28 Reviews for Seabrook Island Club

Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
28 Seabrook Island Club Reviews

My daughter, and now son in law, were married on Seabrook Island in October. The ceremony was held on The Ocean Terrace, which was outstanding. The view, environment, and overall experience was out of this world.
The reception was held in the Atlantic Ballroom. The staff was professional, friendly, efficient, and extremely willing to please. They only wanted the best for the bride and groom and entire wedding.
The chef was available throughout the day and evening, answering any question and wanting to have everything perfect. The food was outstanding. We had many guests comment that they felt like they were in an exclusive restaurant. Everything was fresh, hot, delicious and very well prepared.
The wedding director, Kathleen McCormack, was very receptive to ideas from the bride and groom, immediately answered emails and phone calls and was very eager to please. She was always willing to offer suggestions and had many good ideas.
After having their wedding here, I can't imagine a better setting, or group of people to work with from the maitre'd to the chef, to the wedding director Kathleen to the support staff. I would highly recommend The Seabrook Island Club for a wedding or any special event.

Profile Picture Joanne, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Seabrook Island in June 2017. From the venue to the service, everything was exceptional. Kathleen and her staff went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams. We had our cocktail reception on the beautiful ocean terrace. The weather was perfect and the scenery was amazing. Our dinner reception was held in the newly remodeled Atlantic Ballroom in the Island House. With the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean, the scenery was nothing short of spectacular as my guests and I danced the night away.

Kathleen and her staff were accommodating to every request and attentive to every detail. Most importantly, the food and drinks were amazing. The only complaint we received from our guests was that their was too much alcohol! Their dinner menu includes a variety of everything with an emphasis on southern and lowcountry classics. The shrimp & grits martini bar was a huge hit!

As an out of town bride, I felt completely comfortable with Kathleen's responsiveness. With the help of my wedding planner, they stayed on top of everything. Seabrook Island is a hidden gem and I can't thank them enough. I feel so lucky to have been able to have the wedding of my dreams there and would urge all Charleston brides to step outside the box, and have a Seabrook Island wedding. You won't regret it. Thanks, Kathleen!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Kathleen was extremely helpful through the entire process from showing us around before we picked Seabrook, all the way through the big day. Matt, the assistant manager for the club was also incredibly helpful the day of the wedding. We will definitely be visiting Seabrook again and would highly recommend. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and even better if you can stay in one of the nearby villas. We stayed in Atrium which is literally across the street. Wedding was June 5th.

Profile Picture Audra, 6/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Everything and everyone at Seabrook Island made our wedding a dream come true. The ocean terrace was absolutely stunning and Kathleen did everything to make sure the ceremony was ready, but put in even more work managing the band, food, beverage...the whole experience was flawless. People have even told us how nice and fun the bartenders were and how helpful all of the staff was. My wedding was the best wedding I've ever been to and so much of it was because of this amazing venue and staff!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The management and staff at the Seabrook Island Club made our daughter's wedding at the Club a wonderful success. Without exception, we received glowing words of praise from our guests on every aspect of service the Club provided.

The venue itself offers spectacular ocean views in an absolutely beautiful facility. The setups for the ceremony, cocktail/hors d'oeuvre reception, and the dinner/party reception were perfect. All of the staff were attentive, professional, and welcoming...in a word: fantastic. And the food! From the hors d'oeuvres, to every aspect and entree offered on the dinner, to the beautiful wedding cake, it was absolutely top-shelf dining from beginning to end.

As the father of the bride, I could not have been happier with the quality that the Seabrook Island Club provided for this special event. Thank you!

Profile Picture User7386623, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kathleen and her team on Seabrook were outstanding for our daughter's wedding! Everything was done very professionally with outstanding care and attention to detail. Many thanks to Kathleen and the team for helping provide many fond memories!

Profile Picture Richard, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

2nd wedding we hosted, both PERFECT! The entire club & staff were magnificent! Southern Hospitality at it's finest! Our guests completely enjoyed their stay on the "brook", many have returned for their vacation!! More weddings to come from our family on SEABROOK!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 5/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

No reason not to use Seabrook Island venue. Great location very accommodating and reasonable. Rented Condo's on the Island which the bridal party stayed at for the weekend and had a blast.

Profile Picture Joe, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely spectacular! My daughter's wedding was on a bright sunny day in late September and it was nothing short of a fairytale. The Ocean Terrace is breathtaking with the backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean and the adjacent welcome center provided an ideal entrance for our guests and allowed us to set up tables for water and sunglasses as they arrived! The reception was held across the street at the elegant Atlantic ballroom. During the cocktail hour, the guests migled outside on the beautiful veranda and were treated to the music of the Plantation Singers. It could not have gone any better. The reception was in the elegant Atlantic Ballroom which was set up by the Seabrook staff exactly as we requested. The room was big enough to accommodate a 9 piece band, a huge dance floor and enough seating for over 140 people. Everything went off without a hitch thanks to the highly professional Seabrook Club staff. The food was delicious and came out at exactly the right time, the facilities were first class, the venue is simply amazing and the level of service and attention to detail was top notch. Many of our guests commented that they had never been to a wedding that was so picturesque and so elegant. You cannot go wrong with this venue.

Profile Picture David, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Parking

My fiancé and I couldn't have chosen a better location to get married! Seabrook is absolutely magical, our Ocean Terrace ceremony was something out of a fairytale and the clubhouse was picturesque. Chef Randy did an amazing job with our food for the cocktail hour and reception. Kathleen was wonderful to work with, she was professional, down to earth and got to know us before the big day! I would highly recommend this location for any event!

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

October 18, 2014 was the date of our son’s wedding at the Seabrook Island Club.
This was our second son to marry on SI, and just as special as the first held April 28, 2012. To have two sons and their now wives choose our home to marry shows how wonderful the venues are here at SI.
The ceremonies on the Ocean Terrace with sail boats and dolphin going by just added to the magic of the ocean view.
Having an onsite wedding coordinator made planning very easy. Kathleen is
hands-on throughout the planning and executing of the event. She and her staff couldn’t have been nicer to work with. The Atlantic Room was perfect for guests to enjoy the sunset, the ocean breezes, great food and room to dance the night away.
Guests were able to rent villas and houses on Seabrook to stay and enjoy a long weekend of events. Many enjoyed a day in nearby Charleston.
We even started the festivities off with a bonfire on the beach Thursday evening!
We can’t thank all the staff at SI Club for two of the most special days in our family’s life.

Profile Picture Pat, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The best decision I made in my entire wedding planning experience was the choice to get married on Seabrook Island. We wanted to chose a venue that we could revisit for years, and what a perfect place to do it. Our families stayed in seaside villas for the week, which made for such a calm and intimate pre-event experience. And when the time came for the big day, it was what dreams are made of... from the beautiful seaside ceremony, to the elegant club reception, to the fabulous work of Kathleen McCormack... everything was taken care of and everything was fabulous. I am a very "type A" person, and a perfectionist, so it is natural for me to think about what I could have done better. However, there is absolutely not one thing I would change about my entire wedding experience. There were two things that I heard over and over from guests: (1) that they had never seen me so happy and relaxed, and (2) the wedding was the most beautiful event they had been to in their lives. It truly was perfection, and I don't know what more a bride could ask for in a venue!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kathleen McCormick and her staff were absolutely wonderful! I planned my wedding but I needed a venue that would work with me and my needs since I also lived 3 hours away. Kathleen gave us a wonderful tour and was in communication with me the whole time. For my reception all I had to do was drop off the items to be set up and her staff set up the reception and broke it down after. The Ocean Terrace's location was absolutely beautiful! On the day of, we had dolphins swimming in the background. Guests not from Charleston loved it! Also, I was worried the day of the wedding because it was supposed to storm. The venue had a great backup plan, but Kathleen kept track of the radar and weather reports and gave me update every hour. Luckily the rain held off until after the reception and we ended up having a cool and beautiful ceremony on what was supposed to be a hot August day. Also, if you are planning to hold your wedding here, you will need to also order the food from the venue. However, the Raw Bar and sushi we had for cocktail was the highlight for my guests and the food was AMAZING! Make sure you get the Grouper (if you like fish), that was everyones favorite. Overall, great location, great staff, wonderful food. I HIGHLY recommend to Bride-to-be

Profile Picture User3843849, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

To say this venue is gorgeous is an understatement. The backdrop of the Ocean Terrace and the Beach club are absolutely breath taking. The food and service was excellent and our guests are still talking about how our wedding was the most beautiful they had ever been to. Thank you Seabrook!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/14/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had an amazing wedding! Would definitely recommend this venue. Everyone was so helpful and made the day go perfectly!

Profile Picture Katherine, 6/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Seabrook Island was a gorgeous place to have our wedding. The Ocean Terrace overlooking the water could not be more romantic. The staff was very friendly and easy to work with. The food was great and so many guests have told me how good it was. The cake was also yummy and beautiful! They did a fantasic job and helped the evening run smoothly.

Profile Picture User3650903, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Seabrook Island Club and Kathleen made this the perfect venue for my daughters wedding reception. Of course with beautiful views of the ocean and wonderful weather this event was like something out of a movie! Kathleen was so great to work with. She was professional, available day or night, provided much needed guidance and took the stress out of the planning. Kathleen has a wonderful ease about her and what can be a stressful time... Kathleen made it fun. The Seabrook Island Club provided the food, cake, tables/linens and just about anything else we needed which made it so easy. The food was great, the cake was beautiful and all the staff were so great to work with. Many of the guests decided to take advantage of the beautiful location and came for the week (from as far away as California to Boston and all points in between) and rented condos on the island. Needless to say this wedding became a fabulous week long event and with all that Seabrook has to offer...beach, golf, tennis, horseback riding, the pools and much more the adults and kids had a wonderful week. With Charleston being a only a short drive many guests also enjoyed visiting the city. Thanks Seabrook and Kathleen for making this the best time ever!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kathleen at the Seabrook Island Club was amazing. I worked with her for 10 months regarding every detail of the ceremony and reception. She was very helpful in keeping me on budget and ensured I didn't purchase anything I really didn't need. The venue was great, the food was outstanding and the staff was helpful. Hosting an event there is very expensive. You pay the base cost for the ceremony site, the reception site, and food & beverages but on top of that, you pay taxes, and a surcharge fee for each. For example, if you use the Ocean Terrace for your wedding, you will pay $1500 plus, taxes, plus surcharge for the Ocean Terrace. The same for using the Atlantic Ballroom for the reception. You pay $3000 plus, taxes, plus surcharge. This also applies to your meals. Our meals were $47 per plate, plus, taxes, plus surcharge. However, if you can afford it, it's a GREAT venue.

Profile Picture Keisha, 7/12/13, 13 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

What else can we say but WOW!!! Seabrook Island Club is gorgeous and Kathleen the coordinator did an amazing job. We would highly recommend Seabrook Island Club! Our ceremony was held at The Ocean Terrace which was impeccable. After the ceremony we moved from The Ocean Terrace to the Deavoux Room for the reception. The food and service were spectacular! We received numerous compliments from the guests regarding the food and venue. Thank you Kathleen and Seabrook Island Club for the picture-perfect setting for our wedding day!!

Profile Picture Angela, 12/9/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely gorgeous venue... I couldn't have dreamed of a better way to have my wedding!!! Staff was beyond amazing!!!! They paid attention to every detail and help me with anything I needed!!!

Profile Picture Christel, 5/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our reception at Seabrook Island Club was fantastic! The wedding coordinator did an amazing job setting everything up. Food and atmosphere was perfect. Thanks Seabrook!

Profile Picture Kim, 5/15/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From our first meeting we knew that Seabrook would make all our dreams possible. They were not pushy, but extremely knowledgeable and were able to even relax this type AA MOB. Whatever we asked for we could have, from the ceremony overlooking the ocean to the gorgeous ballroom exactly as we had pictured. Even incorporating our DOG in the ceremony was not a problem. We decided to have their pastry chef provide the cake. We gave her a picture and it was done. She even went to the trouble of having GLUTEN FREE little cakes as well. Thank you Seabrook for truly making this a "Fairy Tale" Wedding.

Profile Picture User3263453, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We got married in October out on the Ocean Terrace and had the ceremony in the Atlantic Room. The Terrace is a beautiful place to get married and we fortunately had fantastic weather! The Atlantic Room is a large space but it can still feel intimate. The use of the porches is a bonus so that guests can be outside and enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean across the street.
Kathleen was great to work with and answered all our questions in a timely manner. We were having a sit down dinner but wanted to have it in a family style manner. This is not something that Seabrook normally does but Kathleen worked with the chef and he was on board to do this for us. The chef was extremely accommodating and the food was delicious, lots of compliments. We did have to rent all of the serving dishes and utensils to accommodate the family style dinner though.
Seabrook is a great place to get married. Most of our guests were from out of town and rented places on the island. So it had somewhat of a 'destination wedding' vibe which was great - wonderful to have everyone so close together.

Profile Picture Anna, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Seabrook is a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception location especially if you want to be right on the water without having to be in the sand. We had our ceremony and happy hour on the ocean terrace where you have ocean views surrounding and dolphins popping up in the distance. Our reception was in the Carolina Room which connects to a beautiful wrap around porch. Kathleen (the onsite wedding director) worked with us closely ahead of time and day-of to create a wonderfully fun, laid-back, indoor/outdoor experience for our guests. Our guests shared how much they loved the food during dinner and hors d'oeuvres. The staff definitely went above and beyond to make sure our guests were well taken care of! Our friends and family are still raving about how much they loved the food, how much fun they had, how beautiful the venue was!

Profile Picture Tori, 4/29/17, 1 Review