Shades of Jade Reviews

19 Reviews for Shades of Jade

• Ally

Ally Anderson · Married on 09/28/2019

Jade is the best

I did an incredible amount of research when trying to find a videographer for my wedding. I found Jade and got in touch with her and she was very responsive, easy to talk to and she made booking her so easy.
    She is so FUN to work with. She made sure we looked amazing and posed us so well. When we got our video back, we were speechless. It is the most amazing wedding video we have ever seen. Whenever we show people the video, they constantly compliment how amazing the videography is. I promise you that jade is THE BEST in the business. You will not regret booking with her. She is absolutely incredible and talented.

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/24/2019

Shades of Jade is amazing!

Jade is absolutely amazing! We are over the moon with how beautiful our wedding video turned out. She pays attention to detail and the couples personalities . Each creation is unique in its own special way. She is extremely kind and easy to work with. We were honored to have her share our special day with us and have found a lifelong friend. Would absolutely recommend her to anyone , anywhere! Lots of love.

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew Mclellan · Married on 07/13/2019

So happy we found Jade!!

Jade was our wedding day videographer, and she captured the day perfectly. We had her with us for 8 hours, which covered the end of getting ready through the reception. We made that choice very intentionally because we wanted to be sure she was there for all of the dancing, and we’re so happy she was! Throughout the day, Jade took a lot of care to get the footage she needed while not being intrusive with us or our guests. She also worked very well with our photographers, which made everyone’s jobs easier and also made things incredibly smooth and relaxing for us. Jade has a great personality, which lent to people opening up to being filmed naturally and also made it feel very comfortable to have her there with us throughout the day. We are also so thrilled she was there for the entire reception, as she captured so many priceless shots on the dance floor that bring us so much joy to watch again! After the wedding, we worked with Jade to find the perfect music to fit the video. We really appreciated that she was willing to take the lead on this but also wanted to get our input to make sure we loved our video. She provided several song options to consider for the opening sequence, and we ended up choosing a song we hadn’t heard before but now love! The final wedding video ended up being about 11 minutes long and exceeded expectations. Early on when we were planning our wedding, we debated about whether to hire a videographer. We are absolutely thrilled we did, and we cherish the ability to relive our day through the amazing video she created. We recommend Jade without hesitation for any of your wedding videography needs!

Sent on 05/10/2020

Jenny · Married on 06/29/2019

Get ready to be wowed with an incredible piece of artwork and heirloom!

Jade is an INCREDIBLE artist and visionary and so flexible and creative! I had some loose, unique ideas for things I wanted to tape and show on our wedding day, so I hired her to make two films for us. My fiance and I agree that it was by far better than we even imagined! Before hiring Jade, I researched and interviewed with other videographers, as well, so I am writing this review with knowledge of what others offer and what makes Jade stand apart from them. Here are a few things that set Jade apart: 1) She is truly an artist. She knows lighting, she knows angles (she even made sure I didn't "lose my neck" in the shots so they would look prettier- I so appreciate that!), 2) she will turn your ideas into masterpieces - she is open to creative ideas for shoots and she will make it perfect. Just look at her vimeo account, and you'll see what I mean, 3) many videographers do not use sound clips, and I think you lose some of the story in that. Jade is a master at piecing together sound clips in ways that tell the story and keep the video engaging (she did a beautiful 11 minute love story for us that didn't feel like it "ran on" at all), 4) she uses VERY high quality equipment and her videos reflect that. Drone footage? Yes, she can do that. Stellar mics? She's got that too. She's also very good at hiding mics, so they are not distracting. The audio quality was SO clear. I watched other videographers' tapes and in most cases, sound was muffled and background noise was present, 5) she can think on her feet. My fiance and I were so excited to shoot with her at the Salt Flats, and she planned to use her drone there for us. None of us expected it to be so windy! While it was too windy for anyone to fly a drone that day, she took some creative shots with her other camera that gave the effect of a long-range shot, 6) she really listens and makes it YOUR shoot rather than just what fits her style. My fiance has written a few songs for me, and she incorporated the songs beautifully into the video. I also needed the video to loop seamlessly, but to still be clear when the video was ending, and she came up with a genius idea to begin the shoot with a pan up from the ground at the salt flats and to end by planning down to the ground at the salt flats, 7) her prices are very reasonable, particularly given the amount of time she clearly puts in to making them perfect, 8) she loves what she does, she has a college degree in it, and it shows, and 9) she is FUN! She is encouraging (but not in the annoying workout DVD trainer way :) and will tell you how pretty the shots are looking. If you're camera-shy or just not used to being filmed (like most of us!), you will want a videographer who can do this well. By the end of our second shoot, my fiance and I were trying to think of more reasons we needed her, because her quality is just so, so good! I don't normally write reviews (especially long ones like this), but Jade is worth it. Book her now! I promise you that you won't regret it!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Adrianne Goodsell · Married on 04/05/2019

Jade is Amazing!

Jade is phenomenal. She captured candid moments throughout our special day, and made magic out of it. Our whole day was filmed beautifully, and now we have that to look back on for forever. The music choices were perfect, and the moments were so special. I looked at a lot of other videographers before deciding to have Jade film our special day, and not one of them seemed like the right fit for us. She made us feel so comfortable the whole time, and gave us a little direction to get the perfect shots and it made the video look flawless. Jade was able to capture our love and happiness on our wedding day, and I could never thank her enough for that. I am so happy and thrilled with our video! I truly can't stop watching it. I would HIGHLY recommend her to everyone, she knows what she is doing!

Sent on 04/25/2019

Lindsey Nutsuakor · Married on 02/17/2019

Wedding video

I just got my wedding video and I couldn’t love it more! It captures the mood of the day that I will always get to remember and cherish. Jade was very talented and knew how to capture exactly what I wanted. Couldn’t be happier!!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Madison

Madison Jensen · Married on 11/17/2018

First look + Wedding Video

Jade seriously went above and beyond for our videos. After going back and forth for a couple of weeks, we ultimately landed on Jade and I can’t imagine either myself or my husband being happier with how it turned out. She’s so unique with her edits and you can clearly tell that she loves what she does. She was easy to work with, always asking if there was anything else we wanted and wanted to make sure that we got everything we wanted. Everyone that’s watched it has loved it and that it’s so different from other wedding videos. I cannot recommend her enough. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Jade. We are so incredibly happy with how they both turned out.

Sent on 01/27/2019
  • Cira

Cira · Married on 11/10/2018

Breathtaking work that captured all the highlights

Jade is incredible as all the other reviews say. I searched high and low for someone that would give us the right feel and look for this important piece of our wedding. You can find several people that can give you a video of the wedding day but Jade captured the feel and vibe of the moments, she focused on the parts that really mattered to us as a couple, and did it in a timeless way. I am obsessed with how it turned out and I know it must have taken days just to sift through all the footage she had.

Before our wedding we did a love story video and we waited to watch it until we were at our reception. It was such a fun piece and everyone watching it with us loved it. She had it to us in a timely manner and gave it to us in a format that we could have it ready and play for everyone without having to watch it first. I would highly recommend doing one of those videos. It was a fun experience for my husband and I and Jade made it so easy to talk and answer the questions she prepared in advance.

For our wedding we had a very long day. Jade started at my home before the sun was up while I was getting ready, came to do our first look and bridal at a different location then was outside the temple waiting for us. After we had a luncheon and ring ceremony in another location followed by our reception and party. Jade was everywhere capturing the best moments but you know she is a pro because I didn’t even realize she was there. She worked seamlessly with our photographer and between the two of them we have that special day captured forever.

Both my husband and I have high expectations for video and photography and we were more than thrilled to see the final results. Her eye for angles and lighting is not something you will find with an amateur.

If an occasion presents itself to use her again I would in a heartbeat. This is not an area that I would skimp on because you will forever have this to remember it by. 6 months after our wedding we watched it and it was like reliving that special day all over again! I’m positive that Jade won’t disappoint if you use her services. I could rave on more about her but I think her work speaks for itself.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Dominique · Married on 11/03/2018

Jade is the Best Videographer in the State

Jade is an incredibly talented videographer. She went above and beyond to capture our first look — she was flexible, creative, efficient and professional. She created a video that we will always treasure. I will hire her every time I need a videographer. She is by far the best videographer in the state. I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Alma · Married on 09/01/2018

Only the best!

First of all, I thought I only had 30 characters for this review... and I thought “there’s no way I can sum up Jade’s work in 30 characters.”
    When I was first looking for someone to capture our day I was overwhelmed by all the different vendors; however, then I found Shades of Jade and I fell in love with her work!
    Our wedding was in both Spanish and English and this girl rocked our video in both languages!!!
    I got our video today and I cried watching it. It took me back to our wedding day. She captured all of the best moments, smiles and kisses❤️
    I can’t sum up how much I love our video. It truly met more than our expectations. You’re the best!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Caity-Ann · Married on 08/04/2018

Jade was the perfect choice for our wedding video! I am so happy and in love with our beautiful video and my husband and I will cherish it for all of our days! I spent hours researching videographers and when I found Jade I instantly knew she was the perfect choice! Her kindness, prompt response and professionalism all made for a fantastic experience. We flew Jade to Alaska to film our magic mountain wedding and she captured everything beyond perfectly! My husband and I both had tears in our eyes watching it together, and our whole family (especially those who couldn’t make it to the wedding) are so happy and love it too! I keep re-watching it! It seriously brings me so much joy especially with our songs so perfectly playing in the background. It is everything I’ve dreamed of, and much much more. I love it! I’m obsessed. It makes me want to do it all over again! You’re a videographer -goddess Jade ! Thank you thank you thank you!! To all future couples - organizing Jades travel was easy and stress free, she is super easy going. I consider us good friends now! She worked wonderfully with my photographer and most of my guests didn’t even know she was working, they thought she was a wedding guest that’s how well she blends in and doesn’t disturb the vibe of the wedding at all. One of my priorities was having drone footage of our mountain wedding and her skills with hers did not disappoint! I’m so happy to have aerial footage of our day and venue! You are incredibly talented!! Cried and laughed the whole way through!! You far exceeded all of my hopes and dreams!!! I would highly recommend to any future couples looking to capture their big day or love store! We love you Jade! Thank you again!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Lexie · Married on 06/30/2018

Jade went above and beyond with capturing our wedding day! She was very professional, and also very easy to work with! She captured all of the important parts of our day, and made it look beautiful! I will recommend her for anyone looking for a videographer!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kiersten · Married on 05/12/2018

Jade was phenomenal! She was so kind and she worked well with the photographer. She made the day fun! The video came in a timely manner and the quality was great! So many people loved the video. The lighting and every moment in it flowed well together! We loved everything!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Julia · Married on 05/05/2018

11/10 in every way you can imagine. Take your dream wedding, multiply is by 100, thats how your wedding video will turn out. My wife and I are weird about this stuff, we obsessed over every vendor we hired, and it’s no competition that Jade outshined them all. I can gaurentee this girl wont let you down, in fact she’ll be the real guest of honor. The best wedding videographer I could have ever asked for.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Katelyn · Married on 03/20/2018

My fiancé and I had quite a bit of videos we wanted/needed leading up to and during our wedding day. It had always been my dream to have a video of my family and loved ones giving advice and sharing stories about my husband and I. I was hesitant to bring it up, because I knew it would require a lot of effort. When I brought it up to Jade, she was happy to create that extra video and work with not only our schedules, but our families and friends schedules to create this video. She made it such an easy and enjoyable experience! Usually I do not do well in front of cameras, but she helped guide us to make the perfect shots! She's a gifted videographer and for a killer deal! We lucked out!"
    -Katelyn

Sent on 03/07/2018

Alexis · Married on 02/10/2018

I cannot even begin to describe how amazing Jade was to work with. I knew I wanted to have a videographer to capture my wedding day, however, it was difficult finding someone that was affordable for me. I stumbled across Jade, and was so thrilled to learn that she was available for my wedding day. Not only was she flexible, but she was also affordable. I needed her for two videos, and both videos turned out amazing. I loved them both. And got my videos within a short period of time. She's extremely talented and I highly recommend her for all your videography needs.

Sent on 03/15/2018

Meghan · Married on 06/14/2017

Cannot even begin to rate Jade highly enough. She created a stunning wedding video for our Horseshoe Bend elopement and captured the majesty of the place and our love for each other perfectly. Affordable, amenable and truly talented.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Mariah · Married on 03/11/2017

Here’s my experience with Jade Films. I can’t even believe to start with how amazing Jade is!!! It was a crazy and sad story for my wedding videography... and jade was actually just a second shooter for my wedding (one year ago). My videographer I hired, completely dropped the ball. He didn’t even deliver me a video after my wedding... wouldn’t respond to me, wouldn’t talk to me. After 9 months of him hoarding my footage AND my money, I reached out to jade and she took action for me! She got back ALL my footage back (and my money back), jade herself had twice as much footage as he did, and she made the video for me. I spent nights literally in tears, because this was the most important thing for me and I had nothing but photos of my wedding day. She actually saved my wedding day, one that I CANNOT recreate even if i tried. Now.... though I’ve talked about her saving my video, she also is AMAZINGLY artistically talented. The quality of the video and how she put it together... it brought my family and I into tears how well she did! She told a story... my husband and I’s wedding story and she gets all the little things in a big crazy wedding day. And I can’t thank her enough for that. Would recommend her to anyone. She’s the best around!!!!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/19/2018

Jade was great for our wedding day. She did a fabulous job with our video which we love. She is easy to work with, creative, and professional. I would highly reccomend using her for your wedding needs!

Sent on 06/29/2018