Scotland Run Golf Club Reviews

Scotland Run Golf Club 7
  • Amy

Amy Reynolds · Married on 08/04/2019

Our wedding at Scotland Run and absolutely perfect

We got married at Scotland Run on Aug. 4, 2019, and everything was absolutely amazing! From the moment we first toured the venue, we knew it was the perfect place to get married. We mostly worked with Alex, and she made the entire wedding-planning process so easy. We had an all-vegan wedding, and the chefs did such an incredible job of creating a totally custom menu that everyone loved (even those who were a little skeptical about the vegan food)! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous—so many of our guests have told us it was the most beautiful ceremony spot they’ve ever seen. The bartenders and wait staff were all great, and our maitre’d, Denise, was absolutely fantastic and was there for us whenever we need her on the wedding day. We are so happy we chose to get married at Scotland Run. Thank you to Alex, Marlo, Michael, Denise and the entire Scotland Run staff for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 07/06/2019

Stunning location

Scotland Run was the absolute best location! It has a beautiful view with an outside ceremony feel. Alex, Marlo and Michael went above and beyond on my wedding day to make sure everything went great!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Scotland Run Golf Club 8
    Scotland Run Golf Club 9
    Scotland Run Golf Club 10

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/26/2019

Wedding 5/26/19

My husband and I got married at Scotland Run a few weeks back and we have heard nothing but rave reviews regarding our venue. Beyond the absolute perfection that was our wedding day, the team at Scotland Run leading up to the wedding was a dream to work with. Marlo was the one who booked us and gave us a tour. She was so kind and knowledgable. We primarily worked with Alex who was the best! She responded to all of my emails promptly and put my mind at ease. As someone who is prone to anxiety, Alex was such a calming force and her flexibility and positivity made planning our wedding a dream. Beyond the staff the venue was absolutely stunning. I loved the ceremony space! The flowers and water feature were huge selling point for me. The reception space which features an option for indoor/outdoor cocktail hour was another highlight! I would absolutely recommend Scotland Run for anyone looking to plan a wedding that people won't forget!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Jennifer · Married on 01/05/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

We got married January 5th, 2019 and planned the wedding in 7 months. We worked with Alex primarily but also got to interact with Marlo and Michael took care of us on our wedding day. Words cannot describe how absolutely perfect everything was for our wedding. Alex always responded to my emails in a timely manner and was such an amazing support in helping me pull everything together in such a short period of time. She definitely took a lot of the stress out of the wedding planning for me. The food was incredibly delicious and we have heard nothing but compliments from our guests. On the day of our wedding, Michael was constantly checking in on us to see if we needed anything and anything that we asked for he was more than happy to accommodate for us. There was also a server (I believe her name was Denise) that would check in on me and the groom whenever she saw us to see if we needed anything. One of our bridesmaids was in the bridal suite breastfeeding during the cocktail hour and Denise also brought her a plate full of appetizers so she would not miss out on the delicious food! We also were surprised by our parents with fireworks and everyone coordinated it perfectly and helped keep it a secret from us so we were genuinely surprised. Everything was absolutely beautiful and perfect and I would not have changed a single thing!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Carly Staico · Married on 12/01/2018

Excellent ! You will not be disappointed with Scotland run!

I had my wedding dec 1st 2018. It was such a joy to work with Alex DiMattia who was my coordinator. She was very personable and delightful to work within our budget and make our wedding beautiful. She took any suggestion i had for my vision of my wedding and made it come to life. I highly recommend her and Scotland run for an affordable and beautiful landscape even in December ! The food is always good and they have a lot within their package to offer. Even the extended staff were a pleasure to work with! If you are planning a wedding or have engaged friends in the south jersey or philly area, go to Scotland run and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Stacy · Married on 11/30/2018

Amazing Venue!!!!!

The first time I walked into Scotland Run Golf Club I knew instantly that the venue was the one for me. Alex and Marlo are the best and are we’re beyond helpful every step of the way and made the whole process easy. Every guest raved about the food and the service. Best night of my life and would recommend the venue 100x over.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Amber Smith · Married on 10/29/2018

Amazing!

I had my wedding at Scotland Run on September 29th and it truly was the best day of my life. The venue is so beautiful and the staff are so professional. Marlo and Alex are amazing and do everything possible to make it the perfect day for their brides. My guests are still raving about the food and how beautiful everything was! I am so happy with how everything turned out and highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Susan Piarulli · Married on 10/28/2018

Model of Professionalism, Courtesy, Integrity

Rarely has a venue acted with such courtesy, integrity, and class. I can't recommend them highly enough. We were very excited to host a wedding there, having gotten a recommendation from a family member. Scotland Run worked with us on the food, drinks, decorations -- everything -- helping us stay within budget while planning a wonderful event. We were particularly charmed by the cleverly designed double gazebo, where both the guests and bridal party are under cover while enjoying a beautiful view. Equally impressive was the strategy for dealing with some pretty tricky food allergies and limitations. Unfortunately, the wedding did not take place, but Nick at Scotland Run went way above and beyond to lessen the impact of this. Scotland Run will treat you the way your own family would. If you are thinking about an event, you need to consider Scotland Run.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Elyssa · Married on 09/02/2018

Scotland Run was the perfect venue for our wedding. We cannot thank Mike, Marlo and Alex for everything they did for us over the year and a half of planning. They helped us put our own twist on our wedding and were super responsive to any and all questions we had, at any hour. The facility is gorgeous and our pictures came out fantastic! We highly recommend Scotland Run to anyone looking in the area!

Sent on 09/03/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2018

Everything was absolutely perfect!

Half way through our reception I turned to my friend and asked, "Is this day perfect or is it just perfect because it's our wedding?" My friend replied, "No, it's perfect!" There is no way that our wedding day would have been as seamless and perfect as it was without Scotland Run Golf Course and the help of Alex, Marlo and the staff.
    Alex and Marlo were absolutely spectacular! They answered every request we had with PERFECT execution! Every detail was even BETTER than we imagined! They made sure the day ran so smoothly and absolutely nothing went wrong - everything was perfect.
    Michael (our maitre de) helped bustle my dress and helped us we everything we needed.
    All of our guests raved about how nice and friendly all the servers and bartenders were!
    The ceremony space was spectacular and all our guests were comfortable in the August heat under the covering outside - the grounds looked absolutely amazing.
    The food and drinks all evening were so delicious and perfectly executed!
    So many of our friends and family have told us that our wedding was one of the best they have ever been to and we owe that to the professionalism and expertise of Scotland Run Golf Course. Choosing a venue is so important on your wedding day and you are in GREAT hands choosing Scotland Run!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Scotland Run Golf Club 21
    Scotland Run Golf Club 22
    Scotland Run Golf Club 23

Karen · Married on 07/13/2018

Scotland Run is a beautiful venue! We had our ceremony outside under the pavilion, and then upstairs for the cocktail hour and reception. The weather was gorgeous that day so we were able to see all of our guests up on the balcony as we took some pictures on the golf course. We can't say enough about Alex who helped us make the entire day spectacular. From the first meeting to the day of the wedding, she was there to answer any questions, calm nerves and give suggestions for other vendors. She and the entire staff at Scotland Run are so professional, caring, available and responsive. I also have to mention Michael who was in charge of me as the bride the day of the wedding. He helped to keep me calm, and he made sure that I had everything I needed the entire day! In addition, we had a last minute glitch with our officiant, and they sprang into action and the ceremony went off on time and without a hitch. The venue, food, staff and service were all amazing. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND them!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/15/2018

We can’t thank Marlo, Alex and Mike enough for a PERFECT wedding! Everyone was so nice and everything went so smooth! Marlo answered my emails for the past two years quickly and made me feel comfortable that everything would go exactly as planned. I was probably the most OCD bride in the world, but they were nothing but understanding. We 100% recommend Scotland Run! thank you!!!!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Tricia · Married on 06/02/2018

Scotland Run was the perfect location for our wedding! Alex, Marlo and Michael did an amazing job with making our wedding day as stress-free as possible! The outdoor ceremony space is filled with flowers and is an amazing backdrop for pictures! We HIGHLY recommend anyone looking for a venue in South Jersey to check out Scotland Run, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/23/2018
    Scotland Run Golf Club 24

Corey · Married on 05/12/2018

The biggest favor I did for myself was get married at Scotland Run!

The biggest favor I did for myself was get married at Scotland Run! From the moment we started looking for venues I was looking for beautiful landscapes and modern, classic feel! I walked in to Scotland Run and met with Alex and my husband will tell you, I left knowing that's where we were getting married! The tasting was exquisite with Mary. We tried everything! All of the wedding questions I had and that my mother had and that my mother in law had were answered quickly and with enthusiasm! Alex always made me feel like our wedding was her priority! The day of the wedding was perfect and went off without a single hitch! Michael was a pleasure to have as our guru! He made sure that every detail was attended too! It was truly an amazing day! We heard nothing but compliments about our venue from guests about the food, landscape and staff! Do yourself a favor and book with Scotland Run and invite me because I want to eat there again!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Karlena · Married on 01/20/2018

Marlo, Alex and the team made our brunch style reception breathtakingly beautiful! Everything went well, was so organize. Our guests just could not stop raving about the views and the venue! I’m so glad We chose Scotland Run to help make our day perfect!

Sent on 02/05/2018
    Scotland Run Golf Club 25
    Scotland Run Golf Club 26
    Scotland Run Golf Club 27

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2017

It's hard to know where to start with how amazing Scotland Run was - it was everything we could have asked for and MORE! From the very beginning, Marlo was absolutely FANTASTIC! She was warm, friendly, attentive, responsive, and so many more wonderful things. She made our wedding the day of our dreams.

The venue itself is literally a gem: the new cocktail room is STUNNING, the reception hall and ceremony area are perfect, and the grounds couldn't be more beautiful. There were so many great places for pictures! The food was so delicious and we got so many compliments from our guests on how amazing it all was! Marlo made every day leading up to the wedding so easy - she was so accommodating and answered my million questions almost immediately. On the day of the wedding we had almost an entire table not show, and her team was SO flexible and accommodating about rearranging the dining room (During cocktail hour, no less) to fulfill our wishes. If we wanted it, Marlo and the team and Scotland Run made it happen.

We hadn't really heard of Scotland Run prior to touring it for our wedding, and we'll be shouting it from the rooftops now. It was truly an amazing experiences and the folks at SR made our day one that we will never forget - perfect from the day we toured until our wedding day!! They are the best. Get married here.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/16/2017

Go see this venue immediately and fall in love all over again! Best place we could've picked for our wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2017

Briana · Married on 08/12/2017

Where do I even begin?! I could not recommend this venue or the team that works there highly enough. In my opinion the venue is the most beautiful in the area... the flower garden/arbor area, golf greenery, brand new cocktail room and balcony made for stunning pictures. The food was delicious and I can't even count how many guests have raved to me about the service from the wait staff. We had over 220 people and everyone was made to feel so special and well attended to. The real thing that made our day so perfect is the people that work there. Throughout the 2 years we were engaged, I had so many questions/changes/strange requests and Alex was there for us every step of the way. She was beyond accommodating and flexible and is just generally a really nice person to talk to. I didn't hire a wedding planner and there is just no way I could have done it without her. Marlo was also so helpful and generous to us and we were lucky enough to have Meghan as our Maitre'd who was there for everything we needed on the night and helped it run smoothly. I agree with the other reviews that these are people you can really trust and make you feel that they are personally invested in your day. I am honesty still speechless about the amazing job they did and am so thankful!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Scotland Run Golf Club's reply:

Briana, thank you so much for this amazing review and for all your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Glyn to make all your wedding dreams come true! We wish you a lifetime of love and laughter, and a very long and happy marriage! Keep in touch!

Christina · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Marlo and Alex at Scotland Run Golf Club! They went above and beyond to ensure our day was nothing short of perfection. Marlo, Alex and the entire Scotland Run staff worked tirelessly the day of our wedding to make sure things ran smoothly, that we were treated with the highest quality of customer service and professionalism, and that my husband and I were well taken care of (fed, hydrated and happy).

Leading up to the wedding, Marlo provided prompt responses, whether it be to offer ideas, resources or confirmation emails. She listened to our needs, be it budget or adding that personal touch, and made it work.

The hall itself was everything we could have asked for. It offered us the affordable outdoor rustic feel we had been striving for with an overhang in case of rain, a brand new cocktail space, and an air conditioned indoor ballroom complete with uplighting and a wrap around balcony with an exquisite view of the entire golf course.

We received so many compliments on how beautiful everything was, not to mention how delicious the endless amounts of food was. We couldn't have picked a better venue or asked for a more memorable day! It was absolutely stunning and beyond anything I could have dreamt of. Our highest recommendations for Scotland Run!!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2017

This review is so late but life got in the way for us. First, you really don’t need to look any further for a perfect 2-in-1 (ceremony & reception) site!!! You’ll fall in love the same way we did when we walked around the reception area and the outside. It’s truly breathtaking and the landscaping is gorgeous for pictures! Best of all—Alex and Marlo make everything so easy. I was beyond thankful for their helpful hand the entire time leading up to my big day. Alex was the biggest help and went above and beyond for EVERYTHING!!! When we met with her it just sealed the deal even more, you can tell right from the start she absolutely loves her job. The staff was amazing and the food is to die for— people are still saying how delicious the food was from our wedding. Scotland run was truly a magical experience for us and we couldn’t have been happier :) the skydivers and the bag piper were an added bonus in evening which was so cool!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Scotland Run Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for this AMAZING review!! It was such a pleasure working with you and Rich! Can't believe you have been married for one year (almost!) Wishing you nothing but continued love and happiness!

Ashley · Married on 05/13/2017

The club is gorgeous and is great for pictures! It is affordable too! The food and cake were delicious! The staff, especially Marlo, was amazing! They had no problems answering a nervous bride's million questions. The day of the wedding it rained and I still was able to get amazing pictures! During the whole reception, the staff made sure my new husband and I had enough drinks and food to eat while we walked around saying hi to everyone! We felt so catered to on our special day! I felt they went above and beyond to make sure our day went beatifully! I couldn't have picked a better place to have our afterparty at!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Scotland Run Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review Ashley! Wishing you and Ryan a lifetime of love and happiness!

Seirra · Married on 04/09/2017

My wedding here was absolutely amazing. We were having trouble finding the perfect venue and after one conversation with Marlo we knew this was the place. They were super flexible with our requests and very attentive to us both while planning and the day of. Our guests left saying it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Troy Lynn · Married on 07/09/2016

Absolutely AMAZING!!! I couldn't be happier with picking Scotland Run for our wedding venue! We had a July wedding, and the landscaping was so beautiful! We had an overcast for weather, and some rain, and can I say FULL RAINBOW over the golf course! Service was fantastic, that I cannot complain about anything! I was so scared because when we booked, it was with Alex and JoAnn, and then a month and half before my wedding, Alex went onto another opportunity, and I was working with Marlo and JoAnn. I was scared, but Marlo picked up exactly where Alex left off, all details were taken care of. The day of the wedding, I had Michael with me, and he was such a sweetheart helping with anything that we needed that day. I have heard some stories about the bride and groom this year picking ridiculously expensive venues and they had horrible service and didn't get to enjoy anything because they did not have the staff help or were just rushed. I had none of that nonsense, it was perfect! The price is negotiable, so definitely take a look at what they offer for their packages and see what you need and don't need. They helped make it work for us. Hands down, the best, and our guests fell in love with how beautiful everything was from the outdoor ceremony to the crazy dancing at the end of the night!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Alyssa · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough about the perfection of Scotland Run Golf Club as my wedding venue on June 4th! We looked at 11 venues as we were shopping around and struggled to find one within our budget that could accommodate an outdoor wedding ceremony AND outdoor cocktail hour for our desired summer wedding. Scotland Run was the last tour we had arranged but we knew as soon as we did the first walk through that that was where we wanted to say "I do!" This is the most stunning and well laid out outdoor ceremony venue I had seen while searching both online and in person - not only do you have the beauty of the golf course right there, but you have the garden setting that surrounds the pavilion, and the grandeur of the beautiful clubhouse itself! We were wowed from first pulling into the parking lot. But not only was the venue like a fairytale, the staff really made the experience truly flawless. We worked with JoAnn who is one of the most friendly, accommodating and responsive coordinators I could dream up! She worked within our budget to get exactly the package we were looking for. She remembered and executed every little detail I had requested and even accommodated day-of changes with no sweat! Despite JoAnn working hard, she never let it show and she always gave the kind of attention that would imply we were her only clients. Marlo, who was the maitre de when we booked the venue but had changed roles in the weeks prior to our wedding and was a huge help in seeing our day run smoothly. The new maitre de did a very nice job making sure we were attended to all night. Everything just went off without a hitch and we got SO many compliments on how gorgeous the setting was and how well everything was organized. The venue really sets the stage for the whole sentiment of an event and Scotland Run was everything we could have wanted and more! Thanks to much to the SR team for an amazing day! Book here and you won't be sorry!

Sent on 06/25/2016

Kimberli · Married on 05/21/2016

Scotland Run was an amazing venue! All of the people that I worked with including JoAnn, Alex, Marlo, and Michael were all very helpful and responsive. From the moment my husband and I stepped into the venue, we felt like part of the family. We live about 2 hours from the venue and they always worked with us around our schedule. Unfortunately, it rained on our wedding day and the second shuttle never showed to pick up our guests. JoAnn, Marlo, and Michael were there with smiles on their faces and were like a ray of sunshine through all of the craziness. They made sure that we still had the most incredible, magical night of our lives. They helped us meet our vision and turned it into a reality. I will never be able to thank them and the beautiful venue enough!

Sent on 05/31/2016