Scratch Studios Reviews

Scratch Studios 6
Scratch Studios 7

Katie · Married on 11/15/2018

Talented, Accomaditing and Fun - Bridesmaid Opinion

I was recently a bridesmaid in a wedding that Tyler/Scratch Studios had been hired to shoot. It was an absolute joy working with Tyler. The photos came out beautifully and it is clear he is well seasoned is his field. We received clear directions from him and were surprised at how quickly Tyler captured everything he needed (huge win for everyone in dresses on a cold day!). On top of his talent Tyler was warm, communicated well and added to our day with a fun, calm and often funny demeanor. He made sure our bride was happy and it was clear he established what she (the bride) wanted out of her wedding photos before the day of so she wasn’t worried on her big day and could enjoy herself. Would highly recommend Tyler & Scratch Studios

• I

Ian Tordi-Devine · Married on 11/11/2018

Photography Royalty

Tyler from Scratch Studios was absolutely everything we could have imagined and wished for on our special day! He helped make us feel calm and casual during the photos which definitely lends to the natural love captured in each shot. He recommended that we do a “First Look” and I am so glad that we took his advice. It gave us that moment alone to really take one another in before our ceremony and helped get a little bit of the jitters out. The first look photos are breathtaking as well and captured a moment we will cherish forever. Tyler was professional, friendly, and made everyone feel like a superstar, especially us. I can’t recommend Scratch Studios enough!

Holly Spangler · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing photographer, went above and beyond for our event!

We had an amazing experience with Tyler as our wedding photographer! I came in completely unprepared without a list of shots or any idea what I wanted for pictures, and he completely directed all the photos and went above and beyond, constantly asking if there was anything he could do to help. I would recommend him to anyone needing a photographer!

Scratch Studios 8

Courtney · Married on 08/25/2018

Tyler was beyond amazing at both our engagement photos and wedding. He immediately made us feel comfortable and relaxed at the engagement shoot ( and took some of the cutest candid shots!) he picked unique locations with amazing natural lighting and got our photos back to us quickly. For the wedding he was the calm director that we needed he organized the bridal party quickly and had great ideas for photo shots. He arrived early, found awesome areas to use as backdrops and even stopped traffic to get the perfect shot in a corn field. He is AMAZING, kind and super talented. I highly suggest him if you want an organized day with phenomenal photos!

Scratch Studios 9
    Scratch Studios 10

Becca · Married on 07/03/2018

Tyler was an absolute joy to work with! I had worked with Tyler before as a bridesmaid in my sister in law's wedding and every shot was stunning. When my husband and I were planning our wedding, I got admittedly anxious about being the center of a photo session but trusted that Tyler would be able to capture our special day just as we wanted. After voicing our nerves about being photographed and concerns about the length of time we were doing staged photographs during our wedding, Tyler was extremely responsive and comfortable putting our nerves quickly at ease. Our photo's are perfect, which I knew they would be - this is what he's meant to do, but I am most pleased with the experience. Tyler is communicative and clear, he listens and cares about the couple, takes and is able to take direction as needed. He is accommodating and unobtrusive while capturing every moment you wish you could freeze frame time for. Hire him.

rosalie · Married on 05/12/2018

Tyler is one of the easiest people to work with + his work is absolutely flawless. I hired Tyler after seeing the photos he did for my cousin who was married in July of 2016. I was so impressed by each and every one of them as I flipped through her album. I booked Tyler over a year in advance because I was adamant to have him as our photographer.

To begin with, Tyler is very responsive whether it be via text or email. He was always quick to get back to me and able to answer any questions I had from the time I booked him to the days leading up to the big day. Tyler was able to execute our “posed” pictures beautifully making sure that they still seemed natural and were true to our personalities. His feedback, encouragement and guidance helped up get the best pictures. He is so much fun to have at the wedding because you can tell he genuinely cares about the couple he is working with-- he was always there to capture the big moments throughout the night. If you are looking for a photographer that will go above and beyond and make you feel incredibly comfortable in front of the camera-- Tyler is the way to go.

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Tyler was beyond amazing!! I knew several people that used Tyler and were so happy with his work, and friend of mine knew Tyler personally so I reached out. Anything we could possibly need he did it. He traveled from nyc to shoot our wedding on 10/28/17. Communicating with him was too easy, he answered every email and text promptly. During our reception it was like he was one of our guest, making me feel so comfortable and not like I had a camera in my face. My husband hates pics and type made it quick and painless for him!! He got our edited photos back to us so quickly and any additional editing I needed he was willing. Any chance that I need formal pics again, hands down Tyler will be my go to

Niesha · Married on 10/15/2017

From the beginning of my wedding experience, I was certain that Tyler would be the person to capture this lifelong moment. I knew that I could trust him with providing the best visuals. I knew that I could depend on his energy to be sincere, calming & pleasant. I knew that he would care about the tiniest detail with expertise and excellence. I knew that regardless of any stress that came on that day, Tyler would be the calm in the space. I knew that each pose he presented would convey the intensity of the love between my husband & I. I knew that he would deliver me quality images that would bring out every bit of emotion that a bride wants to feel... SHEER JOY. Tyler is flawless with his gift behind the lenses and I could speak on his phenomenal talents forever. He’s not only amazing at what he does but he truly is a gem of a person overall. His heart is as great as his work. You would be terribly disappointed with yourself if you don’t book his talent for your special day.

Scratch Studios 11
    Scratch Studios 12

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

Tyler was fantastic to work with! From the beginning, he was great at communicating, asking what all we were looking for in photos, kept us updated with timeline as we counted down to wedding day, etc. Day of wedding, he was on time where we asked him to be and full of energy! He made sure he captured all the photos we asked, plus many more we did not think of but absolutely loved! We got photos back very quickly and he kept in touch whole time from editing, to sending, to making sure we got them and loved them. Even went above and beyond and told us to let him know if there were any we would like edited a different way. Will Highly recommend Tyler to all friends and family for any photography needs!

Maura · Married on 09/09/2017

Wow, I couldn't be later with writing this, but boy does time fly after you get married! Tyler did our engagement photo session (which turned out absolutely beautiful) and then captured our wedding in September. When I say captured, I mean he really was able to portray every detail, feeling, mood, that happened that day and in the most special way for us. Not only are his pictures stunning, but he is incredible to work with. He is extremely professional, but funny and relaxed at the same time. He made taking all of those wedding photos fun and painless! Thank you again Tyler!

Scratch Studios 13
    Scratch Studios 14
    Scratch Studios 15
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/16/2017

Review Tyler Lyons Photography?? Where do I begin?! I honestly could go on and on about why Tyler is everything a bride and groom are looking for in a wedding photographer. First of all, Tyler has his bachelor's degree in the field as well as years of experience. With this combination he understands both the textbook side of photography as well as the social side. This is HUGE. Tyler is also always seeking ways to improve his abilities, provide more options for this clients, and stay up to date on the latest trends and technology. I've never seen someone so excited over a new lens! Second, Tyler's interpersonal skills are fantastic. He understands what a wedding day means to each person in the room and is so great at handling the different personalities that come into play when hosting an event. I'm telling you this guy is venue approved, wedding coordinator approved, mother/mother in law approved, shy little flower girls approved, camera shy guests approved, rambunctious and very camera friendly guests approved, fun bridal party approved....whatever the needs are of the people attending and hosting your wedding, Tyler is able to capture it beautifully. He is warm and genuine, fun and creative, and vocal and gives direction when needed. It is the perfect balance. In addition to this, Tyler is receptive!! He genuinely wants you to love your photos. Whatever your likes or dislikes are, Tyler wants to hear them and will follow through with whatever you're looking for. He will provide his expertise and be honest about what he can offer while also allowing you to send as many ideas and "must have shots" as you wish. He listens to what you have to say and then he will work so hard to try to get every shot you ask for. I'm telling you this guy HAS IT ALL. After your wedding, the turn around time to receive your photos is lightening fast. But yet it does not lack quality. And if there is anything you want to fine tune later, you can! I'm telling you, HIRE HIM!!

Branka · Married on 04/29/2017

Tyler was the first vendor we booked! I immediately knew I wanted him to be our photographer. I loved his style. He was very attentive and easy to work with! We love looking back at the photos and reliving the beautiful moment.

Scratch Studios 16

JJ · Married on 11/25/2016

Tyler and I first worked together for headshots. He took them for me and my wife, and they turned out so well, we wanted him to capture our special day, as well. We had a nice fall ceremony at the Manhattan City Clerk's office. Tyler worked his magic on that day, staying in just the right spots to get some great snaps without us even noticing. I would recommend him for all of your professional photography needs. He's so incredibly easy to work with and is genuinely happy to be a part of your big day.

Scratch Studios 17

Megan · Married on 11/19/2016

I have known Tyler for over 10 years. Over those years, I've had the pleasure of watching his photography skills grow. My fiancé and I called Tyler only a few hours after we got engaged to lock him down as our photographer. Throughout our engagement, Tyler stayed in touch and worked with us to get an idea about our wedding style. I emailed him frequently as I was shopping for wedding decor and asked how he felt about it in regards to photographs. He always responded immediately with honest feedback. He was phenomenal on the day of he wedding as well! There were a few hiccups in our wedding (NONE were related to Tyler) that caused our timeline to be changed. He quickly went with the change and made sure to still get all of the pictures we wanted!! Tyler worked SEAMLESSLY with our videographers as well. The collaboration was phenomenal. I could go on and on about how awesome Tyler was at the wedding. I think the best part is how quickly Tyler got our photographs to us!! We are able to enjoy all of our photos so quickly after the wedding. I was shocked when we landed at the airport from our honeymoon to a text from Tyler stating that he was done editing and would be mailing our digital images within a day or so! I would recommend him to absolutely everyone. We could not have asked for a better photographer experience.

Kellie · Married on 10/15/2016

From the minute I got engaged, I knew Tyler was the photographer I was going to use. He is so incredibly talented and it's obvious in the way he conducts business that he is seasoned and knows exactly how to handle every situation. Tyler was so responsive and easy to communicate with during the planning process - from wedding day timeline to ideas for photos! On the day of my wedding, Tyler made me feel so comfortable and at ease. It was a low stress environment, he wanted to get natural photos so we joked around and laughed and it was definitely like having a friend in the room instead of a photographer. My husband doesn't like getting photos taken, but Tyler handled everything with such ease and relaxation, that we got incredible pictures throughout the entire day.

Tyler also helped me create a photo book for my husband as a wedding gift - and THAT was amazing. All of his photos he took for that were fun and creative and he made sure I was comfortable (above everything else). I highly recommend Tyler for any photography needs. His photos are amazing quality, he provided me with almost 900 images from my wedding that made me cry tears of joy all over again, and he captured moments that I will cherish forever. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer for my wedding.

Sara · Married on 09/03/2016

We can’t say enough great things about Tyler! We are from MD and he traveled to OBX, NC for us (at an incredibly affordable travel fee). We had plans for a beach wedding when a last minute hurricane formed and hit the day of our wedding. Tyler was upbeat, energetic and kept a positive attitude the entire day, all while making last minute decisions to find places indoor to get the perfect shots. The storm broke for about 20 mins before the reception and Tyler somehow managed to focus our 20 person bridal party, huge blended family and one year old daughter to get outdoor couples shots, family shots, and separate and combined bridal party shots. We still get compliments today from people that they are some of the best wedding pictures they have seen (and we agree)! We have also used Tyler for our engagement shoot and our family shoots for the past 2 years (including our young daughter and our dog) and we will continue to use him for years to come. His work speaks for itself, but what you don’t see is that Tyler is not only a great photographer but just an all around great person. He is laid back, energetic, fun and makes everyone feel comfortable. We love working with Tyler!

Melissa · Married on 07/09/2016

From the beginning, we knew Tyler would be the person to capture our engagement and wedding day. Our engagement photo shoot solidified for us exactly why we chose Tyler. He was prompt, engaging, and knowledgeable. I had worked with Tyler before but my husband had not. Tyler immediately put him at ease. We were absolutely thrilled when we received our engagement photos. The only struggle was narrowing them down because there were so many to choose from! Prior to our wedding day, Tyler was very responsive to any questions or concerns I had. On the day of, Tyler and a second shooter made all of our photography dreams come true. They captured every important moment of our day beautifully. One moment in particular comes to mind... my dad and I did a "first look" when I was done getting ready. My dad was very nervous, but Tyler walked him through the process. Tyler was there to capture what became one of the most special moments of the day. Throughout the day, Tyler was always there without feeling intrusive at any point. Many of our guests commented to us that every time they looked up Tyler was there capturing a special moment, but they never felt like he was on top of anyone at any point. Since our wedding day, my husband's cousin and one of my best friends have booked Tyler for their wedding! I am so thrilled that they have chosen Tyler as their photographer because he is everything you want in your photographer: professional, talented, kind, and truly exceptional.

Katie · Married on 05/29/2016

I actually grew up with Tyler. Our Dads have been friends since college. As soon as he started getting into photography I could tell how talented he was and that I had to have him one day for my wedding! Tyler agreed to travel back to Maryland for our engagement shoot and wedding. He agreed to meet us before sunrise for the engagement shoot and he was open to shooting at all of the places that we loved. On our wedding day, Tyler stuck by my side and made sure that he captured everything that we wanted. We couldn't have been happier with the photos and loved our time together with Tyler. :)

Emily · Married on 03/12/2016

From the minute we got engaged I knew Tyler was who I wanted to be our photographer! His pictures tell such a beautiful story! His professionalism, and expertise made him an obvious choice and his creativity and organization gave us every picture we wanted, and more! We were also pleasantly surprised as to how great of a value Tyler’s work was! Our pictures are gorgeous and we didnt have to break the bank. Thanks to Tyler we look back on our wedding photos with such joy!

Scratch Studios 18
    Scratch Studios 19
    Scratch Studios 20

Lyn · Married on 11/29/2015

Tyler is AMAZING. That's the bottom line. My wife and I met Tyler about a year and a half ago when he photographed our surprise engagement session when I proposed! From that moment on, we knew he would be the one to shoot our wedding too. Leading up to the day of, we exchanged ideas about the types of shots we wanted, what the venue looked like, timeline for the day of, etc. Tyler did not overlook a single detail and was incredibly professional, kind, and prompt. On the day of, he was there to photograph little moments that we didn't even think of, along with coordinating bigger shots with our bridal parties and families and everything in between. Every guest that interacted with him complimented his professionalism (and charm!) and he made everyone feel comfortable during posed pictures. The best part of it all is that the pictures are absolutely GORGEOUS. We are BEYOND thrilled to have chosen Tyler as our wedding photographer. He is the best of the best!

Alison · Married on 10/04/2015

I honestly cannot say enough good about Tyler! I was freaking out because I could not find a reasonably priced photographer with a photographing style that I liked. My friends suggested Tyler. From the moment my mom and I met him we loved him! He is so sweet and loveable but don't let that fool you because he had to organize a bridal party of fraternity boys and he got the job done! What I love about Tyler (other than his personality) is his style I LOVE the bright color of his photography. You know it is beyond good when your husband even comments on how brilliant and beautiful the photos are! I also love how he cared about me. I got married during a hurricane and Tyler very gently told me that before the ceremony we should not go outside because I paid for my hair and make-up. But during cocktail hour while running around taking pictures he also watched the weather outside to get us outside for photos at the perfect moment. And that he did. The photos are breath taking. So many people have commented, shared, and asked for copies of our wedding photos because they are absolutely breath taking. We are having the hardest time deciding what pictures to display and frame because there are SO many beautiful shots! Tyler is also your best bet for a first look. He captured it PERFECTLY! They are photos I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Catie · Married on 08/29/2015

We have nothing but fantastic things to say about Tyler as a person and a photographer. After working with him for our engagement photos, we immediately knew we needed him to be our wedding photographer. We felt so comfortable with Tyler behind the camera, and it showed in our pictures. Tyler gave us the perfect amount of direction, but also knew when to let us do our thing and be in the moment. Both our engagement and wedding photo's turned out more beautifully then i could have ever imagined. Words can not express the gratitude we have for Tyler for being able to capture all of the memories from our special day, all while being fun, creative, and professional at the same time. If i had the chance to redo my wedding day the one thing i know i would not change would be having Tyler as our photographer.

• Jillian

Jillian Kohler · Married on 07/25/2015

Would highly recommend!!

I found Tyler through the recommendations of friends.. we clicked immediately and had a great phone conversation to get an understanding our how my hopes for capturing my wedding could be achieved. Tyler was professional, but I also felt like I was working with a friend! He made me feel so comfortable and at ease. The photos turned out amazing and I am so glad I had the chance to get this awesome photographer for my special day! In all the craziness that leads up to a big event, Tyler made everything stress free.

Anna · Married on 07/05/2015

We were lucky enough to have Tyler shoot our wedding in July 2015. He was absolutely incredible! He truly took the time to get to know my husband and I and the style we were aiming for on our day. He also reached out on many occasions to ensure that I was happy and that we were getting our pictures shortly! Only took 2 weeks and we had 600+ perfect pictures to capture the most perfect day. Tyler truly loves what he does and was amazing to work with! I recommend Tyler to anyone that is looking for a photographer to capture any special moment!