Secret Garden Event Center Reviews

89 Reviews for Secret Garden Event Center

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

89 Secret Garden Event Center Reviews

Kirk · Married on 03/30/2018

If I could give the Secret Garden, Creative Hands Cuisine, and their staffs 10 stars ...I most certainly would!!

From the first phone call, we knew we were in great hands. Maggie was tremendously helpful in setting up our tour, answering our initial questions, and securing our date. She is so knowledgeable and personable, and the Secret Garden is so beautiful that our choice for this venue was a no-brainer for my daughter’s night of a lifetime!!

Next came Monica, the Secret Garden's Coordinator/ Planner Extraordinaire. After booking the Secret Garden for our wedding, she sat with us to thoroughly tackle all details of my daughter's special day, so that nothing was missed or left to chance. She worked with us throughout the process and was there to navigate and guide us through my daughter’s big day ...she is absolutely amazing!!

The service at cocktail hour and at dinner was top notch and on point. Whenever I was ready for a passed Hors d'oeuvre, a Butler was there with one ...much like the Butler in Mr. Deeds!!

After Sarah helped us with planning everything bar related, Jimmy, the bartender, stepped in and was personable, helpful, funny, witty, talented, and kept our guests entertained while they were sampling his tasty libations.

...which brings me to the food... Words cannot describe how incredible the food is. Chef Doug (with his lovely wife Camille) created a mouth-watering menu for us that was out-of-this-world OUTSTANDING (including his famous, signature vanilla-basil lemonade), and Chef Layndon delivered the knockout punch from the kitchen that night for all our guests!! Everyone is still raving!!

We appreciate everything the Secret Garden and Creative Hands Cuisine did for us, and absolutely and whole-heartedly endorse and recommend them to make all engaged couple’s special day as memorable and magical as they made ours!!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Secret Garden Event Center 1

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Kirk, Thank you so much for your kind words and compliments! Secret Garden always strives to deliver a fantastic wedding experience for all our brides and grooms and their family and friends!
  • Analisa

Analisa · Married on 10/27/2017

The venue is gorgeous - we did simple decor and it looked fantastic! We primarily chose it because we could provide the alcohol, which saved us some money, but even more then that Creative Hands food was amazing! Almost every guest complimented the food. And our coordinator Tareena was awesome, very accommodating and helpful! Totally recommend the venue.

Sarah · Married on 03/18/2017

We went to an open house here, and instantly fell in love with the venue. Everything about the Secret Garden is beautiful. They have different packages that can accommodate any couple, just depends on what your looking for. We also got to buy our own alcohol which was a plus, because other venues add it in and it can become pricey. They have a beautiful bridal suite (perfect for pictures) and a grooms suite, which was perfect for the guys to hangout and get ready. The catering was 5 star, we still get compliments about how amazing the food was. Monica, our coordinator, was quick to respond to every email, and was very accommodating to what we wanted our wedding day to look like. The day of the wedding was PERFECT. Monica is the best at what she does, she made sure we had everything we needed, that everyone was in their places, and that we were on schedule throughout the whole day. This staff were very friendly and provided great service. The secret garden is worth every penny!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the nice review! We absolutely loved planning your wedding and still drool over how beautiful the pavilion looked with all of the draping and décor. It was truly a night to never forget! It was an honor to be a part of your special day.

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2016

This venue truly goes above and beyond for their brides. Throughout my year of planning, they were easy to reach and very attentive. I was hesitant when I heard that my original wedding planner was no longer working there - but Monica goes above and beyond. She did not miss a single detail. I truly appreciate everything she did for me. And thanks to her and the rest of the crew at SG, my wedding turned out perfect. I continue to receive compliments on my wedding venue & reception and how beautiful it all was. Thank you for making my dream come true!

Jenna · Married on 11/26/2016

Such a gorgeous venue! Who knew this classic beauty existed?! We loved the classic feeling and look of the venue. Our fairytale theme fit perfectly with their grand staircase and lovely arch under a great big tree. The staff was so friendly and attentive to us and made our day run smoothly!

Kristin · Married on 10/15/2016

This venue is absolutely incredible! Our wedding day was the best day of our lives and we have the Secret Garden team to thank for that! Alexis and Maggie were a dream to work with. They are just the sweetest people and really know what they are doing. They responded to every question I had prior to the wedding in a very fast manor. And don't even get me started on the food!! The food was so delicious and make sure you do the private tasting before because it is such a one of a kind experience. Our pictures were so gorgeous because there are multiple locations to take pictures in and none of them looked the same. Have your wedding here, you will not regret it!

Eden · Married on 07/22/2016

I can't say enough positive things about the Secret Garden! Our wedding was on July 22, 2016, and I am still on cloud 9 :) We worked with Alexis throughout the entire planning process. She was so accommodating and quick to reply to emails, which made the wedding planning such a positive experience for us because we live in Copenhagen, Denmark and had never seen the venue in person. Before we chose the venue, Alexis took the time to have a FaceTime call with us to show us around the Secret Garden through the iPad. We were so pleased with how beautiful and vibrant the venue looked it was a no-brainer that it was the perfect place to host our special day. Once we decided on the Secret Garden, we were given a list of suggested vendors for flowers, DJ, photographer, etc. which made the planning a lot easier for us. Another cool thing the Secret Garden did for us was the food tasting. My husband went on a business trip to California, and was able to make a quick stop in Phoenix to see the Secret Garden. I am not sure if there was a food tasting scheduled for the day he went, but nevertheless, Alexis and Chef Doug (Creative Hands Cuisine) helped my husband pick a delicious menu. On the day of the wedding, Alexis was there helping with every single detail, so much so that my husband and I did not have to worry about anything. Even the liquor and decorations we brought to the venue were boxed up at the end of the night, so we didn't have to go running around collecting our belongings. In short, if what you are looking for is a beautiful venue that helps ease the stress of planning a wedding, serves great food, and puts on a great party, look no further. This is the place for you. I am hoping I cross paths with the Secret Garden in the future!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

From day one of talking with Eden and Martin over the phone and meeting with them seconds later through Facetime, it was an exciting journey planning their wedding! Thank goodness for technology these days :) We had fun coordinating meetings through Skype and are so proud to hear how everything turned out stress free for Eden and Martin! Whether you are hosting a wedding in state or out of state, or in Eden and Martin's case, out of the country, Secret Garden will make it an unforgettable wonderful experience! This Denmark couple will not be forgotten. They and their guests definitely know how to have a fun time and did not let the Arizona heat come in their way! Thank you for sharing your wedding day with us :)

Vanessa · Married on 05/14/2016

We had our wedding at the Secret Garden on May 14th, 2016.
    Secret Garden was the perfect venue for us! First off the owners are Camile and Chef Doug are amazing to work with. They made things easy, and really care about their Venue which makes you feel good! Also, Alexis the coordinator was fantastic. She was so organized and responded to every single question I had very quickly ( even at night or on her days off). When we had a small linen hiccup, Alexis quickly got everything taken care of and fixed it within the hour. She is very smart, calm and patient which is exactly what you want when planing such an important day. I had lots of special requests for the team, and they were very accommodating with all of them, and never made me feel bad about anything I asked. When we found out Creative hands cuisine was the catering option you HAD to go with we were nervous because we didn't know what to expect, but we were MORE than impressed with the food. We had so many compliments on how great the food was, and Chef Doug went above and beyond to work with my fiance on all the bar details. The venue was very well kept, and was even better than it looked when we first saw it. Additionally, we thought secret garden was a great value. The pictures do no do it justice, and we couldn't believe that it ended up being one of our favorite venues AND one of the best prices as well. If we had to do it all over again, we would still choose Secret Garden!

- Sincerely- " a Very particular Bride"

Sent on 05/22/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Vanessa and Darren, Thank you for that AMAZING review you wrote! Words can't begin to express our gratitude for sharing all those positive words. Our outstanding entire team work really hard to make sure everything is perfect for our brides and grooms and strive to exceed expectations. We care so much about our clients and when that is recognized and acknowledged it makes it all worth while. You two are the reason we love what we do and we thank you so very much for sharing your most special day with us. We wish the two of you a happy life together! Please keep us in mind and visit again soon!

Giulia · Married on 04/15/2016

I used this venue to host Pi Beta Phi at Arizona State University's Formal event. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff was very helpful throughout the whole process of planning and executing the event. The staff was present throughout the duration of the event to make sure everything was running smoothly. Since it was a sorority formal event we did not use this venue for a wedding, but I would 100% recommend this venue for any type of event.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

We were so lucky to have had the opportunity to host this ASU event! The formal was so much fun for us to be a part of with over 300 students dancing the night a way to our inclusive DJ and enjoying the snacks and beverages supplied by our onsite caterer, Creative Hands Cuisine. The sorority was easy to work with, along with the professional services they provided including the buses for the students transportation, a photo booth, and security. We look forward to being a part of more events in the future!

Trying to choose the venue was difficult because there are so many good choices in the Phoenix area but Maggie stuck with us through the months of comparisons and was helpful leading up to the final decision. Our wedding was unique in that the groom had to plan much of the wedding and so Maggie was great in helping out with the vision, planning and details. Alexis took over the reins for the months leading up to the wedding and she was great in keeping us on track to avoid any last minute big decisions. The wedding day itself went great with lots of help from Maggie and her staff. The food was terrific, the people serving the food were nice and the venue was beautiful. For weeks after the big day, our friends and family continued to make comments on how great our wedding was. Thanks Maggie, Alexis and the rest of the Secret Garden for a memorable event!

Sent on 03/27/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute joy to be a part of your special day! Maggie, Alexis, and the rest of the Secret Garden Team were thrilled to help create such a memorable day for you. We wish you all the best as you embark in the journey of marriage!

Devonne · Married on 01/09/2016

We've had our eye on the secret garden for quite some time. Then when we walked in we knew exactly that we wanted this to be our venue of choice. Once we walked in Maggie greeted us with ease and politness. She was so interested in our relationship and our well being. She asked questions about our kids and about our love. She just made it real simple to talk to us and that was one of the traits we loved about her. She was always smiling and always happy in our conversations. So we ran numbers then we booked our day. It was so simple and there wasn't a haasle at all. Alexis, the day of coordinator played big role with our marriage event. She was always available to open up for us to see the venue and she was always walking us through our timeline to make sure everything was perfect. Our wedding party loved her and we are so glad to have her work our event. The secret garden is an amazing venue with beautiful scenery and luxurious environment. We've always loved this place since we laid our eyes on it. We couldn't ask for a better venue to have our wedding at. Once again Maggie and Alexis are the best at what they do and we wouldnt have been able to complete our event without them. The vila's would like to give a big "thank you" to the secret garden staff and venue for making our day happen for us. Maggie and Alexis deserve all the credit for everything they've done for us.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Maggie & Alexis, along with the entire team at Secret Garden, loved working with Jacob & Devonne! The two made a beautiful bride and groom, and we were so happy to watch their family wed! Thank you for your kind words and great expression. Come back and see us!

Kristen · Married on 12/05/2015

Everything was perfect. The food was AMAZING. I got so many compliments from guests who were blown away by the food. Chef Doug is always open to creating a menu just for you. We wanted some Indian style veggies for our many vegetarian guests and he did such a great job. The venue itself is charming and beautiful. It was exactly what I was looking for. Alexis, our coordinator, made everything appear effortless though I know she worked so hard. Our wedding day couldn't have gone better! Perfection!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

No wedding is the same! Call it customization if you wish, but we love to make everyone's special day personal! This was such a fun wedding getting to watch the Indian traditions, tasting the delicious food, and watching Kristen and Amanda's enjoy their day!

Hannah · Married on 11/20/2015

Words cannot describe how pleased I am with my experience at The Secret Garden! EVERYTHING from the food to the people were top notch!
    The venue is beautiful, they just recently did some construction on the grass so it is so beautiful and green all year long! My wedding in November was BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT WEATHER, clean grounds, and the landscaping made for amazing pictures!
    From the beginning Maggie and Alexis were very helpful in choosing a package that fit the large amount of people that we wanted in the price range we were comfortable with.
    Alexis was EXTREMELY on top of emails and communication. She had answers to all my questions quickly, she helped me a lot when I asked her opinion, and on the wedding day she was STELLAR! I know she busted her but making sure that every DIY project I had got put together! She also kept me updated during the day and didnt stress me out with too many decisions! During the planning she always made you feel like you were her main priority and did everything possible to make sure it was everything you wanted! She was simply everything I could've asked for in a Day of Coordinator, you would be very blessed to have her!

The Food- was SPECTACULAR! I know that usually when you go to weddings, especially with 200 guest, the food ends up being bland and very sub par. Also it usually is not as amazing as the tasting, definitely not the case here! Chef Doug was so fun at the tasting and assured me that everything would be hot fresh and delicious! he didnt lie! EVERYONE of my guest still to this day (2 months later) rave about how great the food was that night. Our food was brought to us first which was very helpful in making it to all 20 of our tables while everyone else was still enjoying!

Everything about my experience was great! Everytime I drive by this place I have the most amazing memories, thank you to ALL of the Secret Garden Crew!

- Love the Gammages ;)

Sent on 01/13/2016

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Hannah and Tim, THANK YOU so so much for the wonderful review! I love that you made sure to include everyone that was a part of your special day! The two of you were so much fun to work with and your friends and family helped make the evening so much more special. I can still hear them chanting "ASU....U of A"!!! Your wedding was one that will not be forgotten. We are happy to be neighbors and welcome you back over anytime; family pictures, another celebration, just to say hi, you know where to find us! Congratulations!

Miranda · Married on 10/22/2015

My husband and I had such a beautiful wedding reception at the Secret Garden. Everything went smoothly thanks to Maggie and the Secret Garden staff. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful everything was; food, music, atmosphere. We would like to send a big thank you to the Secret Garden and their Staff for helping make our day special!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

We had such a fun time working this beautiful wedding reception on a Thursday evening in our Carriage House! The vintage barn setting looked perfect, intimate, and romantic with an outdoor dinner under our beautiful lit Carob Tree. They danced and sang the night away! Thank you for celebrating with Secret Garden!

Marisa · Married on 10/11/2015

My wedding here went without a hitch, it couldn't have been more perfect. The guests couldn't stop talking about the food, the staff was extremely friendly and professional and they kept things moving in both the planning and execution stages. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous and they handled every detail down to a T. Some of my guests are now looking at using this venue as their own.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Marisa and Izaac were a stunning Bride and Groom! Their friends and family helped set the ambiance in gorgeous attire. They had fun dancing the nigh away! We absolutely loved working with this couple. Thank you for choosing Secret Garden and letting us be a part of your special day!

Alicia · Married on 07/04/2015

I LOVED working with The Secret Garden. They were amazing! Cant wait to work with them again!

The Secret Garden is a magical place! It has the vintage Spanish style home surrounded by a beautiful serene garden. It truly takes your breath away. We greatly appreciate all of the assistance in creating our dream wedding. It felt like family every time we stepped foot into the Secret Garden. It will be a place and memory we cherish for a lifetime. I HIGHLY recommend the Secret Garden...Thank you!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you for your sincere words! We are truly appreciative of you selecting Secret Garden to host your special day. We loved your company!

Kathy · Married on 05/01/2015

My daughter was married at the Secret Garden on May 1, 2015. The Secret Garden is the most beautiful wedding venue even on a day when it hit 100 degrees. The grounds are gorgeous- the photo opportunities were endless. Alexis, our coordinator was awesome to work with and she attended to every need that anyone in the bridal party had. The owners are gracious and easy to work with and also attentive to your every need. They worked well with all our vendors and it truly was the perfect day for Lauren and David. The mansion was a great place for the bridal party to relax and get ready for the wedding. We had several people working on hair and make-up in the bride's rooms upstairs and there is plenty of space to do all that as well as relax and enjoy food and beverages too. The guys were in the den relaxing on leather couches and getting ready in style as well. That moment when your daughter walks down that grand staircase with her father in front of your family and friends is truly priceless. The reception room is perfect for a large or small party. All the details were appreciated and were noticed. Thank you Secret Garden for helping my daughter and her husband have a magical day!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you Kathy for your kind review! We truly appreciate you taking the time and writing your pleasant words. Lauren and David were so much fun to work with. We adored their outgoing personalities. They definitely knew how to host a beautiful ceremony & reception, not to mention thought of some creative signature drinks for the bar! We love getting to be a part of the experience when getting ready for the big day. It was fun seeing all the hair and makeup action going on upstairs and the calm guy time down stairs. Thank you for giving us this wonderful opportunity being a part of their special day!

Natalie · Married on 04/24/2015

Alexis and the Catering Team, Creative Hands, where outstanding! They where super flexible and always where available when needed. Our wedding night was outstanding and I would do it again in a heart beat! The facility looks so much better in person, it is a cute old home and reception all with upgraded details. I loved that it has a ceremony and reception location on site and that we didn't have to worry about transporting everyone to another location. The venue is beautiful that only small unique details where needed to make our wedding feel special.

The cost is right on the money with what you get. Try to go to the wedding expo when they are featured, they always offer special rates.

Sent on 05/08/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Natalie and Justin were an extreme pleasure to work with! We were lucky enough to not only host their wedding, but to also host their rehearsal dinner in our Carriage House (vintage barn). Although they chose the facility rental, allowing them to bring in all their own vendors, they continued to go through our onsite caterer, Creative Hands Cuisine. Our entire team enjoyed their company. Their Spring wedding was breathtaking, just like the gorgeous couple!

ashley · Married on 04/11/2015

We did an Alice in Wonderland theme this property in April is breathe taking! Everything is in full bloom and so green. The reception hall was the perfect place to dine and dance along with all our other activities!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Ashley and Michael's wedding was beyond cute with the Alice and Wonderland theme! For pictures you must check out our Facebook and look at their album! The April wedding had perfect weather and the bride and groom look gorgeous all dressed up! We loved working with a wedding that had a fun theme set to it!

Trixie · Married on 01/18/2015

This was the perfect venue for our wedding! Lots of places to take beautiful pictures. More than enough room for your wedding party to get ready! The ceremony and reception areas were the perfect backdrop for our wedding.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden is incomplete with beautiful couples like Matt and Trixie! The two were an absolute pleasure to work with and their eye for design was gorgeous and glamorous! Thank you for letting us be the backdrop to your wedding day!

Sara · Married on 10/25/2014

Venue was beautiful. I loved that we got to bring in our own vendors!

Sent on 01/01/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

The Secret Garden enjoys fitting the vision of everyone's wedding day! Whether you are looking for a package deal or wish to bring in outside vendors of your own, we welcome all those who visit the venue and help make it the best day of your life!

ashley · Married on 09/19/2014

The Secret Garden Venue, and staff offers the most pristine and beautiful wedding venue anywhere! The gardens, candlelit patios and historical fairytale house makes for a wedding one dreams of since childhood. From the planning of the wedding to the intricate details of the ceremony and reception Camille, Doug and the entire staff at The Secret Garden go above any preconceived notions of how a wedding should flow. I could never have chosen a more beautiful place or more beautiful people to partake in my special day as a bride.

Camille, Doug and staff I thank you for all your hard work and heart for what you do!

Ed & Ashley J.
    9/2014

Sent on 01/03/2015

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you Ed and Ashley for your kind feedback about the venue and team at Secret Garden! We are truly pleased to hear of how we helped make your fairy tale wedding come true. We wish the two of you nothing but the best and hope you are living happily ever after!

Kristie · Married on 06/06/2014

We had our wedding and reception at the secret garden and we loved it! Alexis, their event coordinator, is amazing. She was really good about returning phone calls and emails and answered any questions we had. She made sure everything went smoothly the day of, and took care of any issues that arose. The garden was beautiful and Alexis was amazing!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Secret Garden Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Kristie! You were a pleasure to work with and your wedding was gorgeous!