Say Yes! Reviews

Say Yes! 6
Say Yes! 7

Charley · Getting married on 11/23/2019

Amazing, amazing

Janelle made everything so easy and seamless. Couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing and Professional

Janette was just amazing. She helped me put together a very personal ceremony and was always available for any advise on what to include. She was a Joy to work with.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Chanel

Chanel · Married on 05/06/2019

a joy to work with

As a bride making wedding arrangements from Canada, it was really important that I found a professional officiant that I could connect with. From the beginning Janette was kind, helpful and responsive and offered many suggestions and tools to create a beautiful ceremony.
    Janette arrived early on the day of our small, intimate wedding. We didn't rehearse anything prior to the ceremony (our choice), only going over small details but we felt confident that she would deliver. And she did!! She had such a warm and calm presence that didn't go unnoticed by our guests. We had friends and family coming up to us after telling us how much they adored our officiant.
    We are so grateful that Janette was part of our special day. She was a true professional with the biggest heart.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you Chanel, you made it easy to work with you. You and Jonathan are a delight! I wish you all the best!
  • Huyen

Huyen Tran · Married on 04/28/2019

We are so happy we had Janette on our team as the officiant and florist for the big day! =D

Janette was just absolutely amazing and we are so glad we found her through our venue as a preferred vendor. Initially we were only considering her as our officiant but after our first meeting decided to hire her for her floral services as well. A month before the wedding we also decided to have her present for the dress rehearsal too.

We appreciated the vow selection she had for us and loved how she further fine tuned it for us. She helped us write a few revisions to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. Her guidance through the whole process was so valuable. I really don't know how we could have done it on our own.

And the flowers! Wow! So incredibly beautiful! The centerpieces, boutonieres, bouquets, nosegay, flower basket, cake flowers and greens for our sweetheart table all turned out even better than I expected. Janette really went the extra mile to make it special. All the ivory roses were the perfect shade as it matched my dress and our table linens, just as I requested. And she did it all for less than what the other florists wanted to charge us. We were working with a smaller budget so that was an important factor for us.

It was such a great idea to have her there for the dress rehearsal since she was able to walk our wedding party and family through the ceremony. It was good to know the flow of it before the day of and actually get to practice it.

On top of all that, Janette sent me a few reminder emails and reassured during the final stressful weeks leading up to the big day. I'm so glad we had her on our team and will definitely miss working with her. We really couldn't have pulled it off such a beautiful ceremony and reception without her.

Thank you so much Janette! We are so grateful for helping us with our special day! Your gentle touch made it even more memorable.

Hugs,

Say Yes! 12
    Say Yes! 13
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/23/2019

We had an amazing experience with Jannette!

Janette was was very professional and so easygoing. I’m so glad we chose her to marry us!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you JessIcahn! It was a pleasure to be part of your day. I wish you and Michael a long and loving life together!

Alexandra Young · Married on 12/02/2018

Very Friendly

Janette was a great officiant. She was really friendly and had great suggestions and options for putting together the ceremony and made sure that it reflected our own personalities.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Say Yes!'s reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you and Jimmy! I wish you a beautiful life together! Merry Christmas!
  • Krista

Krista Miller Eisig · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing ceremony

Jannette was amazing! She was so helpful and communicative. We trusted her completely to officiate our wedding. We still get asked about our officiant and comments on how wonderful and personal our ceremony was.

Sent on 04/24/2019

Stacey · Married on 10/14/2018

Janette was everything AND MORE!! From start to finish she never stopped working so hard doing everything we agreed to and MORE. She was an asset to my wedding and I am so glad I found her.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you so much Stacey! It was truly a pleasure to work with you!
  • Shanley

Shanley · Married on 10/13/2018

Thoughtful & professional officiant

Janette was a pleasure to work with for our wedding this past October 2018. She immediately put both of us at ease in our initial meeting and came to that meeting with a helpful binder with ideas for our ceremony components.

She was prompt, thoughtful in her feedback on the ceremony draft, and was knowledgeable about what needed to be done during the rehearsal to be prepared for the wedding day.

I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Say Yes! 14
    Say Yes! 15
    Say Yes! 16

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you Shanley! I enjoyed working with you and Andrew. I appreciate you including pictures! I wish you and Andrew a bright and happy future together!

Sheryl · Married on 09/29/2018

Janette officiated my wedding at the SF Zoo! Working with Janette was great- she is extremely easy to work with and very flexible when it came to both ceremony material and timing. It was a breeze to develop the ceremony choices with her- we used her templates and then added a personalized intro and other touches. She showed up to both the rehearsal and ceremony on time and was very accommodating. Thanks Janette!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Miranda · Married on 09/02/2018

Janette had done a friend of mines wedding and my friend raved about her. Finding Janette was a god send to our wedding day. Everything went so smoothly and was just beautiful. We couldn’t have done it without her. Thank you so much Janette

Sent on 09/05/2018
  • F

F · Married on 08/18/2018

Janette Shutts was an absolute joy to work with and I would recommend her wholeheartedly for any wedding!

I first found Janette on WeddingWire, scheduled a free intro consultation and hired her for officiant and florist services for my 8-18-18 wedding. She did an incredible job with both! During the intro consultation, she provided example templates of how the ceremony might go (we ended up creating a customized ceremony) and provided anecdotes from her previous weddings along with tips. In addition, it was a bonus that she also had florist services! Both the officiant and florist services were a great value for the money and Janette worked with us on the flower budget by suggesting different vase & flower options to bring the costs down.

Throughout her time with us, Janette treated us with the utmost professionalism, warmth and hospitality. All emails were promptly returned and we knew that we were in safe hands. When I made a last-minute change on the flower order (adding in more arrangements), Janette was able to handle it efficiently and graciously. Our wedding day turned out perfectly and Janette was a big part of it! She showed up early with the flowers and even helped us set up our own decorations for the venue, then did a spot-on job with officiating the ceremony. During the reception, people pulled us aside to tell us how much they enjoyed the ceremony and loved the flower arrangements that she made.

Thank you so much for making our day special, Janette!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!

Shannon · Married on 08/10/2018

We had such a great experience with Janette!! We were planning our wedding from afar but were able to plan everything over e-mail which was perfect for us (although I knew she was available over the phone if we preferred)! She gave us information about getting our marriage license and input on all the details of the ceremony! It was absolutely perfect and super easy! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Jan · Married on 07/06/2018

From start to finish, Janette was amazing! Attention to detail, follow up, creative ideas, following budget, going above and beyond expectations the entire process, even when the unexpected (as always) occurred. She is a master!!! Highly Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Don · Married on 07/06/2018

As father and step-mother to the groom we were unable to participate much in the planning as we live 1000 miles away. Janette's services and expertise were invaluable in the planning and execution of this fabulous occasion. We were so happy with how beautifully and well planned out the wedding/reception was and would highly recommend Janette's services for any event.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Nancy · Married on 06/23/2018

We first contacted Janette back in January to officiate our wedding this past weekend June 23, 2018, once my now husband and I met her we knew we wanted her to have a bigger role in our wedding. We hired her to be our officiant as well as our wedding day coordinator and boy did she come through! She was very responsive to any of our questions and was wonderfully helpful with helping us figure out how the day should go. For our ceremony she came prepared with an array of options that made our ceremony so special and reflected our relationship so well that many of our guests were in tears because they knew that the whole ceremony reflected us. She kept us calmed and collected through out the ceremony and that made it so we would enjoy and remember it and not be a crying mess!
    I made a lot of our decorations and had an idea of what I wanted the final product to look like, and Janette made my vision a reality, she has a great eye for making things look beautifully put together. I could not give her enough thanks for making sure that what I wanted became a reality. Through out the whole wedding she kept checking in on us, making sure we were ok with the timeline, we had food, and drinks; we did not have to worry about anything. She kept the reception moving along and we got compliments after the wedding at how smoothly everything went. I honestly was nervous about giving up control, but I am so glad that we hired Janette and as soon as she took over I was able to relax and enjoy the night fully. She contacted and dealt with the vendors and my now husband and I did not worry once about what we should do or what to do next because Janette had everything under control.
    I would so highly recommend hiring Janette not just as your official and wedding day coordinator but use her other services too. I regret having booked other vendors before we met with Janette because I know that she would have done a wonderful job too.
    Thank you Janette for making our day unforgettable!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Kellie · Married on 06/09/2018

Very organized and well prepared and supportive through the whole process!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Marisa · Married on 01/20/2018

Janette was a referral from my coordinator and we couldn’t have been happier with her services! We contacted her about 1.5 months before our wedding date and she was quick to respond to all of my questions. She was able to pick up on our personal style and make spot-on suggestions on how to tailor the ceremony and verbiage in our vows. On the day of the wedding, she was professional and accommodating of last minute changes. Her confident yet calm demeanor, kept us at ease (we were a bit nervous being the center of attention!). I would certainly recommend Janette to any couple..look no further! :)

Sent on 03/28/2018

Lauren · Married on 01/05/2018

Janette was absolutely wonderful and I am so glad we hired her to be our officiant for our San Francisco wedding in early January 2018. Planning the wedding from afar, we spoke with Janette over the phone and via e-mail in order to get everything organized. Janette was always reliable throughout the time we worked with her. Additionally, she was very organized and supportive throughout the time we were trying to determine the specifics for our ceremony. She provided suggested ceremony outlines for us to use for our ceremony, and was open to us changing the provided documents in order to suit us. We combined her resources with our own vows and we added other elements to the ceremony as well (specifically a ring warming ceremony). It helped to make our ceremony unique without writing everything from scratch!
    Janette came to our hotel to do a rehearsal with us, and it put our minds at ease to say the least. We had to reschedule the timing of our rehearsal due to the travel arrangements of our wedding party, and Janette was very flexible and understanding. On the day of the rehearsal she arrived early and was very helpful when the location of our rehearsal changed as the area of the hotel we originally wanted to practice in was occupied. She was quick to think on the spot and make our limited hotel room space work for us. Janette was very organized throughout the evening and ensured everyone was aware of their roles and expectations for the ceremony. After the rehearsal, one of my bridesmaids even said that it was the most informative rehearsal they had ever attended.
    Janette ensured we felt comfortable on our big day and kept everyone organized before, during and after our ceremony. Her warm personality was a welcome presence throughout the rehearsal and the ceremony. We were so happy to have her support during the wedding planning process. I would definitely recommend her to any couple that is getting married in the Bay Area.

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Say Yes! 17

Dear Lauren & Zach,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure to be part of your day and to meet your family & friends! I wish you both lots of wonderful years together!
    Janette

Paul · Married on 12/02/2017

Janette was amazing from the first day we spoke - always extremely responsive and interested in what mattered to us, she got to know us and gave us many curated options and suggestions for our special day. We even had some special requests and she pulled it off perfectly! We would highly recommend Janette to anyone looking to get married in the Bay Area, as she left a beautiful mark on our wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Say Yes! 18

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you Paul & Monica, tour's is a day I will always remember!

Paige · Married on 10/16/2017

Very easy to talk to. Professional. Very responsive to emails/phone calls. Punctual. She is very organized and knows her stuff. We loved working with her.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you Paige! I wish and Julio all the best!

Evelyn · Married on 10/14/2017

Janette was professional and kept us at ease from beginning to end. During our consultation, she described her services and was flexible with ceremony options and rehearsal dates & times. Janette was approachable, relaxed, and really nice to work with. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you Evelyn! I wish you and Wesley all the best!

Candace · Married on 09/16/2017

Janette was amazing! From our first initial meeting we knew we wanted to hire her. She first provided us with a binder with multiple different ceremony choices. My Husband and I didn't have any clue how we wanted our ceremony to go, all we knew is we wanted simple, short and sweet. She helped us and we found the perfect ceremony. We also had a very rowdy wedding party and let me tell you during rehearsal she handle them professionally but also sternly which they ALL needed! LOL I would refer her to anyone! Thank you so much Janette!
    Candace and Clint Marshall

Sent on 10/06/2017

Say Yes!'s reply:

I so enjoyed working with you and it is always fun to be a little rowdy! I wish you and Clint all the best!

Donna · Married on 09/10/2017

Janette served as both officiant and day-of coordinator for our wedding. She was fantastic to work with! When we first met her, she exuded warmth and sincerity, and we wanted her as our officiant immediately. As our wedding planning progressed, she was very on the ball, so we decided to hire her as our day-of coordinator too. As day-of coordinator, she took care of many last-minute details that we didn’t quite finish in time. It was a relief to show up to the venue and have her already there handling things--it suddenly felt like we could finally relax and really enjoy our wedding. As officiant, her warmth and professionalism really shone through; she delivered a wonderful ceremony that we’ll always remember. She went above and beyond to make our big day special, and we were so grateful for her help. Thank you Janette!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Say Yes!'s reply:

Thank you very much for the review! It was an honor and pleasure to work with you both!