Sarah Wockenfuss Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Katelyn A. Married on 07/03/2021

Professional and Amazing

Sarah and her team were absolutely amazing for our renewal of vows ceremony/baptism. 2 years ago we had booked her for our wedding ceremony, but with COVID everything was rearranged and we had to rebook for 2021. She was super flexible and even though it wasn’t a traditional wedding ceremony anymore, she captured exactly what we were hoping for, without us having to explain. What stood out the most is her ability to understand what’s important to her client, time seems to vanish on your wedding day so she made sure to capture the key moments and understood when we were “pictured out” and just ready to party. She worked amazingly with all the other vendors and managed to help us stay on schedule. She’s extremely professional and I recommend her to everyone!
  • Dana
    Dana D. Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing work and friendly service!

Sarah was a seamless part of our wedding day, she is personable, easy to work with, and provided us with amazing photos of our big day that we will cherish forever! Sarah was our friends’ wedding photographer and we loved their final product and hired her as well and we’re glad we did! Sarah’s work is stunning and she provided us with updates and a super fast turnaround time!
    Tom Married on 08/11/2020

Sarah Saves the Big Day!

Sarah photographed our wedding just a month ago, and my wife and I could not be more satisfied with Sarah's work! Everything from her friendly personality and professional demeanor, to the simple and straightforward automated payment process (seriously, I have never had an easier time managing a series of payments), to her flexibility in working under stressful and uncertain lockdown conditions, to her incredible skill as a photographer left us wanting for nothing. We even got a nice discount on her services since we booked The Wedding Ninja as our wedding planner and wedding day coordinator. That being said, I can't promise you anything, so don't assume that my discount is still available and instead please ask her about any discounts she has available. Sarah's free to offer discounts at her discretion, not because some random guy on the internet said she gave him a break.

Here's a little story about how Sarah redeemed a tragic set of circumstances with her photography skill. My wife and I had a fancy venue booked for our wedding, but upon hearing that we would not be able to schedule most of the events that we originally had planned due to state-mandated lockdown conditions, we changed everything about our wedding, including the venue. We ended up setting the wedding in my wife's parents' backyard, and although we were originally dismayed about the prospect of not having access to a fancy venue for our ceremony, Sarah quickly brought up our countenances with her remarkable camera competency. That has to be my greatest endorsement of Sarah: she elevates any environment she inhabits with her photography, making even a mundane backyard appear gorgeous. Our photos turned out stunning, and it's all thanks to Sarah. She is a true craftswoman, a professional through and through, and I recommend Sarah Wockenfuss Photography to anyone in need of a photographer.

Sincerely,
    -Tom
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 08/08/2020

Perfect Photographer!!

Sarah helped capture our day in the most amazing way. She made us feel comfortable, she took pictures without pulling us around all night, and the whole bridal party loved her and the second shooter. She posted a sneak peek preview within a week so we were able to have some extremely high quality pictures to share with family and friends.

Sarah Wockenfuss Photography's reply:

I enjoyed working with you two on your wedding day! Thank you for your kind review and choosing to work with me!
  • Don
    Emily Married on 01/25/2020

Sarah brings the perfect combo of fun and focused to the wedding day pic sessions

Sarah and her assistant photographed our January nighttime wedding at the Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore. From the moment we met her, she was enthusiastic and receptive. She made sure that from day one, we felt comfortable with her. She asked questions that allowed us to think about the particulars of the day. I’ve known people who stressed so much about their wedding photographs, and I can’t express how much of a relief it was to know we could fully trust Sarah to get the shots we wanted without having the photo-taking interfere with our ability to enjoy spending time with our friends and relatives. She was just the right amount of focused and easy-going. For us, capturing candid shots that showed our personalities was very important. As we get our photos back, we see she valued this request and took some great pictures of moments we didn’t think she had captured. We have nothing but happy memories of working with Sarah and of sharing our wedding day with her. If you’ve talked to many recently married couples, you probably know how rare that is. We feel so grateful to her for her artistic work and her fun and supportive personality.
  • Brooke
    Brooke Married on 10/27/2019

Phenomenal

Sarah Wockenfuss Photography... Where to even begin?!
    From the start Sarah was incredibly kind and flexible! She came to our farm for our engagement photos and they were stunning even on a gloomy day!
    Before the wedding she was eager to learn more about us and to help us in the planning process, to ensure our day went smoothly. With Sarah at our wedding as our photographer, and honestly friend, things went perfectly! Her second shooter Valarie was equally as wonderful.
    As for our wedding photos, WOW. We were absolutely speechless scrolling through our many many photos! She gave us a sneak peak the morning after the wedding which was incredibly surprising but sooo sweet. A little while later she did a nice blog post about our wedding and shared more photos. Must I say it again? AWESOME.
    Our photos are elegant, bright and airy, beautiful, and phenomenally captured our day. She captured every detail of our wedding which was such a relief because the day really does fly by and you don't get to take it all in!
    My lovely husband is not the most photogenic and she did a wonderful job of capturing him and getting a good candid smile from him! We will cherish our pictures forever and I can't wait to have our wedding album made to save them in an even better way!
    I really can't say enough good, and this review doesn't even begin to cover it all. Just know if you hire Sarah you will NOT be disappointed. Do it. Do it right now!

Sarah Wockenfuss Photography's reply:

Brooke, every moment working with you and Charles was SO much fun! I am so thankful that you chose me to be a part of your engagement and wedding day. Thank you SO much for the honest and kind review! It means the world to me and my business!
  • Brooke
    Brooke Married on 10/12/2019

Sarah is amazing!

Sarah was a total rockstar at our wedding. Not only is Sarah extraordinarily talented, but she is the sweetest ever! :) Sarah’s calmness and composure were positively contagious which really helped keep everything not only running smoothly and also made the day feel so much more relaxed than I anticipated and it was awesome. My side of the family definitely has a tendency to get flustered, and even when we were looking for family members, missing items, etc. she remained totally calm and collected. We knew we were in great hands with Sarah! My biggest worry when looking for a photographer for our wedding is that my now-husband is definitely not a big fan of having his picture taken. Sarah is such a warm welcoming person, he felt at such ease being photographed. In our engagement session and at our wedding, his sweet natural smile came shining through! She really took time to get to know us and truly captured our relationship and the essence of our day. She has such a wonderful eye for candid moments and really takes the time to make sure she covers those important special details and shots. Her mastery in all different lighting conditions is incredible – we got married in a church & had our indoor/outdoor reception at a historic mansion that lasted into the evening - everything turned out amazing, and we even had a full moon for our night photos. Sarah was also so incredibly organized and was a total lifesaver. On our way to the church, we found out that the netting in my wedding dress wasn’t properly sewn in – the pins were still in it and the netting was falling down below my dress hem, putting me at risk for tripping on it. Sarah came to the rescue with a box filled with safety pins and helped pin my dress up so I was ready for photos and walking down the aisle. Sarah is amazing and so incredibly talented. We would most definitely recommend her! :)

Sarah Wockenfuss Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the honest and detailed review! Your kind words brought tears to my eyes. It was an honor working with you and Pat for your engagement and wedding. I truly enjoyed getting to know the both of you and your relationship. You are both kind souls with a bright future ahead of you! Congratulations again!
    Amanda Married on 09/28/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Sarah is an absolutely amazing photographer! She has truly mastered this art. She provided such an amazing experience for us on our wedding day. She and her second shooter, Valerie, were friendly, punctual, engaging, and talented. Sarah took the time to get to know us before our wedding day. She touched base frequently and kept open lines of communication for any questions I had and to thoroughly review our timeline. She prioritized what we wanted for our photos and truly delivered. She delivered our highlight gallery less than a week after our wedding, and they were absolutely beautiful. We love every single one of our pictures. We can't wait for our full gallery! These are photos we will cherish for many years to come, and we couldn't have asked for a better person to capture our day. I would recommend Sarah a million times over!
    Kelly B. Married on 09/21/2019

Sarah creates magic

Sarah creates MAGIC. I can’t say enough about how great Sarah was to work with. She was instantly able to put my husband and I at ease, and capture some of the most captivating photographs. I was so pleased with the high quality of my wedding and engagement photographs and I will continue to recommend and use her in the future.
  • Allison
    Allison P. Married on 07/12/2019

Highly recommend

I cannot recommend Sarah enough. My wife and I were pretty nervous and camera shy during our engagement shoot and Sarah made it feel like we were just hanging out with a friend.
    Fast forward to wedding time and Sarah helped us walk the venue and make sure that we set up our ceremony so that we would have the best lighting for pictures. My wife wanted to maximize photo time so that we could enjoy cocktail hour and as much of our reception as possible. Sarah made sure that we stuck to the timeline while still capturing gorgeous photos. Even when the bridal party was behind getting ready and she could tell I was stressed she was calm and reassuring while still getting all the photos we wanted in. Having Sarah photograph our wedding just felt like having another friend there. She made us laugh, feel beautiful, and made sure to listen to our wishes. We truly couldn’t be happier with the shots she took and will cherish the photos forever.
  • Meghan
    Meghan L. Married on 06/30/2019

Brilliant creative direction, great personality to work with!

We were just married 06.30.2019, and we cannot say enough good things about working with Sarah Wockenfuss. When we first met Sarah, she sat with us and listened to the vision we had for our day, and was genuinely excited. Not only is she an extremely talented photographer, she is also very organized and kept us on track with wedding timeline details via curated/user-friendly questionnaires.
    On our wedding day, Sarah and her assistant arrived early, cheerful, and full of energy. I watched as she took aesthetic pictures with our rings, flowers, and little details she took upon herself to curate from our decor. It was wonderful watching her work and now seeing her creative direction come to life in our beautiful pictures. I'm so envious of her incredible eye for detail!
    It was particularly hot on our wedding day, and she kept up the energy during wedding party pictures. She was so wonderful in finding beautiful spots around our wedding venue property and worked quickly to get the perfect shots. My now husband usually has minimal patience when it comes to having his picture taken, and I didn't hear one complaint from him while working with Sarah. She kept things fun and light when posing us, and encouraged us to keep things natural with our couple shots.
    The turn-around-time for getting our wedding pictures back was much faster than anticipated! It just demonstrated to us her passion and dedication for photography and that she is just as excited for our pictures as we are.
    We are looking at our wedding pictures now with friends and family and cannot imagine working with anyone else for pictures we will proudly display for the rest of our lives. Based on the photos we received and compared to other photographers' portfolios, Sarah could have charged us a lot more. 11/10 for quality, professionalism, timeliness, value, etc, plus she's just an all around lovely person to hang out with! We will obviously rehire Sarah for any and all upcoming events.

Sarah Wockenfuss Photography's reply:

Wow, Meghan! Thank you SO much for the incredibly thoughtful and kind review! Reading this made me so happy and grateful for amazing couples like you two. It was truly my pleasure working with you and Shea. Your wedding day may have been a little warm, but it was perfect. Thank you for being so great to work with. I am so glad I could give you a great experience. I wish you and Shea the best!
    Sarah Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Photographer

Sarah and her second shooter, Valerie, were amazing! They were flexible throughout the entire evening and made taking pictures fun and comfortable. All my guests commented how if they wanted a picture with someone Sarah made it happen. I really wanted night shots and she made sure that I got those. She captured every moment of the day. I will use Sarah again in the future when I get professional photos done.
  • Hannah
    Hannah M. Married on 05/12/2019

An amazing photographer who also becomes a friend

I cannot give enough stars for Sarah! She put me, my family, and my bridal party at ease throughout the day, as well as helped me with my endless questions throughout the planning process. The photos are gorgeous, they were delivered long before I thought they would be and I love every single one.

I planned my wedding from a distance and Sarah also was the perfect vendor to work with--she was accommodating of our travel schedule for our engagement photos and went as far as to provide a list of other local vendors she has worked with to help us out.

If you are looking for a photographer that will feel like a close friend on your day, look no further. I trusted her completely and am so glad I did.
  • Amy
    Amy L. Married on 05/05/2019

Amazing photos and stress-free experience

Sarah is absolutely wonderful and worth every penny we paid! The entire process leading up to the day was organized and she made sure I was getting every picture I wanted and offered helpful advice throughout the process. The day of she and her partner ran around getting all the detail pictures as well as pictures with us and got everything done very efficiently. Sarah went above and beyond to make our day perfect even in the rain! We have not received all of our photos just yet, but even the few she shares right after the wedding are absolutely stunning. She captured everything I could have every wanted and more. I was stressed out about a lot of things the day of the wedding, but photography was not one of them. I highly recommend Sarah. You will get incredible pictures and not have to worry about a thing.
  • Patty
    Patty Married on 11/17/2018

Best Photographer Ever!!!

Stop looking and book Sarah to be a part of your big day! Sarah made every moment throughout the process from beginning to end incredible. Her attention to timeline, details, and you and your fiancé make every moment you spend with Sarah a moment to remember. Highly highly recommend for your big day! We love you Sarah
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Q. Married on 11/03/2018

Great photographer

Sarah and her second shooter, Valerie, did a fantastic job on my 11/3/2018 wedding. Sarah was accommodating of pushing off an engagement shoot to a 1 year anniversery shoot due to my fiances injury, she was professional and quick to respond for any questions, detailed oriented and patient along with not charging an excessive amount of money for the services. She has a great personality and is a breeze to work with. My fiance and I were thrilled with our photos and we got many compliments on them from others.
  • Colleen
    Colleen Married on 10/20/2018

Can She BE Anymore Amazing?!

How can I explain Sarah without sounding like I have a total girl crush on her?! Well, for starters, she is absolutely amazing! From the initial email reaching out to me, I knew she would be our photographer- from her personality to her professionalism. We met her at our engagement shoot and Andrew and I were so nervous! But, she made us feel so comfortable, made the whole process so much fun, and to be honest, I felt like friends after- she talks to you and jokes with you like you're friends, not a client. Moving further, she is the perfect person to talk to when you have those "stupid questions." She also will come to you with questions to ensure that everything comes out the way YOU want it to. And, she makes you feel like you are her only couple- even though I'm sure she has a million!
    Moving on to our wedding day, she arrived an hour early to make sure she found the perfect spots for pictures so that you don't have to stress even the slightest. She quickly took control while also making you feel like the most beautiful bride. The night was everything we had dreamed of and I know she was to thank for so much of it.
    Pictures, videos, and memories mean so much to me- always has. So, having the perfect photographer was on the top of our list. Did Sarah meet our expectations? She went over and beyond! Sarah, you were absolutely amazing. Valerie (her assistant) was incredible. And, I couldn't recommend you more. Thank you for everything!

Sarah Wockenfuss Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much Colleen! I LOVED working with you and Andrew. I'm glad I was able to provide a comfortable and fun experience for you!
    Shelby P. Married on 10/20/2018

Nothing short of perfect

Sarah has done both my wedding and engagement pictures. I will go no where else when I need portraits taken an I’m excited to have a great contact for pictures but a great friend throughout this. She put all my needs and wants above anything else and I am beyond blessed and thankful for her added time, beautiful skills and understanding the weirdness of chase an I but also our wild fun loving friends and family. Until the next event Sarah!
    Sydney Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely Incredible!

Working with Sarah and Tim was so amazing! They captured the moments that made our day so special. Very professional, but never real and casual, go with the flow. They have experience and advice to make your day special. Highly highly recommend for anyone looking for a photographer! We love them!
    Victoria Married on 07/23/2018
    When we found our venue they recommended working with Sarah. Communication with Sarah was top notch from the beginning. She genuinely wanted to know about us and our relationship prior to meeting for our engagement photos. She was easy to work with and flexible when scheduling these dates. She worked with us telling us how to stand and pose. We felt like we were working with a friend throughout the entire process. Sarah worked seamlessly with all of our vendors on our wedding day. Turn around rates were quick with our photos as well. She truly does an amazing job! I could not recommend her more we will continue to use Sarah as our lives change and our family grows.
    Sara Married on 07/14/2018
    Sarah is amazing. Our pictures came out so well and Sarah and Tim made me feel comfortable the entire time. Sarah is very quick to respond and super professional. She helped me every step of the way. Definitely check out their pictures so you can see how talented they are! I highly recommend Sarah as your wedding photographer!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 05/19/2018
    Sarah is an amazing photographer. She is so easy to be around and her co-pilot/boyfriend Tim who works with her is just as fantastic. The photos they take are amazing and I can show them ideas I have for how I want the photos to look and they deliver. The prices are amazing and I would recommend them to anyone I know. My husband and I are not your typical photoshoot couple and we were quite nervous but it’s a walk in the park after meeting Sarah and Tim! If 10 stars was possible they would get it!!!
    Emily Married on 04/21/2018
    Sarah and Tim provided excellent pictures for my husband and I's wedding on 4/21. We booked Sarah and Tim about a year and a half prior to my wedding and I'm so glad we did. From the moment I talked to Sarah on the phone, I knew she was going to be the photographer that would capture our story as a couple from engagement photos to wedding photos. At our engagement shoot, Sarah and Tim photographed our pictures at the Ravens stadium and thought we could take some more pictures at sunset in Fells Point. There was an Orioles game that day and we missed the shoot, but Tim and Sarah asked us if we would join them for dinner so we could all get to know each other a bit. I'm so glad we did that because it made us feel more comfortable with them. Tim and Sarah also graciously offered a second engagement shoot to make up for the missed shoot. They did not have to do that, but I thought that went above and beyond for a photography company. Sarah was very organized with our wants, likes, dislikes, etc for our wedding day pictures and we got exactly what we wanted. They arrived promptly on time on the morning of our wedding and captured all the moments that we wanted. Our pictures were absolutely perfect and we cannot wait to frame them all over our house. Thanks Sarah and Tim!
    Leslie Married on 04/14/2018
    You're incredible. Thank you for everything and for capturing each moment!
    Leslie Married on 04/14/2018
    Couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Sarah and Tim were amazing and made everything so fun and easy. I felt so relaxed with their guidance and loved how she captured every aspect of our wedding day. Sarah- you are so talented my friend! I loved working with them and would recommend to any and all brides!