91 Reviews for Serenata Strings

Cello (1)
Viola (1)
Piano (1)
91 Serenata Strings Reviews

I am so happy that I am able to recommend Serenata Strings. They came recommended to me by my wedding planner and my wedding venue. I had this idea to include a "Fun Facts on the Music" section on the back of my wedding program which explained the stories behind our particular music selections. So, it was very important that all the songs we requested were actually played. We chose more non traditional songs and they had the sheet music for most of our choices already. There was one song that they did not have and they gave me very clear directions on how to obtain it. They approved my choice first before I purchased it and then printed it off themselves. When the big day came, they played every song we asked them to and they played it beautifully (including the new song they needed to learn!). We got SO many compliments on our string quartet and one of our guests even asked for their card for their upcoming wedding because they were so impressed. I could not be happier with the music they played. These are very talented musicians and they helped to make our wedding stand out!

Profile Picture Ellen, 12/9/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs

Serenata played a song starting in the middle at a certain point right after the ceremony. THey did it perfectly timed and exactly where I wanted the to start. They played beautiful music and looked sharp doing so. Professionals and talented!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

One of the best investments I made was booking Serenata Strings to play at my wedding ceremony. The music was absolutely beautiful and they played esxactly the music I wanted. They made my dreams come true. Be patient when communicating, they are very busy, but will get back to you every time. Again, absolutely wonderful music!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/4/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Piano, Violin, Instrumental-Trio, Ceremony

Serenata Strings played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and we were thrilled with their services! Many of our guests told us they started crying as soon as the string quartet started because it was so beautiful. The team was very easy to work with and I would recommend them for your event!

Profile Picture Monica, 9/30/17, 14 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Hi all. I was recently wed on Friday 9/9/2017. I have to say I was blown away by the beautiful music and how polite and professional the musicians were. Karen was a treat to work with. Everything was so easy from music planning to the wedding program. So much music to chose from. Serenata Strings truly helped make my wedding night magical. I really wanted them to stay longer. The communication between Karen, musicians and myself was excellent. The musicians were on point when qued for the flower girls and ring bearer and for my entrance. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. Thank you so much Karen and Serenata Strings. Would definitely recommend to anyone else and I will be booking again soon .. :)

Profile Picture Felicia , 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I was in total awe from the moment my ears listened the sweet sound of their violins. I met a few of the violinist at an open house, and knew right away they were the ones. I couldn't have been happier the day of our wedding, it was all so perfect. They even learned a new song upon request for our bridal party entrance. I would definitely recommend to any future bride.

Profile Picture Angelica, 3/10/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Viola, Violin, String-Trio, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs

Our experience with Serenata Strings was amazing! Karen was so helpful in helping us plan our special day. They have music samples on their website and also send you a CD with samples, as well. This made the whole process extremely easy for us, which is SO important in the wedding planning process.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/2/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony
2.5

While Serenata Strings did show up to our wedding ceremony on time and did play the list of songs we requested, communicating with Karen in the months/weeks leading up to the wedding was a nightmare. After the initial email response from my inquiry about services, Karen didn't reply to emails in a timely manner, a few times waiting over 2 weeks to reply. I had to email her several times to "remind" her to please answer my questions. She always answered with a list of excuses as to why she was so busy with other events and was unable to reply sooner. While always apologetic, I expect a vendor to reply within a couple of business days with firm answers, not a list of reasons why they haven't been able to get in touch. I would not hire them again because of the lack of communication. Beautiful music, but unreliable in responsiveness and communication led me to question if they would even show up on my wedding day. Thankfully, they did, but a bride should not have to wonder "what if".

Profile Picture User6089342, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jay and Karen provided guitar/violin music for my daughter's wedding and reception, and they were fabulous! The music was beautiful and added just the right tone to the big day! They were very easy to work with throughout the process and answered all emails promptly. They accommodated special requests with ease and were totally professional. Would highly recommend Serenata Strings!

Profile Picture Rhonda, 10/3/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Guitar, Violin

We had a fully string quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour music and it was absolutely beautiful. Most our music was already in their repertoire and they sounded great! It was such a beautiful touch.

Profile Picture User4439156, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Serenata Strings did a great job providing music for our ceremony. The music was beautiful and we got so many positive comments from our guests about the quality and uniqueness of the music they played. They were helpful leading up to the wedding as well.

Profile Picture User3922792, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Very pleased with Serenata Strings -- they did a fantastic job during my wedding ceremony! They were easy to work with and their performance exceeded our expectations!

Profile Picture Lacie, 3/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Serenata Strings was an amazing vendor! They were very easy to work with and extremely flexible and great at managing expectations. Karen was so kind and informative in the days leading up to the wedding. When the weather took a turn for the worst the day before the wedding she made sure to stay in contact and found a way for all the musicians to arrive safely and prepared for the ceremony! The musicians were very professional and required little direction, they knew what they were doing and delivered an excellent sound! Very grateful to have had the opportunity to work with them!!

Profile Picture Whitney, 2/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Beautiful music!! Everybody in the bridal party and audience was in tears before I even walked up the aisle.

Profile Picture User4595687, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
2.0

Unfortunately, I am unable to recommend Serenata Strings and Karen who was our contact throughout our wedding. Serenata Strings came highly recommended by both our wedding planner and other brides that I'd known. We chose Serenata Strings for the reason that they were willing to play special music with the soloist at our wedding. We provided the sheet music for the musicians, as requested, as well as the pre-wedding worksheet with our song selections for the prelude, ceremony, and postlude music. Karen was both rude and unprofessional via email, and late to respond on multiple occasions, regarding our soloists music. They did not provide a MP3 for the soloist to practice with until 2 weeks before the wedding, when we had requested it 2 months prior. The agreement stated the entire quartet and pianist would arrive at the church 30 minutes prior to beginning the prelude music for the ceremony. Only 1 musician arrived on time and unfortunately did not bring any of the sheet music provided and spoke little English so the soloist was unable to communicate with him or practice with the entire quartet prior to actually performing the song during the ceremony. In addition, none of the musicians were given the wedding worksheet I had filled out and therefore, they had none of the sheet music for the hymns we had chosen for our prelude and postlude music. Unfortunately, I must not recommend that anyone use them as it was highly stressful and disappointing the day of the wedding on both the bride, Mother of the Bride and the soloist.

Profile Picture Hillary, 11/15/14, 4 Reviews
4.7

Serenata Strings has a fantastic repertoire of both classical and contemporary music. We chose a blend to be played before and after our ceremony and all went smoothly even though I submitted my song requests more than a month late! The musicians arrived on time and played outside in the unexpectedly freezing weather we had on our wedding day.

I'd recommend Serenata Strings to any bride. They sounded fantastic, were prompt and I felt we got a lot for our money.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/15/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Professional, courteous and altogether classic. Just some of the things I can say with confidence about Serenata Strings and their performance for my wedding ceremony. They are completely reasonable and very flexible - I can't recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Molly, 10/25/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They were as reasonable in pricing as any of the other quartets and came highly recommended from our other vendors. They found some specific songs we wanted played as well. The team was on time and set up for the ceremony and moved to cocktail hour effortlessly as far as we know. The only bad part is that they played during cocktails and we were taking pictures - I wish I could have heard them!!
Karen at Serenata was very prompt and great at getting back to me with details and contracts!

Profile Picture Mel, 7/19/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Serenata Strings performed at our wedding held at the Dallas Aboretum this year. The quality of service and professionalism was awesome. I would highly recommend!

Thank you for making our wedding memorable!

Priscilla Liu

Profile Picture User3848241, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
1.3

Spend a little more money and go with a more professional string services. I hired them for my wedding on May 10, 2014 and Karen was difficult to work with throughout the entire process. I specifically asked them to play "Hallelujah" when the bridal party was walking down the aisle, and they played some other unidentifiable music and then went into "Going to the Chapel of Love" instead. It was incredibly tacky and I was upset that they didn't honor my request or let me know they didn't have the music. I confirmed with Karen weeks before the wedding and she said her team could play the songs I requested, but they didn't.

Find another string quartet that will give you what you pay for.

Profile Picture Monika, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Karen and the team did an amazing job! I initially booked them at the Dallas Bridal Show, when Karen played "I'll be There" by the Jackson 5 on the spot on her violin. They are very talented musicians. Prior to the wedding, I received MP3 recordings of my ceremony music so that I could ensure I liked the sound. They had a wedding earlier that same day as mine, but arrived on time and played beautifully.

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/3/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They arrived on time, lovely music and made sure everything was correct for the ceremony prior to the day!

Profile Picture User3480405, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

They did a lovely job, arrived on time, professional.

Profile Picture User3480446, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Absolutely beautiful touch to for our Catholic wedding ceremony. Guests raved about our string quartet. I wanted to keep things traditional and choose familiar wedding songs, and each was executed perfectly. They were on time, professional and impressive. Definitely the perfect way to add romance and style!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/27/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Beautiful string trio for our daughter's wedding! Easy to contact and work with, lovely music, top-notch quality! I very highly recommend them!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Janet, 7/21/13, 7 Reviews