Secret Garden Event Center Reviews

Secret Garden Event Center 6
Secret Garden Event Center 7

Evelyn · Married on 02/09/2019

Enchantment and Ease of Planning

Secret Garden is becoming less secret, because this is the most enchanting place to get married in Phoenix. After looking at various other venues including hotels and resorts, I walked through a breezeway between two historic buildings and saw the gardens beyond. I knew immediately I found the right place to have this most important cerebration. We selected one of the Secret Garden packages that made planning our wedding very easy. The staff of Secret Garden delivered as promised. The property was magical, the dinner fabulous and the service so good, we were never aware of our glasses being filled or plates cleared as necessary. The DJ played to our selected tunes in a building perfect for an intimate dinner and dancing. Carina Inganamort, our venue director, helped coordinate all the pieces before the wedding and during the wedding was our shadow who made sure all the timing was flawless and it was. Secret Garden is worth a look for your wedding venue choice. Go there and you will be swept up in the magic.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Evelyn and Steve! Thank you so much for such wonderful compliments regarding Secret Garden, Creative Hands Cuisine and all your special vendors! It was truly our pleasure to host your big day at our estate and wish you all the best life has to offer!

Torin Dinh · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing venue, staff, and catering service!

We had such a wonderful wedding at this venue! 65 guests in total, had it on a Sunday, with ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors and reception indoors in the hall. Everyone loved the food (plated dinner with filet mignon and salmon), service, and bartenders. The entire staff was so attentive on the day of and made sure my wife and I were taken care of and that any request we made was handled within seconds. Carina was our venue coordinator and she did a great job! We hired an outside wedding coordinator both the coordinator and Carina worked well with each other! The DJ company they work with are fantastic and they have so many great wedding packages to choose from. The venue itself is gorgeous and does not feel like one of those cookie cutter venues or plain venues that requires a ton of decorations. You can choose to let the venue shine on its own or add your own touches here and there without breaking the bank. We definitely recommend this venue for anyone looking for a small or medium-large wedding!

Sent on 02/10/2019
    Secret Garden Event Center 15
    Secret Garden Event Center 16
    Secret Garden Event Center 17
    Secret Garden Event Center 18

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Torin! Thank you for such a wonderful review of your wedding at our estate! You and Christina are such a beautiful couple! We are thrilled to have been a part of such a fantastic wedding!

Christina · Married on 01/20/2019

Beautiful Venue

Our wedding at the Secret Garden was an absolute dream day. Everything went off without a hitch thanks to Carina Inganamort and our wedding planner Tina. Leading up to the wedding, we were able to have open lines of communication with them about every little question that popped into our heads at all hours of the day, and we would receive a response within the day. The staff at Secret Garden always went above and beyond and made sure we knew how special they wanted our day to be.

Added perks that may be of note for newly engaged couples: 1 - They have a monthly payment option so you don’t need to pay for the venue upfront (just a deposit to hold your date). 2- This venue looks like a beautiful mission in Southern California, but has Arizona pricing. 3 - The preferred vendors they use are GREAT. Everyone absolutely loved Brent from Starz DJs - he got so many compliments from our guests, and rightfully so! The in house catering from Creative Hands Cuisine was also a huge hit. 4- They were great about working with our budget from start to finish.

Overall, I highly recommend Secret Garden to any couple looking for a venue that is beautiful with some added touches, but enough of a blank slate to make your own stamp on your special day.

Sent on 02/20/2019

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Christina! From the entire team at Secret Garden and all our fabulous vendors-THANK YOU! For sharing your big day with all of us. It was truly wonderful seeing you and Torin tie the knot! Best always!
  • Gillian

Gillian · Married on 01/04/2019

Carina was everything we could have hoped for in a wedding coordinator!

Carina was absolutely indispensable. We were so fortunate to have her at the helm for the months leading up to the wedding and of course for the rehearsal and day of! My husband and I were in the somewhat unique position of booking Secret Garden years before for a wedding that fell through due to family circumstances, so we've been familiar with this venue for a long time (and thankful for the owner's flexibility in allowing us to rebook). Our eventual wedding date finally arrived and after years of anticipation and months of frenzied preparation and planning, everything went off without a hitch. We credit Carina with ensuring so many small details were attended to with precision and that everyone was relaxed and enjoying themselves. We received so many compliments from our guests as well as other wedding vendors about how organized the operation was and how smoothly everything was handled at every level. Having spent so long fantasizing about our "perfect" wedding (we've been together for over ten years) and all the personalized touches we hoped to incorporate, it was a joy to see our dream realized and to be surrounded by loved ones on the best day of our lives, knowing everything was under control. The experience was meaningful, intimate, fun and we never felt stressed out or overburdened. Guests loved being able to circulate between the patio, bar and fireplace area and the noisier ballroom over the course of the night. There was just the right amount of space for us to interact with everyone without feeling hemmed in. Above all, we cannot say enough nice things about Carina. She worked so hard and we are endlessly grateful for her efforts! You can really tell when you go through the process of planning a wedding who is actually invested in your event going well, and Carina was such a pro from start to finish -- radiating calm, quick to respond to questions and just a joy to work with every step of the way. She set my nerves at ease immediately and that sense of encouragement and support never wavered. All our friends and relatives who interacted with her adored her. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Secret Garden Event Center 19
    Secret Garden Event Center 20

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Gillian and Alex. We're so happy to see your long awaited wedding take place at Secret Garden. We so appreciate your kind words and are truly thrilled for your happy ending. Best of everything!

Mikaela · Married on 10/13/2018

Miraculous

It has not rained in Phoenix on October 13 for over 50 years. In 2018 it flooded the streets & everything in between. We were distraught about our outside wedding. The Secret Garden team moved the wedding in & with a miracle in the weather (rain stopped 1 hr before ceremony) moved EVERYTHING outside in 35 minutes! We had the most beautiful outside wedding!!! The bride descended down their beautiful staircase & they were wed under the sparkling tree as if it there were no glitches in the day. The reception went off beautifully and we can only have the most gratitude to the Secret Garden Team for making a wedding, that what could have been the biggest disappointment, be a beautiful memory. As one of the guests told us, "Your wedding was Epic!"

Sent on 12/28/2018

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Mikaela! Thank you so much for sharing your review of the Secret Garden! Some of the most amazing weddings happen on the most unpredictable weather days....I know your photographs will be unbelievable! You were spectacular!

Kirk · Married on 03/30/2018

If I could give the Secret Garden, Creative Hands Cuisine, and their staffs 10 stars ...I most certainly would!!

From the first phone call, we knew we were in great hands. Maggie was tremendously helpful in setting up our tour, answering our initial questions, and securing our date. She is so knowledgeable and personable, and the Secret Garden is so beautiful that our choice for this venue was a no-brainer for my daughter’s night of a lifetime!!

Next came Monica, the Secret Garden's Coordinator/ Planner Extraordinaire. After booking the Secret Garden for our wedding, she sat with us to thoroughly tackle all details of my daughter's special day, so that nothing was missed or left to chance. She worked with us throughout the process and was there to navigate and guide us through my daughter’s big day ...she is absolutely amazing!!

The service at cocktail hour and at dinner was top notch and on point. Whenever I was ready for a passed Hors d'oeuvre, a Butler was there with one ...much like the Butler in Mr. Deeds!!

After Sarah helped us with planning everything bar related, Jimmy, the bartender, stepped in and was personable, helpful, funny, witty, talented, and kept our guests entertained while they were sampling his tasty libations.

...which brings me to the food... Words cannot describe how incredible the food is. Chef Doug (with his lovely wife Camille) created a mouth-watering menu for us that was out-of-this-world OUTSTANDING (including his famous, signature vanilla-basil lemonade), and Chef Layndon delivered the knockout punch from the kitchen that night for all our guests!! Everyone is still raving!!

We appreciate everything the Secret Garden and Creative Hands Cuisine did for us, and absolutely and whole-heartedly endorse and recommend them to make all engaged couple’s special day as memorable and magical as they made ours!!

Sent on 04/24/2018
    Secret Garden Event Center 21

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Kirk, Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! Secret Garden always strives to deliver a fantastic wedding experience for all our brides and grooms and their family and friends!
  • Analisa

Analisa · Married on 10/27/2017

The venue is gorgeous - we did simple decor and it looked fantastic! We primarily chose it because we could provide the alcohol, which saved us some money, but even more then that Creative Hands food was amazing! Almost every guest complimented the food. And our coordinator Tareena was awesome, very accommodating and helpful! Totally recommend the venue.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Kala · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our wedding at the Secret Garden on September 3rd. From the day that we went to the first open house and decided to book with them through the wedding day itself was a fantastic experience. They were quick to respond anytime we reached out with questions, especially as we got much closer to the wedding day which helped ease our stress. The entire team is so friendly and accommodating, I couldn't have asked for a better group to be there for us during planning. My husband and I are incredibly grateful for Monica and all of that she did for us throughout this process. We highly recommend this beautiful location for any event!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/18/2017

We went to an open house here, and instantly fell in love with the venue. Everything about the Secret Garden is beautiful. They have different packages that can accommodate any couple, just depends on what your looking for. We also got to buy our own alcohol which was a plus, because other venues add it in and it can become pricey. They have a beautiful bridal suite (perfect for pictures) and a grooms suite, which was perfect for the guys to hangout and get ready. The catering was 5 star, we still get compliments about how amazing the food was. Monica, our coordinator, was quick to respond to every email, and was very accommodating to what we wanted our wedding day to look like. The day of the wedding was PERFECT. Monica is the best at what she does, she made sure we had everything we needed, that everyone was in their places, and that we were on schedule throughout the whole day. This staff were very friendly and provided great service. The secret garden is worth every penny!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review! We absolutely loved planning your wedding and still drool over how beautiful the pavilion looked with all of the draping and décor. It was truly a night to never forget! It was an honor to be a part of your special day.

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2016

This venue truly goes above and beyond for their brides. Throughout my year of planning, they were easy to reach and very attentive. I was hesitant when I heard that my original wedding planner was no longer working there - but Monica goes above and beyond. She did not miss a single detail. I truly appreciate everything she did for me. And thanks to her and the rest of the crew at SG, my wedding turned out perfect. I continue to receive compliments on my wedding venue & reception and how beautiful it all was. Thank you for making my dream come true!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Jenna · Married on 11/26/2016

Such a gorgeous venue! Who knew this classic beauty existed?! We loved the classic feeling and look of the venue. Our fairytale theme fit perfectly with their grand staircase and lovely arch under a great big tree. The staff was so friendly and attentive to us and made our day run smoothly!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

This venue is absolutely incredible! Our wedding day was the best day of our lives and we have the Secret Garden team to thank for that! Alexis and Maggie were a dream to work with. They are just the sweetest people and really know what they are doing. They responded to every question I had prior to the wedding in a very fast manor. And don't even get me started on the food!! The food was so delicious and make sure you do the private tasting before because it is such a one of a kind experience. Our pictures were so gorgeous because there are multiple locations to take pictures in and none of them looked the same. Have your wedding here, you will not regret it!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Eden · Married on 07/22/2016

I can't say enough positive things about the Secret Garden! Our wedding was on July 22, 2016, and I am still on cloud 9 :) We worked with Alexis throughout the entire planning process. She was so accommodating and quick to reply to emails, which made the wedding planning such a positive experience for us because we live in Copenhagen, Denmark and had never seen the venue in person. Before we chose the venue, Alexis took the time to have a FaceTime call with us to show us around the Secret Garden through the iPad. We were so pleased with how beautiful and vibrant the venue looked it was a no-brainer that it was the perfect place to host our special day. Once we decided on the Secret Garden, we were given a list of suggested vendors for flowers, DJ, photographer, etc. which made the planning a lot easier for us. Another cool thing the Secret Garden did for us was the food tasting. My husband went on a business trip to California, and was able to make a quick stop in Phoenix to see the Secret Garden. I am not sure if there was a food tasting scheduled for the day he went, but nevertheless, Alexis and Chef Doug (Creative Hands Cuisine) helped my husband pick a delicious menu. On the day of the wedding, Alexis was there helping with every single detail, so much so that my husband and I did not have to worry about anything. Even the liquor and decorations we brought to the venue were boxed up at the end of the night, so we didn't have to go running around collecting our belongings. In short, if what you are looking for is a beautiful venue that helps ease the stress of planning a wedding, serves great food, and puts on a great party, look no further. This is the place for you. I am hoping I cross paths with the Secret Garden in the future!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

From day one of talking with Eden and Martin over the phone and meeting with them seconds later through Facetime, it was an exciting journey planning their wedding! Thank goodness for technology these days :) We had fun coordinating meetings through Skype and are so proud to hear how everything turned out stress free for Eden and Martin! Whether you are hosting a wedding in state or out of state, or in Eden and Martin's case, out of the country, Secret Garden will make it an unforgettable wonderful experience! This Denmark couple will not be forgotten. They and their guests definitely know how to have a fun time and did not let the Arizona heat come in their way! Thank you for sharing your wedding day with us :)

Vanessa · Married on 05/14/2016

We had our wedding at the Secret Garden on May 14th, 2016.
    Secret Garden was the perfect venue for us! First off the owners are Camile and Chef Doug are amazing to work with. They made things easy, and really care about their Venue which makes you feel good! Also, Alexis the coordinator was fantastic. She was so organized and responded to every single question I had very quickly ( even at night or on her days off). When we had a small linen hiccup, Alexis quickly got everything taken care of and fixed it within the hour. She is very smart, calm and patient which is exactly what you want when planing such an important day. I had lots of special requests for the team, and they were very accommodating with all of them, and never made me feel bad about anything I asked. When we found out Creative hands cuisine was the catering option you HAD to go with we were nervous because we didn't know what to expect, but we were MORE than impressed with the food. We had so many compliments on how great the food was, and Chef Doug went above and beyond to work with my fiance on all the bar details. The venue was very well kept, and was even better than it looked when we first saw it. Additionally, we thought secret garden was a great value. The pictures do no do it justice, and we couldn't believe that it ended up being one of our favorite venues AND one of the best prices as well. If we had to do it all over again, we would still choose Secret Garden!

- Sincerely- " a Very particular Bride"

Sent on 05/22/2016

Vanessa and Darren,

Thank you for that AMAZING review you wrote! Words can't begin to express our gratitude for sharing all those positive words.

Our outstanding entire team work really hard to make sure everything is perfect for our brides and grooms and strive to exceed expectations. We care so much about our clients and when that is recognized and acknowledged it makes it all worth while.

You two are the reason we love what we do and we thank you so very much for sharing your most special day with us. We wish the two of you a happy life together! Please keep us in mind and visit again soon!

Giulia · Married on 04/15/2016

I used this venue to host Pi Beta Phi at Arizona State University's Formal event. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff was very helpful throughout the whole process of planning and executing the event. The staff was present throughout the duration of the event to make sure everything was running smoothly. Since it was a sorority formal event we did not use this venue for a wedding, but I would 100% recommend this venue for any type of event.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

We were so lucky to have had the opportunity to host this ASU event! The formal was so much fun for us to be a part of with over 300 students dancing the night a way to our inclusive DJ and enjoying the snacks and beverages supplied by our onsite caterer, Creative Hands Cuisine. The sorority was easy to work with, along with the professional services they provided including the buses for the students transportation, a photo booth, and security. We look forward to being a part of more events in the future!

Trying to choose the venue was difficult because there are so many good choices in the Phoenix area but Maggie stuck with us through the months of comparisons and was helpful leading up to the final decision. Our wedding was unique in that the groom had to plan much of the wedding and so Maggie was great in helping out with the vision, planning and details. Alexis took over the reins for the months leading up to the wedding and she was great in keeping us on track to avoid any last minute big decisions. The wedding day itself went great with lots of help from Maggie and her staff. The food was terrific, the people serving the food were nice and the venue was beautiful. For weeks after the big day, our friends and family continued to make comments on how great our wedding was. Thanks Maggie, Alexis and the rest of the Secret Garden for a memorable event!

Sent on 03/27/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute joy to be a part of your special day! Maggie, Alexis, and the rest of the Secret Garden Team were thrilled to help create such a memorable day for you. We wish you all the best as you embark in the journey of marriage!

Devonne · Married on 01/09/2016

We've had our eye on the secret garden for quite some time. Then when we walked in we knew exactly that we wanted this to be our venue of choice. Once we walked in Maggie greeted us with ease and politness. She was so interested in our relationship and our well being. She asked questions about our kids and about our love. She just made it real simple to talk to us and that was one of the traits we loved about her. She was always smiling and always happy in our conversations. So we ran numbers then we booked our day. It was so simple and there wasn't a haasle at all. Alexis, the day of coordinator played big role with our marriage event. She was always available to open up for us to see the venue and she was always walking us through our timeline to make sure everything was perfect. Our wedding party loved her and we are so glad to have her work our event. The secret garden is an amazing venue with beautiful scenery and luxurious environment. We've always loved this place since we laid our eyes on it. We couldn't ask for a better venue to have our wedding at. Once again Maggie and Alexis are the best at what they do and we wouldnt have been able to complete our event without them. The vila's would like to give a big "thank you" to the secret garden staff and venue for making our day happen for us. Maggie and Alexis deserve all the credit for everything they've done for us.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Maggie & Alexis, along with the entire team at Secret Garden, loved working with Jacob & Devonne! The two made a beautiful bride and groom, and we were so happy to watch their family wed! Thank you for your kind words and great expression. Come back and see us!

Kristen · Married on 12/05/2015

Everything was perfect. The food was AMAZING. I got so many compliments from guests who were blown away by the food. Chef Doug is always open to creating a menu just for you. We wanted some Indian style veggies for our many vegetarian guests and he did such a great job. The venue itself is charming and beautiful. It was exactly what I was looking for. Alexis, our coordinator, made everything appear effortless though I know she worked so hard. Our wedding day couldn't have gone better! Perfection!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

No wedding is the same! Call it customization if you wish, but we love to make everyone's special day personal! This was such a fun wedding getting to watch the Indian traditions, tasting the delicious food, and watching Kristen and Amanda's enjoy their day!

Hannah · Married on 11/20/2015

Words cannot describe how pleased I am with my experience at The Secret Garden! EVERYTHING from the food to the people were top notch!
    The venue is beautiful, they just recently did some construction on the grass so it is so beautiful and green all year long! My wedding in November was BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT WEATHER, clean grounds, and the landscaping made for amazing pictures!
    From the beginning Maggie and Alexis were very helpful in choosing a package that fit the large amount of people that we wanted in the price range we were comfortable with.
    Alexis was EXTREMELY on top of emails and communication. She had answers to all my questions quickly, she helped me a lot when I asked her opinion, and on the wedding day she was STELLAR! I know she busted her but making sure that every DIY project I had got put together! She also kept me updated during the day and didnt stress me out with too many decisions! During the planning she always made you feel like you were her main priority and did everything possible to make sure it was everything you wanted! She was simply everything I could've asked for in a Day of Coordinator, you would be very blessed to have her!

The Food- was SPECTACULAR! I know that usually when you go to weddings, especially with 200 guest, the food ends up being bland and very sub par. Also it usually is not as amazing as the tasting, definitely not the case here! Chef Doug was so fun at the tasting and assured me that everything would be hot fresh and delicious! he didnt lie! EVERYONE of my guest still to this day (2 months later) rave about how great the food was that night. Our food was brought to us first which was very helpful in making it to all 20 of our tables while everyone else was still enjoying!

Everything about my experience was great! Everytime I drive by this place I have the most amazing memories, thank you to ALL of the Secret Garden Crew!

- Love the Gammages ;)

Sent on 01/13/2016

Hannah and Tim,

THANK YOU so so much for the wonderful review! I love that you made sure to include everyone that was a part of your special day! The two of you were so much fun to work with and your friends and family helped make the evening so much more special. I can still hear them chanting "ASU....U of A"!!! Your wedding was one that will not be forgotten. We are happy to be neighbors and welcome you back over anytime; family pictures, another celebration, just to say hi, you know where to find us! Congratulations!

Miranda · Married on 10/22/2015

My husband and I had such a beautiful wedding reception at the Secret Garden. Everything went smoothly thanks to Maggie and the Secret Garden staff. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful everything was; food, music, atmosphere. We would like to send a big thank you to the Secret Garden and their Staff for helping make our day special!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

We had such a fun time working this beautiful wedding reception on a Thursday evening in our Carriage House! The vintage barn setting looked perfect, intimate, and romantic with an outdoor dinner under our beautiful lit Carob Tree. They danced and sang the night away! Thank you for celebrating with Secret Garden!

Marisa · Married on 10/11/2015

My wedding here went without a hitch, it couldn't have been more perfect. The guests couldn't stop talking about the food, the staff was extremely friendly and professional and they kept things moving in both the planning and execution stages. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and they handled every detail down to a T. Some of my guests are now looking at using this venue as their own.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Marisa and Izaac were a stunning Bride and Groom! Their friends and family helped set the ambiance in gorgeous attire. They had fun dancing the nigh away! We absolutely loved working with this couple. Thank you for choosing Secret Garden and letting us be a part of your special day!

Alicia · Married on 07/04/2015

I LOVED working with The Secret Garden. They were amazing! Cant wait to work with them again!

Sent on 09/17/2015

The Secret Garden is a magical place! It has the vintage Spanish style home surrounded by a beautiful serene garden. It truly takes your breath away. We greatly appreciate all of the assistance in creating our dream wedding. It felt like family every time we stepped foot into the Secret Garden. It will be a place and memory we cherish for a lifetime. I HIGHLY recommend the Secret Garden...Thank you!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your sincere words! We are truly appreciative of you selecting Secret Garden to host your special day. We loved your company!

Kathy · Married on 05/01/2015

My daughter was married at the Secret Garden on May 1, 2015. The Secret Garden is the most beautiful wedding venue even on a day when it hit 100 degrees. The grounds are gorgeous- the photo opportunities were endless. Alexis, our coordinator was awesome to work with and she attended to every need that anyone in the bridal party had. The owners are gracious and easy to work with and also attentive to your every need. They worked well with all our vendors and it truly was the perfect day for Lauren and David. The mansion was a great place for the bridal party to relax and get ready for the wedding. We had several people working on hair and make-up in the bride's rooms upstairs and there is plenty of space to do all that as well as relax and enjoy food and beverages too. The guys were in the den relaxing on leather couches and getting ready in style as well. That moment when your daughter walks down that grand staircase with her father in front of your family and friends is truly priceless. The reception room is perfect for a large or small party. All the details were appreciated and were noticed. Thank you Secret Garden for helping my daughter and her husband have a magical day!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you Kathy for your kind review! We truly appreciate you taking the time and writing your pleasant words. Lauren and David were so much fun to work with. We adored their outgoing personalities. They definitely knew how to host a beautiful ceremony & reception, not to mention thought of some creative signature drinks for the bar! We love getting to be a part of the experience when getting ready for the big day. It was fun seeing all the hair and makeup action going on upstairs and the calm guy time down stairs. Thank you for giving us this wonderful opportunity being a part of their special day!