43 Reviews for Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment

Do-Not-Play List (2)
MC (2)
Uplighting (1)
42 Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment Reviews

Scott did an EXCELLENT job Dj'ing my brothers wedding in myrtle beach! despite the fact that we threw some last minute requests his way, he NEVER missed a beat (pun intended)

Not only did he have an excellent playlist that was well enjoyed by every age group but he also let the guests request songs! Our family received nothing but positive feedback about the way he acted towards the wedding guests and his willingness to help us with last minute needs.

playlists aside, Scott also did an excellent job of MCing the special event. He not only has the perfect voice for the job but also the perfect personality which was uplifting and cheery. if i wouldnt have known better i would have thought he knew the bride and groom on a personal level!

Cannot say enough great things about Scott! highly recommended!!!!! Thanks again, and if i ever can sucker some chick into marrying me and we happen to be in south carolina I know exactly who my Dj will be.

Profile Picture James, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was a fantastic DJ! Our guests raves about him for days after our wedding. We had a cancelation with our first DJ, we contacted Scott and he was available and we couldn’t have been happier. He made all the planning extremely easy. He provided the music for the ceremony and the reception. During the reception, we played the newlywed game; our guests and us loved it. Scott was a huge asset to our wedding, would use him again in the future if we need to.

Photo for Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment Review
Profile Picture Sarah, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott is awesome... funny and really gets everyone involved in making your evening special!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott was fantastic and professional. My guests continued to come up to me throughout our wedding to tell me he was great. Having him there pulled all the pieces together to make the wedding flow just right and fun. Everything I asked for he made it happen. Thanks Scott, you're the best!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

You need to hire Scott Shaw! I was so impressed with his services and he went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. He made sure my song suggestions were played exactly when I'd requested and quickly adapted to cover last-minute changes. I highly recommend him for any style event you have planned!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott Shaw is the life of the party! Scott was such an awesome DJ and made sure the party stayed alive all night long! We used Scott Shaw for the ceremony, cocktail and reception music for our wedding! He was so accommodating and his website was super user friendly and easy to select your music. We had our guests send us requests on their wedding invitation so it was extremely easy to add to our playlist. Two weeks before the wedding we a conference call to go over all the details and he made both us feel at ease and excited to get married. He was also great with the bridal party and made sure everyone knew their role in the different events taking place throughout the night. He played all of the music that we requested and even took requests from several of our guests throughout the night. He was a great MC throughout the night and kept guests informed on things and kept the party alive. The greatest gesture that we received from Scott came at the end of the night when Scott gave us a CD with every song that was played the entire day. We both were ecstatic and were not expecting that but its such a thoughtful thing to give us! Scott Shaw is awesome and really makes the night the best night of your life. He is a must!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Scott did an outstanding job during our daughter's reception! He made it stress free for us and really fun for our guests! He was professional and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/25/17, 2 Reviews
3.0

Scott and his team did a good job of capturing moments during our reception in the photos I've seen. Most of the night we had tons of people on the dance floor. However, my fiance and I spent a long time making lists of 'must play' and 'do not play' music which was added to the wedding portal that he requested we fill out. Very little of that was followed - while I respect his knowledge of wedding type music that gets people dancing, we made those lists for a reason and really wish more of the music we requested to hear was played. Also, the majority of the reception was spent with him tracking us down if we stepped away to say hi to anyone to tell us it was time for another 'event'. While I understand we listed specific things we would like to do during the reception my opinion would be to defer to whatever instruction the bride and groom give in that moment as opposed to interrupting them repeatedly and demanding they come back to the dance floor when trying to thank guests for coming. With that said, we're the only ones who noticed it wasn't the music we requested and that we kept being pulled away so as a whole it was a positive experience but if you're specific about your request list I would be very vocal about that.

Profile Picture User5174361, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I could not have been more pleased with the service provided by Scott Shaw Productions!! Steve, the DJ for our wedding, was phenomenal. It ended up storming the day of our outdoor wedding. I was so scared that the DJ would not be able to go through with everything we had planned due to the weather, but he assured me that the show would still go on just as planned. Our reception was a BLAST and I owe all of that credit to Steve and Scott Shaw Productions.
From the first time I met with them, I was put completely at ease. Anyone planning a wedding can tell you how important that is. They were so professional and had so many ideas for songs and games for the reception. My guests even gave Steve a standing ovation at the end & begged him to stay longer! We didn't want the fun to end!!
If you are having doubts about who to book for your DJ then make the best decision for your wedding and book these guys!!!
Thanks again Steve Calfee & Scott Shaw for making my wedding day so memorable & FUN!!!!!

Profile Picture Jesse, 10/10/15, 1 Review
3.0

Didn't listen to all of requests. Our guest weren't too impressed.

Profile Picture User6240903, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Scott did an awesome job with being responsive to any of my emails or calling me back. He was very professional and took a lot of time to really get to know us and what we wanted for our wedding. It turned out great, everyone had a great time and was out on the dance floor. I highly recommend.

Profile Picture sarah, 6/26/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can't say enough good things about Scott Shaw and the way he turned my wedding reception into a great party! He was on top of everything, did not miss a beat, kept everyone laughing and dancing. The photo booth was a great hit, everyone loved it and the memories gathered in the book he presented to us will last a lifetime! He did a fabulous job and I would highly recommend him for any event!

Profile Picture User4291011, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.7

We hired Scott Shaw to DJ our wedding in June 2015, in Southport NC.

Positives: Scott was very responsive & answered all questions in detail. He was very open to our very specific requests & music tastes. He was very knowledgeable in setting up microphones for ceremony & overall the sound was good. I sent him a playlist for cocktail hour & music to play during dinner & he played the songs & genres as requested. Scott was a nice, friendly guy & didn’t try to speak too much & just played music, which is what we wanted.

Negatives: Scott was very open to our requests & attentive to genres we discussed & we sent very detailed emails about songs for our dances. We changed the mother/son dance song a couple weeks prior to the wedding & confirmed the change over the phone, but Scott played the wrong song during the wedding. Mistakes happen, so it wouldn’t have been a big deal, except he messed up our intro song as well.

Other than playing the wrong songs for our dances, I’d say the biggest negative was awkward silence in between songs. We were introduced, walked in to a song & then he announced our first dance. There was a good 20 seconds of dead silence, with us just standing there in front of everyone, before our first dance song started to play. It seems to be an equipment issue, in that a traditional DJ can queue up the next song to have a seamless transition. Scott didn’t seem to have this capability.
During the reception, I left the “dancing” music up to Scott's discretion, as I knew there would be requests. I sent him some artists & a few songs to play, which I think he did for the most part. The songs he played at his discretion were not ideal/did not really get the crowd dancing.

Overall, Scott was a super nice guy, asked a lot of questions & was detail oriented, which we like, but in the end the execution was not great.

Profile Picture Jenny, 6/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott as amazing! He kept our wedding on track after our wedding coordinator failed to show up. He was fun, energetic and kept the party going. He even got out on the dance floor and showed us a few moves. The newlywed game was a great addition to our reception and he kept it light and fun. I would highly recommend hiring Scott for your dj services.

Profile Picture User5230446, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott Shaw and his team are The BOMB!!!!!! We had an amazing time dancing to all our favorite hits, and the photo booth was packed all night and worth the money. Scott surprised us with awesome gifts, to remember our special time with all of our friends and family. We were presented with a photo album with notes written in it from our guests, and a disc of all the photo booth pictures. Our guest loved that they got their pictures on the spot, and we loved our name and date was on the bottom for them to remember our special day. Scott and his staff were so professional and created such a fun evening for us to remember forever. We 110% recommend Scott Shaw productions for your DJ needs.

Profile Picture Michele, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

From beginning to end I knew we picked the perfect DJ / Photo-booth service. He was so helpful and accommodating in every aspect. From planning, timing, song selections, lighting and he newly wed game - everything was a hit. We had a beach ceremony during a freak sunny spot during a tropical storm and Scott was there and ready with his equipment on the beach assuring me that everything would be just great. And it was. I highly recommend this company.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I have to admit that I hate to write a bad review because all in all I was very happy with the service that was provided, however, when I sent in my deposit the check was lost and I called and e-mailed and didn't hear anything for a few days. I sent in the check again but not sure if that was what I should have done... the only other small thing that surprised me was that I was not told until the week before the wedding that we would be having a separate DJ than Scott Shaw himself, we ended up having DJ Steve who did a wonderful job!

The website that came up with a time line was very good and I liked that there were options to choose from for songs as I am not a music-savvy person.

The photo booth was a big hit! It was closed during the prime parts of the reception such as dinner, speeches and special dances but otherwise was open during the drinks and dancing. There is a separate person that comes with the DJ to run the photo booth so you don't have to worry about guests not knowing what to do. They also put together a custom scrap book of the photo strips for us and sent us a CD with the individual pictures that we could print off at a later date. It is awesome and I loved having the photo booth!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

My family gave my Mom a surprise 70th birthday party on February 14, 2015.Scott was the dj, we also rented the photo booth, and we had a special slide show presentation. Scott did all three with perfection. He was very professional and was very attentive to my needs. He went above and beyond to make her day a very special one. He was always in contact with me every step of the way. I definitely highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a variety of entertainment and professionalism. Thanks Scott for everything. Felicia

Profile Picture felicia, 2/14/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Scott wanted to make sure everything was done correctly.

Profile Picture Bryan, 11/1/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Scott went above and beyond our expectations! He was available to chat (by email and phone) for the months leading up to the wedding, and never left a question unanswered. On the day of, his outgoing personality helped to get everyone out on the dance floor, and our guests danced the night away--with a few breaks for photo booth sessions throughout! Everyone was raving about the photo booth all night! The ceremony music also turned out wonderfully, and the microphones on the officiant and the groom allowed our guests to hear what was going on (despite the wedding being outdoors!). Thanks for helping to make our night completely perfect and unforgettable, Scott!

Profile Picture User3643788, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Excellent DJ! Literally saved the day as the helplessly inexperienced event planner stood by and did virtually nothing to keep the evening going. I'm glad we didn't listen to the event planner and that we chose you to work with! Everyone enjoyed your music selection. The speakers and mics were awesome and it was totally worth getting the full package. Thank you for all the assistance you provided and tools for planning and pictures and just ways to SAVE money. You called to follow up on questions. You even changed one of our songs the day before and it was perfect! Cannot thank you enough for being awesome from day one till the big day!

Profile Picture User4542968, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Scott did an amazing job at my wedding, not only was the music professional and high quality Scott was a great cm and kept the night flowing naturally.! Without him and my
Other vendors my night would have been nothing like t was. He did more than I could have ever asked for and defiantly helped keep the stress off me!!! Took charge and was very professional

Profile Picture Katelyn, 5/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Scott was great to work with from our first phone call to the night of the wedding. We had a destination wedding and only met Scott in person on the wedding day but we were never worried that he did not have the entire event in control. If I called or sent an email he responded quickly. The reception at the View at Brick Landing Plantation was a huge success and everyone who traveled from California, New York, Tennessee, Greenville/Anderson have not stopped talking about what a great time, what great music and how much fun the photo booth was.
So glad we used Scott-such a great party!!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Was open to any ideas that you have in mind; found music that was not readily available and customized the event to suit your needs. Very friendly and engaged guests at the event. The wedding game was a lot of fun.

Profile Picture Megan, 5/19/14, 5 Reviews
4.7

Scott and his team did a great job with our wedding reception! Our guests had so much fun dancing and Scott really kept the party going. The photo booth was so much fun and his team did a great job managing it. All our guests loved their pictures from the booth and talked about how much fun it was to take the pictures.

Profile Picture User4087871, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews