Semi Tropical Music Reviews

View more information

• Amy
    Amy V. Married on 08/21/2021

Rave Reviews!

Brian Roberts is AMAZING! He provided the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and it could not have been better! Everyone raved about him and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of his music. He was extremely easy to work with, accommodating and friendly. In fact, our seven-year-old son LOVED him so much he wants us to hire Brian for his next birthday party (in Minnesota! HA!)! If you are looking for music for your wedding in the Florida Keys, hire Brian Roberts…he is absolutely THE BEST!!! Thank you, Brian, for “Making Our Dreams Come True!” ;)
    ♥ Damon & Amy
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 05/09/2020

Beautiful Voice + Guitar + Key West Vibe

My family secretly hired Brian to join a Zoom to celebrate my fiance and I's original wedding date postponed due to COVID. He joined the Zoom and played our first dance (Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You) while we danced on our balcony in Atlanta, as our friends + family from across the USA looked on from their screens. He made it even more special by playing Happy Birthday to my Grandma, from whom we chose the original wedding date for, and led our family in a singalong on the call. He went above and beyond to make this otherwise sad day very special and was very flexible + adaptabile to these stange times we are living in! I would recommend Brian to anyone have a wedding in the Keys as he captures the exact vibe + wonderful voice I would want. We are just hoping our wedding isn't postponed again in February so we can hire him to join our Key West wedding in full form!
    Carolyn Married on 03/07/2020

Made Everything Perfect!!

By many KW wedding vendors, Brian was named the best in the industry. So our decision was made easy. Brian is professional, an excellent musician, and totally a people person. What more do you need, honestly? After we hired Brian for our wedding, we were in KW over the holidays (before our wedding) and saw Brian play locally. We introduced ourselves and he sat with us during his break. We had a real convo, we got to know him, and felt not only excited but totally at ease to know a great musician with a fantastic personality would be playing at our wedding!
    His performance was amazing at the wedding. He did our ceremony solo and our reception with a keyboardist. He is flexible with the band make up and even learned songs we wanted him to play!! We received SO many compliments. He had our wedding guests up, dancing, smiling, and laughing nearly the entire time. Wish we could do it all over again!
    Just hire him. Trust me. I did a ton of research online and got local vendors opinions. You will not regret it. Can’t wait to see Brian again when we visit KW!! Groom Quote: Worth every penny!
  • Chelsie
    Chelsie V. Married on 02/20/2020

Hire Brian for Your Key West Wedding!

Brian played at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in Key West on 02/20/20 and was absolutely amazing! His music was perfect for our destination wedding and all of our guests talked about how talented he is. Brian learned a sentimental song for my husband and I and played it during our sand ceremony. It was beautiful! He even took requests at our cocktail hour. Brian is very kind and also quick to respond to any question or concern you may have. We are so thankful he was available for our wedding date. Thank you so much, Brian! We can't imagine our day without you a part of it.

Semi Tropical Music's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Chelsie, I had a wonderful time playing for you all! I enjoy playing requests and your friends and family asked for some really great songs during cocktail hour. Take care, see you on your next visit to Key West!
    Lindsey L. Married on 11/02/2019

Best wedding band ever!! SO much fun...book them!!

Brian and his band were the best decision we made!! I was planning from Kentucky for our destination wedding down in Key West and he made everything leading up to the big night so easy! He always responded quickly and professionally, and when the night came everyone had a blast! I told him which songs we wanted and the band performed them flawlessly...everything was so perfect. When it came time for speeches, he graciously let all 6 of them have the floor and kicked off the music again right when they were done. They took requests all night and played them all perfectly. We only had about 50 people at our wedding and my biggest fear was that no one would dance, but that wasn't an issue at all. They made every song so much fun, and they were able to effortlessly read the crowd to play just what everyone wanted to hear. I wish we could have another wedding or event down in Key West just so we could hire them again!! What a fun, fun band...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Book them, you won't regret it!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 02/10/2019

Funnest Wedding Dance Ever!

Brian and his band were absolutely perfect! Brian played acoustic guitar for our ceremony, I had referenced a Rolling Stones song during our vows and Brian was the star of the show when he played the opening riff to the song ad lib (none of the guests believed me when I told them it was NOT rehearsed). Brian also played for our cocktail hour and then his band joined him to play for our reception. I gave them free reign to play whatever they wanted and it was THE funnest reception I have ever been to! They knew how to please a crowd and the dance floor was packed all night long as a result, my guests are still raving about the band to this day. Brian was so responsive and easy to work with, I knew he and the band would be fantastic but they exceeded my expectations. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Semi Tropical Music's reply:

Thank you Kristen, we had a blast playing for you! They will never believe that "Paint It Black" intro wasn't rehearsed but you ain't lyin'! Totally off the cuff! I wish you all the best...keep in touch.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect Island Ceremony Music

Brian performed our wedding ceremony music and cocktail hour music (with an additional keyboard player). He played a fantastic set, catered to my request for my processional music and really set a cool island vibe for our wedding. He was also able to provide a mic for our officiant for the ceremony, which was very helpful. Highly recommended!

Semi Tropical Music's reply:

Thank you Rachel! We had a great time playing for you! Wishing you and Chris all the best. Next time you are in Key West please stop by Sloppy Joe's, the first round is on me!
    Marie-Laure Married on 03/24/2018
    Brian was wonderful! Extremely professional, super nice, and very responsive. I am particularly grateful because he took the time to learn a special tune for my entrance (from piano to ukulele!) and it was just the most beautiful thing ever. It was a tune from a video game that is very special to me and my husband and it was INCREDIBLE! I cry every time I watch our wedding video :) Thank you again, Brian. You are the best!

Semi Tropical Music's reply:

Thank you Marie-Laure, I really enjoyed playing your wedding ceremony. Your special request was a beautiful piece of music for sure!
    Adorah Married on 04/08/2017
    Book him! My finance and I saw him play at a private event in the keys. I know I wanted him at our wedding. Unfortunately he was already booked for our date, but I thought I would still give him all 5 for how great he was

Semi Tropical Music's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! Please let me know next time you are in Key West!
    Ashley Married on 05/21/2016
    Brian was amazing. He did our ceremony music, including the processional and recessional, so we considered his role to be very important. He did NOT disappoint. He learned two new songs for the processional and recessional to make our ceremony a dream come true. His music was beautiful and the guests loved it as much as we did. It was so easy to work with him, especially being an out of town bride. I would highly recommend him to anyone having a Keys wedding.
    Marisa A. Married on 10/17/2015
    Brian played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and he also played for our wedding. All our guests got up to dance and Brian was really good at playing the right music for the crowd. He also played our special requests for our first dance, mother and father dances. One of the songs he had never heard before but he had no problem learning it for us. He was easy to communicate with and did an awesome job at our wedding. We definitely recommend him!

Semi Tropical Music's reply:

Thank you Marisa and Joel! I had a great time playing for you all, what a fun evening!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/11/2013
    Brian Roberts was fantastic. We hired him to play for our ceremony and cocktail hour. We spoke a few times before the wedding and chatted back and forth on what we were looking to hear. Unfortunately we were off doing pictures most of the time but our guests raved that Brain was wonderful. He even played our wedding song for us on his guitar which was very special!

Semi Tropical Music's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It was my pleasure to play for you!
    Amy Married on 06/12/2012
    Brian was amazing. We had our wedding when we docked at Key West off a Carnival cruise ship. I wanted to pack him in my suitcase to have him with us the rest of the trip. He was so easy to work with before the wedding and the day of. He learned a new song for us and was very laid back, flexible, and accommodating. My friends are still raving about him!! One of the best things about the day!!!
    Colleen Married on 10/08/2011
    Brian played during our ceremony and during our reception. My husband had many up-front requests and Brian was so responsive and was able to fulfill every one of them. He sounded great and the guests had a blast! Thanks!
    Rebecca Married on 03/25/2012
    Brian was great. He even learned a new song when we requested something he didn't know. We had him play for our cocktail hour too and he kept everyone entertained with a great mix of music.
    Phyllis Married on 11/11/2011
    I provided him with a list of artists we both enjoyed and he was able to select appropriate music for not only the ceremony but also the cocktail hour. Definitely worth your money!!!