Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers Reviews

76 | Pearl River, NY

76 Reviews for Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers

Dilma Siempira · Married on 12/14/2019

Wedding centerpieces!

I love the centerpieces for my wedding. They did such an amazing job. I highly recommend them. They are very nice people and flexible.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Brighid Kivlehan · Married on 11/01/2019

Beautiful Flowers

I can't imagine a better place to go to for wedding flowers. Everyone was so easy to work with. My flowers were even more amazing than I could have imagined. Like most brides I went in with a few pictures online but no real idea of what waa realistic for my wedding date and season. From.the moment I walked I felt like I was in good hands. They asked thoughtful question about my venue, my dress, and the overall feel I wanted for the wedding. We came up with a great plan for the flowers. They were really flexible too. I added an extra flower girl. I just e-mailed them and they responded within a few hours. They even reached out to me before they placed the final flower order just to make sure there were no more changes. Everyone raved about how beautiful the bouquets were. I couldn't be happier. I will be forever thankful.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Donna · Married on 10/19/2019

Crismale wedding

Everything was perfect. Just what I wanted and pictured ! Thanks so much !!!!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Jason

Jason Geane (Creative Soul Catering) · Married on 09/07/2019

Thank You!

I am new to the wedding catering game, but not to the business with 25 years of experience. Putting this all together would have been difficult if I did not have the professional and expert help from Mia. Thank you all the staff at SDBF!!!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Tiel Menger · Married on 05/24/2019

Beautiful bouquet

Have been using this florist for years and they were a no-brainer for my wedding. They did a GORGEOUS job on my bouquet and centerpieces and were very attentive. They listened to exactly what I wanted and made it come together more beautifully than I had imagined!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Lisette · Married on 12/29/2018

professional services

my family and i were beyond pleased with our arrangements and bouquets. not only were they professional but really listened to all our specific request. Thank you !

Sent on 12/31/2018

Marquise Eugene · Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful Flowers

Had a small intimate winter wedding. Mia was excellent, personable, and professional. She worked with my vision and even offered some suggestions which worked out to be great! I highly recommend these florists!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Alexis · Married on 10/20/2018

Great experience!

My flowers were everything I envisioned and more for my wedding. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Kim · Married on 09/22/2018

Just an outstanding florist!

My experience with MariEllyn and Chris from Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers was absolutely fantastic! My daugther had a vision and at her approval, I sent pictures to MariEllyn of what she was trying to achieve for the evening. When we met at the venue for a trial run, I could not believe my eyes! The arrangement was spot on and gorgeous! On the night of the reception, I was able to go into the room to take a peek as their team was working and I started to cry! The flowers looked so beautiful on the tables (we had 25 tables). They did an outstanding job on the Sweetheart Table, and the Place Card table as well. I got such rave reviews about the flowers all night long. They will work with you until you have exactly what you want. Don't hesitate to use this fabulous florist. They were amazing!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely Amazing

I cannot recommend this vendor enough! MariEllyn understood my vision and worked within my budget to create the most beautiful arrangements possible. I cannot believe how much attention to detail she paid and everything was delivered looking fresh and fantastic. My bouquet still looked stunning and like new three days later - despite the heat and lying on my bedside the whole time! I had an absolutely beautiful arch that she had moved from the ceremony space to showcase our sweetheart table during the reception. I cannot stress enough how amazing it was to work with MariEllyn and her team. Every single element was perfect.

Sent on 02/22/2019

brittany · Married on 08/25/2018

Beyond amazing!

Caryl and Kim at Schweitzer & dykstra were beyond amazing! They really took the time to understand and help us better our vision of what we wanted for our day. They are such pleasures to work with and made it such an enjoyable and easy process. Not to mention the finished product was beautiful. All of our arrangements were gorgeous and all our bouquets and boutinerres were literally picture perfect! Thank you for going above and beyond for us! Would DEFINTLEY recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Christie · Married on 11/05/2017

Very creative with arranging the centerpieces and boquets. Can definitely tell they have a lot of experience!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Meaghan · Married on 10/20/2017

Amazingly personal service and gorgeous flowers!

We had such an amazing experience working with MariEllyn and the wonderful team at Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers. Had a great consultation, where we talked about the theme of the wedding and the space and what we wanted. Within minutes, MariEllyn had created a sample bouquet and had NAILED my aesthetics and taste. Day of, MariEllyn delivered our bouquets, boutonnieres, and flowers for our arch and ceremony seating. She was kind, excited, took the time to put the boutonnieres and corsages on all our wedding party. She completely transformed the ceremony space with her designs. And, had extra flowers and materials to add to our cake and other spaces at the venue. The care, thought, and artistry that went into the work that MariEllyn went above and beyond anything that I could have dreamed of! I would recommend Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers for any event. They will bring your dreams to reality!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2017

Mariellyn and her team were amazing to work with. All the flowers and centerpieces looked beautiful and made my wedding dream a reality.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Marie · Married on 09/30/2017

I have nothing but positive things to say about MariEllyn, Carol, and the rest of the Schweizer & Dykstra team. They are AMAZING!

We came to Mariellyn at the recommendation of one of my family members. When we sat down during our initial consultation, I shared a mish-mash of ideas, Pinterest pictures, and half-formed thoughts about what I thought I wanted my wedding flowers to look like. MariEllyn and team listened carefully and immediately began assembling arrangements on the spot to try to capture what I was describing. She listened to what I liked and didn't like, and her suggestions really helped my vision come to life.

Not only are MariEllyn and team talented florists, they're also honestly crazy fun to work with! Wedding planning is stressful, and to have a vendor you just enjoy being around was so great to have. We laugh and joke during our appointments, and it's just like being with a group of your friends.

Finally, wedding day came. The flower arrangements were TRULY spectacular. The pictures I included with this review don't do it justice, and it doesn't capture all the statement pieces MariEllyn created for my event. Our guests were so impressed with everything, and people wouldn't stop asking me who did my flowers. The statement piece she created for my sweetheart table was completely show-stopping.

We LOVED working with Schweizer & Dykstra and wholeheartedly recommend them for any bride looking for the best florist around!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/22/2017

We decided to go with Schweizer & Dykstra Beautiful Flowers as our florist based on reviews we read on Wedding Wire and we could not have made a better choice! From the very first meeting we knew we were in good hands. MariEllyn was absolutely amazing! She was so easy to talk to and really understood what I was looking for and ran with it. The entire process was so stress free and enjoyable. MariEllyn went above and beyond to make sure our flowers were perfect and I didn't worry for a second about how everything would turn out. She even made sure we got as much use out of our flowers as possible by moving our ceremony arch behind the sweetheart table for the reception. It looked beautiful and we were so happy we got to enjoy it the rest of the night. I highly recommend Schweizer & Dykstra. They are a pleasure to work with and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Sylvia · Married on 09/16/2017

Mia at Schweizer Florist was absolutely fantastic! I've been using this florist for years, so I knew I wanted the best florist for my daughters wedding. Mia worked with us & made our vision come to life. When I entered Indian Trail Club, and saw the beautiful room, I was so overwhelmed. I never thought anything could look that beautiful! Every flower arrangement from the bridal bouquet, to the centerpieces were exquisite! Mia's patience & understanding of what we wanted was perfect. Thank you Mia & Chris for all your help, from the bridal shower to the wedding day. It was a fabulous day thanks to you!
    Sylvia Stavella

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/01/2017

Mia was wonderful tonwork with. She easily made constant changes to our order and exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2017

My husband and I could not have been happier with the service and gorgeous flower/displays that were put together. Everything and everyone went above and beyond my expectation and I am very grateful.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

MariEllyn at Schweizer and Dykstra Flowers was absolutely wonderful to work with. From our first correspondence to our last, she was HUMAN. I had the bizarre scenario of organizing my entire wedding from abroad. Across the sea from Japan, I started a dialogue with many vendors that seemed "computer generated". I was pleasantly surprised to receive MariEllyn's response with such warmth and openness to collaborate. By the time I met her (on my wedding day!) she greeted me with a hug as though we were old friends. Said "don't worry, I got this", and proceeded to decorate my ceremony arch better than any photo we had shared back and forth. Marched into the groomsmen room and expertly pinned the boutonnières. Presented me with a glorious bridal bouquet, put a family trinket into the bouquet on the spot and went to set up the reception tent. Above and beyond the centerpieces, she scattered petals and placed other props about the tent. I highly recommend this wonderful soul to any bride. When she says, "I got this.." she most definitely delivers!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Elissa · Married on 06/04/2017

Words can not begin to express how pleased I was with the flowers at my sons wedding. MaryEllen and the team did an amazing job of bringing my daughter in laws vision to fruition! Everyone commented on how beautiful everything was done. I can honestly say I did not worry about one thing.... They were an absolute joy to work with!

Sent on 07/26/2017

missy · Married on 06/02/2017

No advice needed, use them! The flowers were beautiful and the staff was terrific!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Missy · Married on 06/02/2017

Chris , Maryellen and staff were above and beyond with their work and helpfulness. Every suggestion was beautiful and professionally completed. Not only were my son's flowers gorgeous but my neighbors daughter also had their flowers done at Schweizer and Dykstra florists. All were a fairytale come true. Thank you so very much!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Lori · Married on 10/08/2016

We would suggest meeting Mariellyn and Caryl in person if possible! They are so warm, creative, funny and accommodating. They were able to turn our ideas into tangible, beautiful centerpieces, bouquets and chuppah. They worked with the items we brought, had suggestions of where to find other elements we needed and stuck as close to our budget as possible. Mariellyn even brought back a succulent from a trip to CA that she thought would look great in my bouquet! The day of our outdoor wedding it appeared as though it might rain, they were going to come back and move everything inside if necessary. Fortunately, it was not but just their offer eased our concern about the rain. We could not have asked for better people to work with, they are a 5 star operation! Sara L and Mom

Sent on 10/26/2016
  • stephania

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

These women Mary Ellen and Carol were beyond amazing!! They worked within our budget, they treated us like family... they knew about our wedding since 2 years ago!!! They were on time, very professional and most importantly affordable!! Our bouquets, boutonnières, arch and center pieces were gorgeous!!

Sent on 10/10/2016