SCE Event Group Reviews

SCE Event Group 7
  • Emily

Emily Falcone · Married on 08/18/2019

Best DJ around!

We loved working with SCE for our Jersey City wedding. Jeff is the best and made sure us and all of our guests were having a great time all night. Brianne was a delight to work with leading up to the wedding and answered every question/concern very quickly.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Kallie

Kallie Knebl · Married on 08/17/2019

Beyond Amazing

Paul Knox at SCE was the DJ at my wedding this past weekend and was beyond amazing. Literally everyone at the wedding was on the dance floor all night. I received so many compliments on how much fun people had. I can’t wait to see him at another wedding one day!!

Sent on 08/20/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting Paul and the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group

Eric Subin · Married on 08/10/2019

Jeff Scott Gould destination wedding after party at castle in Ireland

We had a destination wedding at Dromoland Castle in Ireland. We had two live bands for the reception but wanted a first rate DJ to throw a big after party. We searched high and low for something in Ireland or even out of London so we didn't have to fly over even more people but there was nothing that we liked so we started looking near us and came across SCE. We got paired with Jeff Scott Gould and he was perfect for what we wanted. He was very responsive and accommodating and easy to deal with during the prep phase. He started by pitching us on the whole nine yards but we didn't want a second reception for the after party so he scaled it back until it was exactly what we wanted. He came and DJ'd for us and he also recommended that we fly in an electric violinist from Germany that he knew and she was amazing. We spoke with him before the wedding about the types of music that we like and that was all it took He killed the music and Emily riffed with him on the electric violin and the two of them absolutely killed it. They also did a big confetti bomb in the middle of the after party and set up CO2 with CO2 guns that my bride and I could shoot off. It was a wild after party that everyone absolutely loved and it was pretty much 100% thanks to Jeff and Emily and their crew. Jeff even dealt with the Castle regarding whatever their requirements were and took care of pretty much everything, including sourcing the lighting and audio equipment and CO2 and confetti bomb stuff from Europe to save me some money on having to have it shipped from the US. All-in-all, Jeff and company were great and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/11/2019
    SCE Event Group 8
  • Erin

Erin Marthedal · Married on 08/03/2019

SCE Events brought the party!

We met DJ Chris Atwood through a colleague/friend who had hired Chris for their own wedding a number of years ago. He came highly recommended and most certainly delivered. From the start, Chris and all of the staff at SCE events were friendly, responsive, professional and went above and beyond to make our event memorable. They were easy to work with, sent out helpful email reminders and have a very comprehensive web portal to help us organize our event.
    Prior to our wedding, we had multiple meetings with Chris to go over our music choices, all of the many services SCE offers, and the details of the day of our event. He was very flexible but also offered helpful tips throughout the planning process. Chris was easy to communicate with in the days leading up to our wedding and on the day of our event did a fabulous job start to finish!
    Details of our big day:
    Our wedding was 8/3/19 at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum in Morristown, NJ
    DJs: Chris Atwood and DJ Daimon Perez
    Services provided: music/sound support for ceremony, cocktail hour and DJ entertainment for reception
    Event details: outdoor/garden ceremony & cocktail hour with tented reception area; classic 70s-80s and some contemporary hits for cocktail hour, 90s-2000s hip hop, contemporary divas (Lady Gaga, Whitney, Beyonce) and current hits for the reception
    The best part of the night was the energy on the dance floor! We could've kept the party going all night. I would highly recommend SCE Events to anyone looking for wedding/event DJ entertainment!

Sent on 08/08/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

We appreciate you taking your time to review us on Wedding Wire and The Knot! Thank you for sharing your amazing experience!
  • Ashli

Ashli Kravarik · Married on 08/02/2019

Party at Mallard!

From our first meeting with Jason at the SCE office, we knew we wanted to book him. Throughout the whole planning process, Jason and the lovely ladies at SCE helped me feel at ease and answered questions whenever I had them. On the day of the wedding, Jason made us feel at ease by communicating with us about the schedule and flow of things. He also took the time to come over to the two of us and give us some sweet wedding day advice. Jason kept the dance floor going all night long.... from the reception to the after party! So many people told us how fun our wedding was, and I know it was because of the music/energy Jason brought to it. We wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 08/19/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting Jason and the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group

Samantha · Married on 07/25/2019

So much fun

Jeff was our DJ and he was AMAZING from the second we met him we knew he would be the perfect dj for us and he really was. He kept the party going allll night !! We could not thank him enough

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 07/20/2019

Best choice

When people say food and music can make or break your wedding, they aren’t kidding. 2 1/2 weeks out and I received 2 more phone calls today raving about our wedding and our DJ, Jeff, who we had from ceremony to cocktail hour and for our reception. He had our dance floor packed all night long.
    Jeff is not only knowledgeable and made himself available to us throughout our entire planning process to answer questions and help us perfect every detail, but so incredibly talented. His personality and energy was evident throughout our wedding, which made our guests feel welcome to have an amazing time. Jeff had an incredible way of including every personal request for our night from songs to dances to send off, while offering his professional opinions and knowledge from experience to make every detail more perfect than we could have imagined.
    The entire staff at SCE, especially Stephanie & Brianne, responded so quickly to any question we had throughout our entire process. The added work of Jeff’s assistant, Bird, taking pictures and videos of our night made for that many more memories for us to look back on.
    One of the phone calls I received tonight included “if I need a DJ for any event I ever throw again, I will definitely be calling you for his information!”
    Without a doubt, SCE was one of the best decisions we made throughout our planning process. They made our wedding that much more perfect and memorable. Thank you to Jeff and they entire SCE staff! I could not more highly recommend you book them for your event!

Sent on 07/16/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting Jeff and the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group

Caitlin Pinto · Married on 07/20/2019

Ashford Estate Wedding

Wow. We are overwhelmed with gratitude, excitement, and pure happiness thanks to Tony. We met with Tony only a few weeks after being newly engaged because we wanted to make sure we could book SCE. From the moment we met Tony he immediately connected with us, got us super excited, and also comforted us in knowing that he was going to take care of the entire night. Well to say the least, he did more than just take care of the night. I truly felt like I did not have to worry about a thing because Tony was on it. He coordinated the flow of the night, brought the energy, and really made sure the dance floor was packed the entire time. It was a surreal feeling knowing how much energy and fun was all packed into our amazing night and we owe so much of that to Tony. He is passionate about what he does, and as a result our wedding was an absolute blast. He’s simply a genius, and I would recommend him 10 times out of 10.

Sent on 07/21/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

We appreciate you taking your time to review us on Wedding Wire, The Knot, and Google! Thank you for sharing your amazing experience!
  • Mary

Mary Hocking · Married on 07/19/2019

Such an amazing time!

I am so happy I chose SCE Event Group and Tony! He was highly recommended from one of our friends, and when it was time to choose a DJ, Tony was our first and only choice! He was so easy to work with, organized, and had the perfect personality for getting our celebration going! We chose controlled uplighting, and intelligent lighting 1 (2 light towers), and had a photo booth through SCE.

Our reception was seriously EPIC, and that started out with introductions where he involved and raised the energy in the room with our guests. They were so pumped by the time it was my husband and I to enter, and just that alone was unforgettable. The first dances were amazing, and following that, the night flowed perfectly. Our dance floor was overflowing the entire night, even during my special polka and YMCA request that I was a little nervous about. I do not think that there was one person in the room that did not dance at least once! People were crowding around the dance floor and dancing at their tables because the floor was so packed! He took us on a ride with the music he played, and made it extremely hard to get off the dance floor. We had to delegate our friends to get us drinks because we were having so much fun dancing!

When they were not dancing or eating, they were taking pictures in the photo booth! That alone was a ton of fun, and SCE made a guest book for us with wall of the photos taken throughout the night for guests to sign! We also received a flash drive with every photo taken! Our guests looked like they had so much fun!

I could not say one bad thing about Tony and his team, and my husband and I even forgot to eat our cake because we were too busy having a blast. All of my friends and family were telling me how amazing our wedding was and how much fun they had. Some had even said that it was the best wedding that they’ve been to! We really had such a blast, and we could not thank Tony enough for making it happen!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    SCE Event Group 9

Maya & Elan Meltzer · Married on 07/14/2019

Great Experience!

We had the best time with Christian and the SCE team! They were very supportive throughout the process - from our first phone call with Brianne, to our FaceTime with Christian, to our in-person meeting, we could not have asked for more. Christian played great music at the wedding and made our day absolutely perfect. We strongly recommend him!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Rj Spargo · Married on 07/13/2019

RJ Spargo - Groom

Paul was a fantastic DJ and MC. People were remarking through the night about how amazing the music was and how fun it was to dance to

Sent on 07/20/2019

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 07/13/2019

Best Party Ever!

We booked SCE for our wedding on July 13, 2019 and used Bobby. He did a FANTASTIC job of keeping everyone on the dance floor with music for every generation. Some of my favorite memories are seeing everyone on the dance floor. We were planning out of state so Brianne and Bobby did a great job of setting up late night meetings via FaceTime. I loved their online planning tool because it helped us really think about all of the elements of our music. We also had them come early to set up a microphone and speakers for our ceremony (which Bobby manned and checked the entire ceremony even though they weren’t doing music for the ceremony). We loved their commitment and the result it had on our wedding and party!

Sent on 07/23/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting Bobby and the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group
  • Jennifer

Jennifer B. · Married on 07/12/2019

A night you'll never forget

If you want your dance floor packed, and people singing song after song you must go with Jeff and the SCE event group. From the moment we sat with Jeff in Ridgewood to talk about him being the DJ for our July wedding we knew we had to go with him. His passion, and energy for life and music is contagious. You may think your excited for your wedding before you meet him. However, after meeting him and discussing what he can make the night into, you are beyond excited. Communication with Jeff was easy, quick and efficient which consistently put us at ease as the days led up to the wedding. On the wedding day, he crushed it. Every one of our guests, guests of all ages were on the dance floor. He played music that fit the crowd, blended classics and played hits that no one wanted to stop dancing. Guests at the end of the night even wanted an encore and were yelling one more song. If you really want to turn your wedding into a night you’ll never forget, you need Jeff at the SCE group to make that happen.

Sent on 08/26/2019

• Elise

Elise Luccarelli · Married on 07/06/2019

DJ Christian and his team

THE BEST! Simply put, they were helpful and made planning beyond easy! Christian and his crew were professional but also felt like they were apart of my family! Music and mirror booth were EXACTLY what we wanted! Couldn’t have asked for a better group!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Cayla Chen · Married on 07/06/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Tony and his team did an amazing job at our wedding at the Madison Hotel on July 6, 2019! All of our friends and families kept saying the DJ played the dopest music and our guests started dancing even before dinner was served.

My husband and I are so glad that we hired Tony because he was essentially our wedding planner for the day of. He's highly responsive and is super detailed oriented. I would recommend SCE and Tony to anyone who's looking to hire a DJ.

Sent on 07/21/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting Tony and the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing Job!

I literally can’t say enough good things about DJ Paul Knox! He was amazing from the second we met him to discuss what we wanted until he hugged us goodnight after our wedding. He is brilliant at keeping the crowd on their feet. Our guests are still raving about what an epic time they had dancing the night away. We have the photos to prove it! Paul was so intuitive and really knows how to make the bride and groom truly feel special. He worked seamlessly with our maitre d to guide us through our spectacular evening. He even had me twirl in my ballgown right after our big entrance to make the crowd “ooohh” and “ahhhh”! His transitions are seamless and he has a level of professionalism that is truly unmatched. If you are stressing about picking a DJ, look no further! You found him! And don’t even worry about going crazy submitting a long song list— we barely gave him any suggestions— he read the room and he NAILED IT! No regrets! He is DJing my best friends wedding in a few weeks and another one of my friend’s weddings in December of 2019 and I can’t wait to go and party with him some more!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Ashley Moy · Married on 07/05/2019

Look no further - SCE is the way to go

We had Jason Jani from SCE Event Group for our wedding and we could not be more thankful! He had everyone on the dance floor and rocked our wedding. We are still getting compliments and friends asking for their information. Everybody was on the dance floor the whole night. Even planning with Jason was so much fun and personalized. He really takes the time to get to know you both as a couple and to get a feel for the event. Thank you again Jason!! - The Moys

Sent on 08/10/2019

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/04/2019

Music was Amazing!!

Paul and Mike were amazing! Paul was responsive from the moment we reached out. We were able to fill out a form to ensure all of the music was what we envisioned throughout the day. The dance floor was packed all night and Paul brought so much energy to the room. We highly recommend using Paul at your wedding. We had a blast. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/06/2019

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2019

Awesome photo booth

My husband and I got married on June 30, 2019 and we used SCE for our photo booth. It was an awesome experience! The staff is quick to respond to emails. They are very professional and helpful. The photo booth itself was a crowd favorite and had everything we wanted!

Sent on 08/07/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group
  • dana11

dana · Married on 06/29/2019

Unbelievably professional, captivating, and tons of fun!

TONY from SCE EVENTS, I'm at a loss for words (and I'm a fifth grade teacher- it doesn't usually happen!!) As I sit here and reflect on our night and this whole process, I think back to one of the main people responsible for making our wedding the BEST DAY EVER! From the second we chatted on the phone over a year ago, David and I felt a connection to Tony. From the start, he came off super organized, professional, open to suggestions and feedback, and gave us attention and quality time to coordinate an awesome event. In the months leading up to June 29th, we spoke again, reconfirming ideas, suggestions and/or possibilities of things we hadn't quite thought of; lighting, voiceovers, first dance mixes, etc. Never once, was Tony pushy, aggressive, or negative. Fast forward, we celebrate our wedding this past weekend. Once again, we along with our family and friends could see what a true professional embodies. Tony was captivating, engaging, and controlled the crowd in a way that was effortless and so natural!! What a giant ball of energy!! The guests can't stop talking about his music selection and one-liners! Every time I watch the footage, I get chills reliving moments that were created by Tony and SCE event staff. Can we do this every weekend?!

To sum it up, you will not go wrong by choosing Tony to plan and play your wedding. Tony takes the time to get to know his clients and therefore, it feels more real and natural. It was like we were friends for years! He's got great "mic skills," can work any size crowd, listens to your requests and interests, and makes the night magical. In true teacher fashion, A++!!!!! Book him now!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    SCE Event Group 10
    SCE Event Group 11

Crystal Gault · Married on 06/29/2019

DJ Seth Velez- Best DJ Ever!

Thank you SO much to Seth and his team. We couldn’t have had a more professional and considerate DJ on our wedding day and throughout the entire planning process. We’ve never been to a wedding where people got up and danced between courses, it was so much fun! The mirror photo booth was absolutely amazing, our guests had a ball taking photos in there all night long. We can’t recommend SCE enough! Thank you SCE for the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/02/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting Seth and the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group

Lindsay Crescenzi · Married on 06/29/2019

Comfortable, Flexible, Fun

SCE was great to work with from start to finish! We chose Christian as our DJ and he made us feel very comfortable throughout the whole planning process. Our wedding was a blast thanks to them!

Sent on 07/05/2019

SCE Event Group's reply:

Thank you for trusting Christian and the SCE Team with your special day! Pumped that you had a great experience! Hope to party together again, SCE Event Group
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/29/2019

Thank you for keeping the party going Paul!

Paul Knox was our DJ for our wedding at the Brownstone. We also used their lounge photo booth and media package. The photo booth was a huge hit. We got a beautiful leather photo guest book and all the photos on a jump drive at the end of the night. We also got back the raw dance floor photos. It was so awesome to see what a blast our guests were having. Paul kept the dance floor moving and shaking all night. He has such a big personality and was such a pleasure to work with. Other weddings I have attended have had low quality cheesy entertainment. SCE is worth the extra money for a high quality DJ experience. Our guests had so much fun and commented on how your food and music can make or break your event. I would hire Paul again in a second for future life events.

Sent on 08/10/2019
    SCE Event Group 12

Mark and Lauren Lamartina · Married on 06/28/2019

Incredible night

WOW!!! We cannot say enough good things about DJ Chris Obando and SCE Group. Our wedding was flawless!!! We had guests coming over to us constantly through out our night to tell us that our wedding was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. People were raving about Chris, rightfully so, as he is a true talent. Assisted by Christian (also INCREDIBLE), DJ O killed it. Not one guest sat all night. He was able to feel and adapt to the crowd, consistently checked in with us to make sure we were happy, and gave us the most fun night of our lives. Thank you SO much. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company if you want a fun wedding that guests will remember. -Mark and Lauren Lamartina

Sent on 06/29/2019

Nicholas Kouvel · Married on 06/28/2019

Look no further, DJ Knox is the man!

Wow where do I start, from the moment we sat down with Dj Paul Knox we were sold. He is courteous and professional with a high energy personality that makes him awesome at what he does. He help guide us selecting options to make our day fabulous and through the process made picking songs a breeze. We let him do his thing for most of the night other then a few dances and we couldn't be happier with the music he played. He is an upbeat MC that keeps the party rolling. I cant tell you how many of our guests stopped me and said WOW what a great DJ. SCE provided us with music for our ceremony outside as well as cocktail hour. We got a lighting package and a monogram for the wall that looked very classy. Dj Paul Knox and his team are a step above the rest, I would not hesitate to say the best I've encountered at a wedding and both myself and wife highly recommend him and SCE team. We cant thank you enough, you helped to make our day amazing! Thank you!!

Sent on 07/16/2019