34 Reviews for Schauer Arts Center

Tables (1)
Barware (1)
Parking (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

Jessica and Amy were super helpful in the process of planning my wedding and answered all my questions and offered great advice. I am so happy to have found such a unique venue. I had soooo many compliments from guests! The team at the Schauer Arts Center truly went above and beyond to make my wedding reception perfect. I would recommend this venue to anyone. Very reasonably priced too!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was great! Worked with Jessica the whole 9mo. of planning and she was awesome! Replies very quickly and very accommodating! Helps any way she can and also gives suggestions. She had a team to help us set up the day of since we did ceremony and reception in the same hall and everything went so smoothly. My husband and I were practicing a surprise 1st dance and she let us come a few times to practice in the space. I would definitely recommend this place and she helped make our day amazing!

Profile Picture Sheree, 4/20/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Schauer Arts Center is a fantastic space for a wedding, and their event planning staff, especially Jessica Helmer, were absolutely amazing with keeping track of all of the parts of my event and really making me feel at ease going into my wedding day. Jessica was always available for any questions, no matter how small or how many times I had asked it. The movement from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception was absolutely flawless, and the venue’s bar staff were attentive and really helped make all of our guests feel at ease and enjoy themselves. Jessica’s hard work really made my wedding day the best day of my life. I would absolutely recommend this venue and their wonderful event team to any bride looking for a very memorable wedding.

Profile Picture Leigh, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was so beautitful. It was so unique to have our wedding ceremony in the theatre. It was also nice to rent out the Wisconsin Auto Museum for our guests to explore during the cocktail hour. Jessica, the event coorinator, was super helpful throughout the entire process. It is nice that you are able to find your own caterer and the bar prices are decent. You can't go wrong with this venue!!

Profile Picture Nicki, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Barware, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

I am so grateful that I selected the Schauer Center for my wedding. Brandon made the entire wedding planning a breeze and was available to answer any questions. Brandon was extremely easy to work with and went above and beyond for us. The day of the wedding was the same. Anything I, my husband or anyone else in the bridal party needed he was there. Seriously, I can't put any more emphasis on how easy Brandon was to work with and how seamless the made the day. Nothing but impressed!

Profile Picture Alexandria, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have chosen a better place to have our wedding reception! The Schauer Center has a totally unique feel to it and we received so many compliments on the space. Our guests loved touring the Auto Museum during cocktail hour -- it really adds a fun touch! The combination of the Pike's Peak room and the Suckow gallery allowed our guests plenty of room to spread out and either dance or chat throughout the night; even with 200 guests, it never felt crowded and really set the stage for a fun evening. While I could say a lot more about how great the Schauer Center facility is, one of the biggest reasons we ultimately chose the site for our reception was because of Brandon, the Schauer Center's Event Coordinator. We can't say enough good things about him. Brandon truly went above and beyond before, during, and after our event. We wanted to do some more unique things which required bringing in several outside vendors, which Brandon coordinated seamlessly so we wouldn't have to worry about it. He was constantly checking in on the bridal party and our families to make sure everything was going smoothly during the reception, and even diffused a bridal meltdown! We highly recommend that anyone searching for a unique venue with a talented, professional event coordinator check out the Schauer Center.

Profile Picture Elise, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brandon was unbelievable ! He went above and beyond to make sure our daughters wedding reception was perfect

Profile Picture Kristie, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Schauer Center was the PERFECT location for our wedding. The venue was the perfect size for our guest count of about 150. Brandon the Events coordinator was amazing to work with. He was very accommodating with all my questions before the big day and on the day of our wedding he was making sure everything ran smoothly; I didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guests were able to go right from the church to the reception at the Schauer Center where we had the Wisconsin Auto museum adjoining the hall, rented as well, for our guests to tour and enjoy. The art gallery serves as the cocktail and hors d'oeuvres space in the Schauer Center. The grand built in bar is a great place for everyone to enjoy drinks and appetizers before entering into the main hall at dinner time. The floor to ceiling windows in the hall give an amazing view and back drop to dance the night away. Between the option for the Auto Museum, the Suckow art gallery and the Pike's Peak hall, they all give this venue a very unique feel in comparison to other venue options.
If my husband and I had to choose a venue again we would definitely pick the Schauer Center. We highly recommend Brandon& the Schauer Center to any Bride&Groom looking for a wedding venue or venue for any other event!

Profile Picture Sara, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Schauer Art Center. It was great to have the ceremony and cocktail reception all in one place. We also rented the Wisconsin Auto Museum for guests to view while we were getting pictures taken and during the reception. It was great! People could mingle or go into the auto museum with a cocktail. The Schauer center has so much character and is such a unique venue, it’s exactly what we were looking for something “different”. The addition of the bar to the Art gallery was an absolute hit! The event coordinator is simply amazing!! Brandon was extremely helpful and attentive from the moment I first contacted him. Brandon did everything he could to accommodate our needs and desires. He worked with us to tailor our wedding exactly how we wanted it and ensured that it went smoothly the day of. And it certainly did!! We had so many compliments on Brandon’s attentive service not only to us but to all our guests. Brandon was coined the “GEM” throughout the evening!! He was everywhere and more than willing to help out where ever he could.
I can’t say enough how great our experience was. Our family and friends continuously compliment us on what a wonderful and unique wedding we had there! Brandon definitely helped make our event at the Schauer Art Center a memorable one that will last forever!
Steve and Mary Schafer

Profile Picture Mary , 4/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brandon was amazing with the event coordinating and being so responsive to any emails I sent him. The venue was gorgeous and everyone had such a great time. With being the bride, Brandon did not let me help with anything and made sure that I was relaxed and had a good time. He tried very hard to make everything perfect and he for sure did. Thanks to Brandon, I had the best wedding and reception. I told him I did not know where to get an officiant, caterer, photographer and he had an email for me with names of people that I could contact. If it was not for him I would not have had the most perfect wedding.

Profile Picture Sara, 2/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Our wedding went so smoothly! Brandon, the event director, did an amazing job. He was extremely professional, courteous, and really cared about making sure everything was perfect for our day. He not only made sure that we were doing great during the reception, but asked our families if he could do anything for them as well. My dad even talked about how great he was during our father daughter dance!!

The space is incredible and our guests loved the history behind the building. The art gallery was used as the cocktail space, and looked gorgeous when we arrived. Pike's Peak is a huge room that Brandon helped make look amazing by hanging our paper lanterns throughout. You might be thrown off by the orange and green walls, but don't be! Your guests won't notice and you won't even think about it on your wedding day!

Overall we highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture User4447278, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

We stood up in our friend's wedding. Everything was amazing. Brandon Herr, the events coordinator was nothing less than perfect. So helpful and attentive. My husband and I are considering doing our 10 year anniversary party here!!

Profile Picture Abbie, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brandon Herr from the Schauer Center was awesome to work with. He was very responsive with any emails I sent him, he decorated my room and made it look exactly like my vision, and the day\night of the wedding he made sure everyone in the bridal party and our parents were taken care of. I can not say enough good things about him!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So happy I decided to use the Schauer Center for my reception! I couldn't be happier! The place has great character and style with plenty of space for any amount of guests. We had about 150 guests and there was plenty of room for people to walk between tables and not feel cramped. The price was very reasonable compared to other places we looked and the fact that the bar is all set up through the Schauer Center helped save money compared to most places we made budgets for while deciding. They are able to get pretty much any beer, wine, or alcohol you want and assisted in keeping within our budget. The additional option of renting the Auto Museum is great to give the guests something to enjoy during down time while the bridal party did photos. The director of event services, Brandon Herr, was fabulous! We started booking and getting things organized with the previous coordinator, and then Brandon was hired midway through our planning. This made me a bit nervous at first, but he was seriously the best thing about the Schauer Center. He kept everything organized and had great rapport with the other vendors. I had concerns about my dessert table when the catering company offered very little assistance and he made sure to take care of it with the catering staff. He seriously was everywhere at once! I really don't know how he keeps it all organized while being of such great assistance to everyone. My bridal party and my parents all commented on how he would check in with them to make sure they didn't need anything during the night. He worked with us to make our specialty cocktail perfect and everything went off without a hitch. He responded to emails in a reasonable amount of time and his attention to ALL details as the date approached was remarkable. So happy we chose the Schauer Arts Center for our wedding and will continue to recommend it to everyone!

Profile Picture User4440409, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my reception here and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I had a lot of doubt about how my big day in general was going to flow. I never really was around many weddings nor had I ever planned one before. However, Brandon and the Schauer Center staff made all my worries disappear! Brandon handled everything right down to the T and it turned out beautifully! The whole night ran so smoothly I didn't have to worry about anything at all and was actually able to enjoy the whole night. Brandon I have to say is so awesome and fantastic at his job. He was willing and able to help out with anything that needed to be done from making up fancy bows for my candy jars to pouring the water in all the pitchers at each table! I highly recommend having any sort of wedding or party here!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I work for a catering company and we catered a wedding there. I felt compelled to write about Schauer's event coordinator, Brandon Herr. He is outstanding! We were so impressed with his willingness to help with anything....he went above and beyond. He has amazing attention to detail and is so friendly and charismatic. He made our job so easy, such a pleasure to work with!! The venue is beautiful and I highly recommend working with Brandon!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Brandon and the Schauer center were awesome! I absolutely loved the venue, however Brandon made it even better. He was there the whole night of the wedding helping with anything we needed! He went above and beyond! We were short 5 chair covers while decorating and he ran out to get more so we had them before the wedding! I can't recommend this place enough!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We planned our wedding remotely and picked Schauer based on pictures, reviews and word of mouth. It seemed a little expensive to me, but I found that it was comparable and well worth it in the end. I met with the event coordinator and he showed me around and answered all my questions. I loved it more than I thought I would. The stairs, bar/lobby and banquet room have so much charm and character. The event coordinator was leaving and he didn't have a replacement yet, so I was a little uneasy, but it was still well before the wedding. Brandon took over and was great. I met with him and went over details and bar accommodations. This part is expensive, but, again, comparable and the biggest party you will ever throw! We were really impressed when it came to the wedding weekend. Schauer was flexible and we were able to come in and decorate on Friday. Our caterer, Bubbs/All Occasions (very good as well) had dropped off the table clothes. I showed up with a ton of stuff and a crew of girls. Brandon was super organized and helpful! Saturday, we showed up and just had fun like we should! We added on the car museum for guests, which I recommend also. Guests loved it and we got some awesome pictures. The two bars were plenty to serve the guests (about 160) during the cocktail hour and the rest of the night. Brandon worked with the caterers and kept everything organized and flowing smoothly. We had a live band (Saddlebrook, also awesome). Brandon worked with them on set up and the spot in the room with top to bottom windows was perfect for the band! The biggest relief was at the end of the night, when we did not have to clean up! Brandon and the bartenders cleaned up everything and we were able to leave our things in a secure room to pick up on Monday. We felt like Brandon was a friend at the end of it and he did everything with ease and a smile on his face. We loved our venue pick and want to thank everyone who had a hand it our event, especially Brandon!

Profile Picture Kate, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently rented the Schauer Center for both our cocktail hour and reception. We also rented the adjoining Wisconsin Auto Museum for our guests to visit during the cocktail hour. With renting the Schauer Center, we were able to have both the Pike Peak's room and the art gallery for one flat price.

Brandon, the new event coordinate, was AMAZING! During the planning stages he worked with us to make sure that everything would be exactly like we wanted on the day of the wedding. The day before/day of the wedding he helped with getting all of the decorating done correctly, and made it so that we didn't have anything extra to worry about during the day of the wedding. During the reception he made sure that everything went smoothly, working with all of our other vendors, and he made sure that whenever we wanted something, it was taken care of immediately. We cannot thank Brandon enough for all that he did!

We loved the character that this venue had. It wasn't just another banquet hall, and we think that the venue selection went a long way towards making our wedding a huge success.

Profile Picture User4424999, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Schauer Center is a wonderful place to have a wedding reception. The staff is very friendly and helpful which made it less stressfull for planning the wedding reception. We had lots of help from Brandon decorating and he made sure everything ran smoothly. Our guests liked having the art gallery area to visit aside from being in the Pikes Peak room where the music was louder. The entire experience was fantastic and really made us happy!

Profile Picture User4498053, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Things were a bit shaky at first because the Schauer Center was going through some event manager changes, but once Brandon was hired things were great! He was responsive to all of our wants and needs before the wedding, and was an active presence during the reception! Everyone had a great time and loved Pike's Peak and the art gallery. We also rented the Wisconsin Auto Museum for a very reasonable price, which really added a special touch!

Profile Picture Jacqui and Patrick, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Enough can't be said for how wonderful the Schauer Center is.
First for the venue -- If you're looking for a non-traditional location for your wedding in southeastern Wisconsin, but don't want to spend an outrageous amount, look no further than the Schauer Center. The space is completely unique. The Art Gallery has gorgeous high ceilings, beautiful exposed wood beams and wood floors, and conversation-starting local artwork. The staircase is amazing for photos (we used the stairs for our first-look and a large photo of all of our guests). The Pikes Peak room has beautiful windows to let in natural light. With high ceilings and an industrial-chic vibe, there's so much potential for how you can decorate the space and make it your own. If you want some extra entertainment for guests, rent out the Wisconsin Auto Museum, too. A really neat, one-of-a-kind addition to any celebration. We had the museum open during our cocktail hour and it was so much fun for guests and kids to walk through.
Next, the staff is amazing. If you know exactly what you want for your event, the staff will make it happen. If you're not quite sure, the staff will give you tons of ideas and make it perfect!
I should mention, the Director of Event Services, Brandon Herr, started his position a month before our wedding. He stepped in with short notice to take on our extensive plans and make it perfect. There are few people I'd feel confident giving this challenge to, but Brandon was exceptional!
Brandon and Brenda, the Executive Director, were fantastic to work with. They helped us through every detail and were on-site throughout the event to make sure everything went smoothly. Brandon is a pro and kept everything on schedule. There was a concert in the auditorium the night of our wedding, but the staff made sure that nothing interfered with our plans. Whether you're a planner or looking for someone to handle all the details of your event, you won't be disappointed with the Schauer Center.

Profile Picture Mary, 4/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was extremely happy with my decision to have my wedding at the Schauer Center. I could not have asked for a better venue, every one was professional, polite, and went above and beyond to make everything go smoothly. I am more than happy.

Profile Picture Carissa, 1/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Derek was amazing; we can't say enough great things about him and his staff. From planning, the rehersal all the way to the actual wedding, everything went smooth. If there were things that we wanted to change - he made it happen. For instance, as a wedding gift, a bridesmaid purchased a Smores bar for us. She worked with Derek and planned it all without the bride and groom's knowledge and he didn't even leak a word! He goes out of his way to accommodate the bride and groom and we are grateful for his support and earerness to help. Thank you Derek and your team- you're simply the best!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What an amazing and unique venue for our perfect wedding day! Would recommend the Schauer Center to everyone for any event. Derek was very helpful during the planning process and was present on our big day to make sure everything was executed perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding venue and staff.

Profile Picture Lexi, 9/28/13, 2 Reviews