Secret Garden Event Center Reviews

102 | Phoenix, AZ

102 Reviews for Secret Garden Event Center

Diana · Married on 01/05/2013

This is such a beautiful venue. It is especially nice that you can work with vendors of your own choosing and still get amazing assistance from owners Dave and Nancy and their fabulous wedding coordinator, Alexis. She was invaluable to making sure that we thought of everything, and she made it all SO perfect!

The charm and comfort of this venue are incomparable!

Sent on 01/13/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Amanda and Mac's wedding was a complete joy to be apart of! They were all so appreciative of everything the Secret Garden had to offer and quite a joy to work with. Thank you Diana for the beautiful shout out and kind words. Please feel free to visit us!

Vivian · Married on 10/21/2012

My husband and I were married here on October 21, 2012 and we were both, EXTREMELY, happy with the service and quality provided. Dave (the owner) was great to work, the grounds were absolutely beautiful, the food was fantastic and our wedding day was flawless and without any issues.

Our guests all raved about what a beautiful venue The Secret Garden is. And we would highly recommend The Secret Garden.

Vivian and Brandon

Sent on 03/25/2013

Candice · Married on 10/07/2012

The Secret Garden was my dream venue and I had it all to myself for my special day. If you want a venue that is dripping with class, The Secret Garden is the place to be. The moment I went to see the venue I was blown away. I literally teared up when I saw the beautiful stairs that my dad and I would walk down as he gave me away. It was everything I wanted. It's a spacious property, yet is elegant and has an intimate setting. It was so elegant and classic. I knew the moment I saw it that this was my venue.

Then there was the amazing staff! Nancy, Dave & Alexis were outstanding. They made me, my husband and our families feel so special. They did everything to make sure the place looked outstanding and that my wedding would come off flawless and I have to say...IT WAS! The Secret Garden and the staff exceeding my expectations. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Van · Married on 02/25/2012

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this place and LOVE LOVE LOVE the owners and staff members. I got married a few years ago and fell in love with this venue. The 2nd reason why I went with this venue was because of the owners. After talking to them and seeing what great and caring people they were, we decided to go with them. My then fiancé and I went to about 15 venues before we booked this one. This was the first venue that we just KNEW and it didn't matter how much it cost. We knew we wanted it here. I love the fact that the entire VENUE is yours. You don't have to share it with anyone. I also had Jessica the wedding planner to work with. She kept in touch with me and did a great job the day of the wedding. She knew where and when to take charge. I love JESSICA! The day of the wedding Dave the owner gave us a wedding gift. He called the valet service for us and it was no charge to us. The guests loved the valet service. I felt like everything went smooth from the day we booked them until wedding day night. They also let us use the day before to come in and set up. Very accommodating.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Ragena · Married on 03/27/2011

My daughter's wedding was last weekend, and the Secret Garden helped to make it a beautiful memorable event. I can't thank Dave & Nancy, the owners, for all the help in making it so great. Both parents (Bride & Grooms) live out of state, which made it difficult for all of us, but they made it easy in every way from planning to the actual wedding day. We had a small wedding, but they treated us just as though we had 300 people. I would recommend this for anyone, no matter what size of wedding you may be having.

Sent on 03/29/2011

mayra · Married on 04/17/2010

The secret garden did such an amazing job. My husband and I were taken advantage of by another venue and had our wedding cancelled 3 weeks before the wedding. Of course I was a complete mess after hearing that our wedding that we had been planning for a year might not happen. We called the secret garden and explained our situation and they were so helpful in every way to put this wedding back together. I did not have to worry about a thing. Jessi the event coordinator is a complete professional. If something went wrong during the day of the wedding, I didn’t know about it because she handled everything. The owner Dave Mata would call us back immediately even if it was after hours or their off days. I can’t tell you how heartwarming it was to finally deal with professionals. Everyone was raving about how beautiful the venue was. I would 100% recommend them for your wedding.

Sent on 04/30/2010

Erin · Married on 03/19/2010

The Secret Garden and the entire staff were so great to work with!!! Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, but everyone was very friendly and helpful. Jessi made sure that every detail was covered, making our wedding absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change a thing as to how the day went. It was completely flawless. In addition, each vendor we worked with said "The Secret Garden is one of our favorite venues to work with." Each one of them loved the staff at the Secret Garden, making it that much more enjoyable to bring all of our details together. Our pictures were perfect due to the beautiful grounds, the venue was awesome, and the service we received was some of the best. I highly recommend the Secret Garden for a wedding. I wish I could relive that day over and over!!!

Sent on 06/10/2010

Christina · Married on 03/14/2010

The Secret Garden is so beautiful. We had our ceremony there and it was perfect. Jessi was so helpful and made sure that everything was just perfect. The two flights of stairs is so dramatic for the bride. I would definetly recommend the Secret Garden for a ceremony or reception.

Sent on 03/15/2010

Nicole · Married on 10/24/2009

I would highly recommend Secret Garden for your venue. Everyone there is so willing to help in any way they possibly can. We had some family members who tried to make things difficult on our wedding day, but the staff at Secret Garden stepped in and took care of everything and everyone. I was very pleased with all they did.

Sent on 11/10/2009
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/09/2008

The Secret Garden is a beautiful location for a wedding! The photos on their website don't really do it justice, I think. We received so many compliments on what a lovely outdoor wedding location we had. Before deciding on a ceremony and/or reception location I'd recommend attending one of their weekly open houses.

Kirsten, the wedding coordinator at the Secret Garden, is awesome! She responded quickly to all of my emails and phone calls, was thorough in asking questions about our ceremony details and walked everyone through the rehearsal. She was also very flexible in allowing our families and wedding party to arrive early to decorate and stay late for photographs (beyond the time we had contracted for). She always had a very positive attitude and was more than willing to help with anything that might need to be done.

Thank you Kirsten and the Secret Garden for making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 11/14/2008

Jenny · Married on 10/18/2008

This was the first place we looked when we got engaged and it was the last as well. It was love at first sight when we looked at the Secret Garden and it did not fail us! Kirsten the coordinator is the greatest! I didn't even have to plan my wedding. She did it for me! It was the easiest, least stressful thing ever! Kirsten was always quick to respond with questions and recommendations and I took her judgement which also worked out in our favor. The venue itself is beautiful and we loved that the only people there were our family and friends. No other events take place there while your wedding is happening. The grounds are beautiful and welll kept. We got so many compliments on the venue and everyone was very impressed with how well I "planned" my wedding. I had to tell them all that none of it would have been possible without the help of Kirsten. If you want a wedding that is really catered to you and what you want, go with the Secret Garden!!! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/23/2008

tami · Married on 10/12/2008

I planned this from out of state and they made it so easy. They ave various packages that meet various price ranges and they have selected vendors to choose from to make the wedding planning SO much easier! They have a wedding cooridinator to book everything and organized everything and she was GREAT. I loved them and without them I would have been a very lost bride!

Sent on 10/23/2008

Adam and Amanda · Married on 11/05/2015

After looking at several other venues, Amanda and I (Adam) decided to hold our wedding reception at the Secret Garden's Carriage House. We loved the atmosphere and quaint beauty it provided. Our 100 or so guests agreed that it was stunning! Maggie, Alexis, and the other Secret Garden staff--with detailed planning and a lot of hard work--made our night truly phenomenal. We simply cannot recommend the Secret Garden enough!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Adam and Amy were so nice to work with! They were madly in love, organized, and always excited when we met with them. Getting to be a part of their reception was an honor for us! They chose some great vendors who we also enjoyed getting to work with. Thank you for choosing Secret Garden!

Kate · Married on 03/17/2011

Our wedding was beautiful and the staff was extremely helpful! I have recommended this venue on multiple occasions.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Beth · Married on 11/10/2010

We loved the venue! Everything was perfect the day of the wedding. Jessi, the event planner at the Secret Garden, made sure everything was as-planned for the wedding day. We had some difficulty getting together and receiving information from the catering company, but this was not entirely his fault as our schedule is very difficult to work around.The only negative thing with the Secret Garden was dealing with their billing department.We had paid an extra amount for an additional hour and did not use the extra hour, now the billing department is trying to say that we arrived early therefore we exceeded our time frame and should not receive the money back. We were told that the time begins at ceremony time and I assure you we did not arrive when they state we did. (They were probably not even there at that time of day!) We are still working this issue as the wedding was only 3 business days ago and have not had time to work through all of the details. Please do not base your decision on this as they have been terrific in all other aspects of the wedding. Just beware that there could be issues regarding billing. I would have rated the Secret garden a 5 all the way around.

Sent on 11/15/2010

Kristen · Married on 03/21/2010

Our wedding was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G thanks to the Secret garden team! We couldnt have asked for a more beautiful venue. Everyone told us that our wedding was the best and most beautiful they have ever been to. You truly will not be disappointed by having your wedding here!!

Sent on 03/28/2010

Kaytlin Stevens · Married on 02/16/2019

Fantastic Venue!

We were very happy with our decision to have our wedding at The Secret Garden. The venue is well-organized and professional. I wanted a venue that would take some of the planning off my shoulders and that is exactly what got! I chose this venue for several reasons: 1) they include several vendors in their pricing (caterer, officiant, florist, baker, DJ). The vendors you have to choose from are all high quality, experienced, professional and wonderful, and it takes so much pressure off the bride having to research ALL the vendors out there to make a decision. 2) the wedding coordinator. Stepheny was our coordinator and she was fantastic. She has lots of experience coordinating weddings and was very helpful and responsive in the planning process. The day of she was on top of it all. I really had nothing to worry bout throughout the night and I credit much of my ability to be carefree and enjoy myself to her. 3) the food is fantastic. I had heard the food was great from others that had attended weddings here, and my guests were saying the same things throughout the night. 4) the entrance you get to make coming down their stairs is a dream! I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Kaytlin and Keith! It was our pleasure to share your amazing wedding day at our estate! The two of you are a stunning couple and we feel very honored you entrusted Secret Garden and Creative Hands Cuisine to orchestrate your wedding. Best Wishes Always!

Teresa · Married on 10/20/2017

We had our wedding here & the experience was amazing. The venue is gorgeous. Maggie & Monica are Rock Stars! The major things are all-inclusive and the food was unbelievable. Many of our guests were so impressed they are thinking of booking future business & personal events there. The views for pictures were breathtaking & the service was excellent. We would highly recommend this venue if you want an amazing & unforgettable event with ways to customize your experience.

Teresa & Keith

Sent on 11/12/2017

sarah · Married on 04/01/2017

Don't have to look any further than the Secret Garden. It was a beautiful setting and the staff was very accommodating. They made us feel like we were the most important event they had going this year. They were flexible with all of our requests and gave us great ideas as well. Food was fantastic and we loved the genuine caring of the staff.

Sent on 04/11/2017

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you Sarah for the sweetest review! It was so much fun planning the details with you and your mom! We absolutely loved how excited you were to have your wedding on April Fools! We wish you the happiest of future!

Sarabeth · Married on 04/09/2016

My husband and I could not have been happier with our choice for a wedding venue. The setting is gorgeous, the staff are amazing, and we had a picture perfect wedding day. We got so many compliments from guests about how beautiful the place is and how much they enjoyed the food. We loved that the food is made in house by the catering team led by Chef Doug, and the staff were wonderful in accommodating for our guests with different dietary needs. Alexis was our main point person throughout the process of planning our wedding and was so helpful, responded quickly in communications and answered all of the many questions we had. No detail was overlooked by the staff, and the day of the wedding we always had Alexis checking in on us to make sure everything was going ok and that we had all our needs met. Thank you so much to the Secret Garden for helping us make our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 04/23/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Sarabeth and Jeffrey were such a sincere couple to work for! We loved the opportunity of hosting their special day. They were extremely easy to work with and all of their friends and family were just as outgoing! Our catering team with Creative Hands Cuisine, loved prepping their fine cuisines. We look forward to staying in touch for more future events!

Shaunna · Married on 02/15/2015

The secret Garden was the last wedding venue we toured. After I saw the steps I would walk down as the bride I was sold. I loved the bridal suite and the grooms room and the fact that we could bring our own vendors especially the liquor. There are plenty of places you can take pictures and everyone just loved the venue. At night with the candles and fireplace going it creates the perfect ambiance. Alexis was amazing and answered all my questions in a timely manner. Maggie was on site the day of the wedding and she was great and kept everything flowing. The venue is centrally located and easily accessible no matter where you live in the valley. I am so glad I chose the Garden to have my wedding and I hope they open the restaurant soon so we can celebrate our one year wedding anniversary there next year :)

Taurus & Shaunna Cooper

Sent on 02/22/2015

We booked the Secret Garden two years in advance of my daughter's wedding snd we are so glad that we did! This place is enchanting and romantic beyond words. The owners are very proud of it and it shows in all the details. Alexis, their coordinator, is a treasure and worked very well with our wedding planner to ensure that everything was flawless.
    The day was, in the bride's words, magical. Every guest I spoke to remarked about the beauty of the venue. We had 200 guests but it felt inimate and special in that atmosphere. I'm sure Tori and Trevor will treasure the memories they created in their Secret Garden!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden had a pleasure working with this couple! It was fun being a part of the 2 year wedding planning journey. If Barbie and Ken were real, I would say Tori and Trevor are a fine example of their love. The two of them are truly a gorgeous couple and what makes them so beautiful is the love shared between them. The day of their wedding could not have been better! The guest seemed to really enjoy themselves, and the family was overly thankful. The venue absolutely loved working with Thee Wedding Warehouse. It was a special day for the venue's coordinator as well, getting the opportunity to reunite with the company she first interned for 5 years ago. We thank you for you sincere comments and wish Tori and Trevor a happy everlasting marriage!

Debbie · Married on 06/15/2013

We had our daughter's wedding here - We had just a little over 5 months from the day she got engaged until they were married, so I was nervous about finding a venue. We visited a lot of venues, but decided on the Secret Garden, because we liked the options available and we were very impressed with their professional, friendly staff. We worked with Alexis, who went out of her way to accommodate our needs and was always there to answer my questions. Our son-in-law was graduating from the Naval Academy at the end of May and had to report to the Naval base in Pensacola, Florida by the end of June, so we had a small window of time to work within. We loved the outdoor setting for the ceremony and being able to have the comfort of an indoor reception, for our June wedding.
    Our wedding celebration was beautiful!! We got so many compliments from our guests about how perfect they thought everything was and how much they enjoyed themselves! Truly, we heard these compliments echoed throughout the summer!! (It's not why we chose the Secret Garden - put I feel it's important to mention - out of a dozen + venues that we either visited, contacted by phone or e-mail, the Secret Garden is the only venue that offered a Military discount. Thank you for supporting our Military!)

Sent on 10/09/2013

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

From the very first few steps of working with this couple and their family to find their venue, to the day of their wedding, the time spent was nothing but sweet sincere exciting love! Elisa made a breath taking bride and Logan made one draw dropping groom in his white uniform! The two are beautiful together. The love between them and from all of their family was heartwarming. The Secret Garden enjoyed being a part of their special day and working with Meant2BeEvents!

Erin · Married on 02/14/2011

We were so happy with The Secret Garden. We went to an open house and met Nancy. We explained to her that we loved her venue, but we only had half the amount of people. They really helped us out and made us a great offer. I was working with Jessi up until the end when I was informed that she had taken time off to enjoy married life. We then dealt with another coordinator. She was very nice and flexible with our ideas. It seemed that they would do anything to make us happy.

Sent on 03/01/2011

Monica · Married on 11/13/2010

We had our ceremony & reception at The Secret Garden and it was perfect! It is such a private, beautiful and romantic location. From start to finish Jessi (the on-site wedding coordinator) was so helpful. she made sure all my vendors were on teh same page and touched base with each of them the week before to confirm arrival./set up times! All of our guests LOVED the location. I could not have asked for a more PERFECT location. It is a bit pricey but very much worth it.

Sent on 11/18/2010