Senses at Play Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Kim W. Married on 04/30/2022

Simply Amazing!

John was absolutely wonderful! He took the perfect amount of pictures and they just came out stunning! He knew exactly what and where to take them. I loved that I didn’t have to ask he just did. It was quick, efficient, and just the best! I can’t recommend Senses at Play enough! We also did a trash the dress photo shoot while on our trip to Key West which was just as perfect. We can’t wait to go back for our one year anniversary and use them again!
  • Susan
    Susan S. Married on 01/10/2022

They were awesome. Very professional.

They were extremely professional and our pictures are awesome. Recommend them. We couldn’t have gotten anyone better.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa I. Married on 12/11/2021

Amazing photographer

We used them for our wedding photos and John did an amazing job. He was very quick to post a preview of the photos on Facebook and just wow! The photos are so beautiful, I can't wait to see the rest. Very talented, highly recommend!
  • Jill
    Jill K. Married on 12/06/2021

Excellent Photographer

John was so easy to work and took tons of pictures. We now have beautiful pictures to re-live our wedding day over and over. He is a fantastic photographer - so happy we found him for our destination wedding in Key West. Would hire him again hands down!
    Cameron A. Married on 11/16/2021

Perfect photos from a perfect day

We had a great experience with John and Senses at Play Photography. He struck just the right balance of coordinating the photos and also capturing the wedding ceremony in a perfect way where you didn’t even know he was there!! It was perfect. When we received the photos we loved every single one and spent so much time going through them and reminiscing about the day. They were beautifully captured and edited and his scenes were amazing in a beautiful spot. Highly recommend!!
    Lauren Married on 11/06/2021

Wonderful!

John is wonderful. He knows what he's doing and took beautiful photos of our wedding in Key West. Great price for quality pictures of your special day!
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey V. Married on 11/04/2021

Great experience

John and staff was exceptional with taking our vision and making our wedding exactly what we dreamed of. From the first day we had great help planning and it helped tremendously with bringing down the stress of destination planning immensely.
    Lauren M. Married on 10/01/2021

Phenomenal Photographer

John was great to work with. He kept us on track and made sure we got all of our family and bridal party photos done in a timely and efficient manner. Our photos came out absolutely beautiful and John delivered them all within 30 days. I would highly recommend using John at Senses at Play, Key West.
  • Hailey
    Hailey C. Married on 09/12/2021

Dream come true!

John and the Senses at Play/Family Affair planning services team made our wedding day a dream come true! They were a pleasure to work with- professional, kind and organized! John has the best eye and his photos are stunning! I highly recommend their services!
  • Angie
    Angie F. Married on 04/10/2021

Amazing photographers!!

What an amazing experience it was working with Bernadette and John for our wedding!!! So professional, attentive, responsive. Five Star company!!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey Married on 03/04/2021

Beautiful Photos!

John with Senses at Play captured our wedding so beautifully! He was so fun and easy to work with and was very focused on what we wanted for our group photos etc. The sunset photos he captured were our favorite! I couldn’t recommend Senses at Play enough!
    Alexia F. Married on 02/01/2021

Highly recommend

We had limited time with John, and we were even running behind schedule. John made the absolute best of our time. He was very professional and made sure we got all of the shots we wanted but did not make us feel rushed. We received a 14-photo sneak peak in less than 24 hours, and also received our whole album very promptly. The photos turned out amazing. He was a pleasure to work with, and we would highly recommend.
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 12/12/2020

Great photos!

Mr. McCall was punctual, professional, and appeared to have worked with the staff and venue many times before. He made it look so easy (even though I know it’s not). The pictures are amazing! My husband and I are very happy with the pictures!
    Mike R. Married on 11/10/2020

Captured All Aspects of Our Wedding - Great Photographer!

John is a great photographer. He captured the wedding in great photos. He would have different angles and poses helping make sure we really caught our best angles. He took nice pictures of the venue with all of our decor setup. He was so easy to work with...always having a way of getting us to pose how he wanted. And a very important aspect - John was so nice and good spirited during the whole process. We recommend John for your wedding or important event. Thanks, John - we love our photos!
  • Ashley
    Ashley W. Married on 06/26/2020

Seamlessly Amazing and can we say sneak peaks!!!

What amazing business owners! This husband and wife team are great at what they do! John was the photographer for our wedding on June 26th 2020. He captured everything I was hoping for and more! Such a natural at making everyone comfortable in front of the camera. I have two children who never have been fans of having their pictures taken and he even managed to get smiles out of them! Everything from "traditional family photos" to "Bloopers" and everything in between. The quality, quantity and turn-a-round on receiving our pictures back was truly amazing! The next time I have professional pictures taken I will 100% be making the trip to have them done with John and Bernadette! P.S. they posted sneak peak pics of the wedding within 24 hours of the event!!! Say What? that was AWESOME!
  • Laura
    Laura B. Married on 05/03/2020

The BEST in Photographers - we loved them!

It was just the two of us getting married, but Senses at Play gave us the full, rockstar treatment and attention as if 100 people came! Not only did they capture fabulous shots but their attention to detail, willingness to help me (I had no bridesmaids so John and staff helped me pin up my train and a dozen other tiny but important favors), and knowledge of the BEST Key West locations made our special day just that much more wonderful. We really couldn't have done it without them - and after it was over they continued their incredible, personal service with high quality prints and a true passion for helping us long after other photographers would have forgotten our names. Absolutely wonderful! Also, their affiliate Family Affair (Bernadette!) did our wedding video - just right for the two of us but again, with the full attention and care as if it were an Oscar picture. Lovely people, lovely day, lovely memories.
    Karen H. Married on 04/11/2020

Highly recommended!

We got married 3 weeks ago and have already seen some of our wedding pictures. They are gorgeous! The shots they were able to capture are truly incredible. They have a very professional team and bring all the appropriate lighting etc to make the shots turn out so well! They work so frequently at all the local venues that they know where and when to get the right pictures …. I even think the Pelicans and birds must have been working for them as well - as they flew through the images at the most ideal times! I can’t wait to get all the pictures from that day and see the candid pics they were able to capture as well. I highly recommend Senses at Play for wedding photography!
  • Jaime
    Jaime R. Married on 02/12/2020

One of the best decisions you’ll make

We are so happy we went with bernadette and John. Our day was perfect and they were so easy to work with leading up to the big day and the day of. You’re in good hands with this team and the product they produce is exceptional.

Jamie
    it was a pleasure to photograph your day - the love and fun between you two shined through all the photos - I wish you a long and loving marriage.
    Bernadette
    Ashley M. Married on 01/19/2020

Can not recommend highly enough

This review is overdue as we got married in January (pre-Covid) and it was a destination wedding. First of all, Bernadette was great about working with us to put together a timeline for the day and allowing us to make sure we had time for everything we wanted to do. We decided to do a first look and then John drove us around town so that we could get pictures around Key West which was important to us too. I highly suggest the around town photos, especially if you're from out of town.

We ended up doing the Family Affair package which provided us with a videographer and DJ as well. It was one of the main reasons we went with Senses at Play, because for one deposit we were able to secure a photographer, videographer and DJ. And we were really happy with our decision!

The photos themselves are excellent! We were blessed with a gorgeous sunset which John was able to capture perfectly. It was important to us that our photographer could take an amazing sunset photo and John absolutely delivered. He captured all of the moments of the day so beautifully!

I can not recommend Senses at Play highly enough and highly suggest the Family Affair package for your photography, videography, and DJ needs.

Senses at Play Photography's reply:

Ashley thank you for such a wonderful review - we appreciate all the extra details and your thoughtful energy in writing this. It was a pleasure to assist you and capture the beauty of your event and the love and happiness that shined from both of you. John McCall - Senses at Play Photography (and team) Happy New Year!
  • Debra
    Debra H. Married on 10/10/2019

My Wedding in Paradise Captured to Perfection

John was patient, accommodating and kind about all requests, in addition to being an amazing photographer. I had a sneak peek of pictures the very next day and a complete set of photos in just over a month. Most importantly, the photos were spectacular. From the moment I show anyone the first photo to the end of them all, my friends and family can't stop gasping and saying how magnificent they are. Thank you, John, for memories I will cherish revisiting for the rest of my life.

Senses at Play Photography's reply:

Debra - thank you so much for the kind words - it was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day and capture all the moments big and small! I greatly appreciate the time and energy to write such a beautiful review
    John
  • User4557159 2+ years ago

Best decision for photographer!

Perfect experience from the first contact with Senses At Play. Through email I could tell John was a fun energetic person to work with! Planning a destination wedding without being able to meet anyone beforehand or visit our ceremony and reception site seems like it would be stressful, but not with John! He was professional and gave me a level of comfort where I felt like "this is all taken care of" and I was right! He really knows what he is doing, and throughout the entire day he was an absolute joy to work with. Because of him I have some of the most beautiful moments captured from my wedding day.
  • Neri
    Neriman Married on 03/09/2019

John and Bernadette are wonderful!

John and Bernadette McCall were the first ones I wanted to contact after I got engaged. I have personally worked with both of them while catering events in Key West and I have seen their amazing skills and professionalism. Not only that but they were always so positive and friendly!
    I was thinking…now I will be the bride so I was not sure how things are going to go. But it was all perfect!
    Communication with them was wonderful . Bernadette answered all of our questions and she made suggestions for us. John was our photographer and we arranged a meeting with them in their amazing studio to talk about all details before the wedding.
    3 weeks before the wedding I injured my knee and had to contact all vendors to figure out a plan ..since I had to be bride on crutches. That was not an issue at all and we had to changed few things to accommodate my situation. John just always seemed to be in the right place at the right time to catch all the action and candid photos that will serve as lifetime memories for us.
    He was so kind and helpful throughout the entire process and his skill and passion were clearly visible in his work. He made us genuinely smile and knew exactly how to work with our large wedding party (7 bridesmaids and 7 groomsman ) and bride that is on crutches. ….in the most graceful way.:) Not surprisingly, our pictures turned out beyond beyond perfect. It couldn't have been a better experience.
    Not to mention that few day after the wedding they had an album with selection of pictures for us that we were able to share and enjoy while we still had some of our wedding guest from out of town.
    Thank you John and Bernadette for capturing the best moment in our life .
    Neri & Michael
    Danielle P. Married on 03/02/2019

PERFECT photos and video!

Our photos and video turned out GORGEOUS! So glad we chose this group! They captured the specialness of our big day perfectly!
    Kailey S. Married on 02/02/2019

Couldn't have asked for better!

John from, Senses at Play, was amazing! The whole Senses at Play team was amazing. We could not have asked for a better photographer. Senses at play set up a photo timeline and stuck to it. Many times before the big day it was reviewed and updated for my preference. John was timely and very was full of patience. When he came to the bridal suite, my bridesmaids and I were running around trying to get ready, he was calm as a cucumber. He was professional and gave great tips for the photos. We received all of our photos within 30 days of the wedding, all edited, all beautiful. My husband and I missed the original email about our photos, and they reached out to us asking if we had received, they made sure we got out photos. Our photos are beautiful, and I do not think they could have turned out any better. Senses at Play really cares about your big day, and they are great at what they do. It shows not only in the photos, but also in how they act during the event. Pick them!
    Hilda Married on 09/29/2018

Best photos I've ever had!

Please go to Senses at Play for your wedding pictures (or I'm sure any pictures!). They are really good at catching moments and they have amazing photo ideas. The colors of the pictures are just absolutely stunning. My wedding pictures with them are no doubt the best pictures I have ever had! Thank you Senses at Play!