Seasons Catering Reviews

92 | Lexington, KY

92 Reviews for Seasons Catering

Seasons was great to work with. Lauren provided us with day of planning help, she was very responsive, easy to work with, and delivered at the highest level. Not to mention, the food was excellent.

Sent on 06/12/2016
  • User4582037 · event on: 11/27/2014

Seasons Catering provided our entire Thanksgiving dinner this year. Every item on the menus was outstanding, and the turkey was the juiciest we'd ever had! My house was full of guests. This was the perfect way to both host a large dinner and get to experience the family & fun at the same time! Thank you Seasons Catering! You can bet we will do this again!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2008

Seasons' Catering does an exceptional job on every event. They did both our rehearsal dinner and wedding beautifully. I did not have any problems at all with this company.

Sent on 10/26/2008
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 12/09/2017

We loved working with Season's, and the food was delicious! We had an open bar, so we wanted to make sure our guests were full of great food before the party started, and they were all very happy with the food! Thank you to Kellie and the Chef for working with us and our budget, and dealing with our many changes and questions. We will definitely recommend Season's to our friends in the future.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Seasons Catering's reply:

Congratulations to the both of you! We loved working with you too!!! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day. Thank you for your kindness and many wedding blessings to you and John Michael.

Diane · Married on 02/18/2017

Seasons Catering in Lexington KY did an outstanding job in catering and assisting with my daughter's wedding! When meeting with potential caterers, Kellie stood out as someone who knew what she was doing; a big plus as I live out of town and I knew this would be very helpful for me. Kellie was very welcoming and eager to work with us preparing for the special day. We were welcomed to a tasting in order to not only sample the delicious cuisine but to also see the immaculate kitchen where the food prep is done. Kellie never seemed tired of our emails back and forth as the big day drew near - and we had quite a few! She was always gracious, kind and helpful in her responses. The food was prepared on site, in their trucks with ovens, and I honestly didn't appreciate that fact until I saw and tasted how fresh and delicious the food was. We had quite a few young children attending and we were able to set up a kid buffet - which was placed on short little table - just perfect for the littles to get their own food! And Kellie took care of arranging all our rental equipment for the Lexington Livery, a place she had worked in before, and this too was a huge help. The night of the reception Kellie was there and took the time to make sure many of the details ran smoothly. All in all, I would highly recommend Kellie and her team at Seasons!

Sent on 02/23/2017

Very much enjoyed working with Lauren --- she kept us all in line!

Sent on 10/25/2015
  • Grace

Grace Thackston · Married on 06/15/2019

Easy to work with!

We had a great experience with Kellie from Seasons! She is personable, thoughtful, and professional. We changed the menu several times and she was very accommodating. Overall, the food was very good and the service was great! We had a brunch menu and especially enjoyed the biscuits and gravy and the cinnamon puffs...Kellie if you are reading this, please send more cinnamon puffs.

Sent on 07/05/2019

Seasons Catering's reply:

Hello Grace! I would love you get you a tray of the cinnamon puffs! Aren't they simply delicious? Thank you so much for your kind words. You were so gracious to work with and I adore your mom. She is so organized and "on point". I love that! Happy wedding wishes to the both of you. I heard nothing but great compliments and happy thoughts all around!

Dana · event on: 11/01/2017

very responsive and helpful staff. very courteous and prompt with catering delivery

Sent on 11/03/2017

Suzanne · Married on 05/14/2016

Seasons Catering was so wonderful to work with throughout the wedding planning process. Our point of contact, Lauren, was always friendly, professional and responsive. We hired Lauren as our day-of-coordinator which was one of our best decisions for the wedding! She coordinated not only the food but also all of our rentals (furniture, linens) and our other vendors (the DJ, flowers, and band). She made it possible for us to enjoy our wedding day instead of worrying about the details. She even got us food when we were too busy talking to all of our guests to get it ourselves! The food was a total hit with our guests- everyone commented on how delicious everything was. Season was also flexible on the bar situation. We had decided to provide our own liquor, wine and mixers and we were able to do that while using Seasons experienced bartenders and bar tools. This was an extremely helpful and much-appreciated option for a wedding on a budget. Seasons was the best choice for good food, reasonable prices and the day-of-coordinator option was a lifesaver. I could not more highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Seasons Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Suzanne! We really appreciate it and we loved being a part of your wedding day. Lauren is a gem for sure. We wish you a lifetime of happiness! Maybe we can cater your anniversaries in years to come?

Allen · event on: 11/27/2014

A thank you to the Seasons Catering establishment for making our Thanksgiving 2014 meal one for true thankfulness! The ease and organization of everything took the pressure off of my wife and I. Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie were amazing! My sister in law is now a huge fan of your corn bread stuffing. Again, thank you for a tasty meal and making us look good for our out of town guests. We also ordered a Brie Cheese which hit a home run with everyone! Looking forward to ordering our Christmas Dinner with Seasons!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Joelle · Married on 03/24/2012

Seasons did a good job wit our food. The Chicken salad was a hit! My wedding cake was not only beautiful , but it was delicious.

Sent on 04/25/2012
  • User7512477 · event on: 12/16/2016

3.5

Seasons has impeccable service. They have 5 star staff who are always friendly and professional. There food is delicious, and always at correct temperatures. If there are ever any problems (which usually aren't) they are quick to correct their mistakes. The meal we ordered this year we felt could have been a bit better according to the high quality we've always received from Season's, but overall it was good and we enjoyed our meal. I would recommend you use them for your holiday parties, office lunches or parties. The service is always great. Thanks.

Sent on 12/21/2016

3.8
      3.5

Seasons was easy to work with as far as communication and setting up meetings after hours. The food was good at our wedding reception but the chicken dish served was nothing like the one we sampled at the tasting a few months before.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/11/2009

2.6
      3.0
      2.5

More organization would have been great, but overall Seasons did a good job. Food was delicious but there were details that weren't addressed as we would have liked. Caterer was wearing a t-shirt and shorts with a cooler blocking the entrance to reception site as guests started to arrive. LOTS of confusion about the small things.

Sent on 08/05/2009

1.4
      3.0
      1.5
      1.0

My husband and I were married in the Red River Gorge in Kentucky, a beautiful, yet remote area in which our catering options were relatively limited. I chose this company because they were willing to make the 45 minute drive to the Gorge from Lexington.

The first person I worked with (for several months), Linda, happened to leave this company just a couple months prior to the wedding. I felt that it wouldn't be that much of an issue, but much was lost in translation. No one really formally took the reigns of our event after her departure. I didn't realize I should have called the catering company again and start from scratch after she left.

This company catered both the rehearsal dinner and the reception dinner. The rehearsal dinner was sort of an informal, down-home fried chicken affair. For the most part, the food was really good. Not great, but for catering, really good. Until I started hearing of people biting into extremely underdone fried chicken. I was appalled. Then there was the slight issue that they arrive AN HOUR AND A HALF late to the event, which is unacceptable.

The reception was another issue altogether. The food was mediocre, this time, and it was relatively pricey for the region. The catering staff completely forgot to bring non-alcoholic drinks altogether. Rather than offering to go procure some, my own brother had to go do this and was absent from the reception for close to an hour. On the contract, they were supposed to cut the cake, and they passed the cake knife to my sister. It was embarrassing. Then there was the "free ice sculpture" that my Mom insisted I get. It was completely vague as to what it was supposed to be. We decided in the end that it was a pineapple. The staff was rude. Whoever was in charge decided to bring way too many catering staff along, even though there were only 100 guests.

If I did it over again, I would have gone with the BBQ joint down the road.

Sent on 04/05/2014

Barb · Married on 06/22/2013

1.2
      1.5
      1.0

My sister used this caterer for her June 2013 wedding. I was the matron of honor. My parents footed the bill for the catering services. I am leaving feedback on our family's behalf.

The food was good, however, the service provided really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You decide which of the following service blunders takes the cake:

1. The caterers didn't bring the coffee/tea/decaf/lemonade, etc that was contracted to be at the reception site. When the on-site representative was made aware of this situation, she said we didn't order these items. When the executed contract was presented to the on-site person with the items included, we were informed that there was nothing they could do about it at that point. The family of the bride had to scramble - actually leave the festivities and find somewhere to go buy enough beverages for about 130 people.

2. The same on-site representative handed me (the maid of honor) the cake knife to cut my sister's wedding cake. She first time she handed it to me, she dropped it on the floor, rinsed it off in the sink, and gave it back to me. I have never cut a wedding cake in my life. Another contracted item that was a major failure. Especially when I went back into the kitchen area and saw most of the caterer people sitting down eating dinner.

I will let my brother-in-law's family tell you about the rehearsal dinner this catering company was contracted to do the night before the wedding. Another series of inexcusable issues: an hour and a half late for dinner service, raw chicken served to the guests, etc.

And the caterer said it was all due to the fact that we didn't have a wedding planner and they had some staff changes. Wow.

Sent on 11/12/2013

0.8
      0.0
      0.0
      2.0

My fiancé and I attended several bridal shows for seasons and fell in love with their food and professionalism. After beginning the initial planning I naturally sought after them for hire because the food quality stands leaps and bounds above the rest. Little did I know how much of a nightmare I was in for with trying to actually hire them. I cannot offer any reviews on their actual service because I was given none. I reached out to Kellie MULTIPLE times. The first time we set up a day for tastings she didn't even write it down and my fiancé and I drove 60 miles for nothing. Shortly after we decided to postpone the wedding an extra year and it was only in May that I reached back out to Kellie yet again. (I should have taken the hint the first time). To put it lightly they are seriously not interested in my business. Via email I requested pricing for a menu I designed based on their website, it took her two weeks and one reminder email from me to get the pricing. Two weeks for ONE number. Then I decided I would rather have it buffet style instead of plating and requested that number as well as a traveling fee over the phone. I waited three weeks with not a single word from her for one simple question she should have gotten to me about in 24-48 hours. As a last effort I sent a reminder to her exactly a week ago today for her to reply to to inform me that she hadn't been at her desk and would have it to be no latter than last Friday (July 12) It is now July 16 and since she has made no effort to contact me my fiancé and I have chosen to take our $7,000 budget for catering elsewhere. I'm usually not one to leave reviews or get so angry but she has wasted two months of valuable planning time for my wedding and given me nothing but a runaround. I will be telling all of my friends and family to run in the opposite direction.

Sent on 07/16/2013