Scratch Event Catering Reviews

5 | Dayton, OH

5 Reviews for Scratch Event Catering

Erica · Married on 06/09/2018

We just had our wedding last week and Scratch Catering did an incredible job. We heard all night from our guests how wonderful time food was, and they were so professional, easy to communicate with, and all around did a great job making sure everything went smoothly. My husband and I loved the customization of the menu--the food really reflected our goal of "fancy comfort food" and it was so creative and delicious. The custom ice cream flavors were a huge hit as well. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Sydney · Married on 09/25/2017

My now husband (!) and I live in New York, and we really wanted to find a caterer for our Ohio wedding that would cater to our New York friends' sophisticated tastes without alienating the kids and family from more rural places in attendance. Scratch knew exactly how to do that, and the execution was flawless!
    We came to them with lots of dietary restrictions, including a desire to have a vegan/gluten-free/nut-free dish to offer... the dish was flavorful and didn't make our guests with allergies feel like they were neglected or left out. The service was perfect, and they were totally accommodating about fitting an amazing experience into our budget. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/20/2017

BEST. DAY. EVER. and folks are still talking about the food. Working with Chef Matt and team was a delight. Their menu paired perfectly with our shabby chic wedding in Dayton, OH. A delicious selection for both the cocktail hour and dinner - our friends and family were raving and ranting about how amazing the catering was. We loved working with Scratch! Definitely recommend to any bride to be and family with wedding plans in the near future!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Scratch catered my husband's 40th birthday celebration. I knew I made the right decision when I learned from the venue that Chef Matt had visited the space before I even hired him. He was open to all of my menu ideas and worked with me on the budget. The venue did not have a kitchen, but Chef Matt and his team set up their own! The food was AMAZING! People are still talking about the food. The service was also impeccable. Anything I needed, they took care. They went above and beyond. Simply fabulous!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Heather · Married on 10/12/2013

Scratch is absolutely amazing! I heard about them from another bride & after her raving review I knew we needed to look into them! If you want a custom true to yourself and your partner’s taste at your wedding or event book them now! They list what menus they have done in the past on their website, but NOTHING stops Chef Matt Hayden from creating a custom menu for you! He asked us our favorite meals, where we had traveled, & got to know us. He literally had never tried or really knew about a dish from New Zealand that we loved, Pavlova. We described it & he Googled it while on the phone with us & he was up for the challenge! He did a trial of it for our tasting & it was divine! It was even better when he perfected it for the actually wedding. Now, the food at the wedding, people were blown away. Our limo driver said, “I eat a lot of wedding meals, like a ton, and this is hands down the best one I have ever had!” We got similar responses from guests, our photographer, the band, etc. We didn’t have one negative comment, accept someone complaining they wish they had more room in their stomach for more food!
    Here is a story & I know this was a special circumstance, but it goes to show that Chef Matt is not only an amazing chef, but person as well. We were scheduled to do our tasting on January 16, but on December 26 I was in an accident where I broke my back. Lucky, to walk away, I was limited in my ability to go out & such. We cancelled our tasting for the 16th. My bday is January 22nd, I was bummed about being stuck at home for my bday & cancelling the tasting. My fiancée called Chef Matt told him the full situation & asked asked Chef Matt if there was any way he would come to our home & cook our tasting menu for my birthday. Chef Matt, without hesitation, said, “Yes, I never do these sort of things, but yes I will be there!” While I was sold even before the tasting, I was 110% sold after the tasting!
    Book him and his team NOW! You are just wasting time l

Sent on 11/16/2013