171 Reviews for SCJ Events

Liability Insurance (7)
One Event Per Day (6)
Photobooth (2)
155 SCJ Events Reviews

SCJ Events and DJ Rey did an incredible job on our wedding. DJ Rey brings a ton of experience and a great attitude. He guided us in planning the Music portion of our wedding for both the Ceremony, Reception, Speeches, and Dancing. He provided a PDF Guide that helped in this endeavor. He also dedicated time to visit the venue with us - to ensure he planned his lighting / augment lighting correctly. The day of the wedding DJ Rey was perfect - he was there on time - setup the Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Reception to perfection. Best of all - DJ Rey did an amazing job keeping our Guests entertained. He introduced our Speakers, Wedding Party, etc. throughout the night. He played excellent music during the dancing portion of our wedding - keeping our guests entertained with different genres - we danced for 3 to 4 hours!!!!

Profile Picture Jose, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Im only thankful with the SCJ Event team! they were really responsible, proffesional and they really know what they're doing. they responded to all my questions on time and they even suggested me some lights for the venue..everything came out beautiful and the lights really added a lot value to the party. The Dj was amazing and kept the party fun all night long!

Profile Picture Juli, 5/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We had a great experience with this company and with DJ Rey. He was extremely responsive and flexible when it came to our requests. He also provided a lot of really great suggestions of ways to take our party up a notch and ensure people have a great time. We had already gone to 2 other weddings with this DJ and had a great time at both events. We knew our wedding would be no different. He is able to work with any type of crowd (different ages, ethnicity, etc..) and adjust his music playlist to meet the needs of the people. After our wedding, I heard back from so many of my guests that ours was one of the best parties they had every been to.

We also booked the photo booth through this company and it was worth every penny! It came with an attendant and all of the props. The guests had such a fun time with it and we are so happy we decided to add this to our package.

Will definitely book again for other events. :)

Profile Picture Elena, 3/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Hurricane Rey is the guy. He has a great variety of music and he knows how to read a crowd. I had a brunch wedding and he kept everyone dancing!

Profile Picture Natalie, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Hurricane Rey performed at my wedding at the Cooper Estate. I gave him a list of the songs to play at certain times. I was nervous because some where specific versions that he might play the wrong one. He didn't. He killed it. We also listed some artists to play during dancin, which he did. Then he kind of took over after feeling the vibe of our wedding group. He was amazing!! Everyone had an amazing time, I wish I could post the videos
Thank you so much for making my wedding the best!!!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/9/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Hurricane Rey was great! He was responsive to all of my questions, provided me with a step by step form so that I could tell him exactly what I was looking for, and followed all of my directions to a tee. My dad and I did a fun remix father daughter dance and DJ rey made the perfect mix for us. My dad also reached out to him the day before because he needed to incorporate some music into his speech and DJ rey worked with him to get it just right, everything turned out perfect! He took all of my requests and used his own creative freedom to put together the best mix for our wedding, ranging from oldies, to slow songs to rock and roll, to the fun modern music that got EVERYONE on the dance floor. I highly recommend DJ rey to anyone!

Profile Picture Kira, 2/18/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Rey was incredibly easy to work with and after just one meeting knew exactly what we were looking for our wedding to sound and feel like. I didn't have to worry about a thing after our initial meeting until the last song was played. We asked for a certain mix of music from spanish, to oldies to top 40 and he delivered. I think the highest compliment he could get was that our friends booked him for their wedding first thing in the morning the day after my wedding.

Profile Picture Anthony, 2/18/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Rey did a great job! He stuck mainly with the list I provided, but did take some requests from guests which were not okay with me, like the “Grease” megamix. However, I didn’t specify no requests from guests so if you’re not cool with that, make sure you write it! Other than that he was extremely professional and nice. I would recommend him to everyone :)

Profile Picture Isabel, 1/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

He worked to ensure that everything went smooth.

Profile Picture SARAH, 1/1/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

Dj Rey was amazing! He had everyone dancing at my wedding all night and people talked about how great the music was. Overall excellent!

Profile Picture Mailyn, 12/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

my one hope for the DJ was to keep the party going and get people on the dance floor. He was receptive to all of my guests requests and made our wedding a night to remember.

Profile Picture Heather, 12/16/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

DJ Rey did an amazing job at our wedding! From entering the ceremony to ending the reception, his song selections were perfect! During the reception, the songs were great and everyone was up and dancing, all ages! He worked with me a lot when I had special requests and specific songs. He was always available to speak to and answer any questions I had. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ at our wedding!

Profile Picture Emmy, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
3.6

Played every song on our do not play list. Also got our first dance wrong. We were on a budget, and we definitely got what we paid for.

Profile Picture claudia, 11/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We chose to hire SCJ Events to DJ at our wedding because we felt they offered the best value for what we wanted. We were very pleased on our wedding day with the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. Clif was our DJ and he did a phenomenal job playing the music we requested and adding in some other songs that really flowed in well with the songs we chose. Everyone was dancing all night long. I highly recommend SCJ Events.

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Bilingual MC, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Dj Rey was included in my wedding package at The Cooper Estate, so I cannot comment on his value because I don't exactly know what he costs. He did a great job and kept the party going. If you are looking for an MC its not really his thing, but as a DJ he was great!

Profile Picture Ilyse, 10/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dj Hurricane was our wedding Dj and he was amazing till this day our wedding guest are stilll talking about how beautiful and fun are wedding was and that they have danced like they never did before! I highly recommend Dj Hurricane! Let's just say the dance floor was never empty and we all danced the night away!

Profile Picture jennifer, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I had DJ Rey at our wedding at the Cooper Estate last month. He was wonderful! Our play list was perfect. Our guests were singing and dancing all night long and everyone had a blast. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Frances, 3/24/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can't say enough about you guys!!! You were ON POINT! From being readily available during planning... giving us amazing advice and keeping the dance floor hopping all night long!... If you want a FUN wedding this is who you turn to!.... LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Profile Picture Iris, 3/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for a perfectly magical night - the music is such an essential part of any party and you did an amazing job . U had people dancing that NEVER dance !! And you were right on time with every song from the ceremony to the sparkler exit at the end of the night !!

Profile Picture Aley, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do I event start. I have been to multiple events where SCJ have been rocking the house down but this time i was the host. I cannot thank you and the team enough for your service. I will most definitely be using SCJ again and referring you to anyone in need of a DJ. You ROCK!!!!

Profile Picture Johanna, 2/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do I start? Dj Rey and Javi were beyond amazing. They accommodated to all of our needs and respected all of our wishes without hesitation. The day of they understood everything we wanted with just a simple look, it's like they had been our Dj at all of our parties and knew just what we wanted. I would choose them again without any doubts. They had everyone dancing on the dance floor and played just the right music for every occasion. They work to make their customers happy which is rare in DJs nowadays and want just the best, they dealt with my crazy moments without any complaints and that alone is enough to hire them anytime. Thank you for being part of our perfect day, it wouldn't have been complete without you guys!

Profile Picture Michelle , 1/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I had the opportunity to meet DJ hurricane (Rey) a year prior to our wedding. Luckily for us he was always available to answer many of my questions, specially, mine. Our guest enjoyed the music throughout cocktail hair up until the last song played that night. He always kept the party alive! Glad we chose to stay with him.

Profile Picture Jessy, 1/27/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Hurricane Rey is the absolute best. He was the DJ at my best friends wedding and I hired him for my own. He is so detailed. Best DJ in Miami. Will hire him again for any future events and highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Cristina, 1/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

From start to finish the whole process with Rey was seamless. He really listened to my direction and put on one heck of a party! There wasn't a guest at my wedding who wasn't on the dance floor. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Nathalia, 1/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Rey is awesome to work with - we found him when he was playing at a bridal show. His emulator set- up really stands out from the DJ equipment. The music was on point the whole evening. Thanks Rey!

Wedding 1/7/17