Scratch Studios Reviews

Scratch Studios 6
Scratch Studios 7

Ashley Crabbs · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Tyler rocks!

Working with Tyler as our photographer for our wedding was an effortless experience. Tyler's prompts and directions were super easy to follow and he has a beautiful eye for artistic images. Tyler was efficient, but also thorough -- we would definitely recommend him to any couple!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Simota · Getting married on 06/26/2020

Amazing! Great NYC Engagement Photo Session

Tyler was great from the beginning; super responsive and very informative. He knows great spots the SoHo and DUMBO areas of NYC that really gave our pictures the look we were hoping for. We really enjoyed shooting with Tyler! Very highly recommend!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Tara

Tara Rose · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Amazing Elopement Photos

My husband and I hired Tyler to take elopement photos at our small ceremony near the park by our home. Tyler is super personable, communicative, and fun to work with. And the photos he took are absolutely stunning and magical. We're so glad we found Tyler and are looking forward to working with him at our big reception next year. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2019
    Scratch Studios 8
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding and Engagement Photos

Tyler was absolutely amazing for our engagement photos and our wedding day! He made us so comfortable and did a great job of capturing our personalities in the photos. He was extremely fast getting our pictures back to us, as well!

Sent on 10/21/2019
    Scratch Studios 9

Karen Schmitt · Married on 09/14/2019

AMAZING, Highly recommend booking Tyler @ Scratch Studios

Tyler was amazing to work with, not only was he flexible and willing to do whatever shots we wanted, he also made us feel comfortable and very special! Tyler also came prepared with shots he wanted to take, some of which are my favorite ones. Tyler was very efficient and captured our special day perfectly, there was not one picture we wanted that he did not take. Our pictures turned out AMAZING, not to mention, they were all edited and sent over only a week after the wedding! I highly recommend booking with Scratch Studios!

Sent on 09/23/2019
    Scratch Studios 15
    Scratch Studios 16

Christina Stutz · Married on 09/01/2019

The best of the best!

I was my twin sisters maid of honor and knew my sister had high expectations for the photography at her wedding.
    Tyler DID NOT disappoint.
    He was professional, friendly, easy to work with, and everyone In the bridal party loved him.
    He has great ideas for unique photos as well as beautiful skills for traditional photography.
    We can’t thank him enough for his ability to capture these moment that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Stutz · Married on 09/01/2019

Best photographer ever.

Tyler was simply fantastic, I can’t express how efficient, professional, and fun Tyler was to work with. He was very flexible with his pricing and gave us exactly what we wanted for the hours we needed. The day of the wedding Tyler was awesome. He was very helpful with managing family members and made the family photos so quick and painless. At the end of the day, the photos turned out amazing and the photographer turned out to be the easiest part of the whole wedding process!

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Scratch Studios 17
    Scratch Studios 18
    Scratch Studios 19
  • Danielle

Danielle Mikoloski · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Tyler was my wedding photographer this August. Not only is Tyler a amazing with his creative and beautiful photography, but he is prompt, organized, outgoing, and he made the whole experience perfect for my groom and I!

Sent on 08/29/2019
    Scratch Studios 20
    Scratch Studios 21
  • Bond

Bond Vo · Married on 08/10/2019

Great experience. High quality photos & fast turnaround editing time. :-)

Our photographer (Gaby) and Tyler from Scratch Studios were a pleasure to work with. The photos turned out great. All the candid key moments we were hoping for were beautifully captured in addition to pre-specified photos we requested (along with various ad hoc request from family members during the event). They were super flexible, accommodating and operated independently (which was greatly appreciated!) . In addition, the turnaround for the edited photos was extremely quick (without sacrificing quality). We would definitely recommend Scratch studios for any couple’s wedding. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 07/19/2019

Unbelievable photos and the BEST overall experience!

Tyler was amazing from start to finish. His personality, energy, and ability to capture moments so beautifully while keeping the schedule for the day moving fluidly are all just a small fraction of what makes him the absolute best decision we made! He was super organized and communicative, and his extensive experience helped make our day run so smoothly. He was great with keeping the group family shots moving, and maintained a positive and fun attitude throughout, even on our extremely hot, 100 degrees in the shade day. His assistant Daquan was also extremely talented and provided even more amazing photos of our day, from different perspectives and angles which made them even more fun to go through, and even more difficult to choose our favorites!
    I would 100% recommend Tyler at Scratch Studios. In fact, he's already been hired to photograph my sister's wedding next spring! From top to bottom, the most professional, talented, and overall wonderful photographer!!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    Scratch Studios 27
  • W

Wells · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing!!!

When my husband and I started to look for photographers, we knew we wanted someone who could capture the genuine emotions and candid moments of our big day, because we felt like we could be stiff and awkward in front of a camera. As we scrolled through Tyler's works, we both fell instantly in love with his photos, editing style, and most of all, his ability to capture "the moment" full of emotion and story!

In working with Tyler, we find him to be very professional, flexible, and patient. He gives great directions, which lessened our awkwardness and made us feel comfortable to be ourselves. Tyler was very flexible. The day of, we threw him a curve ball and told him we felt like we needed to walk around to the 18 tables and take pictures with everyone. Tyler took it like a champ (had to delay his own dinner) and helped us to move around the tables quickly and easily, making sure we didn't get caught up too long at any one table so that we could still enjoy the wedding.

An absolute delight and pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Emily Hordesky · Married on 06/01/2019

Dream Photographer

I have the pleasure of seeing Tyler’s work with my a lot of my friends’ weddings and knew, the moment I got engaged, that I wanted him to do my wedding. He has a way of making people feel comfortable and natural, even during the awkward staged wedding photos. Tyler communicates with the bride/groom, bridal party, friends, family, and venue staff with such professionalism. He captures the most precious/special moments of your biggest day without being distracting. The moment Tyler arrived at the venue, my stressed level drastically decreased because I knew he’d be there to help guide our group through each phase of the day. His ideas for poses, knowledge of optimal lighting/backdrops, and passion for capturing intimate moments is unmatched. Tyler is an absolute master behind the lens and I am so grateful we were lucky enough to have him on our big day. We also got our pictures back about a week or so after the wedding, which is insane!! Reviewing the pictures after our honeymoon was so special because it let us revisit such a special day. I 100% recommend Tyler and will definitely be reaching out for his help capturing future life events!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Carl

Carl Hordesky · Married on 06/01/2019

Photography for daughter’s wedding.

This wedding was the first for oldest (daughter) of my three children. For many years, and up through the planning phase, I held a firm position that photographers - especially wedding photographers - are grossly over-priced and can be replaced with services and/or favors from friends and family with decent results.
    Tyler blew that position out of the water!!
    His work is spectacular. It’s professional. It’s very high quality. He captured scenes that bring the wedding back to life. He also has a pleasant demeanor that makes for s comfortable working relationship. His work was not only worth it but I consider it a bargain.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/25/2019

Excellent to work with

Tyler was the most professional and most pleasant vendor we worked with for our wedding. His work speaks for itself, so what I will further comment on is Tyler himself. He put everyone at ease. His presence was calming and uplifting. He was there for and captured every moment, but wasn't intrusive. During formal group photos, he was directive and efficient without being the least bit bossy or rude. He made a plan with us ahead of time, and he made it happen ahead of schedule. We are in love with the photos from our wedding, and we can't thank Tyler enough!!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Emily · Married on 05/18/2019

Tyler photographed our engagement pictures and our wedding day. He was truly amazing!

I would 100% recommend Tyler! He was amazing to work with and my pictures turned out better than I could have imagined! He was very flexible for the day of my wedding and captured everything I would have wanted him to. He was also great at getting my rowdy wedding party organized for all of our pictures after the ceremony :) What I especially loved was the quick turn around getting all of our wedding pictures back!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2019

Personable team of photographers

Nick and Christie were amazing photographers to work with and the kind of people you'd want around on your wedding day. I felt very comfortable with them there and they were very flexible and fun to work with. Even though they hadn't been to our venue before they scoped out a location for couple portraits I never would have thought of and those are my favorite photos of my husband and I! Tyler did an amazing job editing the photos and got us them back in 2 weeks! They were all very responsive and followed through on all of our requests. I'd definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Tara · Married on 05/04/2019

Such a fun experience working with Tyler!

We are so glad to have had Tyler photograph our wedding! He did a great job of providing direction during the formal photo shoot but kept the mood light and fun. We wanted to stay away from the cheesier shots and he struck a great balance of the more traditional poses with plenty of casual, fun stuff mixed in as well. Thank you so much Tyler!!!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Hsini · Married on 04/28/2019

Tyler is absolutely the best!

I found Tyler through Instagram posts. I went through at least 200 photographer’s profiles. Tyler was our top choice. We love the color of his pictures and the artistry and perspective is just amazing. We were also looking for someone who has experiences taking pictures for gay couples. And we were extremely happy with the result!!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Jodi · Married on 03/23/2019

Calm and collected

I found Tyler through the wedding wire. Tyler stays calm and collected even as the stress of the day arrives. He was incredibly easy to work with and very communicative. He answered questions quickly via email and did not mind hopping on the phone with me. A shot list was helpful and made the time for photos very efficient. Tyler captures photos in the moment as well as those that we requested. He is quick and makes you feel good and natural, although I would not have minded a little coaching (if I was not standing straight, or it wasn't my best angle!). I received the album within two weeks! I mean, how's that for on top of his game?!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Eric

Eric Wyatt · Married on 12/29/2018

Tyler is incredible!!!

I booked Tyler without ever meeting him, but I had fallen in love with his work. He captured my engagement perfectly, we were blown away!! He got to the shoot site early and helped set up the rooftop perfectly, placing flowers and other items in the perfect position to capture the best lighting for the shoot. His ability to capture the raw emotions of the day was really what set him apart from any other photographer I have ever worked with. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Jeremy

Jeremy Henry-Tan · Married on 12/14/2018

Phenomenal!

Photographing with Tyler was an incredible experience! I was recommended Scratch Studios by a friend and her mother, and my husband and I found his aesthetic style to be exactly what we were looking for. He was accommodating, professional, and a hit with the family members – he exuded just the right amount of warmth and tact to impart a sense of urgency to the crowd and to get all the photographs done in a timely fashion. Tyler was great on communication despite all of our busy work schedules, so my husband and I always felt we had a grasp of what to expect, and there were no surprises with payments or file delivery. We are so happy with the photographs and hopefully, we’ll have a chance to work with him again one of our friends’ wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Scratch Studios 32
    Scratch Studios 33

Katie · Married on 11/15/2018

Talented, Accomaditing and Fun - Bridesmaid Opinion

I was recently a bridesmaid in a wedding that Tyler/Scratch Studios had been hired to shoot. It was an absolute joy working with Tyler. The photos came out beautifully and it is clear he is well seasoned is his field. We received clear directions from him and were surprised at how quickly Tyler captured everything he needed (huge win for everyone in dresses on a cold day!). On top of his talent Tyler was warm, communicated well and added to our day with a fun, calm and often funny demeanor. He made sure our bride was happy and it was clear he established what she (the bride) wanted out of her wedding photos before the day of so she wasn’t worried on her big day and could enjoy herself. Would highly recommend Tyler & Scratch Studios

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • I

Ian Tordi-Devine · Married on 11/11/2018

Photography Royalty

Tyler from Scratch Studios was absolutely everything we could have imagined and wished for on our special day! He helped make us feel calm and casual during the photos which definitely lends to the natural love captured in each shot. He recommended that we do a “First Look” and I am so glad that we took his advice. It gave us that moment alone to really take one another in before our ceremony and helped get a little bit of the jitters out. The first look photos are breathtaking as well and captured a moment we will cherish forever. Tyler was professional, friendly, and made everyone feel like a superstar, especially us. I can’t recommend Scratch Studios enough!

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 11/04/2018

An incredible photographer with an even better personality!

Tyler from Scratch Studios was absolutely amazing! He was super responsive when I first reached out to hire him. Whenever I had questions about the big day, he was incredibly quick to respond, gave his suggestions, and made me feel like he would be there to support me. When time got closer, he included me on the second shooter decision. I felt like I had a say--he made me feel important and that I was comfortable with her style/tone of pictures. Our second shooter was Rebecca Burt.

As the day came even closer, it was apparent that he was getting as excited as I was! He assured me over and over again that he would be there to support me, and anything I needed, he was there. We texted the day before, and when he came in, he was smiling and so happy to see everyone. He worked well with our videographers and everyone seemed to get along and throw out ideas. Nothing was off the table, and that's what we wanted. He was so communicative throughout the day, my (now) husband loved him too! We had no idea that him and Rebecca hadn't worked together--there was so much laughter and cohesion that they fooled everyone. Rebecca was super professional and great with jumping in and throwing out ideas as well. They truly seemed like this wasn't their first rodeo! He made all of us laugh and put us at ease. Neither of us really like to be in front of the camera, but he kept throwing out compliments, and he made us feel so good.

I can't recommend him enough. His communication, enthusiasm, editing, professionalism, EVERYTHING! He is a big part of why I just want to continue reliving my day over and over again. Hire Tyler--he will make you laugh, feel absolutely gorgeous and that you are KILLING IT in front of that camera.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Holly Spangler · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing photographer, went above and beyond for our event!

We had an amazing experience with Tyler as our wedding photographer! I came in completely unprepared without a list of shots or any idea what I wanted for pictures, and he completely directed all the photos and went above and beyond, constantly asking if there was anything he could do to help. I would recommend him to anyone needing a photographer!

Sent on 10/23/2018