Sayen House and Gardens Reviews

19 | Trenton, NJ

19 Reviews for Sayen House and Gardens

19 Sayen House and Gardens Reviews

Keven · Getting married on 09/14/2019

Patti is great and will answer all your questions. Very nice venue for a small wedding. Their Caters are fantastic to work with.

Taylor · Married on 11/18/2017

This venue could not have been more perfect. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, and the house is perfect for the amount of guest that we had. It was a dream come true to get married in the Temple Gardens! Patti and Jackie were so helpful through every step of the way, and with every single question I had!

It was a little difficult to schedule a time to come take a look at the place since we live in NYC but Patti made it work! Because they're owned by the township they have a select group of caterers that they work with. I thought it would be limiting but it made everything so much easier! Can't wait until the day!

Melissa · Married on 08/13/2016

Loved the venue. Great atmosphere! Perfect for smaller weddings (guest list no larger than 75 people).

Leeshua · Married on 10/04/2015

If you want a beautiful outdoor ceremony with waterfalls, trees, ponds, gardens...this is the place for you. I was able to have an outdoor ceremony under a gazebo, take beautiful pictures and have my reception all in the same location. My pictures came out perfectly with the gardens behind us and everyone loved the location. I do wish the house where the reception was held had more of an open floor plan so I would have been able to see everyone at once but we loved how intimate the house made our wedding. It was great for us because it was only close friends and family that were there. I recommend Joanne from Rosa's Catering as your catering choice. Not only was the food delicious (everyone went back for seconds) but her service, understanding and keen eye for detail made our wedding run smoothly and eased my mind the day of the ceremony.

Sayen House and Gardens is a wonderful place to have a small/medium sized wedding. The house fits up to 86 people for a reception; we had just under 50 with room to spare.

The rental comes with use of the house and the Temple Garden for the ceremony. You don't need to rent anything for the house, but if you want an outdoor ceremony, you need to rent chairs, and the Sayen coordinator offers the names of recommended vendors. If you end up doing the ceremony indoors, like we had to because of the cold, the biggest room in the house barely fit everyone, so if we had more it would probably be standing room only with people peeking around corners.

The park is absolutely beautiful year-round, and since it's owned by the township, very affordable.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 10/11/2014

Having our wedding here was like a fairytale! Our ceremony was outside in the Temple Gardens and even though we had some rain early morning the natural beauty of the gardens made it almost unnoticeable. Amazing for photos!! We rented the Sayen House for our reception. The elegance of that house is simply breathtaking. The layout is perfect for your guests to mingle and move around. We had 80 guests attend and everyone fit perfectly! Having our wedding there was a dream come true!! For the price alone it can't be beat, but when you add in everything else it truly is a romantic gem for weddings or any special celebration! And the people that run the place are great to work with as well. Patti answered all of our questions and made sure we were taken care of. Great wedding venue no question!!

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/04/2014

Sayen House and Gardens was the perfect setting for my English Garden wedding. It was beautiful the day of. Geoff still can't get over the affordable price. The house looked amazing decorated and I felt like England was brought to New Jersey. It is the best place to have a small wedding!

lori · Married on 09/20/2014

We couldn't have been happier with Sayen Gardens as our wedding venue. The staff was very pleasant and reliable. We were able to have all of our custom details and desires on our special day at Sayen Gardens. The perfect setting for a intimate event, which is exactly what we had envisioned for our special day. We are so lucky to have such a great memory of our wedding day to cherish forever.

Amber · Married on 10/12/2013

Beautiful venue. Small botanical garden, with an old cottage home in the center. Beautiful grounds with bridges and fountains, pond with fountain, brick and dirt walk paths. The house has small multiple rooms, We had about 60 guests, there was plenty of room. Everything worked out great. We used the largest room as the dance floor. Barely needed any decor. My cousin & I made paper flowers for centerpieces which we donated to the house. They supply hurricane lamps, choice of color linen napkins, white table clothes, tables/chairs for inside the house, silverware, etc. You have to choose 1 out of 4 caterers, we chose Rosa's which was very delicious and affordable. This place is a gem and very affordable. Highly recommend!

Katie · Married on 08/15/1985

Absolutely beautiful - especially in May and June. We really didn't need to get much from our florist because it is naturally so pretty here!

This location is so great for an outdoor wedding. There are beautiful ponds, bridges, flowers and trees around every corner. Any questions I had were answered quickly and thoroughly. They helped suggest vendors for chairs and catering. Such a great location. The house wasn't large enough to accommodate all of our guests so we had the reception at a different location close by.

Tina · Married on 06/20/2015

We held our wedding at Sayen Gardens in the Brown Gazebo and everyone commented on how beautiful the grounds were. Unfortunately, the house was already booked at the time of our ceremony, so we had to have our reception elsewhere, but it was great despite a little rain before the ceremony began. There was a nice gentleman who even kept others out of the area when our ceremony and pictures were going on so they didn't interrupt and you can't beat the price to have a wedding here! Highly recommended!

• LINDSAY

LINDSAY · Married on 11/12/2016

4.2
      3.0

it's a great venue and for the price you get so much which can't be beat, but there are restrictions due to it being run by the township.

Jenn · Married on 06/23/2012

3.5

We were looking for a venue that had the backyard feel to it, nothing over the top and no bling, just somewhere to have a nice simple outdoor wedding. We found exactly what we were looking for at Sayen House & Gardens! We decided to also hold the reception at the gardens; they have a quaint little house that can be used and the gazebo where our ceremony was held is literally right in its “backyard”. Because the house is a house, it’s set up like a house with separate rooms, meaning that you are not going to have that open feel and the tables were spread out among 4 rooms. While I was a little worried about the flow of the event, it really worked out and I think even presented an opportunity for the guests to get up and mingle even more than they would have in an open room event. The grounds are just breathtaking and make a wonderful backdrop for the most beautiful pictures. If you are a bride who is looking for a small simple yet elegant wedding venue, then I would highly recommend Sayen House.

Nahju · Married on 06/03/2017

3.8
      3.0

I was a little shy about even considering the sayen house for my wedding judging by the pictures I saw, but the venue is completely gorgeous. It made for a perfect garden wedding and was very affordable! It makes the difference to go see it in person.

Allison · Married on 04/29/2012

3.4
      2.0
      2.0

Sayen House & Gardens worked for us because we wanted total planning control over our whole day. If you are looking for guidance from your venue, this is not the right choice for you. Rental fee was exceptional and linens, reception tables/chairs are included (outdoor chairs/tables are not included). The great part of this venue is that you do not need too much decor because it is such a quaint space with an amazing garden. We held our ceremony near the pond, our cocktails in the backyard and our reception in the house. It was a beautiful day and the event turned out exactly as I wanted. If you are looking for an intimate venue (80 ppl or less), this is a great choice.

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2008

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

How easy it was to get into take pictures, we were the only people in the park. The people who made this possible very friendly and the permits came within the week. Beautiful grounds depending on the time of day and season.

Joyce · event on: 07/07/2018

2.8
      2.5
      3.0

The house is just lovely, so old fashioned and quaint. My only disappointment occurred as soon I drove up to the front of the house to unload; there was not one single flower to be seen ANYWHERE at the house!! I know the weather has been hot but come on- I am not a professional gardener but I have flowers all around my house right now. I feel
    that Sayen Gardens really dropped the ball on this one- it’s only the first week of July- where are all the flowers that are shown up the walkway in the brochure?? I had told all my guests that the grounds were beautiful with plantings and flowers and then, they turned out not to be! I’m so glad that I brought my succulent table and chair with me - at least it provided some color in that
    sea of green . So why do they call it Sayen Gardens if there are no Gardens?
    If you are planning a wedding here be prepared to provide your own flowers!!