experience was amazing and completely perfect! Everyone tells you things go wrong on your wedding day but not ours, they did such an amazing job from the food to the service. Mark and Amy were amazing and made sure everyone was where they needed to be and our bridal attendant Stephanie and maitre d’ Matt were awesome! We never had to look for anything it was always ready for us. If you want your wedding to be the best day of your life you should absolutely have it at Shadowbrook!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Alexandra · Married on 11/03/2017

WOW!!! A most elegant and exquisite venue. My wife and I were already familiar with Mark and his outstanding reputation through attending and experiencing his other venue, The Venetian in Garfield , NJ. There was no doubt the Shadowbrook would be the place for our daughter's wedding reception. The estate atmosphere and grounds are most exceptional & the beauty and charm of this period building lent to a magical evening we will never forget!!!! Mark and his management staff were all like family to us each step of the way. Mark, Dan, Amy & Jana were genuinely responsive for all our needs and concerns. We were very fortunate with the weather & had the wedding ceremony outside in the garden, which is the most beautiful setting. The cocktail hour menu was an experience in itself!! There was an abundance of many selections, the quality of food was above & beyond!!! There were many, many elegant display stations with a professional staff & there are 2 bar rooms with a great selection of fine spirits. The entrees served here are top quality!! The main dining room was beautifully decorated and all felt like royalty to be in this magnificent setting!! The entire service staff at every level were incredible!! We were most impressed with the personalized service given to us and our guests. Maitre d' Matt, bridal attendant Viktoria & our table attendant Judene were extremely professional & attentive throughout the evening!! We were constantly showered all night with compliments from our families and guests!! Our family & friends are still talking about it!! Again, the staff was incredible and most gracious, a true testament to this establishment!! Anyone looking to book a venue for an experience of a lifetime, this is the place!!!! Great Venue & attention to detail is second to none!!!!

Mark & Rhonda Prosetti
    Prosetti/Coffey Wedding
    11/03/2017

Sent on 11/09/2017

Jenn · Married on 09/15/2017

We were married at Shadowbrook last Friday (9.15.17) and we could not have imagined a more perfect wedding. From Day 1, Amy and her team were available to answer our every question, and help guide us through the planning. On the day of our wedding, we met our bridal attendant (Viktoria), Maître D' (Matt) and Danny and were overwhelmed by their grace, kindness, helpfulness and professionalism. Literally anything you could think of, they were available to help with, and often times anticipated our needs before we even realized them. Our guests were floored by the quality of service and the beauty of the venue. Without a doubt, this day would not have gone as perfectly without the help of this stellar staff. We can't thank you enough for making our special day so perfect! Jenn & Mike

Sent on 09/21/2017

Debra · Married on 09/10/2017

My guests are still raving about the beauty, elegance, incredible service & the best food EVER at my son's wedding on September 10 .
    My guests agree that they have never been to a catering venue that had this caliber of food and service. I was so busy greeting guests at the cocktail hour I didn't get a chance to sample everything. Would love to go back as a guest so I can eat!!!
    There are not enough stars to rate Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Janet · Married on 09/03/2017

We worked with Amy, who was always friendly and helpful. When I had a question, I emailed. My phone would ring with Amy on the other end within 10 minutes. We also dealt extensively with Mark, an owner. His hands-on approach really made the difference. We had dietary requests that involved massaging the menu quite a bit. He was incredibly responsive, even asking me a last question at the cocktail hour. We were also concerned about having enough time on site for photographs, as there was an afternoon wedding also. Mark made sure that we had access to the bridal suite upon our arrival, as well as the grounds for photos. Shadowbrook is a gorgeous facility, both inside and out. Our plan was to have the ceremony outside. The flowers on the property are incredibly beautiful, as is the outdoor space for a ceremony. I spoke with Danny, the General Manager, several times within the 36 hours prior to the ceremony, to understand how and when we would make a call for inside vs. outside. He was super calming. When we arrived at SB, we were greeted by Danny, Matt, our Maître D, and Stephanie, our bridal assistant. From the moment we arrived until we left, they catered to our needs. Matt was amazingly attentive but also incredibly calm, as little things came up throughout the night. Stephanie was fantastic. We had an issue with the bustle on my daughter’s dress, which she expertly solved. We were introduced to our table waitress during the day, who had a table reserved for us for the cocktail hour. She whisked us away as the ceremony ended and brought us some food and drink. That was incredibly important – to eat something – before we began to circulate. Our guests raved about the food, the quantity, the quality, the presentation, and spoke about our wedding as one of the best they had ever attended. Shadowbrook had a lot to do with that. We have been to many weddings that seem to drag – too much time sitting, not enough dancing. We worked with Mark;he made our vision come to life

Sent on 11/11/2017

Kristen · Married on 08/27/2017

We loved our wedding at the Shadowbrook! Amy, Matt, and Stephanie are absolutely amazing at what they do and make the day seamless!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Lindsay · Married on 07/21/2017

I had my wedding at the Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury this past Friday, and it was truly perfection! Amy and Dan were amazing with helping us plan our perfect day! From the second we stepped off the party bus to when we got into our limo to leave the venue, they catered to everything we needed. Matt and Stephanie greeted us walking off the bus, and took anything we had in our hands and walked us up to the bridal suite. Any drinks or food we wanted, it was there within minutes. Before we went to the cocktail hour to see our guests, they brought up plates of food to the (beautiful) bridal suite for us to try. When it came time to bustle my dress, Stephanie (my Bridal Assistant) took over. Later in the night, my bustle ripped, and Stephanie took out pins and thread from her pocket and fixed the rip and pinned the dress. When I told her my feet were hurting she helped me take my shoes off and provided me with flip flops (that she had).
    Enough about me... THE FOOD!!!! OMG the food! Every single person could not say enough about how amazing the food was. The food at the cocktail hour was never ending, and so delicious! As the bride, I didn't get to explore the tables of options, but I heard about everything from the personally carved bacon slices to the mushroom truffle ravioli, to the amazing raw bar where a man was shucking oysters right in front of you. As many of my guests said, it was the most amazing cocktail hour they have ever attended.
    At the reception, every guest was treated so well! Each table had its own server and the entrees were just as amazing as the cocktail hour food. Just when guests didn't think it was possible to have so much good food, it happened. Same with the desserts.
    We couldn't have asked for a better experience, and I find it hard to compare the Shadowbrook at Shrewsbury to any other venue in our area!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2017

I had my wedding at the Shadowbrook 7/7/17 and it was the best decision we made! The grounds were so beautiful, perfect for an outdoor wedding. The Shadowbrook staff were not only professional but so attentive. Almost every guest expresses to us how amazing the staff was during the reception. The cocktail hour was AMAZING and the food was absolutely delicious. Again, almost every guest commented on how delicious the food was. We received comment after comment from our guests that it was the best wedding they've ever attended. I cannot say enough about how amazing the Shadowbrook is!

Sent on 07/27/2017