33 Reviews for Seeking Films

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Slideshow (1)
USB Hard Drive (1)
33 Seeking Films Reviews

We are so glad to have had Seeking Films as our photographer and videographer for our wedding. I first found them on Wedding Wire and fell in love with their work soon after. I emailed Jack about pricing and availability and he contacted me right away. We ordered the Same Day Edit videography/8 hour photography coverage. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, he was very understanding and flexible for what we wanted to have captured in our wedding. We met Jack and Lina for our concept engagement shoot at Lulumahu Falls Trail. They made us feel very comfortable and despite it being a very windy day, they managed to capture some amazing moments. On the day of, the Seeking Films team arrived on time and ready to go. They were very accommodating and even asked if we wanted any special shots. Trevor was great with taking photos with the kids! During the reception, they showed our Same Day Edit coverage which was PERFECT. A few days following the wedding, they provided our Same Day Edit online (with a few more edits) which turned out EVEN MORE PERFECT. They also provided a sample album of the photos they took which were BREATHTAKING. They captured all of our favorite moments and made it into art. I can’t wait to see more of the amazing work that they do! I HIGHLY recommend Seeking Films to all of my family and friends!

Profile Picture Appi, 12/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Highlight Video, One Event/Day, Slideshow, Digital Download, USB Flash Drive, Cinematic, Short Form

Jack and his Seeking Films crew were phenomenal to work with. It wasn't hard to choose someone to tell our story after watching all their videos on Vimeo and being so deeply moved. The feeling of watching your own video created by Seeking Films is beyond words. The day of the wedding, they were very punctual, needed no assistance, and were always right in the action. Our family made several comments on how nice and respectful the crew was throughout the day - we highly recommend!
Thank you for telling our story!

Profile Picture sarah, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Digital Download, USB Flash Drive, Drone Footage, High-Def Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form, Storytelling

I’ll refrain from commenting on the actual product. If you’re reading this review, you’ve probably already had a chance to view some of their work and you don’t need me to tell you THEY ARE THE BEST. The quality of their work speaks for itself.

What I will comment on is the experience we had working with Jack and Seeking Films. From the start till up to the moment we said I do and even months after has been an absolute pleasure. Anyone can film two people but to tell a story like they do takes something special. We felt comfortable throughout the whole process allowing us to be ourselves fully and allowing Jack and his team to capture it.

We also really appreciated their response time. They were prompt in returning our emails and texts and were very flexible with our schedule. I’ve heard horror stories of other couples waiting over a year to receive their final product. Jack and his team finished in 2 months without compromising quality.

They were also very flexible. Upon our request, they were able to stay longer on our wedding night. Also, due to my husbands job description, we had to omit some parts of the short cinematic film. Without hesitation or complaint, Jack and his team made the edit. They went above and beyond our requests and put out a better product then we could have hoped for.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Seeking Films to anyone who is looking for a Videographer for their special moment.

Profile Picture Noel, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Add'l Hours, Drone Footage, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, USB Flash Drive, USB Hard Drive, Cinematic, Storytelling

Invest in your photos and video! I am so blown away with just the Same Day Edit. I can't wait to see the full feature! My husband and I were searching a while until we found Seeking Films. We wanted a videographer who could capture our personalities, showcase our close moments cinematically, and more importantly to just have fun with us on our big day. Luckily, The Knot website recommended Seeking Films as a vendor on my profile. I watched a few of their videos on Vimeo and I just fell in love. I knew Jack and his team were the one and I was excited to see what they could create for my husband and I. The process went very smoothly. We got in contact with Jack, told him what we wanted, he drew up a contract, and we had a videographer! We really appreciated his flexibility with everything - from capturing our gender reveal, the payments, and our crazy timeline for the wedding day. He's a quiet guy, but easy to talk to and work with. They've got a great team with great things going for them. They were very professional and super fun to have around. We can't express enough how thankful we are and how awesome they are for doing what they did for us on our wedding day. Thank you Seeking Films!!!

Profile Picture Remalyn Joy, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Beautiful videography all around, but the short cinematic film alone was worth the cost! STUNNING! A perfect reminder of our perfect day. Highly recommend to everyone. Thank you for everything Jack!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/20/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jack and his team at Seeking Films are amazingly talented, professional and extremely easy to work with! The highlight short film was so incredible, and I honestly watch it all the time even 4 months later. My husband and I researched 5 or 6 videographers not just on Oahu, but on neighbor islands as well and so I can definitely say Seeking Films was by far the best value and the best quality. We really liked their artistic vision and their ability to capture seemingly insignificant moments that were later artfully woven together to create the story of our wedding. I'm originally from Oahu but was living in California during the wedding planning process and I would definitely recommend Seeking Films for destination weddings because they were so easy to work with from afar. Additionally, of the best things about Seeking Films is that you don't even know that they are there during the wedding! But they captured absolutely everything! My friends and family remarked multiple times that they didn't even notice the crew and there were 3 videographers. What I'm trying to say is that they are very respectful and professional and were never "in the way." Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Seeking Films was one of the best choices we made during our wedding planning. Destination weddings can be difficult to plan if you don’t have the chance to visit/meet with the people/places that you will work with. This was the case for us. We had to put a lot of faith in the words of others as well as what we could gather online regarding what the vendors could provide. And Seeking Films could not have done a better job in capturing our special day in film just like we imagined.
When we first took a look at their portfolio online, it didn’t take much for us to decide to work with them based on their style. They were very responsive during the wedding planning process. And on the day of the wedding, Jack and his team were easy to work with and very professional. They got along well with our guests and did their job without being awkward and diligently behind the scenes despite the big equipment and the hot weather.
And most importantly, when they delivered the video of our wedding, it wasn’t just a record of the day, but a well-polished artwork that really captured what we felt that day. Plus you get everything in a cute custom made USB drive in a wooden box too!
So check out their portfolio and if you feel that their style is the right one for you, then you can stop worrying about which videographer to work with. Seeking Films will go above and beyond in meeting your expectations and will not disappoint you.

Profile Picture User6679953, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cinematic, Documentary, Short Form

My husband and I had the privilege of working with Seeking Films on our wedding day. We were not initially planning to hire a videographer for our wedding, but when we came across Seeking Films’ website and watched some of their beautiful highlight films, we fell in love! Planning a destination wedding in Hawaii can get stressful at times but working with Jack was completely stress-free and was greatly appreciated since it was one less item to worry about. Not only was Jack and his team extremely professional and kind throughout the entire process, but they made us feel so comfortable on our big day! It was as if the Seeking Films team was not even there throughout the wedding. However, the amazing angles and footage they were able to capture after viewing our films made it evident to us that they were most definitely in attendance. I can't express enough how happy we are with the quality of work we received. Watching our wedding video gives us the opportunity to relive our day again and again and it is something we will cherish for many years to come. I am so happy that we had the opportunity to work with Jack and his team and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to commemorate a special occasion on video.

Profile Picture Anne, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Cinematic, USB Flash Drive

Seeking Films' work is sublime. They do an amazing job capturing the perfect image and creating a story through each photo (follow them on instagram and facebook, you'll see what I'm talking about). I'm so happy with how my pictures turned out! And I mean every one of them. Trevor and Yuyu worked our wedding and they did a fantastic job. My husband and I were pretty anxious (and at times awkward penguins), but they were able to work with us and do their thing seamlessly without any issues. Thanks for being part of our special day and catching all our moments perfectly on film. Highly recommend checking Seeking Films out!

Profile Picture Leah, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are not enough stars to rate Jack and his team. From the first email to our short film-everything was handled with promptness and professionalism. Our wedding was planned from CA and we were very lucky to have happen to fall upon Seeking Films on Instagram. We fell in love with their style, both photos and film. And for the price, it can't be beat! During the wedding, honestly we only remember seeing Jack once during the whole day-which is a great thing because it should be au natural knowing the video is something you'll watch forever. Travis lead the photography part of our day, making us feel comfortable in front of the camera (definitely something we were not used to). We were so happy with the end product, which exceeded our expectations. Also, our photo and video were delivered to us within two months! I'm happy to say, I can still watch our wedding video and cry -every time. Thank you Jack and team for not only making our day run so smoothly, but also for making us look so good!
-Stephanie and Jon

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Highlight Video, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, USB Flash Drive

Seeking Flims stays true to their vision statement of capturing a couples unique love story. I initially fell in love with the beautiful photographs and heartfelt cinematography while doing research for our wedding. Having Jack, Trevor, and the Seeking Flims team on our special day from start to finish was an awesome experience. We've received nothing short of compliments and made a few referrals in response to our Same Day Edit.

Profile Picture Camie, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Highlight Video, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Raw Footage, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, USB Flash Drive, Cinematic

We have nothing but praise for Seeking Films. We had our wedding in Maui and the Maui-based videographers for the caliber and quality we were looking for were a bit on the expensive end. So we decided to expand our search to the surrounding islands and that's how we found Seeking Films. We were very impressed with the cinematic movies they uploaded onto Vimeo and didn't really look elsewhere. Their package includes everything you could ask for, including a third shooter, a drone, and 8 hrs of service. Even with their flights included, they fell within our budget without having to give up anything in their package. We've only exchanged e-mails and phone calls prior to the wedding day, but upon meeting them in person, we found them to be very professional, yet easy and enjoyable to work with. They arrived early to start filming and never got in our way during their candid shooting. They worked well with our photographer (whom they hadn't worked with in the past), making sure to not step on each other's feet, which is important when capturing all the moments. They worked efficiently with us to get all the sunset and night shots and stayed late until the sparkler exit. They completed the cinematic movie within the expected timeframe and my husband and I absolutely loved it! We received it last week and we have probably watched it over 50 times combined. All of our family and friends were blown away by it. We were already pleased with our experience at the wedding, but the video just pushed it way over the top. We trusted them so we didn't give them any ideas or suggestions for the video and they exceeded our expectations. They captured numerous beautiful shots, picked a perfect song, included all the important moments and was all well-edited. In summary, if you need video services near Hawaii (heck, anywhere on the planet) and want to get the most value for your buck, you should look no further than Seeking Films.

Profile Picture Merijoyce, 3/14/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, USB Flash Drive, Add'l Hours, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception

Trevor, Jack and Lina are the BEST! Our engagement photos/video and wedding photos/video are AMAZING! Seeking films definitely goes above and beyond your expectations! They're creative, talented and SO easy to work with :) I've watched our wedding film over and over, and I still can't believe that its our film. We have something to look back at that takes us right back to the most important and best days of our lives! We are so grateful and overwhelmed with gratitude for the amazing work they did for us!

Profile Picture Emi, 1/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Documentary, Storytelling, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, USB Flash Drive

My wife and I are so so happy to have Seekingfilm as our videography! Due to some delay during the wedding, they would have to stay an extra hour longer than what was in the contract. However, they showed no sign of tiredness or weariness, instead, they were happy to do whatever it took to help us! The quality of our wedding video exceeds our expectation, everything was 'spot-on' when we watched our video. We are so fortunate to know them and have them as our videographers.

Profile Picture Ted, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Seeking films is amazing and they produce beautiful work. A friend recommended them to us for our wedding. They were exactly what we were looking for because they do BOTH photography and videography. I loved their same day edit video and short cinema film, they have a different perspective on looking at things, it captures you attention. Their prices are reasonable and actually really affordable for both photo and video and their quality of work. Jack and Trevor are great guys, they're fun, professional, and laid back which I liked because it made you feel relaxed when they're videoing and photographing you. Thus, it shows in your photos and look more natural and fun vs stiff and awkward. They are also very quick in responding to emails, I had a LOT of questions and I sent a LOT of emails, which were all answered thoroughly and professionally. It made planning a wedding a little less stressful.

On the wedding day they arrived on time with their team of about 5 people. They worked well with our wedding coordinators. Everything went smoothly and they captured our whole day. I was impressed with the same day edit that they furiously worked to put together in a matter of hours. The quality and the moments they focused on was beautiful it was touching and moving yet fun yet elegant all in one! I absolutely loved it! I recommended them to all my friends for their weddings!!

Profile Picture Kelsie, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Both Trevose and Jack were amazing. I am so happy I decided to got with them for our pictures. I live in San Diego and planning a wedding on Maui turned out to be very stressful. I was not able to meet any of my vendors until the day of the wedding. However I had spoken with Jack several times, and he made me feel so at ease. Even though they are based out of Oahu I felt these were the guys, and boy howdy I was right. My family especially my sister who is a wedding planner loved Trevor and Jack. We both loved their work style. Laid back and fun, but still spot on for professionalism.
I recently received my proofs from them. Both my husband and I are very pleased. I couldn't wait to share them with my family.
Seeking Films should be on the top of your list for pictures. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Words cannot describe how amazing Seeking Films is. These guys are young and talented and they were THE best vendor we selected for our wedding. I first found Seeking Films after a friend used them for her wedding. At that time they were just starting off, but you could tell that their videos were unique and they had an eye for creativity and capturing the feeling of the moment. Watching their other videos, you feel like you are there sharing the moment with people you don't even know.

We booked Seeking Films over a year before our wedding and after our first meeting with Jack we knew we selected the right crew. He is professional, laid back, personable, and had great ideas. We really wanted a Same Day Edit video and Jack assured me from the get go that the quality wouldn't be compromised. About 2 weeks before the wedding, Jack reached out to us and suggested taking some shots beforehand to incorporate into the Same Day Edit. These scenes turned out beautifully and were breathtaking in the video. On the day of the wedding, Jack, Trevor, and the rest of the crew hung out with the bridal party all day. I felt like they were part of the gang and really made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. The result was an awesome Same Day Edit video that many of our guests came up to tell us that it was one of the best videos they had ever seen. 5 days later, Seeking Films posted the video on their blog with the addition of more scenes from the reception and it was simply amazing to relive the day again. These guys are true professionals and are producing art and videos like no one else in the business. They are also so easy and comfortable to work with. We are so happy we will have this video that truly captured the feelings and moments of that day to look back on forever.

Profile Picture Cori, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

If you're looking for a reliable and professional group of videographers who are consistent in producing high quality work, you don’t have to look any further and hire Seeking Films. Jack and his team captured the essence of our special day and were so easy to work with. They arrived on time and were well-prepared for my disorganization. I planned a destination wedding from across the country and didn’t have the time to discuss anything with Jack (not his fault), but his team somehow captured every special moment of our wedding and more!!

Shot after shot, we were in awe at how seamlessly they integrated the natural beauty of our surroundings into our wedding. We were after all in picturesque Hawaii, so the drone shots at our venue were pretty… spectacular - at least, spectacular enough to make our wedding appear perfect. :D

For some additional perspective, I’d like to disclose that I watched many, many videos from a dozen or so vendors from Hawaii (plus New York and New Jersey over the years), and many were good but their shots were what I’d consider ‘basic’. Very few have the ability to get those artistic shots and even fewer put a special touch into the editing process. If you look closely at the videos Seeking Films have produced, you’ll notice that every frame is as detailed as a postcard.

Anyway, I ultimately chose Seeking Films for a couple of reasons: 1. Jack is reliable and extremely efficient (who has time these days) and 2. the quality for the price of their work met both my taste and budget.

Profile Picture Apryl, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: Cinematic, Ceremony, Pre-Ceremony, Reception, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Digital Download, USB Flash Drive

Seeking Films blew us away our wedding film. Jack and Trevor were some of the nicest people ever, and they went above and beyond to make the entire process as smooth as possible. We can't thank them enough for being so easy to work with. As far as their talent, anyone can see their work is absolutely stunning. We didn't have to make any special requests or point out things we wanted to get the final result. They're so good, they captured exactly who we are and how our wedding was without any guidance. Their work is absolutely moving!

Profile Picture lynnea, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography

Jack, Trevor, and the rest of the Seeking Films team are soo awesome to work with. Before we booked with them, I was obsessed with the quality of their work ..and even more thrilled when I found out they were more affordable than a lot of other photographers that I had inquired with. They shot our engagement pictures which turned out beautifully...and also did the photography/videography on our wedding day. I love their style...everything always felt natural and no weird/awkward poses :) They are 100% professional...extremely responsive...and went above and beyond all my expectations! I would definitely recommend Seeking Films to all brides and grooms in the future...one of our best wedding investments!!

Profile Picture Maricel, 2/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

These guys did a fantastic job with our photographs and video!! What's a bride to do when she's on a budget but yearns for beautiful photos/video of one of the most important days of her life?? Hire these guys! I contacted quite a few potential photogs/videographers (our wedding was in Maui, but I searched for vendors on other islands as well) and Seeking Films was definitely on the affordable end for the level of quality and artistry that I wanted, even after taking into account the reasonable fee for them to travel from Honolulu to Maui. With this team (two photogs, two videographers) you don't have to worry about how your photographers and videographers will work together. Both our photographs and video turned out amazing, and we are not even photogenic people! There are so many special but fleeting moments during a wedding, and they were able to capture so many of them, we were blown away. The company's only been around for a year or so, hence the few reviews, but these guys are extremely talented... better snap them up while they're still affordable!

Profile Picture User4567185, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Seeking Film is an amazing team and it's easy to work with them. Trevor is their main photographer, he is such a nice young guy. We met him at Starbucks before our engagement photo shooting. He made us feel comfortable to share our story and opinion. Our communication just like we talk with our friend, he didn't make us feel like we were dealing the photo shooting business. He has a good sense to pick locations where can complete our photo shooting. During our shooting day, we felt like we were hanging out, and we didn't feel any pressure or nervous. Of course, he was professional and took us to many gorgeous places we haven't been. We had a lot fun during that day.

After couple weeks, he told us our photos were completed. I was surprise that they are so efficient. We met Trevor again at Fresh Café and check pictures, he is so patient and asked us if we need any edit. My husband and I satisfied the result, because he caught many good moments, be honest we don't have any complains about them : ) I believe if we look our engagement photos after couple years, I will still get vivid memories of the time.

If you have any special occasion need an quality photographer or video shooting, I highly recommend you should go with Seeking Film.

Profile Picture Yuna, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The Seeking Film crew was amazing from start to finish. Planning a destination wedding can be a challenge but our first meeting with these guys put our mind to ease. They were very accommodating and willing to work with us. Trevor and Jack were both very professional and passionate about their craft. They were fun guys too.

Of course first impressions are great but what about the wedding day and the quality of service. Put it this way I have a family member who is a highly rated Weddingwire videographer in California and he told me that these guys were using first class equipment and knew what they were doing. Great that is good to know. So how did everything go? Me and the Mrs. Could not have been happier. The whole day they provided creative shots and were a pleasure to work with. They really went above and beyond to capture all the special moments.

If you are doing a destination wedding like we did or are local and needing of videography services. You need to look these guys up. You will not be disappointed.
Seeking Films Crew you guys Rock!!! Beers on me next time we are in Oahu. Mahalo!!!

Profile Picture Joan, 8/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Not knowing who to choose for videography to shoot our wedding and also looking for an affordable package, I was referred to Trevor through a friend of mines. To start off this review, I am EXTREMELY happy that we chose Seeking Films to be the videography for our wedding! My initial meeting with Trevor and Jack went very well. They were both laid-back, friendly, attentive & it had seemed like I was having a casual conversation with old friends. I shared with them what parts of the wedding would be the most special to capture on video & in return, both Trevor and Jack described their style and assured me that they will film our wedding from all aspects. We bounced ideas off one another, laughed & came up with a vision of what we wanted.

From there on, I knew that we had made the right choice & was excited to have them be our videographers. Leading up to the big day, Trevor was quick to reply to emails. He answered all my questions without hesitation & made wedding planning seem so stress-free.

On the big day, Trevor, Jack and the entire team were there on time for filming both bride and groom (at different locations). They coordinated & worked well with everyone that day. They were never in the way and they actually made a camera-shy girl like me, feel very comfortable. They were with us all day...from morning prep, to the ceremony, picture taking, and finally for the evening reception. My bridal party, husband and I had a great time shooting with them throughout the day.

When we finally got our highlight video, I was ecstatic! I've probably watched our video a million times over and over again because of the quality and great detail. It's like I relived my wedding day and each time I watch my video, there are tears of joy! They perfectly captured the details of our "special moments." We have shared our video with all of our family and friends and each response is "amazing, beautiful, so perfectly captured!"

To Trevor and Jack, thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 7/26/14, 3 Reviews