Scott's Seafood On The River Reviews

33 | Sacramento, CA

33 Reviews for Scott's Seafood On The River

33 Scott's Seafood On The River Reviews

Jon Williams · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing Venue and Amazing Coordinator!

The venue was absolutely amazing! My wife and I had our wedding ceremony along the river and reception in the tent. Every single guest has commented on how elegant the venue looked. Even if you don’t bring additional decorations to add, the venue with no additions looks like a completely polished and complete venue.

I’m addition to the absolutely stunning setting the food and service was beyond excellent. Every guest had more than enough food and I’m still receiving messages about how good each item was. We had some guests with food allergies and we were assured during the whole process that they would take extra care for our guests allergy needs.

One of the biggest highlights was the wedding coordinator Courtney Reading! I can honestly say she was insurmountable in making our wedding happen so perfectly. She ensured every aspect of the wedding ran smoothly and even came back to the room to help bustle my wife’s dress, I would have been no help. Courtney went above and beyond, even leaving a sweet note in our room for us to see at the end of the night. I would not hesitate to recommend her for any event that I might need to hold.

Overall I can’t imagine a better venue and can say that having Scott’s handle a large portions of the services all in house made our lives so much easier. I will recommend Scott’s and Courtney to anyone I know planning a wedding.

Jeannette · Married on 07/14/2018

We were just married on July 14th, and had our reception at Scotts Seafood on the River. We were so happy with services that we received. Courtney was AMAZING. She held my hand walked me through every step of planning the most WONDERFUL reception. Prior to the reception my husband was a bit put off with the cost. After the reception he was EXTREMELY pleased with every aspect of the wedding package we purchased (coordinator, decorator, food, guest rooms, etc.), and agreed that the cost was well worth it. We definitely got what we paid for. THANK YOU SO MUCH COURTNEY!!!!

Robbie · Married on 04/27/2018

My husband and I were married in April of 2018 at Scott's on the River and we could not have made a better choice for our venue. Their Wedding Coordinator, Courtney, worked tirelessly to make sure our day went as planned – she actually went above and beyond to make sure every aspect of your needs are met and you get exactly what you want. She truly made me feel like I was the only bride in the world.
    As for the venue itself -- the food was delicious and everything was perfect! Their staff worked behind the scenes to make sure everything was handled and all of the guests had what they needed since our attention was limited at best. Courtney had a vendor recommendation list that worked out great since I had no idea where to start with the planning and we were pleased with the services provided by all of them. As for the quality of service provided by Scott’s and their staff – a 5-star rating! Everyone is so professional and helpful. They really went above and beyond to help us make our day feel like we were the only ones that mattered.
    Lastly, I really hoped that people felt the spiritual aspect of our union, as that was the most important part of my own planning. My husband and I met based on our joint faith and we really wanted people to know how much GOD had a hand in us being together. Courtney set up our "communion" table and made sure everything was in place prior to the start of the wedding. I really cannot say enough about choosing this venue for our wedding, we were more than pleased.

Scott's Seafood On The River 2

Heather · Married on 09/30/2017

A beautiful venue with amazing food! And Courtney Reading is an amazing coordinator! She helped us have such a perfect wedding day!

Scott's Seafood On The River 3
    Scott's Seafood On The River 4

Mary · Married on 07/29/2017

We had our wedding on July 29 and Courtney was so amazing. She was such a delight to work especially since we had two ceremonies back to back and a reception all in the same day. They were also able to help with our specialized indian American infused menu . So many people have completed how the wedding was so beautiful and well organized!!

Debbie · Married on 06/25/2017

An excellent experience from start to finish. Our wedding was a dream come true and our Wedding coordinator, Courtney Reading, was amazing. The location, food, and service made everything perfect. We highly recommend it.
    Bill and Debbie Meyer.

Shannon · Married on 05/27/2017

Courtney Reading from Scott's is amazing and truly made our wedding planning experience a breeze. She is super responsive on email and is just a delightful person to answer all your questions, and walk you through the wedding process. She makes sure that you have the most wonderful day and take it all in, because before you know it, it's over.

She also coordinates all of the typical (and very stressful) vendor stuff, because it is all provided by Scott's which is great! Scott's provides all of the tables, chairs, flatware, dishes, glasses that you could need. The location is beautiful and super convenient. We were married in the tent, which is beautifully draped, and now has new lighting, thanks to Courtney.

Overall our experience was amazing. Scott's and the Westin Hotel really make an effort to take care of you and your guests. The food is amazing, and you cannot beat Courtney's service.

We would not hesitate to have other events here, but only if Courtney plans! :)

Sent on 02/16/2017

Scott's Seafood On The River's reply:

SHANNON!!!!!! OMGoodness, I am beyond excited that you not only chose Scott's Seafood on the River to celebrate your special day, but that I get to be apart of your day to ensure it goes off without a hitch. Thank you so much for the sweet review, 4 months to go!!!

Ann · Married on 10/02/2016

If you want a romantic convenient but affordable wedding this one place is for you. The wedding ceremony is next to the reception tent so right after the ceremony ends the guests can easily walk in the tent for dinner. The western hotel is right behind the reception tent so if you family need a place to rest after the party it's really nice for them to stay at! Courtney is the wedding cooperator who would help you plan your wedding and make sure everything goes right on your wedding day. She's so lovely and professional. She was a great help on my wedding , she is the best! The staffs at Scott are awesome, they make sure you are well taking care of! Such a great experience with the venue! Definitely recomend all my family and friends have party there!

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2016

Let me start off with Courtney, she is beyond amazing! We changed our wedding venue last minute to have something more intimate, and in only 3 weeks! I spoke with courtney who helped me through everything as far as set up and checking in to make sure i had everything i needed. She was always there to help and made the process so easy!! She set everything up on my wedding day and made sure everything was perfect! I couldn't have asked for anyone better to coordinate our big day. As for scotts, we had our reception on the North patio which was so lovely! The fire pits were all lit up as well as some lighting along the patio, it was truly beautiful . From service to food everything was fantastic! I'm so happy with how everything turned out! If you plan on having your wedding there i highly recommend it!

Chelsea · Married on 06/04/2016

Choosing Scott's Seafood on the River for our wedding venue was the best decision. Not only was the venue beautiful, great location, and great place to stay/get ready at, the pièce de résistance was Courtney. She was with us during the whole planning (over a year!), taking time to respond to emails from both myself and my mom, as well as phone calls. She has worked with weddings in some capacity for numerous years, and it showed - her questions on planning were often things I hadn't thought of, but then was happy to have the chance to provide my input/preference! She is a rock star, and especially for the day-of! Having Courtney all day to help guide through timelines and making sure everything went smoothly was the best. At one point the special pens for our guestbook couldn't be found by my brother (we had three wine bottles, 1)Introducing, 2) Mr&Mrs, 3)Anderson + date, for people to write on) but Courtney was able to locate and save the day! She even had a tissue ready and calmed me down when I was about to walk down the aisle and started crying (a bit of a surprise to myself!). I cannot say enough how wonderful Courtney is and how great the venue is!

The food was a big part of our decision for selecting the venue - we loved Scott's menu selection and bar policy. I especially loved hearing from my friend how great the service was. One of my friends had become a vegetarian and I wasn't aware, so hadn't marked them down for a special meal. The head chef overheard my friend mention to his friend casually that he had a limited selection since he didn't eat meat. The head chef went on to make him a vegetarian dish, on the fly, and delivered it to him personally. My friend wasn't even complaining, but loved the attention to detail and service, which was not expected or anticipated.

Truly, excellent staff, setting, everything. Can't say enough for how great the day was.

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

As a bride I couldn’t have dreamed of a better day, there were absolutely ZERO issues, everything was gorgeous and flawless. The entire team was outstanding. Michaela and Courtney were on top of everything; banquet manager was also on top of everything during dinner service.
    The Ceremony was GORGEOUS, planning and prepping was a breeze, and the day of was smooth! Cocktail Hour and Reception were FANTASTIC, venue looked gorgeous and food was amazing.
    My husband and I cannot say anything other than it was amazing and the team at Scott’s is outstanding. If you are fortunate enough to book your wedding at Scotts, you will not be disappointed.

Kim · Married on 09/26/2015

I chose Scott's as WE LOVE Scott's On the River....
    Our Gals, were, top shelf a 10 all the way... Professional, Helpful. Friendly, The venue is Gorgeous, and The Food The Delectable... We went All out with Seafood tower, Prime Rib, Turkey, and various other foods, as Our wedding was a Huge Cocktail party, with Several Delicious Appetizers, to feed Everyone, and fill them up...
    The compliments we have received, have been fabulous, In fact many have said THE BEST WEDDING ever.... and this Our 2nd marriages..... so many adults at Our wedding have been to Many Many weddings.... Do Yourself a favor check out Scott's, we were married right at the River's edge, Romantic & Just what We Loved & wanted....

Toni · Married on 09/12/2015

As the Mother of Bride I just want to say how pleased I was with this Venue. Not only was it a beautiful place for the ceremony and the reception the service we received from the Wedding Coordinators (Michaela & Courtney) was remarkable. Both the ceremony and the reception went without a hitch. Michaela kept telling me we've got everything handled and she did. I was able to actually enjoy all the moments that day before the wedding with my daughter and bridesmaids without a worry. When I went to check on the reception setup I was more than pleased with the work that they did.
    The serving staff and bartender were excellent not to mention how delicious the meals were. Every meal was delivered on time and the right temperature. The meal was as if we were guests in the restaurant and not serving 100 people at once.
    I chose vendors from a list that Scott's gave me and I was also very please with those as well.
    I would definitely recommend this venue.

Brittany · Married on 10/18/2014

We are beyond happy with our experience/ service at Scott's Sea Food. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, everyone told me to be prepared for "something to go wrong" but our day went better than planned! I am so thankful for Leslie who helped organize everything. She was so amazing and went above and beyond for me, my husband, and our families. Leslie is the best at what she does. The special detail she put in to our wedding was so heart felt and personal. I am so thankful that she was there to help with everything and put my mind at ease. The food was great, the bartenders and service was outstanding, and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. It was such a beautiful and special day that we will never forget and we are so very thankful for all of the staff who helped make our day so special and perfect.

Heather · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot express enough how beyond happy I am to have chosen Scott's as our wedding venue. There is not a single thing I would have changed about our wedding day (not even the heat!). The entire staff at Scott's (including restaurant staff) were amazing and made us feel so special from months leading up to the day of and even today when we still visit.
    Leslie, the wedding coordinator, reminds you what service is about. During the entire year of planning she kept in constant contact to ensure our special day was exactly how we wanted it and really listened to our major concerns. Our top priority was the food, we knew the restaurant had good food, but we wanted to make sure our guest did not receive the traditional cold mass catered meal...and let me tell you, they still rave about it. We kept in contact and saw Leslie so often that she truly became a new friend to us, not just the "wedding coordinator."
    The improvements they made to this year's tent had me in tears when I saw the beautiful chandeliers they put up. The view of the river is breath taking and the ambience was absolutely romantic and had such a private feel as we were below the building hidden by a hill.
    Scott's is and will always be "our" special place.

I recommend Scott's Seafood On The River for anyone who's looking for an outdoor venue. I love the gorgeous views this venue provides. My ceremony and reception were outdoors by the river's edge (they have an optional indoor reception). The food is excellent. What I also highly valued was their service, particularly with the venue's wedding coordinator, Leslie. She was so wonderful to work with on the planning of my wedding. Throughout the whole year of planning, she answered all my questions thoroughly and promptly (and I had so many!) and she made so many accomodations for me. On the day of my wedding, Leslie and her team set up everything the way I had asked. I will always remember the high quality of service that Scott's Seafood provided for me.

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2014

I had the most wonderful experience planning my wedding with Scott's seafood / the westin sacramento. Leslie goes above and beyond, she's easy to talk to, she listens, and takes care of pretty much everything. The staff of the hotel was warm and incredibly nice to all our guests. If you want the white tent wedding along the water get married here. My wedding was absolutely beautiful.

Kacy · Married on 05/03/2014

Scott's Seafood on the River is the most beautiful place to have your wedding. We had our ceremony and reception outside and the river in the background was to die for! We received so many compliments on our choice of venue and everyone had a fantastic time. Leslie was our coordinator and she was absolutley fabulous; so easy to work with, contact and talk to. We became fast friends which made the wedding planning process fun and exciting.
    Anyone would love this place for their wedding and it is so convenient since they pretty much take care of everything - food, tables/chairs, set-up, take down - you won't regret it if you decide to go with this vendor!!!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Scott's Seafood On The River's reply:

Kacy!! Thank you for your sweet words! I not only had fun planning with you, Gary and your mom but also cutting-a-rug dancing with you on the dance floor at the wedding! Take Care and I look forward to seeing you when you visit the restaurant!

Tia · Married on 12/21/2013

Scott's Seafood On The River with Leslie (Event Coordinator) created a wedding that far exceeded my expectations. The venue was beautiful, inviting and accommodating to everyone. Leslie was absolutely amazing throughout our wedding planning process. From offering ideas to minimizing/alleviating our concerns before and on wedding day.

Our Ceremony and Wedding was held at Scott's which made for an easier transition and guest engagement. Our wedding will definitely be one to remember. A special Thanks to Scott's Seafood, The Westin and staff. We had a Fabulous time and recommend this venue to all future Bride's.

Amazing venue!!! Everyone who worked with us to put on our special day was an absolute pleasure! The food from Scott's was delicious and they were very accommodating with special requests. Most of our guests stayed at The Westin and had a wonderful time! We absolutely love everything, and wish we could live it all over again!

Lora · Married on 09/21/2013

Leslie and the rest of the Scott's Seafood crew did an AMAZING job on coordinating my wedding. Leslie is very kind and caring. After our first meeting I knew that she great at her job and that she loves what she does. I was planning my wedding from Maryland which meant that I had to really trust my wedding coordinator and Leslie made it very easy to trust her. I would not change one thing about my wedding. Leslie was very responsive to my questions, concerns, comments, etc. She would respond to my emails or phone calls very quickly. Leslie is AWESOME!! On the big day, Leslie went above and beyond for me, my husband, my family, and my guests. I would recommended Scott's Seafood to anybody and everybody. It's a beautiful venue with caring and professional people working there.

Sent on 02/09/2014

Scott's Seafood On The River's reply:

Lora you were so awesome the whole planning process, I absolutely enjoyed working with you coast to coast! Thank you for your lovely feedback and I wish you and Michael the very best! -Leslie

Marsha · Married on 06/02/2012

Le Rivage was a fantastic venue for our wedding. Chelsey is incredibly helpful, knowledgable, and friendly. She answered all of our questions, big or small without hesitation.

We had many guests who stayed at the hotel and they all LOVED their rooms. The setting was beautiful and gave us plenty of opportunities for fantastic photos.

As far as staff, everyone we encountered along the way was helpful and made sure that we were well taken care of. The food was excellent.

Overall a fantastic experience.

• MsPCS

Jasmine · Married on 11/03/2011

I had my "elopement" here back in 2011. It was amazing a small ceremony by the fireplace because it was a windy day outside. We then had a small dinner in the back of the restaurant. My suite was amazing and it was just amazing. Their on site photographer took some pictures the staff was great. I don't have anything bad to say. If I was going to have our big wedding in Sacramento this place would be it hands down!!!

Thank you guys!!!

Gina · Married on 10/09/2011

A beautiful place for a wedding ceremony AND reception. In my opinion is is the most beautiful place in Sacramento, CA for a wedding and my reason for initially choosing this as my wedding venue. Chelsey, the event coordinator, is fabulous to work with - very knowledgeable, professional, helpful, responsive. For dinner, we went with the plated dinner options, offering our guests their choice of either marinated skirt steak, grilled prawn skewers, or grilled chicken - all entrees were exceptionally good. We received many compliments on the food from our guests which made me very happy. All in all, this venue not only met, but exceeded my expectaions and I couldn't have had a better wedding day thanks to their outstanding facilities and professionalism.