89 Reviews for Secret Garden Event Center

Uncovered Outdoor (11)
Event Planning (10)
Linens (8)
Indoor (5)
All Inclusive Packages (3)
Outside Vendors (3)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Shuttle (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
89 Secret Garden Event Center Reviews

If I could give the Secret Garden, Creative Hands Cuisine, and their staffs 10 stars ...I most certainly would!!

From the first phone call, we knew we were in great hands. Maggie was tremendously helpful in setting up our tour, answering our initial questions, and securing our date. She is so knowledgeable and personable, and the Secret Garden is so beautiful that our choice for this venue was a no-brainer for my daughter’s night of a lifetime!!

Next came Monica, the Secret Garden's Coordinator/ Planner Extraordinaire. After booking the Secret Garden for our wedding, she sat with us to thoroughly tackle all details of my daughter's special day, so that nothing was missed or left to chance. She worked with us throughout the process and was there to navigate and guide us through my daughter’s big day ...she is absolutely amazing!!

The service at cocktail hour and at dinner was top notch and on point. Whenever I was ready for a passed Hors d'oeuvre, a Butler was there with one ...much like the Butler in Mr. Deeds!!

After Sarah helped us with planning everything bar related, Jimmy, the bartender, stepped in and was personable, helpful, funny, witty, talented, and kept our guests entertained while they were sampling his tasty libations.

...which brings me to the food... Words cannot describe how incredible the food is. Chef Doug (with his lovely wife Camille) created a mouth-watering menu for us that was out-of-this-world OUTSTANDING (including his famous, signature vanilla-basil lemonade), and Chef Layndon delivered the knockout punch from the kitchen that night for all our guests!! Everyone is still raving!!

We appreciate everything the Secret Garden and Creative Hands Cuisine did for us, and absolutely and whole-heartedly endorse and recommend them to make all engaged couple’s special day as memorable and magical as they made ours!!

Profile Picture Kirk, 3/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The venue is gorgeous - we did simple decor and it looked fantastic! We primarily chose it because we could provide the alcohol, which saved us some money, but even more then that Creative Hands food was amazing! Almost every guest complimented the food. And our coordinator Tareena was awesome, very accommodating and helpful! Totally recommend the venue.

Profile Picture Analisa, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Bartender(s), All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

We had our wedding at the Secret Garden on September 3rd. From the day that we went to the first open house and decided to book with them through the wedding day itself was a fantastic experience. They were quick to respond anytime we reached out with questions, especially as we got much closer to the wedding day which helped ease our stress. The entire team is so friendly and accommodating, I couldn't have asked for a better group to be there for us during planning. My husband and I are incredibly grateful for Monica and all of that she did for us throughout this process. We highly recommend this beautiful location for any event!

Profile Picture Kala, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Alcohol, Parking, All Inclusive Packages, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

This venue truly goes above and beyond for their brides. Throughout my year of planning, they were easy to reach and very attentive. I was hesitant when I heard that my original wedding planner was no longer working there - but Monica goes above and beyond. She did not miss a single detail. I truly appreciate everything she did for me. And thanks to her and the rest of the crew at SG, my wedding turned out perfect. I continue to receive compliments on my wedding venue & reception and how beautiful it all was. Thank you for making my dream come true!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/2/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such a gorgeous venue! Who knew this classic beauty existed?! We loved the classic feeling and look of the venue. Our fairytale theme fit perfectly with their grand staircase and lovely arch under a great big tree. The staff was so friendly and attentive to us and made our day run smoothly!

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely incredible! Our wedding day was the best day of our lives and we have the Secret Garden team to thank for that! Alexis and Maggie were a dream to work with. They are just the sweetest people and really know what they are doing. They responded to every question I had prior to the wedding in a very fast manor. And don't even get me started on the food!! The food was so delicious and make sure you do the private tasting before because it is such a one of a kind experience. Our pictures were so gorgeous because there are multiple locations to take pictures in and none of them looked the same. Have your wedding here, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture User7883042, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough positive things about the Secret Garden! Our wedding was on July 22, 2016, and I am still on cloud 9 :) We worked with Alexis throughout the entire planning process. She was so accommodating and quick to reply to emails, which made the wedding planning such a positive experience for us because we live in Copenhagen, Denmark and had never seen the venue in person. Before we chose the venue, Alexis took the time to have a FaceTime call with us to show us around the Secret Garden through the iPad. We were so pleased with how beautiful and vibrant the venue looked it was a no-brainer that it was the perfect place to host our special day. Once we decided on the Secret Garden, we were given a list of suggested vendors for flowers, DJ, photographer, etc. which made the planning a lot easier for us. Another cool thing the Secret Garden did for us was the food tasting. My husband went on a business trip to California, and was able to make a quick stop in Phoenix to see the Secret Garden. I am not sure if there was a food tasting scheduled for the day he went, but nevertheless, Alexis and Chef Doug (Creative Hands Cuisine) helped my husband pick a delicious menu. On the day of the wedding, Alexis was there helping with every single detail, so much so that my husband and I did not have to worry about anything. Even the liquor and decorations we brought to the venue were boxed up at the end of the night, so we didn't have to go running around collecting our belongings. In short, if what you are looking for is a beautiful venue that helps ease the stress of planning a wedding, serves great food, and puts on a great party, look no further. This is the place for you. I am hoping I cross paths with the Secret Garden in the future!

Profile Picture Eden, 7/22/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

We had our wedding at the Secret Garden on May 14th, 2016.
Secret Garden was the perfect venue for us! First off the owners are Camile and Chef Doug are amazing to work with. They made things easy, and really care about their Venue which makes you feel good! Also, Alexis the coordinator was fantastic. She was so organized and responded to every single question I had very quickly ( even at night or on her days off). When we had a small linen hiccup, Alexis quickly got everything taken care of and fixed it within the hour. She is very smart, calm and patient which is exactly what you want when planing such an important day. I had lots of special requests for the team, and they were very accommodating with all of them, and never made me feel bad about anything I asked. When we found out Creative hands cuisine was the catering option you HAD to go with we were nervous because we didn't know what to expect, but we were MORE than impressed with the food. We had so many compliments on how great the food was, and Chef Doug went above and beyond to work with my fiance on all the bar details. The venue was very well kept, and was even better than it looked when we first saw it. Additionally, we thought secret garden was a great value. The pictures do no do it justice, and we couldn't believe that it ended up being one of our favorite venues AND one of the best prices as well. If we had to do it all over again, we would still choose Secret Garden!

- Sincerely- " a Very particular Bride"

Profile Picture Vanessa, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I used this venue to host Pi Beta Phi at Arizona State University's Formal event. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff was very helpful throughout the whole process of planning and executing the event. The staff was present throughout the duration of the event to make sure everything was running smoothly. Since it was a sorority formal event we did not use this venue for a wedding, but I would 100% recommend this venue for any type of event.

Profile Picture Giulia, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Trying to choose the venue was difficult because there are so many good choices in the Phoenix area but Maggie stuck with us through the months of comparisons and was helpful leading up to the final decision. Our wedding was unique in that the groom had to plan much of the wedding and so Maggie was great in helping out with the vision, planning and details. Alexis took over the reins for the months leading up to the wedding and she was great in keeping us on track to avoid any last minute big decisions. The wedding day itself went great with lots of help from Maggie and her staff. The food was terrific, the people serving the food were nice and the venue was beautiful. For weeks after the big day, our friends and family continued to make comments on how great our wedding was. Thanks Maggie, Alexis and the rest of the Secret Garden for a memorable event!

Profile Picture User6512666, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning

We've had our eye on the secret garden for quite some time. Then when we walked in we knew exactly that we wanted this to be our venue of choice. Once we walked in Maggie greeted us with ease and politness. She was so interested in our relationship and our well being. She asked questions about our kids and about our love. She just made it real simple to talk to us and that was one of the traits we loved about her. She was always smiling and always happy in our conversations. So we ran numbers then we booked our day. It was so simple and there wasn't a haasle at all. Alexis, the day of coordinator played big role with our marriage event. She was always available to open up for us to see the venue and she was always walking us through our timeline to make sure everything was perfect. Our wedding party loved her and we are so glad to have her work our event. The secret garden is an amazing venue with beautiful scenery and luxurious environment. We've always loved this place since we laid our eyes on it. We couldn't ask for a better venue to have our wedding at. Once again Maggie and Alexis are the best at what they do and we wouldnt have been able to complete our event without them. The vila's would like to give a big "thank you" to the secret garden staff and venue for making our day happen for us. Maggie and Alexis deserve all the credit for everything they've done for us.

Profile Picture Devonne, 1/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect. The food was AMAZING. I got so many compliments from guests who were blown away by the food. Chef Doug is always open to creating a menu just for you. We wanted some Indian style veggies for our many vegetarian guests and he did such a great job. The venue itself is charming and beautiful. It was exactly what I was looking for. Alexis, our coordinator, made everything appear effortless though I know she worked so hard. Our wedding day couldn't have gone better! Perfection!

Profile Picture Kristen, 12/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Words cannot describe how pleased I am with my experience at The Secret Garden! EVERYTHING from the food to the people were top notch!
The venue is beautiful, they just recently did some construction on the grass so it is so beautiful and green all year long! My wedding in November was BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT WEATHER, clean grounds, and the landscaping made for amazing pictures!
From the beginning Maggie and Alexis were very helpful in choosing a package that fit the large amount of people that we wanted in the price range we were comfortable with.
Alexis was EXTREMELY on top of emails and communication. She had answers to all my questions quickly, she helped me a lot when I asked her opinion, and on the wedding day she was STELLAR! I know she busted her but making sure that every DIY project I had got put together! She also kept me updated during the day and didnt stress me out with too many decisions! During the planning she always made you feel like you were her main priority and did everything possible to make sure it was everything you wanted! She was simply everything I could've asked for in a Day of Coordinator, you would be very blessed to have her!

The Food- was SPECTACULAR! I know that usually when you go to weddings, especially with 200 guest, the food ends up being bland and very sub par. Also it usually is not as amazing as the tasting, definitely not the case here! Chef Doug was so fun at the tasting and assured me that everything would be hot fresh and delicious! he didnt lie! EVERYONE of my guest still to this day (2 months later) rave about how great the food was that night. Our food was brought to us first which was very helpful in making it to all 20 of our tables while everyone else was still enjoying!

Everything about my experience was great! Everytime I drive by this place I have the most amazing memories, thank you to ALL of the Secret Garden Crew!

- Love the Gammages ;)

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/20/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

My husband and I had such a beautiful wedding reception at the Secret Garden. Everything went smoothly thanks to Maggie and the Secret Garden staff. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful everything was; food, music, atmosphere. We would like to send a big thank you to the Secret Garden and their Staff for helping make our day special!

Profile Picture Miranda, 10/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding here went without a hitch, it couldn't have been more perfect. The guests couldn't stop talking about the food, the staff was extremely friendly and professional and they kept things moving in both the planning and execution stages. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and they handled every detail down to a T. Some of my guests are now looking at using this venue as their own.

Profile Picture Marisa, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I LOVED working with The Secret Garden. They were amazing! Cant wait to work with them again!

Profile Picture Alicia, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Secret Garden is a magical place! It has the vintage Spanish style home surrounded by a beautiful serene garden. It truly takes your breath away. We greatly appreciate all of the assistance in creating our dream wedding. It felt like family every time we stepped foot into the Secret Garden. It will be a place and memory we cherish for a lifetime. I HIGHLY recommend the Secret Garden...Thank you!

Profile Picture User4826181, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter was married at the Secret Garden on May 1, 2015. The Secret Garden is the most beautiful wedding venue even on a day when it hit 100 degrees. The grounds are gorgeous- the photo opportunities were endless. Alexis, our coordinator was awesome to work with and she attended to every need that anyone in the bridal party had. The owners are gracious and easy to work with and also attentive to your every need. They worked well with all our vendors and it truly was the perfect day for Lauren and David. The mansion was a great place for the bridal party to relax and get ready for the wedding. We had several people working on hair and make-up in the bride's rooms upstairs and there is plenty of space to do all that as well as relax and enjoy food and beverages too. The guys were in the den relaxing on leather couches and getting ready in style as well. That moment when your daughter walks down that grand staircase with her father in front of your family and friends is truly priceless. The reception room is perfect for a large or small party. All the details were appreciated and were noticed. Thank you Secret Garden for helping my daughter and her husband have a magical day!

Profile Picture Kathy, 5/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alexis and the Catering Team, Creative Hands, where outstanding! They where super flexible and always where available when needed. Our wedding night was outstanding and I would do it again in a heart beat! The facility looks so much better in person, it is a cute old home and reception all with upgraded details. I loved that it has a ceremony and reception location on site and that we didn't have to worry about transporting everyone to another location. The venue is beautiful that only small unique details where needed to make our wedding feel special.

The cost is right on the money with what you get. Try to go to the wedding expo when they are featured, they always offer special rates.

Profile Picture Natalie, 4/24/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We did an Alice in Wonderland theme this property in April is breathe taking! Everything is in full bloom and so green. The reception hall was the perfect place to dine and dance along with all our other activities!

Profile Picture ashley, 4/11/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Linens, Shuttle

This was the perfect venue for our wedding! Lots of places to take beautiful pictures. More than enough room for your wedding party to get ready! The ceremony and reception areas were the perfect backdrop for our wedding.

Profile Picture Trixie, 1/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Venue was beautiful. I loved that we got to bring in our own vendors!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Secret Garden Venue, and staff offers the most pristine and beautiful wedding venue anywhere! The gardens, candlelit patios and historical fairytale house makes for a wedding one dreams of since childhood. From the planning of the wedding to the intricate details of the ceremony and reception Camille, Doug and the entire staff at The Secret Garden go above any preconceived notions of how a wedding should flow. I could never have chosen a more beautiful place or more beautiful people to partake in my special day as a bride.

Camille, Doug and staff I thank you for all your hard work and heart for what you do!

Ed & Ashley J.
9/2014

Profile Picture ashley, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and reception at the secret garden and we loved it! Alexis, their event coordinator, is amazing. She was really good about returning phone calls and emails and answered any questions we had. She made sure everything went smoothly the day of, and took care of any issues that arose. The garden was beautiful and Alexis was amazing!

Profile Picture Kristie, 6/6/14, 8 Reviews