Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment Reviews

43 | Myrtle Beach, SC

43 Reviews for Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment

43 Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment Reviews

James · Married on 08/18/2018

Scott did an EXCELLENT job Dj'ing my brothers wedding in myrtle beach! despite the fact that we threw some last minute requests his way, he NEVER missed a beat (pun intended)

Not only did he have an excellent playlist that was well enjoyed by every age group but he also let the guests request songs! Our family received nothing but positive feedback about the way he acted towards the wedding guests and his willingness to help us with last minute needs.

playlists aside, Scott also did an excellent job of MCing the special event. He not only has the perfect voice for the job but also the perfect personality which was uplifting and cheery. if i wouldnt have known better i would have thought he knew the bride and groom on a personal level!

Cannot say enough great things about Scott! highly recommended!!!!! Thanks again, and if i ever can sucker some chick into marrying me and we happen to be in south carolina I know exactly who my Dj will be.

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

Scott was a fantastic DJ! Our guests raves about him for days after our wedding. We had a cancelation with our first DJ, we contacted Scott and he was available and we couldn’t have been happier. He made all the planning extremely easy. He provided the music for the ceremony and the reception. During the reception, we played the newlywed game; our guests and us loved it. Scott was a huge asset to our wedding, would use him again in the future if we need to.

Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment 1

Laura · Married on 06/02/2018

Scott is awesome... funny and really gets everyone involved in making your evening special!

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

You need to hire Scott Shaw! I was so impressed with his services and he went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. He made sure my song suggestions were played exactly when I'd requested and quickly adapted to cover last-minute changes. I highly recommend him for any style event you have planned!

Ashley · Married on 07/15/2017

Scott Shaw is the life of the party! Scott was such an awesome DJ and made sure the party stayed alive all night long! We used Scott Shaw for the ceremony, cocktail and reception music for our wedding! He was so accommodating and his website was super user friendly and easy to select your music. We had our guests send us requests on their wedding invitation so it was extremely easy to add to our playlist. Two weeks before the wedding we a conference call to go over all the details and he made both us feel at ease and excited to get married. He was also great with the bridal party and made sure everyone knew their role in the different events taking place throughout the night. He played all of the music that we requested and even took requests from several of our guests throughout the night. He was a great MC throughout the night and kept guests informed on things and kept the party alive. The greatest gesture that we received from Scott came at the end of the night when Scott gave us a CD with every song that was played the entire day. We both were ecstatic and were not expecting that but its such a thoughtful thing to give us! Scott Shaw is awesome and really makes the night the best night of your life. He is a must!

Kelly · Married on 05/25/2017

Scott did an outstanding job during our daughter's reception! He made it stress free for us and really fun for our guests! He was professional and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend him.

Jesse · Married on 10/10/2015

I could not have been more pleased with the service provided by Scott Shaw Productions!! Steve, the DJ for our wedding, was phenomenal. It ended up storming the day of our outdoor wedding. I was so scared that the DJ would not be able to go through with everything we had planned due to the weather, but he assured me that the show would still go on just as planned. Our reception was a BLAST and I owe all of that credit to Steve and Scott Shaw Productions.
    From the first time I met with them, I was put completely at ease. Anyone planning a wedding can tell you how important that is. They were so professional and had so many ideas for songs and games for the reception. My guests even gave Steve a standing ovation at the end & begged him to stay longer! We didn't want the fun to end!!
    If you are having doubts about who to book for your DJ then make the best decision for your wedding and book these guys!!!
    Thanks again Steve Calfee & Scott Shaw for making my wedding day so memorable & FUN!!!!!

sarah · Married on 06/26/2015

Scott did an awesome job with being responsive to any of my emails or calling me back. He was very professional and took a lot of time to really get to know us and what we wanted for our wedding. It turned out great, everyone had a great time and was out on the dance floor. I highly recommend.

Joei · Married on 06/13/2015

I can't say enough good things about Scott Shaw and the way he turned my wedding reception into a great party! He was on top of everything, did not miss a beat, kept everyone laughing and dancing. The photo booth was a great hit, everyone loved it and the memories gathered in the book he presented to us will last a lifetime! He did a fabulous job and I would highly recommend him for any event!

Scott as amazing! He kept our wedding on track after our wedding coordinator failed to show up. He was fun, energetic and kept the party going. He even got out on the dance floor and showed us a few moves. The newlywed game was a great addition to our reception and he kept it light and fun. I would highly recommend hiring Scott for your dj services.

Ashley · Married on 05/09/2015

From beginning to end I knew we picked the perfect DJ / Photo-booth service. He was so helpful and accommodating in every aspect. From planning, timing, song selections, lighting and he newly wed game - everything was a hit. We had a beach ceremony during a freak sunny spot during a tropical storm and Scott was there and ready with his equipment on the beach assuring me that everything would be just great. And it was. I highly recommend this company.

• F

felicia · Married on 02/14/2015

My family gave my Mom a surprise 70th birthday party on February 14, 2015.Scott was the dj, we also rented the photo booth, and we had a special slide show presentation. Scott did all three with perfection. He was very professional and was very attentive to my needs. He went above and beyond to make her day a very special one. He was always in contact with me every step of the way. I definitely highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a variety of entertainment and professionalism. Thanks Scott for everything. Felicia

Bryan · Married on 11/01/2014

Scott wanted to make sure everything was done correctly.

Scott went above and beyond our expectations! He was available to chat (by email and phone) for the months leading up to the wedding, and never left a question unanswered. On the day of, his outgoing personality helped to get everyone out on the dance floor, and our guests danced the night away--with a few breaks for photo booth sessions throughout! Everyone was raving about the photo booth all night! The ceremony music also turned out wonderfully, and the microphones on the officiant and the groom allowed our guests to hear what was going on (despite the wedding being outdoors!). Thanks for helping to make our night completely perfect and unforgettable, Scott!

Excellent DJ! Literally saved the day as the helplessly inexperienced event planner stood by and did virtually nothing to keep the evening going. I'm glad we didn't listen to the event planner and that we chose you to work with! Everyone enjoyed your music selection. The speakers and mics were awesome and it was totally worth getting the full package. Thank you for all the assistance you provided and tools for planning and pictures and just ways to SAVE money. You called to follow up on questions. You even changed one of our songs the day before and it was perfect! Cannot thank you enough for being awesome from day one till the big day!

Susan · Married on 05/25/2014

Scott was great to work with from our first phone call to the night of the wedding. We had a destination wedding and only met Scott in person on the wedding day but we were never worried that he did not have the entire event in control. If I called or sent an email he responded quickly. The reception at the View at Brick Landing Plantation was a huge success and everyone who traveled from California, New York, Tennessee, Greenville/Anderson have not stopped talking about what a great time, what great music and how much fun the photo booth was.
    So glad we used Scott-such a great party!!

Megan · Married on 05/19/2014

Was open to any ideas that you have in mind; found music that was not readily available and customized the event to suit your needs. Very friendly and engaged guests at the event. The wedding game was a lot of fun.

Scott was a fantastic DJ for our wedding--thorough, entertaining, and really made sure the guests had a wonderful time. He was very communicative throughout the entire process and made it easy to share our preferences and stick to a clear plan. We also ordered a photo booth through Scott. The guests loved it, and we loved the pictures.

Richard · Married on 12/26/2013

Scott is personable, working well with everyone. He is talented and does excellent work at a very reasonable cost. Scott is punctual getting to each event early and properly laying out the space. He is creative and inventive with great out-of the-box ideas that really work. He is very competent in areas such as Master of Ceremony, Singer, Sound Professional, Wedding DJ, Comedian, Sound and Recording Engineer and Musician. He works well with any age group. Scott has detailed knowledge of procedures at wedding receptions and hosting parties. He can work comfortably in churches, reception halls, ballrooms and hotel venues as well as recording sound and video for events in remote locations without electrical power in beach and riverfront locations too. The excellent equipment he has selected for professionally recording and producing video at your event is superb. Scott’s knowledge of photography results in stunning photos of the events that he presides over. He produces great formal as well as candid shots. I would highly recommend Scott at Scott Shaw Productions for producing any event that will be attended by people you care about. The experience of having him work for you and your event will be memorable, lots of fun and perfectly done. He is a professional in every sense and truly a master of his craft. Hiring Scott for any event is money well spent for a great experience well worth having. You'll be very glad you did. He is wonderful!

• W

Whitney · Married on 07/18/2013

Scott was wonderful! He is very organized and very professional. He provided me with a log in for his website. His website included planning tools that were very helpful with choosing music for both the ceremony and reception. He arrived early to our event and set up his equipment. This gave me a great feeling of confidence in him and I didn't have to worry about the music all day. He did a wonderful job! All of my guests loved him and his fun personality!

Gayle · Married on 06/23/2013

Scott was fantastic!! He has a website that made choosing music for the wedding ceremony and reception so easy. When I could not choose any more songs, he stepped in and filled in the blanks. Everyone one at the party had a great time and he kept the night rocking. Thank you Scott for making my special day special and a lot of fun!

Johannes · Married on 05/18/2013

We are thrilled that we hired Scott Shaw Productions for entertainment/music at both the Ceremony and the reception.

What we got was far more than music and entertainment; we also received a flurry of great ideas and peace of mind. Before meeting with Scott my wife and I were overwhelmed with everything that needed to be done. Scott not only helped with getting the Wedding in order including sheets that helped us organize all our vendors and plans, but gave us many new ideas that we had not thought of. We were presented with ways to involve our guests other than just throwing them a fun dance party at the reception. We were shown names of apps that we could have our guests download and games that we could play with our guests. We feel this gave us much more entertainment value and made the guests really feel like they were part of our wedding celebrations rather than just attending them.

The music and ambience was great! My wife and I had no idea what we wanted save for a select few songs, so after giving Scott the names of a few songs and bands we had our on Pandora playlists, he was able to pick the perfect songs for each and every moment of the reception.

All in all I don't think the wedding would have been nearly as successful as it was without Scott and my family and new in-laws are still talking about how much fun they had and its been three weeks since the wedding.

Amanda · Married on 04/06/2013

We ended up planning a wedding in less than 3 months, and were scrambling to find a DJ when we found Scott. Scott was from the very beginning incredibly professional and thorough. He had wonderful online tools that allowed my planning of the event to go so smoothly, and allowed for easy communication with him. He followed up throughout my planning and made sure to take into account our preferences in all aspects of his job -even on things that I had not considered having personalized.
    He went over the top in his preparations, and was in contact with our other vendors to make sure that he could help coordinate the days events smoothly.
    One the day of the wedding, Scott did not miss a beat when things were running behind schedule and he improvised when necessary. He was a huge hit with our guests and we received many compliments about how funny and personable he was. We played the Newly Wed game & it was hilarious - I would definitely recommend it. We also had Scott provide a photobooth for us, and our guests loved it. People were running to get in line at the photobooth, and some of our guests were wearing the props onto the dance floor.... and doing the Harlem Shake... Overall it was hilarious.
    Thanks to Scott, our wedding flowed seamlessly, and we were able to incorporate all of the events that we desired. I would highly recommend Scott Shaw as he is a fantastic DJ who obviously is in this business because he loves people and he loves to entertain.

Sent on 04/18/2013

Scott Shaw Productions - DJ Entertainment's reply:

Amanda, Thank you for all your kind words. You were a pleasure to work with, and you're guests were a pleasure to interact with. I had a wonderful time providing your services, and I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed themselves!

This DJ is AMAZING!!! I enjoyed working with him!!!

Mary Beth · Married on 12/01/2012

I LOVED Scott Shaw as our wedding DJ. He was extremely organized and played the exact music my husband and I wanted. He was very attentive and asked my guests for any requests they may have. He kept me on track in terms of time and kept the party going.