Schroder Photography Reviews

52 Reviews for Schroder Photography

• Tina

Tina Hansen · Married on 01/19/2020

Amazing photographer!

We booked Louis and Alex for our Jan 19th wedding and they were great from the start! Louis is friendly and takes his time with you, listening to your preferences and taking the time to understand you and your style! He met with us in person to make sure we all felt comfortable together and listened to all of our ideas! Our wedding day turned out to be pretty cold with some recent heavy snow but we wanted some outdoor pictures and they pulled it off like pros! Their prices are very reasonable and I as soon as I saw his portfolio I knew I wanted him for our wedding. Can't say enough good things! THANKS LOUIS!!

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Cabrera Andeer · Married on 03/15/2019

We Highly Recommend Louis!

Having Louis as our wedding photographer was hands down one of the best decisions we made. We got married at the Madison Hotel in Morristown, NJ this past March. Louis was so easy to work with - even during our first phone call he immediately made us feel like we've known him forever. It was such a relief to have a professional wedding photographer who had experience shooting at our venue.

He was very reasonably priced, has a ton of experience which shows in every single photograph he took, and was very responsive.

We didn't do an engagement shoot as we opted for a second photographer instead, and we didn't regret the decision.

The day of our wedding, Louis and his assistant took many photos from different aspects and from both sides of the family. Honestly, we didn't even realize Louis and his assistant were taking photographs for the majority of the day. They got some great action shots that my partner and I didn't personally witness - it was great having these photographs to see how much our family and friends enjoyed our wedding!

Our sneak peak was given to us approximately a week after our wedding, and all of our photographs (definitely well over 1,000 photos) were given to us within a month and a half.

If you're looking for a photographer who is professional, reliable and overall a genuinely great person with a clear passion for what he does, Louis is your guy!

P.S. - Louis is the only photographer I have seen that offers 3D photographs. Trust me when I say this is definitely something you should consider adding onto your package! My partner and I were hesitant at first since we didn't know how a 3D photograph would come out, but once Louis explained to us the process, we were hooked. Our 3D photographs came in a beautiful wooden box carved with our names and wedding date. It is the perfect thing to have on our coffee table and is a great conversation starter. The 3D photographs made me feel like I was reliving our wedding day all over again.

We would 100% recommend Louis to our friends and family and will definitely use him again for future photo shoots!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for such a thorough review! And thanks for being the first Couple to add 3D to your package. It's something that I started offering in 2019 and I believe I probably am the only photographer anywhere to offer it. You have in the little wooden box something very exclusive. I am sure people will love to look at it over the years! I'll see you again down the road for more photos!

Photographer

Jovan · Married on 10/07/2018

Louis & Alex were the absolute best for my wedding this past weekend in Asbury Park at Tim McLoone's Supper Club. They were so friendly, professional and eager to ensure we got all of the pictures we wanted & more. My wedding party & family loved them both and truly enjoyed working with them. We could truly see how much they love what they do and how much they wanted to capture all of the love throughout my day. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Marcy · Married on 09/09/2018

Beautiful wedding photographs

Louis and his assistant Alex, photographed our wedding in September 2018. It rained on our special day and deep down I was upset about the rain and concerned about how the photographs would turn out. Both Louis and Alex were so reassuring and they definitely did not disappoint! Louis and Alex delivered such beautiful and romantic photos. I am so glad that we picked Schroder Photography to photograph our wedding day. I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

Louis was absolutely amazing and a pleasure to work with. A great professional, he knew what pictures would look the best and made sure to capture of all the important moments. Any pictures that we requested to be taken were taken. We have seen some of our pictures as posted on Facebook, as they were put up the same day, and they were amazing and breathtaking. I can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures! I highly recommend Louis to photograph any event as he was amazing. Should I ever need to hire a photographer for any event, I will be calling Louis. Thanks for everything Louis!!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Marilyn · Married on 05/06/2018

We are so happy we picked Louis to be the photographer at our wedding! He was pleasant from the very beginning and forthcoming about the entire process. I definitely wanted the wedding to be as laid back as possible, which we talked about beforehand so that everyone would be on board. Louis and his assistant were super friendly and were able to take tons of candid shots. We got lots of positive feedback from guests about how "the photographers stayed out of the way", which isn't always the case. The pictures came out wonderful and captured even the smallest details. We got the photos back within a month of the wedding. We truly appreciated everything and would highly recommend Louis to anyone in need of an event photographer! :)

Sent on 07/02/2018

Courtney · Married on 04/07/2018

Best decision ever made. Of all our vendors, Louis was the easiest and best to work with. From the first phone call I got the sense that Louis would match our personalities perfectly, laid back and fun (with the exception of my bridezilla moment 15 minutes before the ceremony, which was captured hillariously). I don't know how he physically did it, but he caught every moment. Some of my favorite shots are of the kids being 4 year old kids. Crying, wandering off, in time out... Louis got them. My husband and I are known for NEVER looking good in the same photo at the same time, but he got those too. I can't say enough about his professionalism. The week before the wedding we had a phone call in which he assured me the forecast would be wrong and it wouldn't snow 4-6 inches on my wedding day, while everyone else was reminding me of their weather policies. The day rolls around and it starts to flurry, but it stopped just about the second Louis walked into the room (early). An hour later we got 60 and sunny. That's the kind of positivity I appreciate in a person, let alone a vendor. There was never any pressure to do anything we didn't want to do, and I am so grateful for that. It was truly the best day ever and I am so glad we got our top choice photographer to make sure we remember it for a lifetime. Thank you Louis!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Sara · Married on 10/14/2017

OMG!!! AMAZING!!! Louis was fantastic!!! He was great to work with!! Whenever I would email him before the big day, he would respond, and we had a phone conference the week of the wedding to finalize all plans. Louis and his assistant, Alex, were not only on time, but they were early to arrive!!! Louis was so easy going, and his assistant Alex was fantastic too!! Louis and Alex took such great photos, ones we didn't even know they took!! I have been part of wedding where the photographer tried to steal the show, but Louis was the complete opposite!! I didn't even know he was there sometimes taking photos! They were so approachable and any photo you wanted, they took!! My mom has a big family so she wanted a photo of her and all of her cousins. Louis staged them all during the reception with chairs and height order!!! Truly amazing and great!!! Louis also had such a quick turn around, we got our photo LESS THAN A MONTH after our wedding!!! Truly amazing!! I plan on calling Louis when we have children to do our kid portraits, and any other family event or anything that needs a photographer in the future!! Louis was also very affordable, and allowed us to build our own package!! I can't say enough nice things about Schroder Photography!!! Thank you Louis and Alex!!! We truly love everything you did, and every photo!! We love you both!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Mercedes · Married on 10/12/2017

Louis was the first vendor we booked for our wedding because well.. photography is the way you're going to look back on your beautiful day! It was SO important to my husband and I to have an amazing photographer for our special day, and we were never worried once we booked, met, and worked with Louis. Louis was referred to me by a friend down in Maryland, and we did an engagement session with him about a year before our wedding (with our two dogs too). He made us feel so comfortable, understood our style, and captured amazing, natural, and artistic shots. Once we saw the engagement photos, we knew we had booked a winner for our wedding. Louis is always easy to communicate with, accessible, professional, on time, and reliable. He captured beautiful shots on our wedding day, we were just thrilled getting all of the amazing photos back. Louis was even able to capture some amazing, once in a lifetime shots with our two dogs at the wedding with us, family, friends, etc. We also had a very large bridal party 20 total, and Louis was able to coordinate great group shots and photos effortlessly, as well as amazing candids obviously. If you want a true professional with an amazing eye for capturing your beautiful moments on your special day.. look no further!!!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Schroder Photography's reply:

Mercedes, thanks so much. I enjoyed very much both the engagement session a long year before the wedding and your wedding day itself. My objective throughout my career has been to make photos that my clients will love for many years and am I very pleased that I have done that for you guys. Thanks again and send my best to Ryan and the pups!

Megan · Married on 10/07/2017

Highly highly recommend Schroder Photography! Louis was so professional and fun to work with. He called me about a week before the wedding and came up with all of the timing (first look, family pictures, etc.) so that we could get all of the shots we wanted while barely missing any of the cocktail hour/reception. He was very organized and really moved our large wedding party along during pictures so that we were all in the right place at the right time. The photos are extremely high quality and you can see how much effort he put into them. I was thrilled to see pictures of all of the guests and even of fun moments that I didn't know happened! I sincerely recommend him- you can put your total faith in him to photograph the day in a way that captures all of the big moments as well as the little details beautifully. I decided on the package with two photographers (the second photographer was Alex and he was excellent as well) because this allowed them to get several angles of key moments.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Brandy · Married on 09/30/2017

Louis was the BEST decision we could have made in terms of hiring a photographer for our wedding! Our wedding took place in Asbury Park, NJ, at the end of September, but we live in the Washington, DC area. He made the long-distance planning process very easy and stress-free. From the beginning phone call with Louis, we knew we would love his work and his ability to not only do the planned pictures that are associated with weddings, but also capture the candid moments creatively -- and that is exactly what he did! We also did an engagement session with him, in which he did a great job incorporating our dog (who was also in the wedding ceremony) -- and it is evident he loves working with both people and animals. We also received comments from guests (and we agree!) that he somehow managed to stay so low profile that it was like we didn't even have a photographer there ((but he captured ALL of the most perfect pictures of the wedding and even photos of our guests)). We left for our honeymoon the day after our wedding and he sent us the picture preview link that day so that we could see some pictures before we left! Then, we received the full set of photos less than a month after our wedding -- his timeliness and professionalism was so very much appreciated. The pictures turned out so amazing that we are going to have a hard time of which ones to print and hang up in our house. We highly recommended Louis and we'll definitely recommend him to family/friends and use him again in the future for anytime we need professional pictures.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Brandy,
    Thanks so much for you kind words. It really was a pleasure capturing not only your wedding day but also the engagement session. Everyone in your family including your pup were very sweet. You guys make my job very enjoyable. Thanks and enjoy the Photos for many decades to come.
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/10/2017

My (now) husband and I had no idea what kind of photos we wanted or even what to expect. So when we told Luis to take the reigns on this we were stunned at not only on his level of professionalism but how artistic he was with photos. He truly but our minds at ease knowing we had a true artistic professional behind the camera. 100% reccomend him!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks Olivia, I really had alot of fun at your wedding. Everyone was so nice and happy. You picked a great venue in Millrace Pond. Thanks for trusting me with your day! Anyone curious can see the preview here: http://www.schroderphotography.com/html/archives/3502 - Louis

Emily · Married on 09/09/2017

I could not of been happier with the whole process of booking and using Louis as a photographer. He was able to capture the moments that we will forever remember and the ones that we did not get to see. I love action shots and nothing too posed and Louis did just that. He gave me a wedding album that my friends and family cannot stop talking about. He was fun and communicated with us and it was great to have him as a guest and professional at our wedding. We had a photo-booth and he took pictures in there and I thought that that was hysterical. My husband and I are so thrilled with the turnout of our photos. His style is very fresh and bright and that is what I love. I love that he has the photos on film as well and I cannot wait to see the final product. Thank you Louis for capturing our wedding and giving us a forever beautiful and fun memory.

Sent on 10/07/2017
  • Summervibes

Jenna · Married on 08/12/2017

Awesome Photos and Photographer

First time we met him, he gave us a perfect example of his method for taking photos.
    Responds to email as soon as possible.
    He is warm and welcoming.
    He fixed a closed eye photo for us right away when we reached out to him.
    Photos look amazing. He does a great job capturing the right background and using the right lighting.
    Photos are completed within three weeks of the wedding.
    He offers great packages.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thank you very much Jenna, it was a pleasure and honor being there and getting to know and photograph your family and friends!

Photographer
    www.SchroderPhotography.com

Marco · Married on 06/10/2017

Louis was great! We were planning our wedding from out of town and he was very accommodating with Skype meetings and working around our travel schedule for our engagement shoot. He recommended that we do engagement photos and I'm really glad we did, we were able to meet him in person and get a little more comfortable being photographed. it made that portion of the wedding day much less stressful. We had two shooters for the wedding which worked out really well; my mom was worried about how many pictures we'd have because she said she never noticed the photographers but we have tons of amazing photos! Louis and Alex were unobtrusive while still catching all the important moments and tons of awesome candids! We're very happy with the quality and selection of the photos we received and can't wait to see our album. thanks louis!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks Marco, it was a pleasure photographing both the wedding and the engagement session. You are right the engagement session is really good for many reasons and I enjoy meeting the couple beforehand like this. When I see the couple at the wedding later on, I feel like I know them already (and I do) which is an added plus. Hope to see you guys down the road for some family photos!

Emily · Married on 06/03/2017

We really enjoyed working with Louis. He was extremely professional and patient with our bridal party and knew how to work a tough group of people with a short attention span! Our guests also raved about our photos. We cannot recommend his services enough! You will not be disappointed if you decide to use Schroder Photography!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Erin · Married on 05/06/2017

Louis was so great to work with for our wedding! I was very nervous because it was supposed to rain during our first look photos and Louis put me at ease and everything turned out perfectly. I was looking to capture the more candid details of the day and the photos are just what I wanted. Would absolutely recommend Schroder Photography!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Devon · Married on 04/29/2017

Shame on us that it’s been almost 1 year since our wedding & we’re just now writing a review for our AMAZING photographer! Louis & his assistant, Alex, were so much fun yet professional to work with. I seriously couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. He worked within our timeline & our itinerary and made suggestions accordingly to ease my crazy bride-stressed mind. Louis captured our day perfectly from my ridiculous gestures to each precious & candid moment including our officiant running late to the ceremony! He came with a variety of cameras, including “old-fashioned” film (LOL!) ones to create unique feelings for each image. In addition to a wonderful photographer, he’s the best secret keeper! I called him to inform him of a surprise for my husband-to-be & told him I needed him to get that moment because I knew I wouldn’t remember & he delivered perfectly. He also delivered our full set of pictures within a month from our wedding & emailed us one of the film pictures just days after while we were on our honeymoon. I 100% recommend Louis & if I had to do it all again, would pick him in a heartbeat!

I totally recommend the Engagement/Ice-Breaker session. It gave Mike & I the opportunity to get to know Louis & his style & gave him the opportunity to get to know us & our personalities. It took away the awkwardness of having someone following you & capturing the intimate moments that you want to remember. And, because we had this time, before our wedding, Louis felt like a friend rather than just one of our vendors.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Schroder Photography's reply:

Hey Devon, Thanks so much for the review! I appreciate it even a year later LOL. But seriously 2017 was a great year of weddings for me and yours was a big part of it. It was a great day with great people at a very nice venue. Your wedding was also the first one that I started my Hasselblad Film Camera Behind the scenes project which you can view here: https://youtu.be/kSJIt8eo3R0 You appear in the middle of the video. You are also so right about the engagement session, its so great to do and get to know the couples and vice versa beforehand!
    All the best!

Sara · Married on 04/28/2017

Louis Schroder captured my April 2017 wedding in a beautiful way. I explained to Louis what I wanted and he gave me exactly that. As the bride, I learned it is difficult to take in all parts of the wedding day because you can't be everywhere at once. Thanks to Louis and the gorgeous photos he took, we are able to really look back on what a amazing night it was. He captured every detail that my husband and I worked so hard to achieve and all the emotion that was present on that day. We will cherish these photos forever and we highly recommend using Schroder Photography for your upcoming wedding or event.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks Sara. It was a pleasure to have your wedding as one of the first in the new season. I take great pride in the trust you put on me and am glad to have produced images that will live on within your family for decades to come!

Carrie · Married on 08/27/2016

Louis Schroder and his assistant Alex captured every single moment beautifully. They were so professional and subtle that my husband and I almost didn't even realize they were at work throughout the entire night. We had a very active dance floor, and all the action shots were amazing. Once the sun went down, the lighting in our venue turned rather dim, yet all of the late night shots came out beautifully. Louis was great at getting genuine smiles during the staged group photos, and he was on point with capturing candid moments as well. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks Carrie for the review I really appreciate it! You guys were a fabulous couple to photograph. Thanks again for trusting me for such a big day.

Christine · Married on 07/15/2016

We are so happy we went with Louis Schroder as our photographer for our wedding. His photos of our day are, in a word, incredible. He had such a beautiful variety of artistic and photo-journalistic shots that captured the gorgeous garden setting and the emotion and joy of the day.

The bridal salon where I got ready wasn't very well lit, yet Louis's shots ALL came out superbly; I know that's not easy to do and he did it so well. While sometimes I find photos of people dancing corny, I was SO impressed with the action shots Louis took--I could seriously make a mini album of just that part of the night! This is a testament to his skill and talent.

One thing that made me know we were in good hands was our experience with Louis during our engagement shoot. We chose the West Village, Meatpacking district and finally Central Park as our backdrops and every shot is amazing. Louis's use of light captured the mood and character of the city. His friendly demeanor helped us relax and have fun in front of the camera. I'm really glad we had that time with him before the big day. Thank you, Louis!!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thank you Christine and Craig, it was such a pleasure photographing not only your wedding day but the engagement session in NYC also, it was alot of fun. Working with you guys was great and I really appreciate not only your comments here but also the trust you put in me when you booked me. Hope to see you guys down the road again!

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2016

When my husband and I were deciding on a photographer for our wedding, it was important that we found someone who could take beautiful pictures, while at the same time allowing us to enjoy every minute of our day. We found that and more with Louis Schroder. Louis and his assistant Alex were so much fun, kind, and incredibly professional. They were always there when we wanted a picture taken and even more amazingly, they were able to capture moments when we didn't even realize it. Louis has a wonderful way of camouflaging himself into his surroundings, a very journalistic approach. This was so wonderful during our wedding because we weren't asked to be taken away from the partying for pictures. We had our formal photos taken before the ceremony, which were beautiful and fun. We also did large extended family photos in the beginning of the reception and Louis and Alex were so patient while placing everyone; it was awesome! The journalistic approach that Louis takes in the moment is then coupled with a truly artistic quality when developing the pictures. The moments he captures and the way the photos are brought to life is simply magic. We felt at ease with every picture taken on that beautiful day! Now we will have artistic, unique and stunning proof that such an amazing day took place thanks to Schroder Photography!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Jennifer, it was my pleasure! Enjoy the photographs for many decades to come!

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

Louis was so amazing to work with. My favorite thing about Schroder Photography (initially) was the fact that the website had a cost calculator to help me figure out what we'd be spending. I didn't see anyone else with this feature. Louis is prompt, has great intuition, and is kind and pleasant. He got our pictures back to us to quickly. Great experience. Thank you!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks Amanda, from the moment I met you guys i knew we were a perfect match! All the best to you guys and send my regards to your Mom.
    Louis

Picking a photographer for the wedding was probably one of the most important things for me. I wanted someone who would capture the excitement, love, and joy the day would bring and Louis did all that and more! His pictures were gorgeous and he captured everything that I had wanted! From day one, when I submitted my inquiry, Louis made the process so easy - he told me about the special he was having at the time, allowed me to make adjustments to my package, and just kept me informed throughout the process. When it came close to the wedding, we met and discussed the details and again - Louis was professional and so easy to work with. My husband and I had a few ideas for pictures but it was Louis who really helped us fine tune our vision and also helped us realized the timeline of our day and expectations.

On the day of the wedding, Louis was on time and started working immediately without being intrusive. He was so patient and friendly us and with my family and friend - he really did help continue the fun vibe of the day.

When it came to seeing the pictures afterwards, Louis had teaser pictures for us the very next day and I couldn't believe how amazing the pictures came out! He continued to keep me posted of when the rest of the pictures would be ready and I really appreciated that.

If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding in NJ who is professional, easy to work with and reasonably priced then Schroder Photograpghy is a great pick!

Sent on 05/07/2016

Gina · Married on 01/09/2016

Louis was simply amazing! He did our engagement and wedding photos and both sessions were so unique and creative, my husband and I loved every single picture! Louis is amazing to work with, and the final product of his photos are beautiful; each shot was so perfectly finished. If you are looking for a photographer to capture the special little moments of your wedding, with candid shots that show the true emotion of the day, then Louis is the photographer for you! I cannot thank him enough for all of the amazing photos and memories of our special day!

Sent on 02/13/2016

Schroder Photography's reply:

Thanks Gina for your kind words! We had much more snow in the engagement pics one year earlier than on your wedding day. I guess that was a good thing! All the best!