Seeking Films Reviews

Seeking Films 5
Seeking Films 6
Seeking Films 7

Erica · Married on 04/21/2018

We had the pleasure of working with Trevor from Seeking films for our Wedding day. We booked their 8 hour 2 photographer package. Trevor was super friendly and professional but also extremely fun to work with. You can tell he has a very creative eye when taking photos. We couldn't be more happy with how our pictures turned out! They are absolutely stunning! They really captured the overall mood and vibe of the day. From the beautiful photos of us as a couple to the candids of our guests, every picture was perfect. So many of the guests have even messaged me personally to tell me how amazing the photos turned out. Definitely worth every penny! Thanks Again Seeking films!

Seeking Films 8
    Seeking Films 9
    Seeking Films 10
    Seeking Films 11

Resham · Married on 12/30/2017

We are thrilled we had the opportunity to work with Seeking Films. Initially, we didn't plan on having a videographer at the wedding, but we stumbled upon Seeking Films' work and fell in love. From the beginning, Jack was really responsive and worked with us to create a package that fit our budget. On the day of the wedding, he and his team were super professional and under the radar; we barely noticed they were there!

We received our film a few months after the wedding, and we were blown away by how beautiful it was. It captured the spirit of the day, and we appreciated that Jack listened to our preference for incorporating vows and speeches into the audio. Even though the initial edit was amazing, we wanted to include a few shots of specific guests (mostly family members), and Jack worked with us to add them in, even though we felt like we were asking a lot. We're so happy with the final cut, and we definitely recommend working with Seeking Films if you have the opportunity!

Appi · Married on 12/03/2017

We are so glad to have had Seeking Films as our photographer and videographer for our wedding. I first found them on Wedding Wire and fell in love with their work soon after. I emailed Jack about pricing and availability and he contacted me right away. We ordered the Same Day Edit videography/8 hour photography coverage. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, he was very understanding and flexible for what we wanted to have captured in our wedding. We met Jack and Lina for our concept engagement shoot at Lulumahu Falls Trail. They made us feel very comfortable and despite it being a very windy day, they managed to capture some amazing moments. On the day of, the Seeking Films team arrived on time and ready to go. They were very accommodating and even asked if we wanted any special shots. Trevor was great with taking photos with the kids! During the reception, they showed our Same Day Edit coverage which was PERFECT. A few days following the wedding, they provided our Same Day Edit online (with a few more edits) which turned out EVEN MORE PERFECT. They also provided a sample album of the photos they took which were BREATHTAKING. They captured all of our favorite moments and made it into art. I can’t wait to see more of the amazing work that they do! I HIGHLY recommend Seeking Films to all of my family and friends!

Julienne & Brian · Married on 09/08/2017

My husband and I had our dream wedding last September. Planning a destination wedding was a challenge, but Jack and his team were incredibly responsive, professional, and made us feel at ease throughout the process. On the actual wedding day, the team was such a joy to have around. They captured amazing moments and allowed our day to unfold naturally and authentically. They worked well with us, the wedding party and guests, and the vendors. Everything was beautifully executed. Huge bonus for taking our song request for the video - we all love every second of it. Seeking Films is fantastic and I can’t speak highly enough!

Julienne & Brian

Seeking Films 12
    Seeking Films 13
    Seeking Films 14
    Seeking Films 15
    Seeking Films 16
    Seeking Films 17

sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

Jack and his Seeking Films crew were phenomenal to work with. It wasn't hard to choose someone to tell our story after watching all their videos on Vimeo and being so deeply moved. The feeling of watching your own video created by Seeking Films is beyond words. The day of the wedding, they were very punctual, needed no assistance, and were always right in the action. Our family made several comments on how nice and respectful the crew was throughout the day - we highly recommend!
    Thank you for telling our story!

April · Married on 04/29/2017

There’s a reason Seeking Films has five stars. They have a true talent for what they do. Honestly, you’re wasting time looking any further ☺ The photographers and cinematographers were in every moment, seamlessly capturing every part of our beach day, luau rehearsal dinner, beach ceremony and backyard wedding – even wearing waterproof boots so they could stand in the ocean to not miss a single good angle! Jack has been wonderful to work with, working hard to give us everything we hoped for from inception to the final product.

My husband and I are both writers and the short film doesn’t just tell the story of our wedding weekend, it tells the story of our lives. We both write movies for a living and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have found a fellow storyteller to weave together our own story so well. We'll cherish this for the rest of our lives.

Noel · Married on 02/11/2017

I’ll refrain from commenting on the actual product. If you’re reading this review, you’ve probably already had a chance to view some of their work and you don’t need me to tell you THEY ARE THE BEST. The quality of their work speaks for itself.

What I will comment on is the experience we had working with Jack and Seeking Films. From the start till up to the moment we said I do and even months after has been an absolute pleasure. Anyone can film two people but to tell a story like they do takes something special. We felt comfortable throughout the whole process allowing us to be ourselves fully and allowing Jack and his team to capture it.

We also really appreciated their response time. They were prompt in returning our emails and texts and were very flexible with our schedule. I’ve heard horror stories of other couples waiting over a year to receive their final product. Jack and his team finished in 2 months without compromising quality.

They were also very flexible. Upon our request, they were able to stay longer on our wedding night. Also, due to my husbands job description, we had to omit some parts of the short cinematic film. Without hesitation or complaint, Jack and his team made the edit. They went above and beyond our requests and put out a better product then we could have hoped for.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Seeking Films to anyone who is looking for a Videographer for their special moment.

Remalyn Joy · Married on 12/10/2016

Invest in your photos and video! I am so blown away with just the Same Day Edit. I can't wait to see the full feature! My husband and I were searching a while until we found Seeking Films. We wanted a videographer who could capture our personalities, showcase our close moments cinematically, and more importantly to just have fun with us on our big day. Luckily, The Knot website recommended Seeking Films as a vendor on my profile. I watched a few of their videos on Vimeo and I just fell in love. I knew Jack and his team were the one and I was excited to see what they could create for my husband and I. The process went very smoothly. We got in contact with Jack, told him what we wanted, he drew up a contract, and we had a videographer! We really appreciated his flexibility with everything - from capturing our gender reveal, the payments, and our crazy timeline for the wedding day. He's a quiet guy, but easy to talk to and work with. They've got a great team with great things going for them. They were very professional and super fun to have around. We can't express enough how thankful we are and how awesome they are for doing what they did for us on our wedding day. Thank you Seeking Films!!!

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2016

Beautiful videography all around, but the short cinematic film alone was worth the cost! STUNNING! A perfect reminder of our perfect day. Highly recommend to everyone. Thank you for everything Jack!

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2016

Jack and his team at Seeking Films are amazingly talented, professional and extremely easy to work with! The highlight short film was so incredible, and I honestly watch it all the time even 4 months later. My husband and I researched 5 or 6 videographers not just on Oahu, but on neighbor islands as well and so I can definitely say Seeking Films was by far the best value and the best quality. We really liked their artistic vision and their ability to capture seemingly insignificant moments that were later artfully woven together to create the story of our wedding. I'm originally from Oahu but was living in California during the wedding planning process and I would definitely recommend Seeking Films for destination weddings because they were so easy to work with from afar. Additionally, of the best things about Seeking Films is that you don't even know that they are there during the wedding! But they captured absolutely everything! My friends and family remarked multiple times that they didn't even notice the crew and there were 3 videographers. What I'm trying to say is that they are very respectful and professional and were never "in the way." Highly recommend!

Seeking Films was one of the best choices we made during our wedding planning. Destination weddings can be difficult to plan if you don’t have the chance to visit/meet with the people/places that you will work with. This was the case for us. We had to put a lot of faith in the words of others as well as what we could gather online regarding what the vendors could provide. And Seeking Films could not have done a better job in capturing our special day in film just like we imagined.
    When we first took a look at their portfolio online, it didn’t take much for us to decide to work with them based on their style. They were very responsive during the wedding planning process. And on the day of the wedding, Jack and his team were easy to work with and very professional. They got along well with our guests and did their job without being awkward and diligently behind the scenes despite the big equipment and the hot weather.
    And most importantly, when they delivered the video of our wedding, it wasn’t just a record of the day, but a well-polished artwork that really captured what we felt that day. Plus you get everything in a cute custom made USB drive in a wooden box too!
    So check out their portfolio and if you feel that their style is the right one for you, then you can stop worrying about which videographer to work with. Seeking Films will go above and beyond in meeting your expectations and will not disappoint you.

Anne · Married on 04/16/2016

My husband and I had the privilege of working with Seeking Films on our wedding day. We were not initially planning to hire a videographer for our wedding, but when we came across Seeking Films’ website and watched some of their beautiful highlight films, we fell in love! Planning a destination wedding in Hawaii can get stressful at times but working with Jack was completely stress-free and was greatly appreciated since it was one less item to worry about. Not only was Jack and his team extremely professional and kind throughout the entire process, but they made us feel so comfortable on our big day! It was as if the Seeking Films team was not even there throughout the wedding. However, the amazing angles and footage they were able to capture after viewing our films made it evident to us that they were most definitely in attendance. I can't express enough how happy we are with the quality of work we received. Watching our wedding video gives us the opportunity to relive our day again and again and it is something we will cherish for many years to come. I am so happy that we had the opportunity to work with Jack and his team and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to commemorate a special occasion on video.

Leah · Married on 04/09/2016

Seeking Films' work is sublime. They do an amazing job capturing the perfect image and creating a story through each photo (follow them on instagram and facebook, you'll see what I'm talking about). I'm so happy with how my pictures turned out! And I mean every one of them. Trevor and Yuyu worked our wedding and they did a fantastic job. My husband and I were pretty anxious (and at times awkward penguins), but they were able to work with us and do their thing seamlessly without any issues. Thanks for being part of our special day and catching all our moments perfectly on film. Highly recommend checking Seeking Films out!

Stephanie · Married on 04/01/2016

There are not enough stars to rate Jack and his team. From the first email to our short film-everything was handled with promptness and professionalism. Our wedding was planned from CA and we were very lucky to have happen to fall upon Seeking Films on Instagram. We fell in love with their style, both photos and film. And for the price, it can't be beat! During the wedding, honestly we only remember seeing Jack once during the whole day-which is a great thing because it should be au natural knowing the video is something you'll watch forever. Travis lead the photography part of our day, making us feel comfortable in front of the camera (definitely something we were not used to). We were so happy with the end product, which exceeded our expectations. Also, our photo and video were delivered to us within two months! I'm happy to say, I can still watch our wedding video and cry -every time. Thank you Jack and team for not only making our day run so smoothly, but also for making us look so good!
    -Stephanie and Jon

Camie · Married on 03/26/2016

Seeking Flims stays true to their vision statement of capturing a couples unique love story. I initially fell in love with the beautiful photographs and heartfelt cinematography while doing research for our wedding. Having Jack, Trevor, and the Seeking Flims team on our special day from start to finish was an awesome experience. We've received nothing short of compliments and made a few referrals in response to our Same Day Edit.

We have nothing but praise for Seeking Films. We had our wedding in Maui and the Maui-based videographers for the caliber and quality we were looking for were a bit on the expensive end. So we decided to expand our search to the surrounding islands and that's how we found Seeking Films. We were very impressed with the cinematic movies they uploaded onto Vimeo and didn't really look elsewhere. Their package includes everything you could ask for, including a third shooter, a drone, and 8 hrs of service. Even with their flights included, they fell within our budget without having to give up anything in their package. We've only exchanged e-mails and phone calls prior to the wedding day, but upon meeting them in person, we found them to be very professional, yet easy and enjoyable to work with. They arrived early to start filming and never got in our way during their candid shooting. They worked well with our photographer (whom they hadn't worked with in the past), making sure to not step on each other's feet, which is important when capturing all the moments. They worked efficiently with us to get all the sunset and night shots and stayed late until the sparkler exit. They completed the cinematic movie within the expected timeframe and my husband and I absolutely loved it! We received it last week and we have probably watched it over 50 times combined. All of our family and friends were blown away by it. We were already pleased with our experience at the wedding, but the video just pushed it way over the top. We trusted them so we didn't give them any ideas or suggestions for the video and they exceeded our expectations. They captured numerous beautiful shots, picked a perfect song, included all the important moments and was all well-edited. In summary, if you need video services near Hawaii (heck, anywhere on the planet) and want to get the most value for your buck, you should look no further than Seeking Films.

Emi · Married on 01/09/2016

Trevor, Jack and Lina are the BEST! Our engagement photos/video and wedding photos/video are AMAZING! Seeking films definitely goes above and beyond your expectations! They're creative, talented and SO easy to work with :) I've watched our wedding film over and over, and I still can't believe that its our film. We have something to look back at that takes us right back to the most important and best days of our lives! We are so grateful and overwhelmed with gratitude for the amazing work they did for us!

Ted · Married on 12/12/2015

My wife and I are so so happy to have Seekingfilm as our videography! Due to some delay during the wedding, they would have to stay an extra hour longer than what was in the contract. However, they showed no sign of tiredness or weariness, instead, they were happy to do whatever it took to help us! The quality of our wedding video exceeds our expectation, everything was 'spot-on' when we watched our video. We are so fortunate to know them and have them as our videographers.

Kelsie · Married on 10/03/2015

Seeking films is amazing and they produce beautiful work. A friend recommended them to us for our wedding. They were exactly what we were looking for because they do BOTH photography and videography. I loved their same day edit video and short cinema film, they have a different perspective on looking at things, it captures you attention. Their prices are reasonable and actually really affordable for both photo and video and their quality of work. Jack and Trevor are great guys, they're fun, professional, and laid back which I liked because it made you feel relaxed when they're videoing and photographing you. Thus, it shows in your photos and look more natural and fun vs stiff and awkward. They are also very quick in responding to emails, I had a LOT of questions and I sent a LOT of emails, which were all answered thoroughly and professionally. It made planning a wedding a little less stressful.

On the wedding day they arrived on time with their team of about 5 people. They worked well with our wedding coordinators. Everything went smoothly and they captured our whole day. I was impressed with the same day edit that they furiously worked to put together in a matter of hours. The quality and the moments they focused on was beautiful it was touching and moving yet fun yet elegant all in one! I absolutely loved it! I recommended them to all my friends for their weddings!!

Tiffany · Married on 09/16/2015

Both Trevose and Jack were amazing. I am so happy I decided to got with them for our pictures. I live in San Diego and planning a wedding on Maui turned out to be very stressful. I was not able to meet any of my vendors until the day of the wedding. However I had spoken with Jack several times, and he made me feel so at ease. Even though they are based out of Oahu I felt these were the guys, and boy howdy I was right. My family especially my sister who is a wedding planner loved Trevor and Jack. We both loved their work style. Laid back and fun, but still spot on for professionalism.
    I recently received my proofs from them. Both my husband and I are very pleased. I couldn't wait to share them with my family.
    Seeking Films should be on the top of your list for pictures. You will not be disappointed.

Cori · Married on 09/05/2015

Words cannot describe how amazing Seeking Films is. These guys are young and talented and they were THE best vendor we selected for our wedding. I first found Seeking Films after a friend used them for her wedding. At that time they were just starting off, but you could tell that their videos were unique and they had an eye for creativity and capturing the feeling of the moment. Watching their other videos, you feel like you are there sharing the moment with people you don't even know.

We booked Seeking Films over a year before our wedding and after our first meeting with Jack we knew we selected the right crew. He is professional, laid back, personable, and had great ideas. We really wanted a Same Day Edit video and Jack assured me from the get go that the quality wouldn't be compromised. About 2 weeks before the wedding, Jack reached out to us and suggested taking some shots beforehand to incorporate into the Same Day Edit. These scenes turned out beautifully and were breathtaking in the video. On the day of the wedding, Jack, Trevor, and the rest of the crew hung out with the bridal party all day. I felt like they were part of the gang and really made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. The result was an awesome Same Day Edit video that many of our guests came up to tell us that it was one of the best videos they had ever seen. 5 days later, Seeking Films posted the video on their blog with the addition of more scenes from the reception and it was simply amazing to relive the day again. These guys are true professionals and are producing art and videos like no one else in the business. They are also so easy and comfortable to work with. We are so happy we will have this video that truly captured the feelings and moments of that day to look back on forever.

Apryl · Married on 08/29/2015

If you're looking for a reliable and professional group of videographers who are consistent in producing high quality work, you don’t have to look any further and hire Seeking Films. Jack and his team captured the essence of our special day and were so easy to work with. They arrived on time and were well-prepared for my disorganization. I planned a destination wedding from across the country and didn’t have the time to discuss anything with Jack (not his fault), but his team somehow captured every special moment of our wedding and more!!

Shot after shot, we were in awe at how seamlessly they integrated the natural beauty of our surroundings into our wedding. We were after all in picturesque Hawaii, so the drone shots at our venue were pretty… spectacular - at least, spectacular enough to make our wedding appear perfect. :D

For some additional perspective, I’d like to disclose that I watched many, many videos from a dozen or so vendors from Hawaii (plus New York and New Jersey over the years), and many were good but their shots were what I’d consider ‘basic’. Very few have the ability to get those artistic shots and even fewer put a special touch into the editing process. If you look closely at the videos Seeking Films have produced, you’ll notice that every frame is as detailed as a postcard.

Anyway, I ultimately chose Seeking Films for a couple of reasons: 1. Jack is reliable and extremely efficient (who has time these days) and 2. the quality for the price of their work met both my taste and budget.

lynnea · Married on 05/02/2015

Seeking Films blew us away our wedding film. Jack and Trevor were some of the nicest people ever, and they went above and beyond to make the entire process as smooth as possible. We can't thank them enough for being so easy to work with. As far as their talent, anyone can see their work is absolutely stunning. We didn't have to make any special requests or point out things we wanted to get the final result. They're so good, they captured exactly who we are and how our wedding was without any guidance. Their work is absolutely moving!

Maricel · Married on 02/07/2015

Jack, Trevor, and the rest of the Seeking Films team are soo awesome to work with. Before we booked with them, I was obsessed with the quality of their work ..and even more thrilled when I found out they were more affordable than a lot of other photographers that I had inquired with. They shot our engagement pictures which turned out beautifully...and also did the photography/videography on our wedding day. I love their style...everything always felt natural and no weird/awkward poses :) They are 100% professional...extremely responsive...and went above and beyond all my expectations! I would definitely recommend Seeking Films to all brides and grooms in the future...one of our best wedding investments!!

These guys did a fantastic job with our photographs and video!! What's a bride to do when she's on a budget but yearns for beautiful photos/video of one of the most important days of her life?? Hire these guys! I contacted quite a few potential photogs/videographers (our wedding was in Maui, but I searched for vendors on other islands as well) and Seeking Films was definitely on the affordable end for the level of quality and artistry that I wanted, even after taking into account the reasonable fee for them to travel from Honolulu to Maui. With this team (two photogs, two videographers) you don't have to worry about how your photographers and videographers will work together. Both our photographs and video turned out amazing, and we are not even photogenic people! There are so many special but fleeting moments during a wedding, and they were able to capture so many of them, we were blown away. The company's only been around for a year or so, hence the few reviews, but these guys are extremely talented... better snap them up while they're still affordable!