Saxman Slim Reviews

Saxman Slim 4
Saxman Slim 5

Kristen Chimera · Married on 10/13/2018

A wonderful experience

My husband and I were so thrilled with our experience with Saxman Slim. Matt played the saxophone during cocktail hour and dinner at our wedding. After dinner he packed the dance floor with his DJ skills. Our friends and family are still raving about the fantastic music at our wedding!

Our venue had 2 floors; cocktails downstairs, dinner upstairs, dancing downstairs. We were a little concerned about getting our guests to the right place at the right time, but Matt made announcements to let everyone know where to go. He really kept the whole evening organized and on schedule.

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Saxman Slim 6

Courtney · Married on 10/01/2018

Best DJ In Buffalo

Matt was great! He met with us ahead of time to get an understanding of what music we did/didn't want. He did a great job at the wedding of engaging all of the guests, who ranged from teenagers to grandparents. The crowd liked him. He had a great run of show, but wasn't pushy about it and went with the flow. So great! Would recommend him to anyone thinking about having a DJ for their wedding!

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 09/28/2018

AMAZING & Very Professional Wedding DJ

My husband and I had Matt play his saxophone during the cocktail hour and dinner service, then he switched to being our DJ he was AMAZING!!!! All the guests loved him. My husband and I live out of town and he was very flexible with our meeting dates/times - we even used video calling to discuss what type of music we wanted for our wedding day- because we were unable to meet in person. Additionally, I provided a play and do not play list - he stuck to the list even when people asked him to play something that was on the do not play list, he still did not play it - simply amazing!!! He also has a blast when he is working, which to me is a sign he loves what he is doing - he was always smiling and interacting with the guests and everyone commented on how great he was.

On a side professional note: my uncle loved him so much that he approached him during our reception asking him if he was available to play at a corporate Christmas party - Matt was so professional he said please contact me later, I don't discuss future business while I am working with my current client. I think that is so respectful and I feel like you don't get that professional type of service. (My uncle ended up contacting him later and he did end up playing at the corporate Christmas party. From what I hear, everyone also loved him at that party!!)

I highly recommend Matt for your wedding!!!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 09/22/2018

Phenomenal

We had the pleasure of working with Steve as the DJ/saxophonist for our wedding. Steve was a delight to work with, he was extremely responsive to our questions, continually checking on us before and even during the wedding. Guests loved hearing him play the alto sax and he was willing to learn a new song for us to play. We would highly recommend anyone to book him for their private events.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Karenjadams · Married on 09/15/2018

Karen&Charlie

Oh my god they did a great job!!!! We had the dance floor rocking from the time he said the dance floor was open until 11 pm. I think we may have scared him when a wave of family members hit the floor. He was a very personable out going person and my husband and I really enjoyed his playing during the cocktail and dinner hours. He played all the music we requested and stayed away from ones we requested.

I would highly recommend them - I have seen three of Saxman play at another wedding and a corporate function. Every time I see Saxman Slim play I know it will be good music and a good time.

Awesome JOB!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • CMIII

Cmiii · Married on 09/15/2018

Great DJ & Music

Justin our DJ was excellent. We were recently married in September 2018. Justin met with us prior to our wedding to fully understand our music preference and special requests. Justin and Saxxman were very thorough and detailed which made everything go so smoothly. My wedding guests are still talking about how awesome our DJ was at the wedding. Thank you for making our day so special.

Sent on 10/31/2018

emily · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful addition to the reception

It was so nice to have live music during our cocktail hour that continued through dinner and later turned into our DJ. It was even more wonderful that the same person did all of this. We worked with Steve. He was great he checked in with us throughout the night to make sure that we were happy and having fun. The dance floor was full at night and we have no one other than Steve to thank for that!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Rachael · Married on 09/02/2018

Steve was fantastic!

Steve was amazing! We loved that he took the time to play some songs for us the first time we met with him and helped get a better understanding of what we wanted our night to feel like. He ensured us every step of the way that he wanted it to be OUR night and exactly how we wanted things to feel and tun. Everything on wedding day was great! He checked in with us frequently to make sure WE were having a great time and if we needed anything. All of our special music requests were correct, (including some instrumental versions for ceremony music) and people were dancing all night! The saxophone playing at dinner and cocktail hour stole the night though! It was amazing. We are still getting compliments about him! He made our day that much more special!

Sent on 01/15/2019

June · Married on 07/21/2018

He was so perfect!
    A lot of last minute schedule changes that he accommodated well. Everyone loved him and having the saxophone music at dinner really added a nice touch to our day. Very reasonable price for the incredible service you get.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2018

Exceptional

We couldn’t have asked for a better experience with Matt! We loved everything he contributed to our wedding day and received many compliments from our guests. Thank you Saxman Slim!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jade · Married on 06/29/2018

Seriously the BEST! We had a super hectic schedule and he found time to meet with us before our wedding and we had a bunch of last minute changes that he made work. Everyone at our wedding loved him- even weeks later, we keep hearing glowing reviews. The sax he played during dinner was absolutely perfect, it made the best atmosphere. And his DJing kept the dance floor completely full ALL night, it was incredible. We are SOOO glad we picked Matt!!!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Phil Alessi · Married on 06/23/2018

Best DJ in Buffalo. Phenomenal!

I thought I made a review and I never did! The one thing I found most memorable including marrying my wife was the phenomenal experience that Matt provided to all of our wedding guests! He was a true professional and courteous from the start. My wife and I met Matt at his home and he went over what we can expect from him as our DJ. He certainly made everything seem easy and stress-free, which it was! My wife and I had Matt play saxophone during cocktail hour and dinner service and he was fantastic. We had multiple guests coming up to us complimenting on the music. Throughout the night, he checked in on us to make sure everything was going well and would be accommodating to any last minute changes. When it was time to dance and party, Matt transformed into "DJ mode" and rocked the night away. It was so fun seeing him get onto the dance floor and dance with everyone. That made the night even better!

Thank you again Matt for making our wedding night so memorable! Please consider using Saxman Slim as your DJ. If you want a DJ that's professional, versatile, and extremely entertaining, then Saxman Slim is perfect for you!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2018

emcee/DJ/saxophonist extraordinaire!

Steve was great! I can’t say enough good things. He asked what we wanted for music up front and definitely delivered. Also we were somewhat indecisive/didn’t have strong feelings on a lot of the songs for specific dances, etc so it was great to sit down with him and hear his suggestions to have it planned out. The saxophone addition to different songs fit in well and people loved it. We also really appreciated how he checked in with us throughout the night to see how to move things along. He always waited for us to be ready for the next thing which decreased the stress. It was nice to not be or need a middle man for a lot of details.

We couldn’t have asked for anything more! Hope he keeps playing for many couples to come.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Jill · Married on 02/17/2018

Mathew is a amazing sax player. You could hear and see that Mathew really loves to play the saxophone. He is very easy to work with, we gave Mathew a google folder of our selfie pictures we had taken and asked that it be displayed on a screen during cocktail hour. It turned out amazing. We also gave Mathew a list of songs to be played and a list of announcements which he was right on que. The crowd loved his music and he accommated all requests. We love the sax and we really loved listening to Mathew's playing is saxophone. We were so fortunate to have found and have chose Mathew.
    Happy Ears
    Bob and Jill D

Sent on 02/19/2018
  • Smalls

Nicole · Married on 12/23/2017

Matt did an amazing job! He read the crowd and played a variety of music that kept the dance floor from being empty. He also jumped in a did a few dances himself. I had guests raving to me about his sax skills during dinner. I could not believe how talented he was. Matt definitely had a major role in how perfect our wedding day was.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Kayla · Married on 11/03/2017

We can't say enough good things about Steve. He made our wedding unforgettable, and although our wedding was over 2 months ago we're still getting compliments. The live Sax just added so much style and his willingness to work with us to create the atmosphere of our dreams was so appreciated. He made it ABOUT us and FOR us, which is all you can ask for you on our special day. I can't recommend Steve and the Saxman Slim enough.

Thanks for everything - you guys Rock!
    Kayla & Matt Ward

Sent on 01/12/2018

Joanne · Married on 11/03/2017

Very good experience for daughters wedding

He was hired for my daughters wedding a year ago 11/03/2017. I had remembered him from another time he played for a work function and for another wedding I had attended. He did not disappoint. He did everything from the ceremony to the closing dance perfectly. My daughter and son in law were in Texas and communicated with him via phone and emails with no problems and got all their choices and requests. He kept the evening moving and enjoyable. We were very happy with him

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2017

Absolutely the best decision we ever made for our wedding! As a bride, Matt (Saxman Slim) was easy going, responsive and stress free, which is what you want when planning a wedding!
    We loved the saxaphone music throughout the entire reception. All of our guests loved the music and still talk about how awesome it was!!
    Five stars!!! Thank you so much Matt! To all the brides out there looking for a different, you will NOT be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Steve · Married on 09/30/2017

Matt was great! He has a good feel for what works and doesnt work, and will adapt based upon the crowds. We received many compliments for the saxaphone performance during cocktail hour and dinner.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/23/2017

Matt was absolutely AMAZING. Still weeks later guests are always mentioning how well of a job he did. The saxophone that played during the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner was the perfect extra touch. He always made sure the dance floor was full the entire night, we danced the night away! Matt also has great dance moves which made it very fun and entertaining. He is so easy with work with, and extremely fun and pleasant. I have been and always will recommend him!!

Ken and Samantha Boris

Sent on 10/14/2017

Jillian · Married on 09/22/2017

Saxman Slim (Steve) was awesome! He was great about connecting with us in advance and playing the music we requested at our wedding reception. His sax playing was excellent and added such a nice touch to the event. We loved the music, and our guests raved about it. It was just the right volume, too. Those dancing had a blast, and those who wanted to sit and talk could still hear each other. We highly recommend Saxman Slim!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Aj · Married on 09/16/2017

Our DJ was very concerned with what we really wanted instead of a generic DJ experience. He could play any song on saxophone if you wanted which I thought was amazing. For the price and value, if I ever need a DJ for any reason, this is where I will call. A+++

Sent on 10/11/2017

Jeannine · Married on 09/03/2017

Steve was so wonderful to work with! He invited us over to his home to find out what our musical tastes were before the wedding. What a treat this was to have a private saxophone concert from such an incredible musician! He was very flexible to work with. He took a list of song requests that we had collected from our response cards and was open to any requests he received during the reception. We thought it was nice that he actually asked us prior to the wedding if there was certain songs we didn't want played and if it was ok that he took requests from guests. He arrived at the venue and set up promptly without us having to worry about a thing. He played beautiful sax for our ceremony and all through cocktail hour and dinner. Our guests loved it! He then switched to dj after dinner. We had a little bit of a variety in ages but a lot more of a "mature" crowd, so I was worried when no one was dancing. But, Steve helped me to relax and enjoy the night by changing things up to cater to everyone. He kept checking with us the whole night to make sure we were having a great time. We highly recommend Steve and Saxman Slim! - Jeannine and Mike

Sent on 09/13/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2017

Justin did an absolutely fabulous job! He was courteous, responsive, and knowledgeable. You could tell he really understood what we wanted when we first met with him. The day of the wedding he did a great job coordinating with the venue day-of-coordinator and the photographers to make sure everything ran smoothly. The live sax music was fantastic. And after dinner, once the dancing started he did an incredible job keeping everyone on the dance floor. Luke and I were very impressed and very happy with Justin!! He was a big part in making sure our wedding day was perfect. We have zero complaints!

Thank you for the great service. We were very happy with our Saxman Slim service from start to finish.

Sent on 10/09/2017