Secret Garden Event Center Reviews

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

Karley pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. My wedding was beautiful, the venue is amazing! But it is no thanks to the owners. As soon as I signed on the dotted line, the story changed multiple times. When I tried to address the changes, I was ignored by the owners and told they would contact me by Alexis for 2.5 weeks by the owners until I called to complain about the professionalism. I then received a letter in the mail telling me why my "demands" were not being met. I didn't have demands, I just wanted was promised to me! I could go on and on, but like Karley said, they are not worth my time. I loved the venue but had I known what a headache the owners were I would reconsider.
    I also had problems with finding things out weeks before my wedding and the day of!! I had already decided the bad owners were not going to ruin my wedding day, so I didn't let any of it bother me. It would have been nice to not have to deal with negative aspects on my wedding day!
    Also, the grass wasn't growing in November. Sorry, but its prime wedding season and everyone else can grow grass just fine! I paid a lot of money to have patches of dirt.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

I'm impressed with your ability to stay positive in the midst of a very stressful time. I know your wedding was almost a year ago, but I hope that you find some resolve in the new ownership of The Secret Garden. Chef Doug and Camille Brochu of the 5 star, Creative Hands Cuisine, have just purchased The Secret Garden and I know their attention to detail and extremely high level of professionalism will make a 180 degree change. Please come by sometime to see the amazing changes on the property and reminisce on your joyous day!
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 02/09/2014

0.4
      0.0
      0.5

In my opinion, this place was very shady... they recommended we book at the higher estimated number of guests and then, when we lowered our count, refused to provide compensation for the difference in pricing tiers, stating that they "don't give refunds, you can only add to your package". However, when you sign a contract stating you require services for 150 people, and you don't fulfill your end of the contract, why shouldn't we be provided compensation for the difference? (Especially when you told us so faithfully that you would price us at the most cost effective tier when we asked about our headcount possibly changing after the contract was signed). Was it a ploy to get us to sign a better deal? I don't understand why we had to pay them more money for a higher tier we didn't fill (it was just a ceremony, so they were just setting up less chairs for $500 more). I really don't consider it a "refund" since we didn't cancel our event or request full compensation, we just didn't want to get swindled. Upon questioning this devious little practice, they ignored our inquiries and emails, so responsiveness wasn't rated high; when someone DID manage to contact them, they threatened us with lawyers and parroted their “no refund policy." They also gave confidential/sensitive info to someone not on the contract. Quality of service wasn't rated high because they didn't attend to the needs of the wedding party during the actual event. Flexibility wasn't rated high because they were constantly rushing us since 1 - they had miraculously booked someone right behind us at our rehearsal (though they told us we had the latest time scheduled) and 2 - were rushing us in and out of the actual event so we wouldn't go over the time slot. So, I do NOT recommend this venue for people who want quality for their money... it might be a very beautiful venue, but it's just not worth it. Yelp reviews would have been helpful beforehand. If it's a MUST, book for 2 people & go from there.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

That certainly sounds like a frustrating experience. I wish we could go back in time and try again! Clearly, that's not an option but I hope that you find some resolve in the new ownership of The Secret Garden. Chef Doug and Camille Brochu of the 5 star, Creative Hands Cuisine, have just purchased The Secret Garden and I know their attention to detail and extremely high level of professionalism will make a 180 degree change. We wish you the best of luck in the future!