Scott Trugman DJ Services Reviews

103 | Scotts Valley, CA

103 Reviews for Scott Trugman DJ Services

Michael Flynn · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Scott Trugman - Outstand DJ in all respects. Don't think twice: Hire Him!

Scott is a classy gentleman and the best DJ I have ever engaged (five weddings under my belt). We engaged Scott to DJ for my wife Pam's 70th Birthday Party (she gives meaning to the phrase: 70 is the new 50 :) -- the party was almost like a mini-wedding reception, a mix of grandchildren, millennials, Gen Xers and Boomers. After brief discussion with me, he intuited just the right mix of songs and music to keep our guests tapping their feet and dancing. And as mentioned, he is a gentleman in all respects! I can't recommend highly enough. Don't think twice: Hire him! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Emma

Emma Chee · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Best DJ ever - for reasons you might not expect!

Scott was extremely helpful in the planning of our Reception. Super organised and really approachable. Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 and the fact that this was a destination wedding, my fiance and I have decided to elope, so we haven't had the pleasure of working with Scott in person. Scott was very understanding when it came to our cancellation. We are blown away by the kindness he has shown us. Fully recommend Scott as a DJ, if for no other reason that he's just a great bloke!

Sent on 05/10/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Barron · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Worth every dollar!!!

Scott is soo great at what he does! He was the DJ at my work holiday party. He was fun, interactive, and transitions to his songs were super smooth. He also knows how to work the crowd and get everyone off their seats. Holiday parties are usually pretty awkward, but he really made the event special and fun! I am looking forward to having him DJ my wedding in May. Another review will be posted then!

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/09/2020

Scott made hiring a DJ such an easy task. He knows what he is doing and makes it so easy for the couple and he does a fabulous job. We hired him for our wedding and he worked so hard the whole time and did an excellent job

Sent on 03/05/2018
  • Phillip

Phillip Scott · Married on 03/14/2020

Scott is amazing

Scott is an amazing DJ and an amazing person. He is very knowledgeable and very understanding. My now wife and I had no idea what what to expect and what questions we would need to be answered. Scott walked us through the whole process and helped every step of the way. We had a great time and can't recommend Scott enough. He is amazing and decently priced.

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Avery

Avery B Cromwell · Married on 12/21/2019

Amazing DJ for a magical night.

We could not be happier with our decision to have Scott Trugman DJ our wedding. He was fantastic to work with while planning the wedding and during the wedding he made our special day magical. The dance floor was constantly full with all our friends and family dancing to music from a variety of genres. He incorporated all of our requests perfectly and played crowd-pleasing hits. In the week after our wedding we have been barraged in compliments from our guests who loved our music. So if you are looking for a DJ for a special event in your life I could not recommend Scott enough.

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

Scott was incredible to work with! He was so responsive and professional! He really let us run with our initial song requests while making some great suggestions. He managed our timeline with grace and discretion throughout the night when we would run over time with photos and guest greetings! AND the best part is that he played GREAT jams and kept the dance floor packed with guests! We cannot wait to have him DJ another event! Its true when they say guests remember the music from weddings, and we got nothing but compliments! Thank you DJ Scott!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Elisa Peterson · Married on 08/17/2019

Worth every penny

Scott was by far the best wedding DJ I could have hoped for. Almost every guest who complimented the wedding, mentioned the DJ as being so helpful and nice, and playing great songs. They also mentioned that he helped out with a lot of setup before the wedding (not in his job description, and not being paid extra for it). He far exceeded mine and my husband’s expectations. Highly highly recommend booking him!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Laurel

Laurel · Married on 08/11/2019

Thanks to Scott, our wedding was perfect.

PERFECT. We hired Scott to meet two objectives 1) We wanted to be 100% sure everyone had a good time (my definition: happy and dancing), and 2) We didn't want to worry about the first objective. We initially intended to just use our playlists, but finally decided it would be easier for a professional to make sure the mood was perfect the whole time. We didn't want to be worrying about it. After deciding to work with Scott, we chose dozens of songs from his playlist of thousands in advance, and told Scott, "this is the kind of music we like." And we had an eclectic mix: (Tupac to Dolly Parton-eclectic) And.... he killed it. From the ceremony to the cocktail hour, the first dance, through to after midnight, when the place was hoppin'. Not only did everyone have an amazing time (smiling and dancing), but I never worried. He also helped us plan and figure out what we were doing when, and recommended some songs, all of which were perfect. He did not grab attention more than appropriate, but did pull off a great one-liner (which he checked with me first) that made everyone clap and laugh just before dinner. Yep, he kept us in the perfect mood throughout and I can't recommend him enough. Thanks Scott.!!!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 08/03/2019

Scott rocks!

We found Scott by searching sites like Wedding Wire for DJ's with great reviews and I'm so delighted to be adding to those reviews!!

My husband and I tied the knot on 8/3/2019 in Soquel, CA and we were simply thrilled with our DJ, Scott Trugman!
    Music/audio played a very important role in our big day. We had specific requirements for 4 stages of our day: ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner & reception party & Scott handled them all wonderfully. His main equipment set-up was in the courtyard where we had our cocktail hour & reception party then he had a mobile, battery-powered set-up that was used for our ceremony and dinner (toasts & light tunes). I was concerned because I had been to several outdoor weddings recently where the mobile audio was low-quality & the microphones howled with feedback but, Scott made sure to do thorough sound-checks & our audio was picture perfect the whole day.

Scott was prompt & expertly organized. The list of songs in his library is tens-of-thousands of songs but he has a great system to make sure you hear the ones you want to & you don't hear the ones you don't want to!! He also downloaded a few special songs we requested that he didn't have in his current library.

Scott was also extremely personable & super responsive. He stayed in communication with us more than any other vendor & addressed all our requests and special requirements. We met with him only once in-person before our wedding day & it was instantly apparent how much Scott truly cares about his clients. He went above & beyond to make sure he had detailed notes on everything...even notes on how to pronounce some difficult names in our wedding party for when he announced them (and when the time came, he got all the names 100% right, of course).

My husband and I are ALL ABOUT THE DANCE FLOOR! Scott kept the dance floor going the whole evening & he played the perfect balance of songs.

We are so thankful that we found Scott. You can stop your DJ search right here, just contact Scott Trugman right now...you can thank me later!!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Christina · Married on 04/20/2019

Scott is Awesome!!

Scott was a fantastic DJ and MC. From our first conversation through the day of our wedding, Scott was so helpful in providing his recommendations. His personable character and professionalism, wide master list selection, guiding of the events through MCing, and keeping a lively dance floor with his awesome music selection were only several of the things that we appreciated so much about Scott. My husband and I were extremely thankful to get the opportunity to have Scott at our wedding. He took time to get to know us, which really meant a lot to us. He helped us create a unique song list for the key moments of the wedding.
    One of our favorite memories was when Scott played a group dance, and our friends and family all got on the dance floor together to join in. He knows how to get the party started and to keep it going! It was such a pleasure to work with Scott, and we would give Scott the highest recommendation.
    Thank you so much for everything, Scott and for making our wedding day so fun, lively, and memorable!

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • DJ Murphy

Dj Murphy · Married on 03/27/2019

40th Birthday party - great vibes the whole night

Scott knows music and he knows crowds. He was understanding with our reluctance to select very specific songs or artists, but with a little direction about danceability and an energetic crowd to gather, he set just the right tone for the early birds and the ones that closed down the party room. We heard all the artists we knew fit the bill and had no time gettin' down when it mattered. The volume was reasonable and changed appropriately as the scene developed. Everyone was happy!

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan Proctor Roberts · Married on 03/11/2019

Could not ask for better!

Scott is truly exceptional. He was responsive, organized, and dedicated to making our wedding day truly special. He helped structure our timeline of the reception and kept the day moving along. He was able to read the crowd and curated a playlist that got EVERYONE on the dance floor. He played all of our favorite songs and adhered to our "do not play" list.

On top of all of this, Scott is an incredibly patient and good-natured soul. My husband and I had to move our wedding day due to a tragic family emergency two days before our scheduled ceremony and he luckily was able to reschedule for our new date six months later. He offered his sincerest condolences, continually checked-in on us, and left a lasting impression on my family. We could not be more thankful to have had Scott as part of our wedding day!

If you're looking for a DJ, do not look any further. Scott is worth every penny and is everything you could ask for and more!

From the bottom of my heart -- thank you, thank you, Thank YOU, Scott!

Sent on 01/24/2020

Randy Franklin · Married on 11/09/2018

Scott is awesome!

We loved working with Scott for our wedding! He is awesome. He has all of the qualities you would want in a great DJ: he is organized, personable, fun, and has good musical taste. He made sure to include all the songs we wanted, made good suggestions on first-dance music, and aligned the overall music accordingly. We love dancing and Scott made sure the music kept everyone on the floor with the party going. Additionally, he was on top of it with reception announcements, timing, equipment, and overall emcee skills. We definitely recommend Scott for any DJ needs for your event!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Luisa · Married on 10/14/2018

Excellent services

Scott was the DJ and MC for our wedding in Boulder Creek. His services were excellent. Our guests were more than happy throughout the party with the choice of songs and he even improvised the playlist based on their requests.

Besides the party, he helped us planning several weeks ahead the timeline of the wedding reception ensuring that everything runs smoothly. He was easy to communicate with and was very professional overall. Would definitely recommend him to anyone getting married.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Dakota · Married on 10/13/2018

You Couldn't Pick a Better DJ

Scott was one of the absolute best vendors I hired for our wedding day. He was the DJ at my best friend's wedding last year and left a lasting impression for being there early, being prepared, having the best playlist all night, and for being super friendly. He even spent time prior to the wedding chatting with my parents. When it came time for me to hire a DJ, I didn't even consider any other options. I've been to dozens of weddings and no DJ compared.
    Scott was super responsive to any email I sent him. Music was a very important aspect of our wedding day and to say I had a lot of requests is probably an understatement. I had a list of "must play" songs that he was able to accommodate. I wish I could portray how lively our dance floor was. For days after the wedding, my husband and I have talked about all the unexpected people that were tearing up the dance floor all night long. Scott is so friendly and really kept the entire night on track. I cannot recommend him enough, he is the absolute best.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Tiffany · Married on 10/06/2018

Scott was our DJ for our wedding last weekend. He exceeded all our expectations - he helped us coordinate timeline, logistics, and all of our music in our ceremony and reception. We were super comfortable working with him and especially enjoyed how he tailored his DJ'ing to our wedding crowd throughout the night based on which songs were hits and which were not. Who knew that we were all about the 90's music? Thank you so much Scott for helping everything run smoothly and ensuring that everyone had a blast! :)

Sent on 10/13/2018

Kacey · Married on 09/22/2018

Scott is absolutely wonderful. He is so professional and personable, and he was so responsive and reliable from the start. He knows how exactly how to read a crowd perfectly and he kept our wedding party dancing all night, playing a perfect blend of tunes and incorporating our playlist. He madr it such a fun night! He has a calm, grounded energy, and he can confidently direct the wedding party when needed without being in any way overbearing. I felt like a could relax with Scott around. He is also just a great guy and that is clear from the moment you speak to him. And his prices are so competitive. Cant recommend highly enough.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2018

Scott was an awesome DJ. He is thorough, professional, punctual, responsive, and caring. From day one, Scott was on top of everything, his list of songs is crazy extensive (but he will buy things he doesn't have for your day if necessary), and he is really well organized. Not to mention, he actually does a great job with the actual DJ aspect of the night! Songs transition together really well and he keeps the grooves going. He also has all the gear you need, which will ensure your ceremony and speeches can be heard. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/19/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany Doxtater · Married on 09/15/2018

Dance the night away with Scott Trugman as your DJ

Scott Trugman came highly recommended as an excellent and budget friendly DJ from an event coordinator at our venue at Pajaro Dunes Resort in Santa Cruz County. We had Scott as our DJ for our 100 person wedding in September 2018 and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! From the very first communications Scott was personable, quick to respond, and very organized. His many positive reviews helped with our decision as well. Scott's DJ services were exactly what we needed as his price included portable microphone and speaker system for our beach ceremony. Scott was familiar with our unique venue as I was worried about flow issues and moving guests from two rooms and a deck area for the reception. His prior experience with this venue and confidence with dealing with our flow concerns put us at ease. Scott also has a wonderful event packet that walks you through your wedding and helps to guide what songs you want to use during the ceremony, first dance, parent dances, specialty dances, and even music during the cutting of the cake which I had never considered. He also has a master playlist that we used to rate songs so that he knew our music taste and preferences. Since we live out of state, most of our communications were over email and a few months before the wedding, Scott set up a phone interview to confirm all the details of the wedding and to get to know us better. We felt very excited to meet Scott at our wedding and his calm and organized presence over the phone translated in person. He was exactly the DJ we thought we were getting! Our wedding day was so perfect and a lot of that had to do with Scott! Our ceremony and reception flowed effortlessly and Scott played all the right music for our guests. We literally danced the night away!!!! We had a variety of ages like most weddings do and Scott hit it out of the park with his ability to appeal to the masses. We were also touched by the fact that Scott placed both of our names in Scrabble pieces on tile holders at his DJ table. We had briefly mentioned we had just finished playing Scrabble before our phone interview with Scott a few months before the wedding and he saved that little tidbit of knowledge and surprised us at our wedding. His thoughtfulness and attention to detail plus the fact that you will be dancing all night long make Scott the best DJ for a Bay Area/Santa Cruz County wedding. We are so dearly grateful for his assistance in making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 01/19/2019
  • Billy

Billy · Married on 08/17/2018

Perfect DJ and MC for our Wedding!

Scott was great to work with! Not only did he play the perfect sequence of songs to keep our party dancing throughout the night, but he also did a great job at announcing us in to our cocktail hour, introducing the speakers for the speeches during dinner, and keeping us all on track. Scott is a pure professional, which was great to keep everything organized and punctual. And he is also a genuinely nice guy with a good perspective, as he shared some good day of reminders with us, like slowing down and being present. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Ben · Married on 07/21/2018

Scott Trugman was an amazing addition to our wedding! From the first phone call to the end of our wedding, we were genuinely impressed with how knowledgeable and personable Scott was. His DJ skills and expertise were flawless on our wedding day but we were especially grateful for the assistance he provided leading up to the event. Scott provided us with a wonderful wedding coordination packet that helped us plan our music selections from the beginning of the ceremony to the last dance. His extensive music catalogue and understanding of our special requests made for an amazing event. Scott was a pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend him for your DJ needs.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Trevor · Married on 07/06/2018

From the moment my wife and I met Scott we knew he was the one for us on our wedding day. Dude is absolutely beaming with positive energy and was super helpful with providing suggestions for processional, recessional, first dances, father/daughter dances... you name it and when we asked for it, he gave us a prompt response with advice.

Zero issues with the set up or audio. He kept the party rolling all night long thanks to his excellent reading of the room and what was getting our guests out on the dance floor. I honestly cannot recommend him highly enough for your special. Scott will knock it out of the park, I guarantee it!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Lucas Duckwall · Married on 06/30/2018

Lucas and Annalisa

Scott was the DJ at our wedding. We were extremely satisfied with his services. He played great music and was very professional. He was able to figure out our music taste from just a brief meeting and few songs we picked out. DJ Scott was very organized and made planning our wedding much less stressful. Scott was also just a really great fun person and we really enjoyed having him at our wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Chuck · event on: 06/22/2018

Scott knew the right song to keep everyone dancing! He is very professional and accommodating. We would highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 07/06/2018