Savory Roots Catering and Events Reviews

6 Reviews for Savory Roots Catering and Events

Savory Roots Catering and Events 1
Savory Roots Catering and Events 2

Denise Esser · Married on 11/24/2018

Was Blessed to find this place.

My son was married Nov. 24th 2018 in Dade City and we used Savory Roots for both our rehearsal dinner and the wedding catering at an alternate venue the next day. We could not have been happier. We live on the east coast of Florida about 3 1/2 hours away and really didn't have any idea who to select for our event. We were SO FORTUNATE to have found Savory Roots, encouraged mainly by online RAVE REVIEWS which were right on!. The rehearsal dinner was held on the site at Savory Roots, the building of which was once a gas station (the old, cool kind made of cement--reminded me of Andy of Mayberry). There was plenty of room for our 50 family members as well as a jam session out on the patio (we are a family of musicians). Melanie was wonderful from the very first contact and stayed in touch throughout the months prior to the events. The food was excellent, the service and wait staff wonderful....they accommodated us in every way possible (her husband even ran out to get non-alcoholic beer for my husband at the rehearsal dinner). The cost of the open bar was also very reasonable. The food at the wedding was equally terrific, with guests commenting on how delicious everything was. (I can't comment on cost as I was not involved with paying for the reception, but I do know that it was reasonable.) I wish we lived closer as I'd use Savory Roots for future events without question. Oh, and Melanie and her husband are two of the nicest people you will ever work with.

Sent on 12/22/2018
    Savory Roots Catering and Events 3
    Savory Roots Catering and Events 4

Christina · Married on 11/24/2018

Great food and great staff

We used Savory Roots for our rehearsal dinner (rented their space downtown Dade City) and for our wedding. The food was great for both events, must eat their spinach cheese chicken! They had an amazing dessert of bread pudding too! Staff was great and easily reached by email.

Sent on 12/23/2018

Hampton · Married on 10/27/2018

Best catering service ever!

Savory Roots catered the rehearsal dinner for my sons wedding and brunch the day after the wedding. They are easy to work with, flexible with the menu choices and return all phone calls and emails quickly. Everything was fantastic, the food was delicious the service is spot on. They came and set up and cleaned up without any issues. I am still getting compliments from guests a month after. I will definitely use them for any catering needs in the future and would recommend them to anyone for their event!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Alex

Alex Young · Married on 10/27/2018

Tailored to fit your needs!

Melanie was fantastic! She certainly went the extra mile with her team to ensure the food delivery, presentation, and taste were on point. (We used them for appetizers only.) If we ever have another big party, Savory Roots will be catering!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Jeanine M Serra-Atkins · Married on 10/20/2018

Savory Roots Catering

Melanie and her staff are amazing! My husband and I selected southwestern egg rolls as an appetizer. Our main entrees were chicken marsala and roasted porkloin, with a side of cheesy potatoes!! Everything was perfect! We had around 40 guests and it was more than enough food! My guests were very impressed. We also included a wine and beer package. The food was delicious and the price including the wine/beer was more than reasonable. Her staff was prompt, courteous, and attentive. From set up to clean up, Melanie took care of everything! We highly recommend hiring Savory Roots for your next event!
    Jeanine and Patrick Atkins

Sent on 12/23/2018

Brittany · Married on 02/26/2015

Excellent experience. The server they sent was timely, polite and professional. The food was hot and delicious and the portions were generous. We would definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 03/02/2015