Scott Trugman DJ Services Reviews

85 | Scotts Valley, CA

85 Reviews for Scott Trugman DJ Services

85 Scott Trugman DJ Services Reviews

Tiffany · Married on 10/06/2018

Scott was our DJ for our wedding last weekend. He exceeded all our expectations - he helped us coordinate timeline, logistics, and all of our music in our ceremony and reception. We were super comfortable working with him and especially enjoyed how he tailored his DJ'ing to our wedding crowd throughout the night based on which songs were hits and which were not. Who knew that we were all about the 90's music? Thank you so much Scott for helping everything run smoothly and ensuring that everyone had a blast! :)

Kacey · Married on 09/22/2018

Scott is absolutely wonderful. He is so professional and personable, and he was so responsive and reliable from the start. He knows how exactly how to read a crowd perfectly and he kept our wedding party dancing all night, playing a perfect blend of tunes and incorporating our playlist. He madr it such a fun night! He has a calm, grounded energy, and he can confidently direct the wedding party when needed without being in any way overbearing. I felt like a could relax with Scott around. He is also just a great guy and that is clear from the moment you speak to him. And his prices are so competitive. Cant recommend highly enough.

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2018

Scott was an awesome DJ. He is thorough, professional, punctual, responsive, and caring. From day one, Scott was on top of everything, his list of songs is crazy extensive (but he will buy things he doesn't have for your day if necessary), and he is really well organized. Not to mention, he actually does a great job with the actual DJ aspect of the night! Songs transition together really well and he keeps the grooves going. He also has all the gear you need, which will ensure your ceremony and speeches can be heard. Highly recommend!

Ben · Married on 07/21/2018

Scott Trugman was an amazing addition to our wedding! From the first phone call to the end of our wedding, we were genuinely impressed with how knowledgeable and personable Scott was. His DJ skills and expertise were flawless on our wedding day but we were especially grateful for the assistance he provided leading up to the event. Scott provided us with a wonderful wedding coordination packet that helped us plan our music selections from the beginning of the ceremony to the last dance. His extensive music catalogue and understanding of our special requests made for an amazing event. Scott was a pleasure to work with and we would highly recommend him for your DJ needs.

Trevor · Married on 07/06/2018

From the moment my wife and I met Scott we knew he was the one for us on our wedding day. Dude is absolutely beaming with positive energy and was super helpful with providing suggestions for processional, recessional, first dances, father/daughter dances... you name it and when we asked for it, he gave us a prompt response with advice.

Zero issues with the set up or audio. He kept the party rolling all night long thanks to his excellent reading of the room and what was getting our guests out on the dance floor. I honestly cannot recommend him highly enough for your special. Scott will knock it out of the park, I guarantee it!

S · Married on 05/18/2018

From our first Scott he was a joy to work with. Scott is approachable, professional, affordable and has a vast music selection. Scott is also excellent at communication, both in person and via email. We could tell that Scott truly cared about making our day exactly what we had imagined. Our dance floor was FULL of happy guests from the moment Scott played the first dance until the farewell song. Scott also took care of all of the MC needs for our wedding, and did an outstanding job making announcements and introductions. We *highly* recommend hiring Scott, his music selection can't be beat and he will assure that everything goes smoothly!!

• AprilGirl13

Samantha · Married on 04/06/2018

Scott was the dj for our wedding this past weekend. He was absolutely fabulous! We contacted him to book and he was very responsive. We met with him before hand to go over a schedule and he was incredibly professional and helpful in making sure we had a timeline that would work for our event. When we arrived at our reception after or ceremony he was all set up playing awesome music and continued to impress all night. He was really flexible when we decided to extend our party time. Scott sent us a list of songs beforehand and we selected ones we liked. He was great at gauging our style and playing music that we enjoyed, he also took requests from our guests. If you are looking for a professional, experienced and fun DJ for your event Scott is your guy!!!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 03/02/2018

Scott made hiring a DJ such an easy task. He knows what he is doing and makes it so easy for the couple and he does a fabulous job. We hired him for our wedding and he worked so hard the whole time and did an excellent job

Melissa · Married on 12/09/2017

Scott was recommended to me by a friend so I scheduled him for a work holiday party. It ended up being the most fun party we'd ever had and now we book him every year! Great playlists and flow!

Evan · Married on 11/04/2017

Scott was absolutely amazing! He made the entire process so easy and smooth. He was very organized and made sure me and my wife knew exactly what to do and how the order of events go. I would send him an email and within minutes I would get a response. He made the whole process stress free and we never had to worry about how things were going to go. He is so friendly and overall a very genuine guy, it almost felt like we had known him for years. On our wedding day everything went off without a hitch and he was very flexible with our slight changes to the schedule the day of. His pricing was very reasonable and he played most all of the songs we had requested. We could not have asked for a more perfect DJ and will recommend him ten times over.

Evan and Katelyn

Ariana · Married on 10/07/2017

It was such a pleasure to work with Scott! I can't say enough about his professionalism and execution of our entire event. His timing was perfect, the way he guided everyone with the correct information so that everything just flowed was truly impressive. My guests all said they had an amazing and fun time. A bunch people were complimenting us on how well he did. I would recommend Scott to any of my family and friends needing DJ services. You can't go wrong with Scott! He and my wedding planner even caught a last minute discrepancy that he followed up on quickly to make sure everything was exactly the way I wanted it. He played a huge part in the flow and timeline of the event and his guidance and expertise really got us through. Thank you Scott!!

James · Married on 09/23/2017

This is a long overdue review and I apologize for the tardiness of this. Scott is absolutely amazing. We couldn’t have found anyone better than him. He was very professional and helped us put together the wedding of our dreams. He walked us through everything with detail and brought together the songs that were special to us. Scott’s vibe and attention to detail is extraordinary. Scott thank you so much for making our day a very blessed and special day!

Scott Trugman DJ Services 1

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2017

Scott was the best DJ ever! Not only was he super responsive, but he was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. Wedding planning can be so stressful, especially when vendors take long periods of time to answer your questions, etc. Not Scott though! He was the only person I could always rely on to have a quick, helpful response. He ensured our playlist was full of all the songs we wanted to hear, and even took our guests requests. If you want a great, personable DJ that you can count on, Scott's your guy!

Tiffany · Married on 09/22/2017

Travis · Married on 09/16/2017

Scott was our Dj for our wedding this past weekend. We could not of asked for a better service or person to work with. He is really one amazing person and does a phenomenal job. He made our special day that much more special. Out of all the events we have ever been to no other dj compares. Thanks Scott!!!

Deanna · Married on 09/16/2017

Such a wonderful DJ he really got everyone into a dancing groove and played nothing but great fun music!

Hieu · Married on 09/09/2017

I can't stress enough at how organized and amazing Scott Trugman is! He went above and beyond! He made the wedding such a wonderful spectacle with his combination of effort, hard work, music and catering to how the event will go from start to finish! He plays the right song at the right moments! I found myself and my wife dancing to every song! It was an amazing experience to have such a wonderful and easy going DJ! Thank You Scott and GOD bless you my friend. You're an amazing DJ!

Drew · Married on 09/02/2017

Scott was a great addition to our wedding and helped us host an excellent dance party. Fun and friendly, everyone who interacted with him had nice things to say.
    While planning, Scott helped us walk through the songs needed for key points of the day and the general vibe of cocktail hour, dinner, and dance music.
    Scott was responsive to our requests and very professional.

Brian · Married on 08/26/2017

Hire Scott immediately! I wanted to put that first because I am sure a lot of people do not read the full reviews. Scott was the perfect addition to our wedding. The whole process was organized, professional, friendly and amazing! Scott knows what he is doing and does it exceptionally well. He kept us on track and even sent us reminders about things. Scott was not obtrusive at all during the event and completely stuck with the planned schedule. He played the songs requested and stayed away from the songs we did not want played. If you are looking for a professional, organized, friendly and RESPONSIVE DJ, you found it in Scott Trugman!

Mike · Married on 08/13/2017

I usually don't bother to write reviews, but Scott did a perfect job DJ'ing our wedding and I want to spread the word of the wonderful DJ service he provides!
    My fiance found Scott Trugman on Thumbtack, she emailed and talked to several other DJ's too, most sounded more like tuned for a college party with lights and other add-ons. After a brief look at Scott's website we got a sense of his calm professionalism and we knew he was going to do a great job.

A few important items to note:
    Most important, Scott knows music. We are not musical people, so we needed a DJ that knew what he was doing. We gave him a short list of songs we'd like during the cocktail hour and reception, he read the crowd and chose great music, the dance floor loved every song he was playing all night!
    Scott is very patient and is prompt with communication. We emailed back and forth at least a dozen times; we bugged him with changes, with our complicated first dance fade in and fade out, our four ceremony songs, and many other items, and Scott was always happy to help and work with us to make it what we wanted.
    Scott arrived early, set up the main equip and speakers by the dance floor, and set up the separate ceremony site. He brought everything he needed and got everything set up very efficiently and quietly.

I can't say enough good things about Scott Trugman DJ Services, he'd be my only recommendation to others and my first call if I need a DJ again.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/05/2017

Scott was a fantastic DJ for our wedding! He's accommodating, professional, organized, and knows how to get everyone (from my top-40 loving friends to my disco-loving uncle) dancing.

We were looking for someone who could run with an entire night's entertainment with minimal direction. Scott came early and managed the sound system for our outdoor wedding ceremony (including nailing the musical transitions). After that he used a happy hour playlist we created of our favorite songs, then took over all music selections for dinner and dancing. You know you picked great DJ when a wedding guest splits his pants from dancing too hard!

Laura · Married on 07/29/2017

Scott is super professional and organized. I had two calls with him prior to meeting with my "Day of" wedding coordinator. Scott wanted a timeline of the wedding and I hadn't worked all of that out yet with the coordinator. I told the coordinator that Scott had asked for that and she told me she was very impressed with his level of interest in the details. She said that was unusual for a typical DJ.
    Scott kept the part going with his great music and accommodated requests from our guest too. My husband and I could not have been more happy with the music for the ceremony and the reception. 5 stars plus!
    Scott also provided a hand held microphone for readings during our ceremony and for our toasts. I highly recommend Scott for any event. He will make sure you are as pleased as I am!!

Jonathan · Married on 07/22/2017

In the beginning I was skeptical. I thought a sound system with a playlist would be fine for our wedding. But my friends talked me into it, and I couldn't be happier. Scott got everyone - from the 9 year old to the 60 year olds, dancing their butts off. He was extremely flexible, played all the songs we wanted, and made the night even more memorable.

Ashley · Married on 07/15/2017

We really appreciated that Scott anticipated our DJ needs and asked questions we hadn't even thought about! He was extremely helpful, lighting quick at responding to questions, and overall put us at ease. Despite the demands of being the bride and groom, we just couldn't stop dancing! Scott and his assistant were definitely a major part of making our wedding day perfect. Highly recommend.

Angie · Married on 07/08/2017

Out of all the people and vendors we hired for our wedding, Scott was our favorite and most valuable component in making it all come together. We had absolutely no idea what we were doing, and he literally walked us through planning the entire night. He helped us answer questions along the way, met with us to coordinate a schedule, offered numbers of other vendors we needed to find, and was incredibly friendly. He even helped us trouble shoot midway through the wedding and work out reception problems as everything was happening. I can honestly say that our wedding was as fun as it was, mostly because of him. HE IS AMAZING. I would give him 10 stars if I could.

Scott, thank you for all your help!! I don't think we couldn't pulled it off without you.