Sedgefield Florist Reviews

309 Reviews for Sedgefield Florist

• Monica

Monica · Getting married on 05/23/2020

Choose Sedgefield Florist!!!!

Mickey and his family are truly exceptional! I chose Sedgefield to be my florist for my wedding. They were extremely professional and their customer service was top notch. They worked with my budget and they were able to make my vision for the floral arrangements come true. The arrangements were absolutely beautiful and made the wedding feel extravagant. They even offered to donate any remaining flowers that my guests didn't want to a local retirement home, which I thought was so sweet! I highly recommend Sedgefield Florist. They are the best!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you, Monica, for your kind words. You were a pleasure to work with, and I enjoyed coaching you about keeping your vision intact while budgeting wisely. It all turned out beautiful, elegant, and affordable. And thank you for your donation of flowers to our local adopted assisted living facility!
  • Shelley

Shelley Hankins · Married on 12/15/2019

The best florist for your wedding!

Sedgefield Florist is hands down the best to work with. After searching for a month for the right florist for our wedding and getting discouraged by very high prices from other florist, we found Sedgefield! Mickey and his daughters- Jessica and Jo made our Christmas wedding a dream come true and then some. We love Sedgefield and will always refer anyone in need of a florist to them!

Sent on 01/29/2020

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Shelley, Thank you for your kind words! We LOVED creating your vision, from the colors and designs to the greenery. Your ideas for WinMock were perfect, budget-friendly, and elegant. You were perfect to work with! Mickey, Jo, Jessica, Michael
  • Brittany

Brittany Putnam · Married on 12/15/2019

Amazing Florist!

Sedgefield florist helped to make our wedding perfect! The staff are all professional, warm, and knowledgeable. They made a beautiful false flower bouquet for my bridal portraits for an amazingly reasonable price and provided beautiful real bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids for the wedding day along with the corsages and boutonnières. Everything they made was gorgeous! If you want an overall wonderful experience with your wedding florals, we highly recommend Sedgefield!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Kassidy Sparks · Married on 12/07/2019

The BEST florist in the Triad!

Mickey and his daughters are so so talented. They will help you choose the best flowers, work with your budget, and most importantly—provide a stress free process and execution. We had flowers alive and well for over a week after the wedding. They will guide you in picking out product that is in season and that will last. You absolutely can not go wrong using Sedgefield for any event, big or small.

Sent on 02/15/2020

Britni · Married on 10/19/2019

Best decision ever

Hiring Sedgefield Florist was once of the first vendors I secured. From day one I received top notch service. My wants and needs were met and they always educated me on the florals I was choosing and ALL of my options. They made sure that they got me all that I wanted while staying within my budget. On the day of my wedding I was OVERWHELMED by the beautiful florals that came through the door. I would recommend them to any friend or family!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you, Britni! I was honored to be asked to be your wedding florist, and I almost cried with satisfaction on the morning that I cut the October dahlias that I had planted and cultivated for you in April. I loved everything about serving you, down to utilizing the extra greenery and making my first visit to Atkinson Farm in Danville. Thank you for choosing Sedgefield Florist and trusting my daughter Jo to make the beautiful stuff happen! Mickey, Jo, & Donald
  • Megan

Megan Supple · Married on 10/13/2019

Gorgeous wedding flowers

Mickey made the floral arrangements for my wedding and they were BEAUTIFUL. We had to relocate indoors pretty last minute, and he brought in additional decorations and thoughtful touches to make everything gorgeous. He was also very organized and quick with communication to make the floral aspect of wedding planning as smooth as possible. We are still enjoying our wedding bouquets at home 2 weeks later! I would highly recommend Sedgefield Florist.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you Megan! The rain plan turned out to be beautiful. I loved your bouquet, and I loved your flower vision. And my daughters Jo and Jessica loved creating all of the beautiful things for you. You were wonderful to work with.

Jessica Burkhart · Married on 10/12/2019

Outstanding work and wonderful people to work with!!

My goodness, Mickey and his daughters and crew went above and beyond! They truly transformed mine and my coordinator/designers ideas into something I could not even begin to imagine! He showed up the day of the wedding with a bouquet so beautiful I couldn't even believe it! Sedgefield Florist (Mickey!) was so responsive and went out of his to talk to me any time I called, and he met with me several times to make sure the day was exactly I had pictured. If something came up that conflicted with the budget or idea, he called immediatelyI cannot say enough great things about them!!! This is definitely on the DREAM VENDOR list!!!

(Pictures by Liz Grogan Photography)

Sent on 10/10/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Jessica, Your vision and your ideas were wonderful! We loved creating things for you! I am glad we got the balance of dahlias, roses, thistle, delphenium, greenery, and much more decided on. We loved your bouquets, the flowing smilax greenery, and most of all, you and your mom to work with. Thank you for entrusting this to us, and thank you for the review! From our family here at Sedgefield Florist: Mickey, Jo, Jessica, Michael, and Pat
  • Katie

Katie Burch · Married on 10/12/2019

BEAUTIFUL flowers and so nice to work with!

Mickey and the Sedgefield team were so easy and wonderful to work with, plus the flowers turned out BEAUTIFUL. Everything, from the bouquets to the table decorations and altar arrangements, was exactly what I envisioned. Mickey was so helpful with his suggestions and flexible when we had plans and times change before the big day. I would not have wanted anyone else to do our wedding.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you, Katie! You had a beautiful vision, and we enjoyed making it happen. Jo loved creating your bouquet. Thank you for entrusting our small family florist with such an important day in your life! Mickey & Jo

Lindsay · Married on 10/06/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Mickey and the Sedgefield team were amazing! I love flowers, but I also didn't want to go crazy with them at our wedding. They made my vision in my head of the flowers and greenery come to life! I couldn't believe how beautiful everything looked all together in the venue. The bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages were exactly what I asked for. The colors of the flowers were spot on too. We had a hexagon arch during our ceremony that we also repurposed as a background for our sweetheart table and let me tell you, it was an eye catcher. Mickey's on it when it comes to answering phone calls, e-mails, and keeping everything organized. I cannot recommend them enough for a wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you Lindsay! We loved creating things for you, especially the hexagon arbor. We loved your bouquet, your balance of greenery, and everything else. You were a pleasure to work with. Mickey & Jo
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 10/06/2019

Truly Amazing!

These people are a God sent! I truly am so blessed that I found them & had the blessing of working with them. They are good people! The best kind of people. I truly trusted everything Mickey & his daughter suggested because I trusted that they had my best interest & budget in mind. You will not find an easier team to work with. I got my money’s worth & then some....how often can you say that after a wedding! They are so talented. I am still amazed by their work! They made sure every detail was perfect for my day & treated me like apart of the family through the entire process. I can not recommend them enough honestly!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • User5147621 · Recently married

Beautiful flowers for daughter's wedding - exactly what we hoped for!

Mickey, Jessica and Jo at Sedgefield Florist were wonderful to work with for my daughter's wedding. They are professionals that are knowledgeable and helpful from planning through execution. The flowers were beautifully done, capturing the vision my daughter had perfectly. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the flowers were. They are a top notch team. I will use them for any florist needs in the future, and I highly recommend them for weddings!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We loved your daughter's bouquet, and we really loved how the circular arch turned out. Thank you for letting my talented daughters ad lib and take artistic license in creating it. You were wonderful to work with! Mickey and Jo

Amanda Whitfield · Married on 09/27/2019

Highly recommend!

Mickey and his daughters did an amazing job! Our wedding flowers were gorgeous! They are super nice and easy to work with. They were always there to answer any questions and were flexible with any changes that I needed. You can tell they really care about their clients. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Florist Around!

Mickey was the most helpful for my wedding! I had ZERO idea what I wanted and he helped me every step of the way. Everything was so beautiful! He is honestly the nicest and most genuine guy around and I'm just lucky that I had him for a vendor! If you book any other florist in the Triad area, you're going to kick yourself.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Kristen,
    Thank you for your kind words. I also appreciate your flexibility with delivery time on your big day. We loved working with you and making things beautiful for you! Mickey & Jo

Allison Johnson · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Work!

Sedgefield florist is an amazing small family business that has arrangements that are the same (if not higher) quality of an established chain. Their prices are reasonable and their professionalism is on point. I had a rough idea of what I wanted for my wedding day but I know nothing about flower/greenery. The artists at Sedgefield all but read my mind with every arrangement I ordered. I will definitely be buying from them in the future!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Kate

Kate B · Married on 08/24/2019

Family business with amazing talent

Mickey and the entire Sedgefield floral team deserves so much more than 5 stars. I was IN LOVE with my flowers- they were so much better than I could have ever imagined. Sedgefield is so affordable and they are a family business- you truly feel cared for and I completely trusted them with flower choices. All positive experiences, and amazing flowers.

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Mary

Mary Catherine Haack · Married on 07/20/2019

Awesome experience with Sedgefield Florist!

Sedgefield florist was great to work with! They were very willing to work within our budget and make as many changes as we needed to accommodate what we wanted for our wedding. Our flowers were absolutely beautiful as well. I got so many compliments on my bridal bouquet. I would recommend Sedgefield florist to anyone based on their pricing and quality services.

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • I

Isabel · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful flowers and SO fun to work with!

We LOVED working with Sedgefield Florist for our wedding florals. From our first meeting, Mickey was kind, helpful, and so fun to talk to. He made excellent suggestions around budget (and his prices were SO reasonable) and had all the right ideas for which flowers to use based on my color palette. And when the time came to bring it all together, he and his daughter Jo executed it flawlessly. The bouquets were beautiful, the centerpieces were perfect, and the arch under which we got married was out of this world. We cannot recommend Mickey and Jo enough and would work with them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2019

Sedgefield Florist is the best!

Sedgefield Florist is simply incredible! They did all of the flowers for our wedding on June 8th and I couldn't have been more happy with how they turned out! I absolutely loved my bouquet and I loved how well the bridesmaids bouquets complemented it! The floral arrangements on the table were also stunning. We had so many compliments on the flowers.
    Mickey Atkinson, the owner, was such a joy to work with. He was the first florist that I met with. I booked him that day and cancelled my other appointments. He's professional, nice, honest, and easy to work with. In fact, after meeting him my husband (fiance at the time) and I asked him if he officiated wedding ceremonies. Unfortunately he does not, but that how much we liked him! When the forecast predicted rain on our wedding day, Mickey was flexible in coming up with a backup plan for our ceremony flowers. He was at the venue on our wedding day as soon as the doors opened to set up and came after the reception to retrieve some items that we rented. Everything was perfect and beautiful! I would highly recommend using Sedgefield florist to take care of all of your wedding flower needs!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Valerie · Married on 05/26/2019

Easy to work with and beautiful bouquets!

Mickey and the Sedgefield team were incredibly approachable and knowledgeable on hand picking flowers to match the type and color to compliment my wedding theme. They were able to modify selections and provide add ons as needed, just a couple of weeks before the wedding. The bouquets turned out perfect and Mickey hand delivered very timely. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you, Valerie! You were charming to work with, and we appreciate that you chose our family for your wedding florals. We are pleased that you were pleased! Mickey and Jo
  • Georgia

Georgia · Married on 04/14/2019

Amazing - couldn’t ask for better!

Mickey and Jo were wonderful, they brought my image to life and did so in a cost effective way. They are friendly, honest and budget friendly. I felt comfortable and they truly listen to your wants and needs. The day of everything went smoothly and my flowers just magically appeared ahead of time and were beautiful, super seamless experience!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Brittany · Married on 03/23/2019

Great florist!!

Mickey and his team were so wonderful to work with and did an amazing job with all our of floral arrangements for our wedding! He was so thorough and made sure that every detail was exactly the way I wanted it to be. He was totally flexible when we had a few changes leading up to the wedding as well. Additionally, I wanted a somewhat unique hanging floral arrangement to use as part of our "altar," which he had never done before, but he worked so hard to make sure it came out the way I wanted it, and it looked so beautiful (our guests went on about it as well!). I'd highly recommend them to any bride!!

Sent on 04/06/2019

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you, Brittany! We enjoyed the challenge, mostly because my daughter is so talented and undaunted by such opportunities, and my firefighter son-in-law enjoys ladders and knots. You were wonderful and organized to work with. Mickey, Jo, and Michael
  • Janine

Janine Kretzschmar · Married on 03/23/2019

Highly Recommend!

I highly recommend Mickey and his daughters at Sedgefield Florist. Their flower arrangements are absolutely gorgeous and are very affordable! Mickey is one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet! He is so easy to work with and does a great job at staying in touch throughout the wedding planning process, always making sure everyone is on the same page. The day of the wedding they showed up on time and did an amazing job decorating our reception space. I was speechless when I saw my bouquet and my bridesmaid's bouquets. I had given Mickey inspiration pictures and what they delivered looked way better than even those pictures! You can tell that they love what they do and do everything possible to ensure that you have your dream wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 04/14/2019

Janine,
    Thank YOU! Jo gets all the credit for creating your dream bouquet! You were wonderful to work with, and my family and I appreciate the opportunity you gave us to serve you. Jo, Mickey, and Michael
  • Rachel

Rachel Williams Starnes · Married on 12/29/2018

Sedgefield Florist is Amazing!!

Mickey and his two daughters are INCREDIBLE. Mickey is so personable and spends so much time with each bride to create their dream flowers. In my opinion, the most important aspect of a vendor is honesty. He was so honest and transparent, especially with my flower selection. I showed him a picture from pinterest of a certain flower and he kindly said "those are crazy expensive and fall apart in an hour. Here is another flower that is 10% the price and holds up but looks the exact same". That is the kind of person I want to work with in the wedding business when everyone is trying to squeeze money out of you just because it is your special day!! His daughters did a fantastic job creating the arrangements and bouquets. They were all a joy to work with. You can't go wrong with Sedgefield florists!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Washam · Married on 12/15/2018

Sedgefield Florist

Mickey and Jo were the most amazing team to work with. I met with Mickey a few times and described my vision- he took it and ran with it. They went above and beyond my expectations. When it was wedding day- Jo walked in and showed me her creations. BEAUTIFUL! I told Jo and Mickey my ideas but allowed them to make decisions on flowers and styles and I was not disappointed. Jo even asked the day of the wedding if she needed to recreate anything that I was not pleased with.
    My venue also required the room to be flipped. Mickey and Jo set up for the ceremony and stayed for the flip to make sure everything was executed with perfection.
    Putting flowers in this families hands was the easiest decision I made!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Sedgefield Florist's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! We appreciate that you put your trust in us to execute your vision. You were wonderful to work with! Mickey & Jo

Marisa · Married on 11/10/2018

Our wedding day Nov. 17

Mickey was amazing to work with. Meeting with him, he really went over each and every photo I showed him for inspiration. He showed up on my wedding day and did everything plus more than I could ever ask for. I walked into our reception and was floored. Our ceremony spot was AMAZING. I jumped up and down when I got to hold my bouquet for the first time since my bridals. It was so sad having to take it al down at the end of the night. I would highly reccomend these guys to make them the hilight of your day. They came and they served.

Sent on 11/19/2018