Scott Topper DJ Productions Reviews

53 Reviews for Scott Topper DJ Productions

1 User photo

Scott Topper DJ Productions 1

Katie · Married on 07/08/2017

Scott did the most amazing job as the DJ at our wedding! For us, having a killer dance party was our number one priority for our reception, and Scott did not disappoint! The dance floor was packed the entire night, with guests of all ages. We had guests telling us that the songs were so consistently great, they didn't even want to leave the dance floor to go to the bathroom! Scott also did a great job as our MC, helping us effortlessly stay on our timeline, and adding fun and excitement to the night with his charismatic personality. Hiring Scott as our DJ was one of the best decisions we made in all of our wedding planning, and we would whole-heartedly recommend him to anyone looking to throw a great party!

Kari · Married on 03/18/2017

Almost 3 months later and we are still talking about how our wedding rocked!! From the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. Scott Topper knocked it out of the park!
    He was professional, organized, super friendly, easy to work with (up to and including the day of our wedding), and arrived early to make sure everything was set up correctly. Scott has excellent communication skills as he took the time to work on our time line with us as well as went over our music list with us to make sure we had all the music we wanted. During the reception, he got the crowd dancing beginning with the Horah and kept the dance party going with excellent music and his vibrant personality and energy the entire evening! The conga line was awesome! Our guests had a fantastic time and RAVED to us about Scott! We know our wedding would not have been as fun if we didn't hire Scott! HE ROCKS! #BESTDJEVER! My husband, Eric and I HIGHLY recommend Scott Topper Productions for your next party, wedding, bar mitzvah, you name it....you won't be sorry!! TRUST US!

Ranjani · Married on 11/13/2016

Scott was so great, I can't recommend him enough. He created such an awesome party vibe for our reception - everyone danced until the very last minute. He was very attentive to our requests, which was incredible because my family is Indian and he went out of his way to find fifty or so Indian songs to play during dinner/cocktail hour. We also had a Hindu ceremony which required very specific music and timing, and Scott handled it perfectly!! Everyone was very impressed with Scott. Besides that, he's just a lot of fun. We met with Scott twice before the wedding, and he was so much fun to work with. He's a genuinely kind and helpful guy. At the reception, he created such a good vibe. I've been to weddings where the DJ is very detached and boring - not so with Scott. He was partying with us and I was so sad when the reception had to end. He also has a great selection of uplighting, made the room look gorgeous. Book him!

Anna · Married on 10/15/2016

DJ Scott Topper was so fun at our wedding! We're both half Jewish and decided to do a Hora, and I really appreciated that he walked the guests through the whole process since a lot of them are not Jewish and have maybe never been part of one before. It was a big hit! He also extended two hours beyond what we booked him for super last minute, and I'm so glad that we did that! He was great to work with.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Scott Topper DJ Productions's reply:

Thanks Anna for your kind words. Your Wedding Ceremony, Reception and After Party were great FUN! Congrats again!

Peter · Married on 10/08/2016

Scott and DJ David really rocked the party up in Ojai. The dance floor (which Scott installed himself) was packed all night. I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where people danced as much as ours, so I felt amazing about the whole experience. Our idea was that if you get the older folks up and dancing the kids will come on and dance to anything. DJ David totally agreed with us and really helped shaped the mood of the night. Also the little MC touches of announcing what is happening really kept the night together. I could see it coming unglued if we didn't have DJ David guiding the reception. Overall they were very professional and self sufficient. It was one of the easiest parts of planning the wedding and ended up being one of the best parts of the entire day. Thanks Scott!

Alison · Married on 09/24/2016

I could not be more happy with my choice of Scott Topper for our wedding DJ. He was professional, friendly, and accommodated all of our requests. So many of our guests complimented us on our music selection, and the dance floor was packed all night. Scott kept the momentum going, and kept things running smoothly. I would HIGHLY recommend Scott Topper Productions for any event you need a DJ for. I would absolutely return to him for future events. Thanks Scott!

Dionne · Married on 08/20/2016

Scott is extremely friendly and personable and I was able to connect with him immediately over the phone, which was important to me since I was planning our Wedding from out of town. Scott was very patient and professional and took the time to get to know me, my Fiancé and our needs for our day. I never once felt rushed or that he was being pushy with any upgrades, etc. I appreciated his honesty in what he felt we needed versus what was extra. Also, Scott was extremely prompt on the day of and had a great, happy attitude during our entire event. He read our crowd so well during the dancing portion and even took requests as they came in, which made everyone happy. We were so bummed when the last song rolled around - no one wanted to stop dancing! He was also great about checking in with me and our planner to ensure we were all on the same page throughout the night and keeping the timeline on track. He truly had the best value out there for our needs and was a complete pleasure to work with! Thank you Scott!

Danielle · Married on 08/05/2016

Scott is heaven sent to work with and has been so supportive of our new event venue, K'Syrah, in Solvang. He was able to provide us one of his best Santa Ynez Valley based DJ's, Daniel, for our big opening bash. Daniel was super professional, read the crowd wonderfully and made the event that much more special. We highly recommend Scott Topper Productions for your next event, they will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Scott Topper DJ Productions's reply:

Thanks so very much Danielle! We love your new venue and we are excited to DJ more events with you soon!
  • Vicky

Vicky · Married on 07/17/2016

My wife and I are from Philadelphia and we wanted to celebrate our wedding down in Santa Barbara. My wife researched for the best DJs in Santa Barbara and found Scott's show "It's Show Time!" and immediately decided that he was the one! When we booked Scott Topper as our DJ we didn't know how popular he was since he was very humble about it. Our wedding coordinator and our venue mentioned how good he was after they learned he was our DJ. When we met him for our first meeting he was very professional and friendly and he also revealed to that he was initially from Philly too! It was great to learn his history and also helped us learn how far his experience DJ-ing has taken him. We definitely felt very comfortable with him immediately,. He gave us a easy to follow and adaptable outline and he walked us through the process of how we can piece up our song selections per main events of the wedding and how he can adapt the flow of music selection depending on the schedule. It was easy to correspond through email and he was able to answer any questions asked by us or our coordinator. On the day of the wedding, he was awesome, all the music choices went perfectly well together and he was great as the MC too. He was able to work very well with our coordinator on keeping to the schedule. When guests requested songs during the dance section he was respectful enough to come to me and my wife to see if we were OK to push a song into the selection. Overall, it was a great experience having Scott Topper as our DJ and we highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best DJ around!

Alan · Married on 06/26/2016

Wedding at Beckmen Vineyards, Los Olivos. Scot Topper was excellent, from our first meeting to accomodating our requirements remotely, playing all of our requested tunes and making sure the dance floor was always filled. Scotts very friendly and professional manner helped make our wedding ceremony and reception exceptional.

Laurel · Married on 05/14/2016

Scott loves what he does for a living, and that makes him a great person to work with. Scott Topper Productions provided MC/ DJ, up-lighting, and a photo booth for our 5/14/16 wedding in Santa Barbara. Scott is competitively priced, organized, knowledgeable and responsive. Scott answered all of my emails promptly, provided valuable recommendations, and even worked with our wedding coordinator (KB Events) effortlessly. Music is a very important aspect of a wedding, and it is especially important to me personally. Scott took all of my music selections and enhanced and added to the playlist to create a consistent and fun vibe on our wedding day. His team was courteous, professional and prompt. I would highly recommend Scott Topper Productions for your special event.

I was the wedding coordinator for a wedding that Scott DJ'd. Scott easily earned a 5 star rating! He was also responsive during the pre-wedding coordinator, always answered emails promptly and answered all questions we had. The day of he showed up EARLY, which I love. Had everything set up and time and ready to go. Everything went very smoothly and I would definitely recommend Scott to any other clients. People don't realize how important DJ's are at a wedding because once the reception starts, they run the show. If they don't have their act together, the reception will fall apart. Scott came ready with his timeline and run of show, keeping the event smooth, on time, and so fun!!

Summer · Married on 03/26/2016

My husband and I got married a year ago at the Fess Parker in Santa Barbara, and Scott was our MC and DJ. He was wonderful! I'm sure we drove him nuts, because my husband and I both had crazy work schedules at the time, and weren't always as responsive as we should have been, but throughout the entire process he was patient, respectful, and genuinely excited for us. We asked for some obscure songs and had a few nontraditional aspects to our ceremony, but Scott was on top of it. Not only did he find everything we asked for, but he chose beautiful, complimentary choices for the times in between main events, and really seemed to understand my husband's and my style and aesthetic. We would definitely recommend Scott and would definitely choose him if we had to do it all over again. In all honesty, he was brilliant, professional, fun, and the best vendor we hired. He truly kept the timing of our wedding, and I am certain everything went as smoothly as it did because of him. Even our guests commented about what a great DJ & MC he was. Thank you, Scott!

Lions · Married on 03/16/2016

I am the event coordinator for Lions Park in Carpinteria and booked Scott for our Open House. He was AMAZING. Showed up early to set up, extremely nice and professional, and knew exactly what mood I was looking to create and did an amazing job. He added gorgeous uplighting in our lodge as well! I can't recommend his services enough. He's awesome!

used him many times. all great

Scott was amazing! He provided for sound in 4 separate locations for our ceremony and reception without a hitch. He provided very easy guidelines to follow so that we provided enough music for each portion of the wedding. He also accommodated a last minute opera singer at our request. We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Jill · Married on 02/15/2015

Scott, we can't thank you enough for providing such a fun atmosphere for our Villa Verano wedding. The music was perfect and everyone enjoyed the vibe of the entire evening. We appreciate your flexibility with planning the perfect musical setting without specific ideas. You have an amazing ability to know exactly what specific music fits the mood even though we provided little guidance. Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had at the wedding.

For anyone looking for an amazing DJ who will execute your vision perfectly and works seamlessly with all other vendors, we recommend Scott. He is professional but always kept the process fun and guided us every step of the way. Thank you for everything!

Catherine · Married on 11/29/2014

Scott Topper was the DJ at our wedding at St. Barbara's Greek Orthodox Church. He was friendly and wonderful to work with from the early stages of planning up until the week of- Scott helped us figure out all of the details and the services that would best work for us. On the day of our wedding he was prompt and professional and ensured that our night went smoothly. His music was AWESOME and our guests are still talking about how much fun they had dancing! We were so happy we chose Scott for our event and would recommended him to anyone who wants a memorable reception!

Blair · Married on 10/11/2014

DJ Scott Topper was AMAZING! As soon as I contacted him for our wedding he was so organized and made it so easy for me (bride). I really wanted our wedding to be perfect with the music and had a lot of specific requests and Scott Topper and his team went above and beyond. The music was PERFECT and they did an amazing job. I got so many compliments about our music after our wedding. THANK YOU so much Scott and your team!

Alexis · Married on 09/27/2014

This review is long overdue, but I wanted to follow through and make sure this company gets the kudos it deserves. Our wedding was in September of 2014.
    We got Scott's name from a very close family friend. He had been the DJ at their wedding and since we were looking for a DJ for our wedding, we were shopping around.
    Scott was so helpful and was able to work with our budget. He constantly stayed in touch with me and was so understanding and patient with me when I was trying to work out the order of the wedding, cocktail hour, reception, etc.
    Scott had another party that he was already DJ-ing on the day of our wedding, so he arranged for us to have DJ Katie. We were a little unsure about having a female as a DJ, as neither of us had ever attended an event with a female DJ. We saw a few videos of Katie at work and felt good about having her at our wedding. We were, however, pleasantly surprised at how well Katie handled it all. She was absolutely wonderful and EVERYONE enjoyed themselves immensely. She controlled the evening and made everything run so smoothly.
    We were happy with all of it and we received so many compliments from our guests.
    One aspect that really made the whole evening stand out from other weddings was having the party song before dinner was served. Have never been to a wedding that had dancing before dinner and it was awesome. Everyone was on the dance floor and it was so unexpected and enjoyed by all. Guests still tell me that was one of their favorite parts of the reception and I have to agree.
    I learned many things while planning our wedding, but one thing I was taught was that you want to make sure you spend the money to get a great photographer and a great DJ. There are other areas where you can be more budget-conscious, but those two are the ones that you'll regret if you don't spend the money for outstanding quality. I wholeheartedly agree with this. Scott Topper Productions and DJ Katie were worth every penny.

Dusty · Married on 09/13/2014

I just used Scott Topper Productions to DJ my wedding. We had the privilege of DJ Katie rocking the event all night. I heard phrases such as "your DJ was incredible, the dance floor was packed all night" from guests. My wedding was a dry event -- usually a DJ's nightmare! Even so, the dance floor was going strong the whole evening and the music variety was exactly as I hoped it would be. Many thanks to DJ Scott Topper and Katie!

Bob · Married on 06/21/2014

Scott was the DJ at our son's wedding last Saturday night. He was GREAT! Weddings are stressful events, a million details and never enough time. From the initial meetings through the last dance, he was professional, efficient, creative and fun. He controlled the event from the ceremony, through dinner and toasts, and into dancing. The highlight for me was his great transition from the mother/son dance to guests storming the dance floor, teenagers to seniors, jumping up and down to the music! A lot of bad dancing, but a tremendous amount of fun.

Scott was the Dj at my daughter's wedding. He was very organized, efficient and easy to work with. During the reception he kept the music going and the dance floor filled till the last minute. I highly recommend him!

Robby · Married on 05/10/2014

Scott did such a phenomenal job, we don’t even know where to start in explaining it! His fun loving, friendly personality shines through in every part of his work. Scott was incredibly detail-orientated and did a great job walking us through the timeline of our wedding reception. He gave us many suggestions and asked us questions to help him best serve our needs. Scott didn’t just play music for us - he kept the entire reception on track with speeches, toasts, special dances, cake cutting, garter tossing and more. Scott was a phenomenal emcee and we couldn’t be happier with the wonderful job he did. We highly recommend him as a deejay and emcee, and wouldn’t go anywhere else when planning future events. Thank you, Scott!

- Nikki & Robby Barthelmess

Kerry Lee · Married on 05/08/2014

I have worked with Scott Topper on many weddings and events, and most recently, a resort showcase for VIP media and guests and we needed the best of the best to MC and DJ. Scott consistently provides a quality product : his style, his equipment, his ability to read the crowd, guide the "energy" of the event and ensure everyone has a good time , are unparalleled. Further, Scott is always on time, responsible for his own equipment, and takes the time in advance to know the client, the venue at which he's working and does not put a burden upon his clients or fellow event professionals to figure things out for him with set up and striking (break-down). His upbeat personality is refreshing and he is flexible and loves life, which shows in his work.