Sarma & Co. Photography Reviews

Sarma & Co. Photography 2
  • Julia

Julia · Getting married on 07/20/2019

Perfect engagement session

Sarma has been absolutely amazing to work with. She came highly recommended to my fiancé and I from friends who used her for their wedding and we couldn't be happier. Our engagement photos are better than I ever could have imagined; she made us feel very comfortable and really captured our personalities. She is professional, talented, artistic, and all around wonderful!

Anna · Married on 08/11/2018

Sarma is a wonderful photographer! She captured flawless photos at our wedding. We are so happy we chose her! She is super sweet and easy to work with. Looking forward to working with her in the future!

Patrick · Married on 06/23/2018

My wife, Megan, and I worked with Sarma after our venue, The Garrison, recommended her---and boy are we glad we chose her! Sarma was an absolute joy to work with, from the first phone call we had in order to just get acquainted down to the last minute of the reception. Sarma truly captured the essence of our special day, using an unobtrusive, photojournalistic approach. She and her assistant were timely, curtueous, and fun. Sarma is organized, detailed, and plans ahead---and it all pays off for making the photo-taking part of the wedding day (the notoriously stressful part of the day) an easy and fun experience. One of our favorite moments of the wedding day was going with Sarma to a few select locations on The Garrison's property to take some couples protraits---she and her assistant put us at ease and encouraged us to just live in the moment of having just become huband and wife. Sarma's familiarity with The Garrison was an additional benefit, and we had no reservations simply putting our trust in her excellent, artistic eye. Sarma and her team are a true pleasure to work with and we recommend her to everyone!

Sarma & Co. Photography 3

Jillian · Married on 05/19/2018

Sarma is THE BEST! We had a style in mind so portfolio was important but beyond that we also wanted a photographer that we connected with personally and had LGBTQ wedding experience. We immediately connected with Sarma’s work. Upon reaching out we immediately found her to be amazing to work with. She’s super organized and helpful and patient with my millions of questions. Before hiring her she even sent us the forms she has couples fill in prior to the wedding to see her process and I have to say she was the only person with forms where I didn’t have to cross out “groom”. That went a long way with me!

When it came time to plan our engagement session I have to say myself and my new wife were not at all helpful with giving her a good place to shoot it at. We just picked generic places but it was Sarma who helped us to find something more creative and fitting for us. Our photos came out amazing! We have some framed on the walls.

She shoots at our venue a lot so when we had some anxiety inducing last minute changes with the venue staff Sarma even helped us through that. She really went the extra mile to calm me and help find out information since she knows the venue so well.

Come the wedding day everything was great! Sarma and Jennifer were super helpful and photographed in a way that you don’t know they’re there. For posed shots they were very patient with our big families. We had a rainy day and they had no problem getting a little wet for photos. I also had an unfortunate wardrobe malfunction and my dress decided to stop supporting the girls and they even gave me the heads up when I needed to adjust. I was super sensitive about it all night so I really appreciated their help in that department.

I can’t speak highly enough of Sarma and Co.. We have only received some teaser images but I have no doubt that when we receive everything it will be amazing!

Terri · Married on 05/13/2018

We LOVED working with Sarma for our daughter's wedding! She and her team are incredibly nice and very professional. The photos are absolutely gorgeous - she perfectly captured the love and emotion of the day. Look forward to working with her again!

Robbie · Married on 12/09/2017

Sarma is the perfect blend of being incredibly talented and just a wonderful person. From the moment we met her, we felt incredibly comfortable. My wife and I are not the type of people that love to pose for photos and Sarma found a way to make us relax and always feel at ease. We loved every part of our wedding weekend and being able to relive it through the photos is so much fun. We truly feel that not only did we get amazing photographs, but we gained a new friend for life.

Amy · Married on 10/28/2017

We couldn't be happier with Sarma for our October 2017 wedding. We knew she was it just by speaking with her on the phone. In working with her, she was very flexible with dates for our engagement photo shoot and we felt comfortable with her right from the start. On our wedding day she captured all the right photos yet you forgot she was there. We just got our photos and can't stop looking at them!

• Z

Zachary · Married on 10/21/2017

Sarma & Co was incredible throughout our wedding process all the way from contract to engagement to cutting the cake! To be honest I am not sure the wedding would have happened at all as planned were it not for Sarma and her second photographer Sarah. They knew where we had to be and when, while simultaneously keeping us relaxed and on-time. Throughout the ceremony and reception they were like some kind of ninja-ghosts that we didn't even know were there as they documented the event, captured all the shots we wanted without any guidance, and ultimately delivered incredible art despite a dark and candlelit venue. We found Sarma by perusing albums at venues in the Hudson Valley where she often works and saw that she was clearly superior to her competition - but we were thrilled with her work for us in NYC. If you want a warm, professional, energetic, skilled photographer with an eye for the moments you will cherish forever, then don't hesitate to book Sarma and Co!

Sarma & Co. Photography 4

meg · Married on 09/23/2017

Sarma was a fantastic photographer for our wedding! Super laid back and easy to work with, pictures were incredible with a fast turn around time. Highly recommend.

Monica · Married on 06/09/2017

Sarma brought a special kind of professionalism, enthusiasm and warmth to our wedding experience. She provided us with a unique mix of traditional, candid and illustrative photos of our engagement shoot and wedding day.
    After the original date for our engagement shoot was rained out, we quickly re-scheduled and Sarma helped us find a great location, which she quickly adapted to during her very first shoot there.
    For our big day, Sarma did her due diligence and became familiar with the wedding venue. The questionnaire she provided before the wedding helped us prepare and outline all the family and friends that we wanted to be involved. Sarma and her assistant both made us very comfortable throughout the day and encouraged a natural, relaxed environment that produced many candid photos. She has a great eye for capturing many special moments that feature lots of emotion.
    We will forever re-live our memorable day through all the amazing moments that Sarma & Co. helped capture.

Amy · Married on 06/04/2017

What is there to say about Sarma that hasn't already been said? She is able to capture a moment in time for you to hold on to, and I will forever be grateful for that. I knew I wanted Sarma to photograph my wedding before I was engaged. She had worked with many of my friends, and I knew I'd be in great hands. From our first call, I knew I made the right choice.

My husband hates getting his picture taken, and at the end of the wedding he specifically thanked Sarma for making the experience so easy for him. She and her team work seamlessly and unobtrusively, so you don't even notice them on your wedding day. But most importantly, Sarma is a genuine and kind person that is easy to be around (which is clutch when you're getting dressed in the same room!). My mom fell ill the day after our wedding, and Sarma send me a picture of us from the wedding and send the pictures in case my mom could see them before she passed away. There are no words to express how thankful I am to Sarma for capturing my wedding day.

Rachel · Married on 12/10/2016

Sarma and Jessica were a dream come true from the start. Kind and attentive, excited for us and our wedding day, consummate professionals and so knowledgeable. Sarma was responsive and helpful with all of our questions and made the whole experience easy. Day of, they were so wonderful to work with! Never rushed, always calm which kept us calm. They smiled and interacted with everyone like old friends. We just got our pictures back and they are SO STUNNING I tear up when I look at them. We all look so natural. They captured the day as it truly happened. We didn't hire a videographer, but it turns out we didn't need one. Sarma's pictures were better than video. They portrayed the pure joy of the day in the most gorgeous way. I feel so lucky we found them! If you want natural, gorgeous pictures and to work with kind hearted professionals, look no further.

Caitlin · Married on 08/06/2016

We had an incredible experience working with Sarma for our wedding and couldn’t overstate how happy we were to have hired her. We shot three separate events with her, our engagement session about a year before our wedding, the rehearsal dinner, and the wedding. In each case she produced beautiful photos that we and our families will cherish forever. Most importantly, Sarma was a joy to work with – completely accommodating to every request while also candidly capturing all the happiness from the wedding weekend. We’re recommending her to all of our friends and will be calling her to capture all of the milestone moments in our marriage for all of the years to come!

Gail · Married on 07/02/2016

If you're looking for a wedding photographer who will not only produce stunning photos, but capture your personality and respond to every inane question, look no further :) Sarma and Jessica did an absolutely amazing job photographing my wedding this July. My husband and I are thrilled with the pictures!

bernadette · Married on 06/18/2016

We just got married in June and could not be happier with our pictures and the services provided by Sarma and Jessica! Sarma is so easy to work with and has an innate ability to capture all those perfect moments on your wedding day. After meeting with a few other photographers my sister (whose getting married 10/1/16) and I met with Sarma and we both left the meeting knowing she was the one. You can absolutely not go wrong using Sarma and Co, I can't wait for october and more amazing photos!

Danielle · Married on 05/29/2016

Amazing photographers, so wonderful to work with! From the first time I contacted Sarma, she was extremely responsive and professional. Jessica did our engagement pictures, and she made us so comfortable and the session was so much fun. On the day of, Sarma and Jessica were very timely and captured every single moment beautifully. Everyone loved working with them. They kept the portrait session right on schedule while being so relaxed, warm, and fun to be around. They were very discreet during the ceremony and reception; we didn't even realize they were there. We received our photos in a very timely fashion and we are absolutely thrilled with how they came out. We are shocked at how well they captured all of the moments of our wedding, big and small, so beautifully! As an added plus, Sarma also had amazing suggestions for other great vendors in the NY area. We are so happy we chose Sarma and Co. to photograph our day and highly recommend them!

Devon · Married on 05/20/2016

My husband and I can’t say enough great things about our experience with Sarma. First of all, we absolutely love our photos! They are truly classic, timeless and beautiful! We found Sarma through a recommendation, and after viewing her work and her website were very excited to meet her. We weren’t let down! From start to finish she was the consummate professional, and such a pleasure to work with. She was incredibly thoughtful and detailed about every aspect of the process, and went out of her way to get to know us and our preferences, as well as our family and bridal party relationships, which translated into many amazing shots. Sarma was very organized and always available if we had questions, making every step along the way completely stress-free. On our wedding day, we got every single shot we wanted (and many more!) without feeling rushed in the least, and she and Jessica were able to get fantastic shots of our guests and venue without anyone seeming to know they were there! Just as important, Sarma and Jessica are genuinely very nice people who made sure we enjoyed every second of our day and made us feel completely at ease! Needless to say, when we received our photos we couldn’t have been happier – they are absolutely beautiful, and will be treasured forever!

Seth · Married on 05/14/2016

Sarma is amazing and was a key part in making our wedding day really special. She started by doing an awesome walk-through of the area with us a few weeks before which was both inspiring and extremely helpful. We had a total plan going in, and then when the day came, taking the pre-wedding pictures was one of the most relaxing, fun and special parts of our day. She is a true pro, and exactly the kind of person that you want to work with on your special day. The pictures are great and the extra touches and attention to details really made everything that much better.

Natalie · Married on 04/30/2016

Choosing a photographer was one of the most important decisions of our wedding planning. I enlisted my bridesmaids, family and fiancé for endless feedback. When I spoke with Sarma, I knew it would be a great fit. When I made the decision, it was without hesitation. Not only are the photos absolutely amazing, but Sarma and Jessica were so fun to work with! I have looked at my photos at least 2-3 times per day since they came in. Each time, I find something new that makes me either laugh or cry. Sarma and Jessica really did a wonderful job of capturing so many special moments. I am able to relive the day over and over. I would very highly recommend Sarma and Co. to help you capture any special event. The very best!!

S · Married on 04/23/2016

We had a great experience with Sarma & Co. at our welcome party and wedding in Beacon in April 2016. We don't particularly like having our photo taken, but we felt very comfortable with her and her assistants, Jessica and Sarah. Their enthusiasm for their profession is so genuine—we knew we could trust them. Sarma has a great attitude and was very professional and patient, especially with our family and guests. We chose her because we felt her portfolio was lively and really captured celebration—and the photos we received certainly do that and more. She delivered faster than we expected, and we are so happy with them! Thank you, Sarma!

Sarah · Married on 12/19/2015

Sarma and Jessica did an amazing job taking the photos for our December wedding at Highlands Country Club. They made us feel so comfortable from the beginning, even through pre-wedding planning. Sarma’s experience at Highlands helped her to shoot our wedding from the perfect angles, and she found the prettiest spots for our portraits. Their photos are so romantic and natural looking and they really captured the joy of our big day.

Sarma was absolutely wonderful to work with, start to finish. My husband and I selected Sarma to photograph our day because her work was unlike anything else I was coming across in my search. She captures real, candid, beautiful moments, and limits her "posed" shots, which is exactly what I wanted. She was so flexible and easy to work with. She listened to my thoughts and ideas, was responsive, and gave her feedback. She had wonderful ideas that fit in perfectly with my vision. She was behind the scenes on the day of- never in the way or noticeable, but somehow was still able to capture some of my most treasured moments. Sarma is not only gifted as a wonderful photographer, but is a beautiful person. We had great conversation in our work together, which really assisted in making me feel even that more comfortable on our wedding day. I highly recommend Sarma and her services. Job well done!

Carolyn · Married on 10/24/2015

I recently had Sarma & Co. as my wedding photographer and I cannot say enough good things about the her work. Over the past few years both of my older sisters used Sarma, as well, and at this point she and her associate Jess are like a part of our family. Working with Sarma you get the benefit of both her great, relaxed personality as well as her diligent post production work. Both the day-of experience and the final product are excellent and I would recommend her to anyone.

Kate · Married on 09/19/2015

Sarma & Co. was recommended to us by four couples, friends of ours who all had their wedding photographs taken by Sarma and all had amazing things to say about her. We were told that by the end of the day Sarma will feel like a part of your family, they could not have been more right. She has such a lovely personality and was so enthusiastic and easy to work with. We preferred candid over posed pictures and had asked to see her as little as possible throughout the day. The only time I remember seeing her was for the portraits, but when our pictures came back they looked as if she had been front and center the whole time. Sarma and Jessica seamlessly photographed our day exactly how we had asked, capturing our favorite moments as well as so many we didn’t even see happening. We had quite a complicated day with lots of moving parts. We had 9 bridesmaids, 9 Groomsmen, and 10 ring bearers/flower girls. We rode on a trolley, in a sailboat (Sarma came with us!), and had a very windy outside reception. Despite all of these challenges they handled everything flawlessly. Sarma and Jessica worked brilliantly together, capturing the same moments from different angles. I felt so comfortable in their hands that I almost forgot they were there. I am very thankful Sarma & Co. was recommended to us and I can’t thank Sarma & Co. enough for giving us the most beautiful and timeless pictures. Highly recommended!!!!!!

Kimberly · Married on 07/11/2015

When it came to planning our dream wedding, one thing I knew for certain is that we HAD to have Sarma & Co. photograph our special day. She had photographed my sister's wedding 6 years earlier and captured the most beautiful moments from an unforgettable day and of course, she delivered with the same poise, professionalism and expertise! Sarma and her team were unbelievable to work with and made us both feel calm and relaxed on our wedding day. She captured every moment we asked for, and more. She was noninvasive to our guests, and even the tiniest of details were photographed beautifully. We had fun together, laughed through getting ready, formal photos and throughout the entire evening. We had the BEST DAY EVER and now we get to replay those memories through our beautiful photographs. It was such a pleasure for our family to work with Sarma & Co. to capture another special day!