Sean Gallery Photography Reviews

86 | New York, NY

86 Reviews for Sean Gallery Photography

Gina H. · Married on 06/10/2021

We love Sean Gallery!

When we initially sat down to choose a photographer for our wedding, we were overwhelmed; most of the websites looked the same to us, and we couldn’t imagine being able to choose someone. Luckily, Sean Gallery was recommended to us by a friend, and when we looked through his photography, we were instantly blown away by his beautiful and unique perspective.

Sean has been so lovely to work with. He has been responsive and available whenever we had questions, and he made us feel so comfortable at both our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. We also appreciated Sean’s patience and flexibility as our wedding plans evolved due to Covid, and he perfectly captured our intimate wedding ceremony.

We love looking through all of the photos and truly don’t know how we will pick just a few for our wedding album! We could not recommend Sean Gallery more!

Sent on 07/24/2021

Alana P. · Married on 09/26/2020

Creates works of art!

We could not be happier with our experience with Sean Gallery Photography! From the minute we met with him, we knew he would be the right choice for our wedding day. Sean has such a unique eye and point of view, which makes his photographs incredibly unique. In my opinion, he creates more than just a photo; capturing light, color and atmosphere making the end result look more like a work of art. He is very professional and delivers everything in a timely manner. Most of all, he photographs with such ease, making you so comfortable in front of the camera. We highly recommend Sean for your next occasion!

Sent on 11/12/2020
  • Becks

Becks · Married on 09/21/2019

The Best Wedding Photographer Out There!

Sean Kim is the BEST of the best. I first him at my cousin's wedding, where I was blown away by his ability to somehow be in 100 places at once, capturing every moment so naturally but never feeling like he was getting in the way to capture the shot. He had the best energy and we were instantly blown away. So when it came time to plan my wedding, we looked no further than Sean. And man, did he top every expectation. The photos from our wedding day are true perfection. Not only does he capture such genuine expressions, but he has such a vision for artful, interesting shots that make our wedding photos so much more. The really are like pieces of art! On top of that, he is seriously just one of the kindest, most professional and endearing people. We LOVED him and his team!! Book Sean Now!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Avi

Avi · Married on 09/01/2019

An amaing photography team that really makes you feel comfortable

We interviewed a lot of photographers before we decided on Sean Gallery Photography. We ended up working with Lenny because we really loved the candid photos he was able to capture of other wedding couples as well as all of the other guests. They had a very affordable price and we didn’t have to sacrifice on quality at all!

Leading up to the wedding, we also had a complimentary hour long engagement photoshoot with Lenny that really helped us get comfortable with him and the camera. He picked some great spots around the West Village so we were able to get all sorts of great shots in different settings around there. He helped us feel comfortable throughout the whole experience and we got some fantastic shots.

On the wedding day, Lenny and his assistant, Ria, did such a great job jumping between our rooms to capture those “getting ready” moments. Once we got to the venue he was able to quickly and efficiently get through all of the many combinations of family photos (divorced and remarried family members) so we had as much time as possible to hang out with our guests. He also pulled us aside nearing the beginning and end of the night to capture some really amazing shots around the venue. All our friends and family commented on how funny and personable Lenny was as he gave everyone direction on positioning. He really made us feel at ease and enjoy the whole day!

Since the wedding, we’ve seen the teaser album edited and put together by Sean (https://www.facebook.com/pg/seangalleryphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2682855811747373) and we cannot wait to see the rest. We are so impressed on how beautiful the pictures came out. Sean was also super helpful. We forgot to bring our invitations for some detail shots with the rings and shoes, but Sean made some time to snap a few photos a week later so we could slip those into the album.

The event might have only lasted 5 hours, but Lenny made sure to capture the feel of the event so we can relive it forever.

Thank you so much Lenny, Ria, and Sean for helping capture this special occasion. If you’re looking for a wedding photographer, you’ve found him!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/31/2019

The Best Decision!

Sean shot the photography at my wedding over a year ago and his work was outstanding. He is a consummate professional, and I could not have asked for a better wedding photographer. There were many parts of wedding planning that felt hard, but working with him was as easy as could be - and the photos are an absolute dream. Looking back on his photos from my wedding day now is a magical experience - I feel like I can re-live the day all over again.

Sent on 01/17/2021

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2019

AMAZING! Book Sean fast!

We cannot recommend Sean and his team enough. We got married on August 10th in Garrison, NY and we are so incredibly grateful that we found Sean. His pictures are absolutely stunning, and he is a pleasure to work with. We searched through countless photographers before we found him, and I feel so lucky that we did. When we were looking through our album, we were stunned to see some moments captured on film that we thought no one else noticed. His attention to detail and ability to truly capture all the emotions in the entire day is unparalleled. The only thing is that all of his pictures are so beautiful that we do not know which ones to frame!! Seriously, the professionalism, the ease to work together, the absolute GORGEOUS end result - do not hesitate and just book him today.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Adam · Married on 08/03/2019

Sean Gallery is fantastic!

We had a great experience with Sean as our wedding photographer and highly recommend him! During our initial meeting with Sean, we were able to review some albums of his photography from previous weddings and were impressed with the consistently high quality of all of his photographs. While other photographers had a number of high quality photos in their albums, with Sean we were impressed by nearly every photograph in the albums. It is clear that he puts a significant effort into making sure every single photograph is exceptional, and this was certainly true of the photos we received from our own wedding.

In the lead up to the wedding, Sean was extraordinarily responsive to our questions, responding quickly and answering any and all of our questions.

We were additionally impressed with how subtle Sean and his assistant were during the wedding itself. For much of the wedding, we were completely unaware of his presence and when we received the final photos, we were pleasantly surprised to find he had captured many moments for which we did not even know he was present. During events like the cutting of the cake, first dances, toasts, etc., we never needed to wait for Sean. He and his assistant were able to quickly and discreetly set up their lighting, take their photographs, and remove their equipment without ever disrupting the event.

During posed photographs with our family and bridal party, Sean was extremely patient and helpful, making suggestions and providing great advice on how to position ourselves to look our best. He is great at making everyone feel comfortable with the process. His advice helped us avoid feeling self-conscious or over-thinking about what we would look like in photos. Additionally, he included a free engagement shoot prior to the wedding, which was very helpful in allowing us to get used to working with him.

We received our final set of about 800 photos about 6.5 weeks after the wedding and were extremely pleased with the results. We used his website to order printed albums for our parents and the quality of the books was excellent. Sean also very generously extended a discount code that had expired and was able to assist us with the ordering process to make sure our albums arrived in time for Christmas. The albums ordered through his website are more expensive than one might find through third-party options but, after receiving the albums, we were glad we went through Sean, as the high-quality of the books was definitely worth it. The only very minor complaint with the photo-book creation webpage was that the layout options were somewhat limited and can require some thought to find a good set of photos for each page (e.g., sometimes we wanted to include a landscape-oriented photo on a page, but the only free slot was for a portrait-oriented photo). That said, limiting the layout options did make it easier to maintain a professional look when designing the albums.

We highly recommend Sean without reservation to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding photographer!

Sent on 02/27/2020

Bridget B. · Married on 05/13/2019

Very talented and easy to work with!!

As a wedding coordinator myself, I have worked with Sean for many years. I have always admired his beautiful work and organization on wedding days so it was fitting for me to choose him for my special day!

I could not be happier about the experience and how my photos came out. He made us look like we were pros at having our picture taken....which we are far from!

I couldn't recommend Sean and his team enough!!

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Silvia

Silvia · Married on 11/10/2018

Just amazing!

Most amazing photographer we could have asked for. close to a year ago i had my photgrapher booked for wedding , but they didn't do engagements. One day when meeting with our wedding music team, we saw some amazing photos on the wall, they were of Sean's. I was beyond mesmerized by the beautiful work. WE got Sean's contact and asked him to do an engagement shoot. WE fell in love with those photos and hired him as a wedding photographer! His work is truly magical and we plan to keep in as our family photographer for moments to come :) Silvia -

Sent on 11/20/2018

Virginia · Married on 09/30/2018

After meeting with several photographers and meticulously looking into their portfolios, reading reviews, we never had that feeling that we found the photographer right for us. Luckily we stumbled upon Sean’s portfolio on Fearless Photographers. We were amazed with how gorgeous the pictures were (with plenty of night shots) and we knew we had to meet with him right away. During our meeting with Sean, he gave us insight on what the best possible timing was to fit the pictures we wanted based on his experience and also listened to any concerns we had.
    During the day of the wedding, I was extremely nervous that we would not have enough time to capture everything as it was a bit of a time crunch, (due to a late addition of a Tea Ceremony) but Sean was extremely supportive and reassuring. Sean and his associate Jeffrey came in with bright smiles and immediately went to work in taking pictures of wedding details and of the bridesmaids while I was getting ready. He was friendly and with humor brought out everyone’s genuine smiles.
    Throughout the course of the day, Sean took us to different locations near the venue and we followed whichever direction he gave to capture the pictures. He was extremely professional and had the most authentic personality that you could tell he really loved what he was doing. Did I already mention that he was really funny? The night flew by extremely fast and by the next morning I was so anxious to see pictures but knew that it would take a while to see any. Little did I know that TWO days later, Sean would send numerous teaser photos that looked absolutely AMAZING!!! The sparkler exit, the night shots, the first look, candid shots, everything was BEAUTIFUL.
    Note, my husband and I did not have Sean take our engagement photos due to budget reasons so we never worked with him prior AND also had him as a single photographer so we REALLY put our trust in him, and he definitely delivered. We are SO APPRECIATIVE and extend our biggest thanks!!!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2018

We were concerned about many factors when it came to our wedding - it was intimate (about 30 people), at a smaller venue, and mostly everything was DIY. Up to the morning of the big day, we were working double time to ensure everything was set up, as we were doing everything by hand.

None of these things mattered when it came to Sean. He arrived and promptly began working around us. He was caring and attentive, and he immediately put everyone at ease. Throughout the night, he captured the most beautiful shots - both directed and candid. I don't even know how but he was everywhere at once, and barely took a break. Everyone who attended commented at least once about how wonderful Sean was, and we could not agree more. He managed to take the most genuine and heartwarming shots of everyone and everything that was important to us, from the small handmade decorations to each individual member of our family. He even managed to send us an album of preview pictures two days after our wedding, letting us look through the cherished moments of that special day (which felt like it flew by) with our close ones.

We are so grateful to Sean for helping make our wedding day even more special. We thank him for respecting our family, for having fun with us while shooting, and for all the memories he captured. Sean is highly recommended not only for his impeccable skill but for his authentic personality. Thank you, Sean!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Lucy · Married on 09/02/2018

We first found Sean through our friends in New York who had him do their engagement photos. The images we saw really resonated with me and my fiance. His price was extremely reasonable for the quality of photos. Even through just simple email exchanges, we felt Sean was so easy to work with - direct, no fuss, perfect execution.

Due to weather changes, we had to reschedule our session multiple times... and it dragged on from last fall to this spring to this summer. Sean made himself available at very short notice, and was helpful to guide us through our thinking on when is a good day to shoot (versus not). Never did we feel pressured to use him, and he was always there for us.

When we finally found a date that worked for us, Sean came to our photo shoot and just WOW'D US. It was clear he's extremely experienced. He knew exactly where to shoot in Central Park, which path to take. He made our photos work despite that the place was filled with people. He knew just by looking at other photographers' lens whether we were okay standing nearby their parties. Even though our shoot was only 1.5 hours, he helped us cover all of the areas we had asked for (it was a LOT). He brought such amazing energy to the shoot, truly went above and beyond, and helped us feel less nervous and really brought out our true selves.

Even though neither my fiance and I are "photogenic", somehow the photos turned out breathtaking. Every time I look at them, I'm filled with an overwhelming joy. If you're ever considering anyone for any professional shoot, PLEASE go with Sean. The BEST surprise was that even though he'd only known us for 1.5 hours, his photos captured EXACTLY who we were, and the way we loved each other. He helped us see, through the photos, those tiny little moments between two people that normally go unrecognized. If a relationship could have a mirror, Sean's photos would be it. For that we are eternally grateful.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Daniel R. · Married on 09/02/2018

Sean is great!

Sean's pictures were amazing and creative. We couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • O

Olga C. · Married on 07/12/2018

Thank you Sean Gallery!

My now husband and I had two events on two different days to celebrate our wedding. We worked with Sean on one day and Lenny on the other. Both Sean and Lenny were absolutely amazing to work with, went above and beyond for us, and took breathtaking pictures that we will cherish forever. They are highly professional and put everyone at ease, we are so glad we chose Sean Gallery to document this unforgettable time in our lives and couldn’t be happier.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Catherine · Married on 06/09/2018

Amazing Pics

My pictures came out amazing and I knew they would! These guys are amazing...Lenny was my phtographer and although I felt rushed that day he knew exactly what he was doing and killed it. I have been told my pics are the most beuatiful people have ever seen. They really know how to make the most out of any location and their landscape shots are to die for!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Janette · Married on 05/26/2018

Absolutely thrilled with the Photography Services provided by Sean Gallery Photography! Sean helped organize and manage all services and billing with exceptional customer service. He ensured us that we would receive quality service and that's exactly what we got! Lenny was our photographer for the day with Leah as his assistant. Lenny is extremely talented! He had an eye for capturing unique aesthetic compositions and lighting. His demeanor was so pleasant and professional which allowed us to feel at ease in front of the camera. Leah was so attentive and dedicated, she even offered me some bug spray when we noticed mosquitos amidst the garden. We recently received our teasers and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw them, I felt like I was looking at an editorial in a wedding magazine. We highly recommend Sean Gallery Photography!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Victoria · Married on 01/20/2018

Choosing Sean Gallery was one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding. We had the fortune of having Sean and Lenny as our photographers on our special day and they were able to capture every single moment perfectly. Sean was wonderful to work with, responsive to our many questions, professional, and kind. Sean and his team made us feel comfortable and relaxed during our shoot and most importantly, they made us laugh and have fun. We highly recommend having two photographers to capture all the moments throughout your day in order to get shots from different angles (i.e. both you and your partner's faces during your first look moment!) What sets Sean Gallery's portfolio apart from the many, many others we considered is that their photography look and feel like artwork, each one a contender for framing, and evoke the same feelings we felt in those very moments when they were captured. Thank you so much, Sean and Lenny!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Nicole · Married on 11/12/2017

After I saw Sean's work on my venue's Facebook page and other wedding pictures he's shot at my venue, I knew I had to book him. He was very response to all emails and we "met" during a Skype call. We booked him a few minutes after that!

We did an engagement shoot during the summer and my husband and I had a blast! Sean made the photo shoot very comfortable and easy going, and gave us a few good laughs too! Overall, he is true artistic professional.

We got married in the fall and received so many compliments about how beautiful our wedding photos turned out and how they've never seen photos like the ones he took for us.

If you value unique and beautiful photography, then would highly recommend Sean for your wedding or event!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Jenny · Married on 11/04/2017

I don’t have enough good things to say about Sean Gallery! I booked him for my large wedding (210 people) and with a big wedding party (13 groomsmen and 11 bridesmaids). Leading up to the wedding, he was easy to communicate with and answered any questions I had quickly and efficiently. I booked him and Lenny as the second shooter for the wedding, which also included an assistant. The day of the wedding, they arrived early to search the area. They were professional and personable. Sean had so many great ideas, but also let me say during the reception “take this picture!” without any hesitation. We made a schedule ahead of time and Sean was able to keep on schedule and we were never running behind or feeling rushed. He was able to control the big wedding party and get the shots he needed. He was also pretty funny and enjoyable to be around. We got a sneak peak of the pictures a few days and to say they are stunning is an understatement. They are absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to see all of them in a couple of weeks. I found he was reasonably priced for all that he offers and I would recommend him to anybody!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Sam · Married on 10/22/2017

Sean was incredible. Not only are the photos amazing, but he was a calming presence throughout the whole day with a fantastic demeanor! He was so accommodating and we knew immediately that he had unique vision and had planned shots and locations that were completely original. Couldn’t say more - he was incredible!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Gabriel · Married on 08/30/2017

Sean is the absolute best on many levels. I hired him for a non-wedding photo shoot. I'm an attorney and my website was being redone. The website design co. and I both wanted updated pictures - something well beyond the cold head shots you see on the typical law firm website as those aren't true to me or my practice. We wanted something warm and personal. Well, Sean not only blew me away on the end result of the in-office pictures but he was willing to work a larger family photo shoot into the 2 hour time we had to work together.

My wife thought the world of Sean, his thoroughness, and personality. My kids, 5.5 years old and 3.5 years old, took to him as well.

The pictures are everything myself, my family, and the website design co could have wanted. The business shots have the right balance of professionalism and warmth while the family photos we'll long treasure.

We'll be using Sean again for holiday photos - why mess around w/someone else when you've found the person in Sean that's the perfect fit. I can't recommend Sean highly enough.

Sent on 09/03/2017

Leslie · Married on 08/26/2017

Sean Kim is...AMAZING. I found him through my friend - he was the photographer at her wedding, and he did a phenomenal job! I immediately knew that he would be the perfect pick for my wedding in August 2017. Sean gives great direction and advice on how to pose and most importantly, relax when taking photos. He knows how to bring out the best in you. My husband and I are very happy and thankful to have Sean capture all our special moments. I highly recommend him as the photographer for your wedding -- he's a wonderful person to work with, and you will love his work!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Britton · Married on 07/22/2017

I can't speak highly enough of Sean! We worked with him for our engagement photos and then for our wedding photos. We had to reschedule the engagement photos several times due to conflicts on our end (not his) and he was immeasurably kind and patient with us! I'm really glad we did the engagement photos, because they came out beautifully (and he turned them around so quickly!) and also it gave us a chance to get to know Sean, and to get a little more comfortable in front of the camera. The wedding day is of course more busy - so actually, Sean took many of our photos that day without us even realizing - and they came out amazing!! He took a wide variety of types of photos and they were all beautiful in different ways. Atmospheric shots of the venue and decorations captured the details I'd worked so hard to plan (haha), the shots of us getting ready with our wedding party came out so sweet, the ceremony itself is captured the entire way through and we used one of those photos for our thank-you cards because we loved it so much. The group portrait shots with our family came out so well, with everyone looking fantastic (a difficult feat because we've got a huge family!) The action shots of speeches, and people's reactions, and dancing, were all priceless - and we ended up only taking a quick break for nighttime photos since we were having so much fun dancing, but the few that we did take were absolutely breathtaking. He turned the sneak peeks around so quickly - and the entire set sooner than we expected, too! Personality wise, you also couldn't ask for a nicer person to work with. Sean is so polite, kind and sweet - but he also makes sure to give little bits of direction here or there, to make sure you look your best. We loved working with him, and everyone kept saying how nice our photographer was. Thank you Sean!!! We'll cherish these photos for years to come!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Angela · Married on 06/30/2017

Where do I begin? Sean is an amazing photographer. So responsive, professional, and talented. I am so glad I did an extend research looking for a photographer and ended up choosing him. From the engagement session I trusted him completely and that's the best feeling in the world. Believe me I had been to many weddings where the brides have to tell the photographer what to do because they ended up taking the same picture over and over. With Sean I knew I will love the result after, and in fact I did, more that I was expecting. Sean will capture your big day in a way that you don't even see it. He will find beauty in simple things and the result is just amazing. Please do not save money in photos and video, it ended up being the most beautiful memory you will have after a night that pass so fast. I am in love with my wedding pictures and the beautiful memories they represent to us thanks to the wonderful work Sean does.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Andrea · Married on 06/04/2017

My husband and I totally lucked out with Sean! Finding a photographer (or any vendor) online is a chore, especially while we were trying to plan a wedding in less than six months! Just seeing Sean’s work online, and corresponding with him only via email made me go with my gut instinct and book him. Out of all the vendors that we had to choose, a photographer was the most important to us…after all, a picture is worth a thousand words. My husband and I are very laid back, and didn’t want any dramatic or overly staged photos. Both my husband and I are camera shy, but Sean put us at ease, and before long, Sean was able to really capture us at our best. Not only was Sean talented and unobtrusive, he was patient, kind and a calming presence throughout a long and busy day. We just received all of our photos, and I am speechless. They are gorgeous, professional and honestly look like they belong in a magazine! Book Sean ASAP…you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 07/19/2017