54 Reviews for Sauer Cakes, LLC

Consultations (1)
Delivery (1)
Setup (1)
54 Sauer Cakes, LLC Reviews

This was the most beautiful and best tasting cake I could have imagined having! We loved the cake so much that after we cut the cake and fed each other we continued to eat the cake and literally forgot we were supposed to be paying attention to the guests and moving on to the first dance and I have the video footage to prove it! Everyone kept raving about how beautiful the cakes were! I cannot wait until we get our anniversary cake! She promises a first anniversary cake for all her married couples!

Profile Picture Selena, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
4.7

Cake and cupcakes were to die for. Everyone was in love with them. Snickerdoodle cupcakes were the biggest hit. And I will definitely use Sauer cakes for anything in the future!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/7/17, 5 Reviews
3.2

My husband and I used Sauer Cakes for our wedding. Michelle was a ton of fun to meet with and the tasting was a blast! She played with my 4 year old and the Cakes and flavors were amazing! She was slow to respond however, and it made me a touch nervous. Or wedding cake looked nice, and the flavor I picked out waS AMAZING! (We ended up not liking my husbands so much.) My only complaint was her response time being slow, but other than that she was a joy.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Crystal, 4/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Michelle is amazing!!! We had a cupcake cake for our July wedding. I can't tell you how many complements we received on the cake. She took care of everything. We couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

"The best wedding cake we've ever had!" was said over and over at the reception. It was a beautiful cake and Michelle went above and beyond with the set up, answering all our questions and making sure we got exactly what we wanted. We highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Martha, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Michelle did a great job for our wedding. Her cupcakes are some of the best we have ever had. We have had several guests ask us about them after the event. Her consultation process is a great time and she's very honest and helpful in planning even if her suggestion doesn't financially benefit her. A vendor you can trust.

Profile Picture User5248063, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Her cakes are amazing! The designed was exactly what we asked for. I cannot wait to have our 1 year anniversary cake.

Profile Picture erika, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Michelle is so nice and very talented! She makes amazing and delicious cakes! Although she was dealing with a personal issue right before my wedding, she delivered an amazing cake on time and it was just what I was hoping for! We didn't have a single piece leftover, it was so good! Another thing I appreciated about Michelle was that she was very thoughtful about exactly how much cake we should order based on not only our guest count, but also the alcohol we had planned. The other bakers didn't mention that alot of people who were drinking beer would probably not opt for cake because the two don't really mix. Michelle helped us take different factors into consideration to determine just the right amount. She also provided gluten free cupcakes for a handful of my guests!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/6/15, 5 Reviews
4.7

We met with Michelle over a year before our wedding and were blown away by the options she had in cake flavors and designs. Not only were they delicious, but each cake she made was beautiful. One of the things that stood out for us was that she promises to remake the top tier of your wedding cake for your one year anniversary! I'm a pretty traditional bride, but the one thing I was not looking forward to was eating old freezer burnt cake on our anniversary, so I was ecstatic that she provides this service! She also allowed us to pick two cake flavors without an additional cost. We chose a round four tier cake and Michelle placed the fresh flowers, provided by our florist, on it at the venue. It took our breath away when we saw it! I was nervous having booked so far in advance that It wouldn't taste as well I remembered, but it was delicious! The only thing from not getting a perfect rating would be responsiveness, it would occasionally take a while for an email response, but she did respond. Overall, our cake was delicious and beautiful. We were very pleased and our guests loved it!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/16/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Michelle did a fantastic job with our cake. Everybody loved the cake and the design. We had so many compliments on the buckeye flavor (which is the best flavor). We thought we ordered too much cake but there was none left at the end of the night. The only thing wrong with our cake was the ribbon color was a lot darker than we asked and we had one filling flavor messed up. Sometimes it was difficult to get a hold of Michelle but once you did she was amazing. We highly recommend Sauer Cakes!!

Profile Picture Elisa, 9/20/14, 9 Reviews
1.2

Had an awful experience working with her. The colors I had requested were fuchsia, lavender and dark purple. She made the ugliest peach, baby blue, and navy blue fondant flowers I have ever seen. She charged us 1/4 the price of the entire cake for them. The worst part was that when I emailed her after the wedding. She was very rude to me and told me she should have canceled our contract because she knew I would find a fault in the cake no matter what. All because I had asked her for a discount in the delivery fee. The rest of my wedding was perfect so I didn't let one sour cake ruin the night for me.

Profile Picture Parasto, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Michelle is an absolutely amazing cake and dessert creator! She was so helpful in helping us decide different flavors and very easy to work with since we had other ideas then just the traditional wedding cake! We ended up doing a traditional cake for some and small desserts for the rest...cake balls, gnashes, and mini cones with baileys :) We got so many compliments and the actual cake presentation was beautiful! Would highly recommend Michelle and Sauer Cakes!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/5/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Michelle's cake is amazing. Everyone at our wedding loved it and the various cupcake flavors we chose. She was really helpful in responding to email and working with us over the phone as we were planning out of town. I loved all the little touches like the flowers on the cupcakes. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/25/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Michelle was so much fun to meet with and allowed us to try numerous flavors of cake and fillings. EVERYTHING WAS DELICOUS AND GORGEOUS! She is very creative, but also attentive to requests. She could not have done a better job with arranging the flowers who were left by the florist. PLUS, she offers a 1 year anniversary cake instead of you having to freeze the top. Can't wait for that!

Profile Picture Steph, 10/12/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We enjoyed working with Michelle! The cakes were exactly what we were hoping for and the service was great. We had many complements on the flavors and were so happy to have picked someone that helped us make sure we had the right amount and flavors. The design of the cake turned out perfect. We chose to use floating cakes and cupcakes giving more options and matched the look we were going for.

Profile Picture lauren, 8/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

There cakes are the best! They went the extra mile to make sure we had the exact design and taste we wanted. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Annalisa, 4/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

SOOOO tasty & she delivered & set up the cake PERFECTLY! Our cake was 4 tiers, chocolate w/layers of ganache, peanut butter & cream cheese and butter cream icing. AMAZING!

Profile Picture Andrea, 1/26/13, 5 Reviews
3.5

Michelle has a fantastic product. Her cakes look and taste like perfection. However, her communication needs much improvement. She is very hard to get ahold of by phone or through email. It took multiple emails and my questioning if she wanted our business to get a reply leading up to our end of October wedding.
Now, as our one year anniversary was approaching, I called and left messages twice with no response. It is over a week passed our anniversary.
I would like to be able to give her a better review because her product is fantastic, but her communication skills need major improvement.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3651698, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was delicious and we received numerous compliments. It looked exactly as we had drawn in our initial meeting. The attention to detail was very apparent.

Profile Picture Amy, 9/22/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved Sauer Cakes! We received so many compliments on our wedding cake and we couldn't be happier. Michelle did a terrific job and we would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User2673147, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Loved every interaction with them and they where great delivering the great tasting and wonderfully decorated cakes on the day of the wedding

Profile Picture Jaci, 8/13/12, 2 Reviews
4.3

Michelle Sauer was awesome! My wedding cake was beautiful and unique. Michelle worked with me to design exactly what I wanted. It was also the most delicious cake that I have ever had! Everyone raved about it. The only downside, she did take a little longer than I would have liked to get bak to me. Other than that, I was so happy. She is affordable too!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Michelle at Sauer Cakes was great. She was able to cater to me at the last minute and was very nice to work with, flexible, and helped make my day super easy. Especially, since she was a preferred vendor for my venue at Creekside Conference and Event Center, delivery was free and all rentals were free. She was great, her cake was delicious and beautiful and cake tasting was free! She had the best value out of all the bakers I looked at. I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/7/12, 8 Reviews
2.1

Michelle Sauer does have delicious cakes and is very friendly, but if you are looking for a vendor that is easy to work with I would not recommend this vendor. Michelle added a lot more extra stress to our wedding experience because she is extremely hard to get a hold of. My now husband and I had to call her and email her multiple times any time we tried to get a hold of her. The only way we seemed to get a response was to question whether she really wanted our business or not, and to threaten to find another vendor. Even two weeks before my wedding we were fighting to get a hold of her. My wedding was early April so it was not like it was the busy wedding season. In my mind the cake for your wedding is something that should be easy and fun, but that was quickly ruined by the lack of communication and struggle to get in contact with Michelle.

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 4/7/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Sauer Cakes made a beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding. She has a variety of options, and you will find it hard to choose because all of them are so good. As I write this, I am thinking about defrosting the leftover cake in my freezer! Sauer Cakes is a great value and she will work with you to stay within your budget (actually, we ended up under budget) Michelle is sometimes difficult to get a hold of (she is busy!) but don't worry it. She will come through and will exceed your cake expectations!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/10/11, 13 Reviews