Sarasota Catering Company Reviews

Sarasota Catering Company 6
Sarasota Catering Company 7

Sherice Horton · Married on 03/16/2019

Sarasota Catering - wedding reception

I highly recommend Sarasota Catering to anyone looking for a catering service in the Sarasota area. They were able to accommodate our specific menu requests (having a fish/chicken buffet but with additional specific vegetarian plates and additional children’s plates) and bar requests - even bringing in beer from a local brewery for us. We requested countless changes to the plans and contract over the year leading up to the wedding, and they adjusted/adapted/worked out everything with us with no problems.

The night of the event went beautifully, and that is a reflection of our Day of Coordinator, Sashi. I highly recommend hiring the Day of Coordinator! It was planned mostly long distance and she was great communicating with us throughout the year. She did a fantastic job of organizing all the details and ensuring everything went as planned. We could not get into our venue ahead of time to set up or decorate, and Sashi took care of all of that for us. She met us at the venue a couple days before the event and walked us through everything again, which was very reassuring. She understood what my daughter wanted and described and was able to set it all up to match my daughter’s vision for the reception. During the reception she kept everything on schedule and the evening had a wonderful flow to it. I highly recommend both Sarasota Catering and Sashi!

Jessica Zachar · Married on 02/15/2019

Amazing Service

We had been planning our wedding for well over a year. Once we had the venue picked we started to narrow down caterers. SCC stuck out not only because of how willing they were to work with us but how understanding, transparent, and helpful they were through the process. Anytime we had a question, Sashi was always right there either with an answer or at least letting us know that she was looking into it and would get back to us as soon as possible. When it came to the day of the event she and her team were there to make sure that everything went smoothly as well as get anything taken care of that needed to be take care of. The food was phenomenal and many of our guests commented on not only the food but the overall service. They helped make our day absolutely perfect so the we didn't have to worry about a thing. Words really can't do justice for the service that they provided but we thank you

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 01/05/2019

Great Option

We began with a large list of vendors in the area. After selecting them following an extensive process of customizing our menu and review pricing, Sarasota Catering was easy to work with. The tasting process confirmed our desire to work with them, where we were able to further customize our menu and get exactly what we wanted. They also happened to be one of our lowest costing options as well.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 12/30/2018

Shkrab Wedding

I would definitely recommend working with Sarasota Catering!

Our food was fabulous at our wedding! We got so many awesome comments.

Sarasota Catering staff was fabulous. Throughout the night the second I would mention anything a staff member was on it. Every staff member I encountered was professional, respectful, and did a great job.

Sashi was our day of coordinator. I would not have survived the wedding planning process without her. From the time we booked her nearly a year before our wedding up until our wedding day she was just wonderful. I was a very anxious bride and in constant contact as well as making frequent changes. I annoyed myself, but Sashi was amazing through it all. The one breakdown I did have when some details had to be changed around Sashi called me nearly immediately and talked me through it. She immediately knew how to fix the situation to make it better than it was before. I would HIGHLY recommend anybody to work with Sashi! She will make your wedding planning a breeze! I am beyond grateful we had her to help us through our special day!

Sarasota Catering Company 12
    Sarasota Catering Company 18
    Sarasota Catering Company 19
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Bacon · Married on 12/22/2018

Sarasota Catering Company was perfect for our event. They were easy to work with, flexible, and professional. We highly recommend their services.

Sashi and the rest of the Sarasota Catering Company team was perfect for our wedding in Sarasota, Florida. They were so easy to work with, even when we made changes just a few days prior. The food (a Florida buffet) was delicious and the service was very nice and accommodating to all of our guests. They also supplied our cookie favors and a hot chocolate bar. Everything was amazing. We also used they Day of Coordinator service, which I highly recommend. Anna made the process so smooth, so that my husband and I didn’t have to worry about anything the day of. She did a lot of the last minute work with our vendors and helping us remember things to do that we had forgotten. My husband and I are both military, so our schedules can get a little complicated, but they were easy and flexible to work with when it came time to set up tastings and the venue walk through. I highly recommend this vendor for all of your catering needs.
    Note: the total price below includes buffet, cookie bar, hot chocolate bar, pre-ceremony refreshments, chairs, linens, chinaware, heaters.

• Laura and Brian

Laura · Married on 12/09/2018

Excellent Choice!!

Sarasota Catering Company was easy to work with, available for questions, and helped with the planning process. We could not have done it without the help of Sashi, our day of wedding coordinator. She helped with ideas and made sure we did not miss any details. It rained on our wedding day and Sashi called the lighting company to change some options. The last minute change was even more beautiful than our initial plan. Sashi and the team set up all our DIY decor and when I seen it for the first time it was even more beautiful than I imagined! It was simply stunning. The food was delicious and table settings were elegant. The process of finding a caterer can be very stressing especially when you have a venue like ours, The Powel Crosley Estate, that has many rules and restrictions. They helped plan linens, lighting, site map, etc. It was a tremendous help for us. We truly could not have done it without their help and we recommend them to everyone planning a wedding. They were by far the best company we contacted (and we contacted many!) and we are very happy with the service we received. Thank You Sarasota Catering Company!!

Sarasota Catering Company 20
    Sarasota Catering Company 21

Jourdan Johnson · Married on 11/27/2018

Sarasota Catering

Everyone did amazing, would definitely recommend!

Kayla · Married on 11/17/2018

Best Caterers and Coordinators

When researching venues throughout Sarasota and Manatee Counties, only one catering company was featured on every preferred vendors list we saw: Sarasota Catering Company! After working with SCC for the past year plus, it is easy to understand why: this company knows the business, the venues, the supply end and the rentals to meet and exceed the expectations that their clients have. They are efficient and passionate and all the vendors in town want to work with the exceptional people at SCC who will handle your day. We were blown away by our first meeting with Sashi and the crew at a wedding tasting the company held in Venice. Won over by the food and presentation, in addition to the many great reviews and recommendations we had collected, selecting SCC was a no-brainer. From that moment on we were in great hands!

Sashi worked with us regarding many of the early aspects of the wedding and essentially got us into wedding mode! We then brought on Anna in a Day of Coordinator role, who knocked everything out of the park and brought this thing home! These two are outstanding in every aspect of their profession, and we would have been lucky to have just worked with one of them. Both Anna and Sashi are professionals who know and have relationships with all of the people you will end up selecting as you fill out your wedding vendors, which will only do you good on your day. Both were accessible, receptive, knowledgeable and willing to go the length to address your questions and concerns. The rest of the team deserves their kudos too, because they have set-up, breakdown, bartending, serving, etc., down to a science. There was not one person in the crew who didn’t go to the 10s for us, and we truly appreciate that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you SCC, Sashi and Anna! You all went above and beyond. Please look up these outstanding folks when considering catering (*and more) for your own big day.

Paige · Married on 11/11/2018

Review for Sashi and Sarasota catering

I can’t say enough great things about working with Sashi as our partial and day of wedding planner. I normally don’t write reviews but want everyone to know just how amazing she is. If there’s one thing you do right during this planning process, it should be to hire her immediately! From day one she was quick to respond, knowledgeable, CALMING, overall a huge help. I wish I hired her as a full planner looking back because she is so great.

I was an out of town bride and Sashi made my whole planning experience a lot less stressful, and seamless. I brought a TON of decor - basically everything, she not only set up every single item but did so exceptionally well. Her taste and judgement was impeccable. She was at the venue bright and early right when we arrived and was already taking charge and setting up, she also stayed at the venue late that night cleaning and packing up ALL of my belongings. She must have worked a 15 hour day and I couldn’t be more thankful for all of her help. The day of the wedding I didn’t imagine just how much I would need her...whether it was keeping me on track, locating one of my bridesmaids, taking my belongings to the exit destination, gathering people needed for pictures, all while handling all vendors and even passing out food at dinner! Everyone raved about how amazing she was! No detail was left behind.

She truly is amazing and I honestly hope you hire her and this company to make you wedding that much stress free!

Thank you, Sashi for everything you did to help me create the wedding of my dreams, leading the rehearsal and being there start to finish on the wedding day. I truly couldn’t have done it without you and appreciate all you did for me. Thank you for making our day even more special!

Paige and Phil

Dave Ostroski · Married on 11/11/2018

Perfect from start to finish, Sashi was the best!!

Sarasota Catering Company was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. If there were more than 5 stars they would be getting them. Sashi Baez was exceptional. The consummate planning professional. She made the entire process from the first time we talked to her to the very end a truly pleasurable experience. Her attention to detail and speedy responses to all of our requests were greatly appreciated. The planning process can be a very stressful undertaking but Sashi's guidance and expertise made it smooth sailing from the start to the departure via boat at the end of the night - truly magical!
    Many of our guests commented on how great Sashi was and noticed all of the work she was putting into the ceremony. We had comments such as "she was even passing out dinner plates to the tables' and 'she seemed to be on top of everything with precision' . I concur.
    So from all of us to Sashi and her team, thank you, and know how much you are appreciated for what you do. You helped make my daughters wedding a dream come true.

Sabrina · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing, exceptional

Sashi and Anna were amazing and always available when we needed them! Our day was absolutely perfect and I would highly recommend for any event!

Jasmina · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing experience! Sashi is incredible!

Highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company for any bride or groom! I was a nervous first-time bride with no clue where to start, and SCC's helpful questions, guiding timelines, questionnaires and SASHI, MY FAVORITE WEDDING COORDINATOR, led me through the entire process! I have no idea how we would have pulled off the wedding without them. The fact that they offer not only catering but bar service, coordination services, bar service, rental of the necessary items, etc., really set them apart from the other possible catering services for me. But it was the lovely and encouraging, reassuring responses from staff at all times that made me choose them, and I'm so glad I did! We have a wonderful wedding with delicious food and ZERO STRESS FOR US thanks to Sarasota Catering Company!

• Linda

Linda Sellitto · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome experience

Rita and Sasha were so great at helping make our wedding reception in Siesta Key a success. The food was phenomenal. The on time delivery and setup were top shelf. Tom and I could not put enough stars on their review. I would highly recommend them for any reception venues. Wish we could take them north with us.😍

jeff · Married on 09/22/2018

Rita was amazing and helped us customize the perfect menu for our wedding. we could not be happier!

Jodi · Married on 09/04/2018

We were very pleased with everything we ordered for my daughter's small beach wedding reception. Rita was extremely quick to respond each time and I was so happy we found her with not much time left! The food was delicious and plentiful (we had the mahi mahi & sirloin steak). It was all presented very nicely even though it was a drop-off at a private residence (it was on nice trays and stainless steel warmers). Several commented on the creamy raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing and how it was the best they'd ever tasted. The shrimp in the shrimp shooters were large and delicious. The tropical fruit salsa for the fish was excellent as well. The steak was cooked perfectly and very tasty (and they cut it on-sight). The staff was very nice and accommodating. I felt that the quality and quantity of the food we received was a great value. Thank you again for providing the great meal!

Sarasota Catering Company 22
    Sarasota Catering Company 23
    Sarasota Catering Company 24

Brandee · Married on 06/09/2018

Rita was great to work with leading up to the wedding and extremely helpful with us planning this from out of state.
    The Sarasota Catering staff that worked both of our events; from our welcome party to our reception were outstanding. They were extremely respectful and energetic. Our guests couldn’t stop talking about their service and the quality of the food. I would highly recommend their services.

Kristin · Married on 05/26/2018

Sarasota Catering was absolutely amazing to work with!! They were incredibly thorough and quick with communication. I went through them for rentals and day of coordination and everything went so well! I highly recommend them and their day of coordination!! Anna, our day of coordinator, was so helpful and did a ton to make sure everything was perfect!! The food was awesome as well and a lot of my guests told me that it was the best wedding food they have had. I also got a ton of positive feedback from my guests about how wonderful the staff was as well. The staff were so upbeat and helpful. The next time I have an event that needs catering, I will definitely go with Sarasota Catering!!

Melissa · Married on 05/19/2018

Sarasota Catering Company surpassed my expectations. I inquired within dozens of catering companies and this one stood out for having a large and diverse menu with reasonable prices. Sashi was wonderful to work with and helped me to perfect my beach wedding reception. We spoke and emailed back and forth for months. My proposal probably updated 20 times throughout the process as I made up my mind. Sashi was a consummate professional who offered great advice and solid recommendations. The tasting was held at a quaint train depot in Venice. Nothing fancy about the location but the quality of food and the presentation validated our choices. My fiancé (at the time) and I were quite impressed. Lance catered the wedding. He was late due to inclement weather over the sunshine skyway but he didn't delay the ceremony or anything. He served everyone up like a rockstar, down to hand carving the meat. Appetizers were Chicken Satay and two brie wheels with crackers. Buffet dinner included Strawberry Salad with choice of homemade raspberry vinaigrette or balsamic dressing, Rolls with butter, grilled mahi mahi with tropical fruit salsa, rosemary scented potatoes, red pepper and squash medley, and the herb crusted sirloin with lemon butter. Everything was absolutely delicious and completely unaffected by the long drive. The sirloin was medium rare as requested and perfectly tender. The veggies were seasoned brilliantly and also prepared well. The strawberry salad was a huge hit as well as the tropical salsa. Dessert included fruit skewers with honey yogurt and mini mousse cups -chocolate, white chocolate, and raspberry. Those little cups are addictive! Lance packed up our leftovers and cleaned up like a ninja. I don't think he ever broke a sweat. We ate our leftovers for days and talked about ordering from Sarasota for every occasion from now on. Highly recommended!!

Tammy · Married on 05/08/2018

We had Sarasota Catering do our wedding in Lido Beach florida. The Food was the best i ever had. They put together a menu exactly what i wanted and help us out with how much to get. They were very professional and you can't beat the price for what you get. The Employee that helped put it together and that served us on the beach was excellent. If you are looking for the best catering company this is the place.

Tabitha · Married on 04/28/2018

So happy that I chose this company for our wedding! I started off searching for just food, but it made it super convenient that the rentals were also booked thru them (US Tent and So Staged rentals). I worked with Sashi, who from day one, answered any questions I had and gave so much detail to the process! Super patient and friendly discussing my options since I was being very hands on with planning. They have so many food options to fill any needs. We went with the Caribbean buffet package, and they were flexible with substituting and adding sides. Had many compliments on food! Servers were super friendly, always checking on us if we needed apps or drinks. They always had a smile on their face, while working their butts off to set up, serve and clean. Again, Sashi worked so hard to set up my decor which could be tough making someone's vision come to life, and they day schedule went smoothly! Also had rehearsal dinner catering, small bites and cocktail sandwiches, and everyone loved it. Look no more for your catering service!! (We used them at a house rental property in Siesta Key)

Gabriella · Married on 04/28/2018

Sashi was such a wonderful coordinator for us! The employees who staffed our event were amazing and made sure everything was perfect. Shout-out to Laureen who made sure when my husband and I found a few minutes to be away from guests that we had drinks, food, and whatever else we needed. We were beyond happy with the customer service, the quality of the food, and the overall experience of working with Sarasota Catering Company. Everything was flawless. I would definitely recommend them to everyone! We really could not be happier with their service!

Maura · Married on 04/21/2018

We recently got married in Siesta Key, FL and used Sarasota Catering company for the food, linens, and tables. They were amazing to work with, very responsive, and the staff during the reception were phenomenal. I can't say enough about our servers. They went above and beyond to ensure that my husband and I did not have to worry about a single detail. They added beautiful decorations and stood in the rain to make sure all of our guests were happy, fed, and had drinks. I would definitely recommend Sarasota Catering Company to those in the area!

Stephanie · Married on 04/07/2018

What can I say, really? Sarasota Catering Company and Sashi, in particular, was just absolutely amazing. Sashi was our day of coordinator but she helped us in the very beginning as well, explaining how it all worked, going through the menus and answering questions, setting up our tasting, etc. For the day of she was just fantastic. She was on top of everything and worked really hard to make our day special. All of the catering staff for the day of was fabulous. They were all extremely helpful and friendly. We even had to deal with a little bit of rain and they handled that smoothly as well. My now husband commented that he thought our wedding looked like one of those million dollar weddings you see on tv. And I totally agreed - everything loooked so nice and put together. It was the best! I would highly, highly recommend them.

Karen · Married on 03/31/2018

I highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company, not only do they help you find the most affordable package for you, their service is excellent and punctual. The food was incredible and the servers really great! We had a small backyard wedding but everything was perfect!