Searles Castle at Windham Reviews

Searles Castle at Windham 6
Searles Castle at Windham 7
  • Shawn

Shawn L Hersey · Getting married on 10/15/2020

Saying They're 10 Star Isn't Enough Stars!

Shaun has been beyond amazing to work with. He is very quick to reply to an email (and I send 1 every time I have a question!!). We've been able to take several tours of the castle and enjoy a menu tasting. I HIGHLY recommend Searles Castle to anyone. Not only is it a castle (which is special in itself), you're treated as if you're royalty by the staff. They've been beyond outstanding - worthy of a 10 star review, but earning 100 stars.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Garima · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect venue for a fairy tale wedding

We chose to go with Searles based on our wedding planner's recommendation, and we are so glad we chose it for our big day.
    Decor:
    The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, from the castle to the tent. The tent is already decorated and the decorations are included in the base price for the wedding (compared to another venue that was charging $500 to keep 5 strings of lights that were already up). The castle is lovely for taking pictures, including a turret where you can throw your bouquet.
    Catering:
    My husband and I are foodies, and the food at Searles was one of the reasons our planner suggested the venue. They accommodated our request to incorporate Nepali dishes for dinner and apps. Everyone raved about how good the food was!
    Service:
    We worked with Shawn throughout the process, and he was absolutely wonderful to work with. He took care of us during the day of the wedding, making sure we had drinks and food as we waited. He also made sure to keep an eye on the satellite images and found the perfect pocket for our outdoor ceremony to take place in the midst of a giant thunderstorm.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Normington · Married on 06/29/2019

Searles Castle in Windham NH

Beautiful venue for the perfect wedding. Just stop looking now and book it, they won't disappoint you.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Deirdre Prete · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Experience!!

I cannot say enough great things about Searles Castle!! We got married on 5/4 and the wedding was fantastic! Shaun and Scott are amazing to work with- they walked us through the process (I am not a wedding person AT ALL so I really was clueless) They answered all of my questions and were extremely responsive any time I emailed with yet another question! At no time did they make me feel like like I was bothering them or being demanding, which I appreciate!
    The day of they had everything set up in the bridal room, brought us champagne & water, and were there to walk us through every step. One of their wives (my apologies- the day was a blur and I’m forgetting her name) helped us coordinate timing for going down the aisle, and even helped my mother with bustling my dress!
    Service is fantastic here- you never wait for anything and everyone is extremely friendly and professional- all my guests raved about the food- loved both the cocktail hour and dinner.
    Scott approached me towards the end of the night to see if we wanted to extend the evening a bit and of course we did- everyone was having so much fun! He coordinated with the DJ so I didn’t have to do anything. He also coordinated with us shuttle buses and made sure to have them wait for my mother and I to get changed first and then head to the hotel.
    The next day we returned to the castle to pick up or decorations and flowers, etc.. and they had everything packed up and ready to go.
    Our guests raved about the place- if you want a unique setting and top notch service, this is definitely the place to be!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Kristina

Kristina Ryaboy · Married on 04/27/2019

The perfect venue and most amazing staff

Cant say enough good things about this gorgeous Venue and the amazing folks who work there. Shaun was so kind and professional for the entire process. He absolutely went above and beyond to help make my day absolutely special and perfect. The venue speaks for itself. Is is stunning and even girls Fairytale dream venue. The head chef was incredible kind and accommodating. I am a vegetarian and he nearly insisted I allow him to make a custom dish for me. I loved the existing menu dishes so much I didn't even need to. The staff here are really what makes this the best venue to get married at. If you are on the fence in the venue, please just book. You will not regret it !

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Searles Castle at Windham 14
  • Vicki

Vicki Pina · Married on 01/02/2019

Absolutely PERFECT!!!

My husband and I just had our wedding here two days ago and I wish I could give this place 100 stars. They are simply amazing. If you’re considering doing your wedding with this venue, DO IT. Seriously! Book it now! Booking Searles Castle was the best decision we made during our entire wedding planning process. I’m not exaggerating when I say that a lot of things went wrong with other vendors. But talking ro Shaun the night before my wedding calmed all my nerves and I KNEW everything would be handled without any glitches. The customer service is just better than any I’ve ever had! I am so so so happy! Thank you Searles Castle! I will keep recommending you over and over and over again!! The venue is just gorgeous. But the best part is the staff! You gave me the wedding I always dreamed of (and more!!)

-Victoria Beider (now Pina :) )

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Searles Castle at Windham 15
    Searles Castle at Windham 16
    Searles Castle at Windham 17
    Searles Castle at Windham 18

Kathy · Married on 12/08/2018

Excellent venue - great experience!

This was the perfect venue for our wedding. We had 25 people so it was an intimate indoor event. Shaun and Scott made sure everything went off perfectly. The food was exceptional and very much enjoyed by all - even the 3 little kids! I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2018

I absolutely loved every minute working with Scott and Shaun at the castle! They took care of every little detail, I was so confident and relaxed leaving everything with them before the wedding. And the day of went better than I could’ve imagined! Thank you!!

Sent on 08/11/2018
    Searles Castle at Windham 19
    Searles Castle at Windham 20
    Searles Castle at Windham 21
    Searles Castle at Windham 22
    Searles Castle at Windham 23

Katelyn · Married on 06/22/2018

We could not have asked for a better place to get married. We had both the ceremony and reception at the castle and the day was perfect. Scott and Sean helped us through every step answering emails throughout planning, running the rehearsal, and being there day of to coordinate everything. We were able to not only have the day we wanted but also have a stress free day. The castle is so beautiful inside and around the grounds. Scott coordinated with the photographer to know when to bring the limo up to bring us around the grounds. The food was amazing, they set up everything exactly how I wanted and packed everything up for us at the end of the night. If you want a beautiful venue that has great food and guarantees a great and stress free time, pick Searles castle!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Silvia · Married on 06/03/2018

We had our wedding at Searles Castle in June of 2018 and it was a fairy tale come true! From the beginning, everyone was so helpful especially Shaun to answer all of my emails and present all of the information we needed to select the best options for our wedding day. That man definitely has patience because I probably emailed him at least 1-2 times a week for 14 months! Closer to the wedding day, Scott was very nice and helpful with everything surrounding the budget. I was mostly impressed the day of the rehearsal when we brought close to 30 boxes of decorations and Scott was able to capture my image exactly of how I wanted everything set up, and the day of the wedding everything was organized and decorated just like I explained to them. On our wedding day, Scott and his wife helped us so much with the timeline and order of events. Anything we needed, they were there to do it for us. My family and I along with our wedding party really appreciated having our own waiter during the cocktail hour, as well as the head table had their own waiter for any drinks we would like to have; that was definitely a very nice touch and very appreciated. Finally, the next day when I went to go back to pick up all of the boxes of decorations, everything was organized again for us ready to go. I have never met more organized people! Overall, Searles Castle is such a beautiful venue if you’re looking for that fairy tale royal wedding. Plus that tower! It was the highlight of my life to be able to throw my bouquet from the top of the tower! I really felt like a princess there! The people that work at Searles Castle are incredible and so helpful and kind, and also the food was amazing. I know that my guests will remember this day for the rest of their lives!

Sent on 06/20/2018
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 10/05/2017

Our experience at Searles was just perfection. We had looked at quite a few venues, and while they were all beautiful, they all lacked that right feel for what we wanted. We also weren't crazy about the sales pitch that every place handed us. Shaun at Searles was amazing. He has a very calm vibe, and he's very straightforward with what they offer, what they can do, and what it may cost. No fees were hidden, and they didn't nickle & dime you on every little thing. Everyone was friendly and accommodating, and very relaxed about letting us come by if no event was happening to see the venue as often as we needed to. The day off went off perfectly & every single member of the staff went above and beyond. Plus, the location is just - wow! We had SO many compliments from our guests about **everything**. I think my favorite might have been my aunt, who told my mother, sotto voce, "I got the haddock. Usually haddock at a wedding is ehhhhhhh, but this is so good!"

The total we spent looks high, but remember that it came with a day-of coordinator in Scott & Shaun, table linens, chairs for the ceremony and the reception, the ceremony itself, the food & the DJ was included as part of a bundle offered. We got married on a Thursday to save some costs.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Searles to any prospective couple.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Judy · Married on 09/09/2017

We had my sons wedding here this past weekend and I can't say enough great things about this venue, the food, the professionalism of Scott and Allie. They were easy to work with, always a step if heaf of what we needed, anything we may have over looked they were right there to fulfill our needs. The detail they put into this wedding was beyond any and all our expectations!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Jaime · Married on 08/24/2017

We were married at Searles Castle on August 24, 2017, and our wedding day was nothing short of the fairytale we had envisioned. I am 100% honest when I say the planning process with Searles was 100% stress-free. All of our emails were answered in a timely manner, and no request or question was ignored or brushed aside. The staff is top notch and goes above and beyond to make sure no detail is left out or unnoticed. We cannot say enough positive things about Searles and their staff. We wish we could relive our wedding day over and over again...it was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Josceline · Married on 08/19/2017

Less than 2,000 characters?! We couldn't have picked a better place for our wedding than Searles Castle. My husband loved the tent and I felt the castle was a perfect blend of fairy tale and Harry Potter! The Searles team worked with us diligently through the whole planning process, answering all of my numerous emails with full, detailed responses. They were so flexible through everything, allowing us to add twinkle lights to the tent, decide if we wanted outdoor vs indoor at the last minute, etc. The true amazingness of the team didn't come to light, however, until the big day. From the beginning, Scott instilled a sense of calm in both myself and my now husband. He was always available to us through everything, but especially on the big day. Shaun was incredible as well - always so attentive and making sure we had everything we needed, that everyone was in the right place at the right time, etc. And Aly, well she saved the day! We had a donut tower that we ordered from Klemm's Bakery to go on a beautiful tiered stand and Klemm's was to stack the donuts into towers. However, they just tossed the donuts onto the tower in an incredibly sloppy way and I was pretty upset about it – you want everything to look nice! Aly stepped in and told us not to worry, put on some gloves and rearranged the whole thing into the beauty you see below! Further examples of how they went out of their way: my husband is sober and pretty much only drinks Red Bull. We mentioned this to Scott and Shaun and they made a point to have a huge amount of Red Bull set aside for him alone. My father-in-law wanted a specific brand of wine and Searles made it happen. 92 year old Nana wanted to walk down the aisle and sit in a normal seat like everyone else, but she needs a chair with arms, so Scott and Shaun pulled out a beautiful throne-like chair which was just perfect for Nana! The food was delicious, the added hour was perfect, the staff was all so attentive, friendly and happy! We couldn't ha

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Searles Castle at Windham 31
    Searles Castle at Windham 32
    Searles Castle at Windham 33

Susanna · Married on 06/21/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Searles Castle. They went above and beyond to help us. Sean is phenomenal. Hands down the best. Everything went perfectly because of him. He is kind, professional, thorough, helpful, and has a terrific sense of humor. Working with him made planning much easier.
    My mom died two years ago to cancer, and I wanted to do a memorial video for her to play at the reception. They allowed me to come up and film in and on the castle grounds.
    I highly, highly recommend Searles Castle. You will not be disappointed in any fashion.

Sent on 06/24/2017
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2016

I don't even know where to start. Shaun and Scott are AMAZING! No detail was spared! Every whim was attended to, Scott even went out to get me banana because I was craving one. To say the experience was full service, would not even do it justice. I am so happy with how seamlessly they ran the day. The entire staff was attentive to our every need and want. Every guest was so impressed with the service and awed by how beautifully kept the castle is. I could not be any happier with our choice to be married at Searle's Castle. I highly recommend not only the venue but also the management and their preferred vendors.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Lani · Married on 10/09/2016

I cannot say enough good things about how amazing this castle is. It is run by 2 men -- Shaun and Scott -- and Scott's wife Ali. They are all AMAZING to work with. They are down to earth and low key, which worked perfectly with my and my husband's mentality. They kept us calm and reassured from beginning to end. They never made us feel pressured and they were very up front with all the information. They were realistic with us about everything -- cost, things to leave out etc. The guys gave us a great tour in late January and when they said they had an open day in October -- we had to do it. Shaun and Scott helped us to plan a wedding for just over 200 people in about 9 months. They answered all my annoying emails quickly and made sure that I was completely comfortable with any and all decisions. The wedding was everything I could have hoped for and more. It is truly the most stunning venue you will ever see. The tent is gorgeous -- it has chandeliers, couches, beautiful lighting etc. I got married on October 9, 2016. It hadn't rained all summer and basically all fall. Well, on that day -- it poured! Despite the ceremony being set up for outside, the employees at the castle were able to transition everything to inside the tent smoothly and still managed to fit my vision perfectly. AND they did this within 20 minutes. The ceremony was just as stunning inside as it would have been outside in the courtyard. These people are true professionals. They truly want you to feel like your day is the most magical day ever. Scott, Shaun, and Ali were attentive the entire night and made sure we were all having a great time. They even allowed us extend our wedding the night of for an extra hour because of how much fun everyone was having! We have had numerous people tell us how the wedding venue was one of the most beautiful, unique, and magical they have ever seen -- and this is with it down pouring all day. If you want your very own happily ever after, you HAVE to see this place!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Mary · Married on 09/27/2016

Ask lots of questions! They are super accommodating but you wont' know that they can do so if you don't ask. They are a wonderful group and truly focus on making your day unique and special.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Bethany · Married on 09/18/2016

We loved Searles Castle and their team. We couldn't put into words how amazing they are!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Annette · Married on 09/02/2016

Magical! We were very happy with everything, Searles Castle is very beautiful and like a fairytale.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Ryan · Married on 06/03/2016

I recently got married at Searles Castle in June and cannot begin to explain how this was the best decision my wife and I could have made. After touring a few other venues we realized that there was something missing. One of the party planners at a different venue told us that when you find the right place you'll know instantly. Of course she was hoping that the right decision would be her venue. Driving up the hill to the castle and walking through the gate at the front courtyard, we instantly knew that this was the right decision. Our initial tour began with Sean walking us around the castle. He was very knowledgable but never pushy. Our experience with both Sean and Scott was outstanding. They always welcomed my many calls and emails and we're happy to answer any questions I had. Sean and Scott have a list of preferred vendors, and they were just as outstanding as the guys at the castle. We chose A photographic Memory for our photographer, Susannes Flowers for our florist, Get Down Tonight for our DJ, and Jacques Pastry for our wedding cake. All in all the experience was outstanding and we would highly recommend! The venue is beautiful!

Sent on 07/05/2016
  • Missys984

Melissa · Married on 10/01/2015

When my husband and I first started looking at venues we knew 2 things: we wanted somewhere Southern NH and it needed to fit 250 people. When I heard Searles Castle I thought I would hate it because I don't like the whole "queen/ princess" thing. From the first steps getting out of the car to the end of our wedding I was blown away. It was nothing like I imagined but everything I dreamed my wedding would be. Shaun and Scott were amazing to work with. They answered my emails within minutes and never had a problem with any changes or requests I made. Leading up to the wedding was a breeze and they made me so much more relaxed. The day of the wedding from the second I walked in, to the very end of the night I literally could not ask for better. From me forgetting my flowers, to not having a drink, to making me laugh when my dad and I were almost in tears, someone was there to help and make the day perfect. My guests loved the venue and exploring the castle, the food was delicious, and there was never a line at the bar (even with 200 guests). They catered to us and were worth every penny we spent. I was so happy and relaxed the whole day and although I hate it, I felt like a princess/ queen. This venue is gorgeous and awesome. Shaun and Scott are the best and the rest of the staff were professional and so sweet. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Allie · Married on 06/20/2015

My fiancee and I visited Searles Castle in early January and feel in love with everything about it. When they told us they had an opening in June, we were sold. Everything went so smoothly, and the service was absolutely amazing. We used the bridal suite to get ready before the ceremony, which was gorgeous, and had our ceremony out in the courtyard. All of our guests were completely floored by how beautiful the grounds and the castle were. The food was excellent and the service was so personalized. The serving staff brought dinners to each table, and knew, by name, who was supposed to receive which plate. With a guest list of 150 people, that kind of personalization and attention to detail is extremely rare and hard to come by. They also saved a "to go" container of blueberry pie (my special dessert request from our baker) to make sure that I got a piece at the end of the night. Absolute best party I have ever been to, and best day of my life.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Eilishia · Married on 05/03/2015

Searles Castle did an amazing job! I could have not had a better venue for my wedding. They were so helpful and did so much for me to make my day less stressful. The venue is absolutely beautiful. There are many different spots to take beautiful wedding pictures at. I feel that the Searles Castle went above and beyond and no other venue can compare to that. If you are looking for the fairy tale wedding and feeling like a princess this is the spot!

Sent on 05/26/2015

We had our daughter's wedding at Searles Castle on 11/15/14. Everything about it was great - the food, the service, the setting. Shaun and Scott were great to work with throughout the entire process - from planning the wedding to coordinating on the day of the wedding. Whenever I had a question for them, I had an answer right away - within minutes. I would have given them more than a 5 if possible. Many of our guests commented on how great the wedding was - some saying it was the best venue for a wedding they had ever been to. All in all a perfect event!

Sent on 11/26/2014