Sarah Shelley Photography Reviews

34 | Haymarket, VA

34 Reviews for Sarah Shelley Photography

34 Sarah Shelley Photography Reviews

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2018

Sarah is amazing! Her pictures came out beautifully and I’ve gotten so many compliments on them. She is so sweet and incredibly nice. She captured every special moment and so much more! I highly recommend!

Sarah Shelley Photography 1

Maria · Married on 05/27/2018

Since firat day she shows her professionalism. Always puntal for the appointments. I used Sarah’s services for my daughters Quinceañera and I am very happy how the pictures came out! The price is was resasonable.

Meagan · Married on 11/03/2017

Sarah is the most exceptional photographer in Northern Virginia. My husband and I worked with her for over a year, planning and customizing our wedding photography experience. Our engagement photos (shot in Washington, D.C.) were perfectly staged, captured, and returned to us. Sarah shot our wedding in Leesburg, VA on November 3rd for 8 hours. She made us look and feel incredible! We paid extra for a second photographer (her wonderful husband) for 2 hours at our wedding. That option allowed our ceremony, cocktail hour, and start of our reception to simultaneously be captured by the both of them. Sarah was able to insert herself into the most personal moments of our wedding, without intrusion. At times, we didn't notice her there, which is a true testament to her mastery. Her skills as a photographer surpass her pricing (which is extremely affordable!) She is truly is worth every single penny we spent. Thank you so much, Sarah! You are wonderful/amazing/incredible and every other spectacular adjective known to man! We love you! -Meagan and Dennis Adams

Sarah Shelley Photography 2
    Sarah Shelley Photography 3
    Sarah Shelley Photography 4
    Sarah Shelley Photography 5
    Sarah Shelley Photography 6
    Sarah Shelley Photography 7

Lauri · Married on 10/15/2017

Sarah has done family photos a couples times for my family. She is great to work with and always quick getting the photos ready for us to view. She has been very patient and accommodating when dealing with my highly uncooperative toddler son. We will definitely use her again!!!

Annie · Married on 10/14/2017

Sarah was fantastic to work with! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. She is so sweet and just puts anyone at ease that works with her. We did our engagement and wedding photos with her and I'm so glad we did. She made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. Her turn around time with the photos has been so quick as well. We are so happy with the photos we have received so far! I can't recommend Sarah enough!

Kodi · Married on 09/09/2017

Sarah and her husband are great! I can't say enough how great they are. The pricing is very reasonable. I would send her ideas I had and she would do exactly what my vision was. She is sooo nice! She did a great job with our pictures. We got married 3 weeks ago and are already getting most of the photos. Turn around time is great. Other photographers take months, which is crazy. Her attitude is great, she is so sweet!I would recommend her to everyone!

Veronica · Married on 09/08/2017

My fiancé and i hired Sarah Shelley to do our engagement pictures. She was great with responding to emails and helping coordinate a place to go to. I had mentioned I wanted someplace rustic and country like for the location. She came up with the best spot. When we took the pictures she was very easy to be comfortable with. My fiancé isn't the biggest fan of getting his picture taken but she was able to get him to smile and actually get into taking the pictures. We WILL be using her again.

Sarah Shelley Photography 8
    Sarah Shelley Photography 9

Jackie · Married on 08/12/2017

Sarah was amazing! I am a German National so planning the wedding was a challenge in general but Sarah was so easy to work with and very flexible in meeting up with us! The pictures are amazing and we love the ideas for photos she had and how the ones we wanted turned out! We enjoyed having Sarah as part of our wedding! :)

Lindsey · Married on 06/01/2017

All of Sarah’s photos tell the most beautiful stories of our family’s life throughout the past three years, while Sarah has been our trusted photographer. Her smile and incredibly successful manner with children have led to numerous fun photography sessions for all of our most important occasions! We have a library of photos to look back on that is truly amazing and will give us many happy memories for years to come! Sarah is very professional and we have always enjoyed working with her. We look forward to a photo session with her again soon!

Sarah Shelley Photography 10

Cassidy · Married on 05/20/2017

Sarah did a fantastic job with our wedding! She captured amazing pictures that we can't stop looking at and we are so thankful to have had her as our photographer. She worked with us to create a photography package that fit our plan and a beautifully designed album to relive our wedding day.

Sarah Shelley Photography 11
    Sarah Shelley Photography 12

Erica · Married on 05/13/2017

Sarah was a pleasure to work with! Sarah was easy to get ahold of to answer any questions we had and our pictures turned out great! Not only was she willing to work with us to create a package within our budget, but she was also very patient with us while working around our schedules. Thank you, Sarah!!

Aimee · Married on 04/30/2017

Sarah was great through the entire wedding process from start to finish.

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2017

Sarah was just so amazing to work with! She made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. Our photos came back very fast and we had hundreds to choose from. I barely noticed her running around during the wedding, but she managed to capture every unique and crazy moment from the day. Thank you Sarah!

Jessica · Married on 03/11/2017

Sarah Shelley is an amazing photographer!! She has a very creative eye and will do anything that she can to make sure that she captures the greatest moments regardless of the event that she is photographing!! I have used her for many different occasions, even just portraits, and would recommend her to anyone!!!

Monique · Married on 02/02/2017

Fantastic photos from our wedding. Sarah was amazing with lighting and positioning. She captured some stunning photos. I love her attention to detail and her ability to suggest and create flattering poses. She also got some great candids!

Andrew · Married on 10/08/2016

Sarah did an AMAZING and professional job for our wedding. We could not have asked for a better photographer! Her attention to detail with every picture makes for a lifetime of memories to look back on. We were shocked at the amount of photos and how she seemed to get every angle of our evening just by herself was amazing. Thank you so much!

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

Sarah did a great job! She came with ideas for pictures that would work for us and our venue. She captured all of the little details of our day beautifully.

Meredith · Married on 09/02/2016

Sarah was fantastic to work with and we are so glad that she was able to photograph both our wedding and engagement pictures! She was always very professional and prompt to respond to any emails or messages. Having a large wedding party and family, she really managed to keep everyone in order so that we were able to get all the pictures we wanted in a short amount of time before our reception. We would definitely recommend using a second shooter and her husband was just as wonderful to work with. My husband and his groomsmen had a great time taking their group pictures before the ceremony. All of our pictures were gorgeous and we especially loved that they were uploaded to an online gallery so we could view them as she was still editing others. We would highly recommend Sarah!

Maria · Married on 08/20/2016

Sarah is one of the sweetest people I have ever met! She is super comfortable to be around, creative, and takes awesome photos. Our pictures came out great, and everything included in our package was perfect. She even respects if you're military by offering discounts! Wouldn't have picked another photographer. :)

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

I absolutely loved working with Sarah! From our engagement session in November to our wedding day in August, she was so easy and fun to work with. I really liked that since she's a former teacher, she offered a teacher discount (I teach first grade). All of our photos turned out absolutely beautifully, and I don't really consider myself photogenic! She really had a great sense for posing/arranging my husband and I, as well as our families and our wedding party. She was very timely in providing us with "sneak peek" photos, and our full album of several thousand photos was ready less than a month after our wedding. I loved being able to see, and show friends and family, something other than cell phone pictures the DAY after our wedding! I can't wait to have an album and prints made - the only hard part will be deciding which photos to choose! Thanks to Sarah, we will be able to look back at all of the beautiful details from our wedding forever!

jessica · Married on 08/05/2016

Sarah was the photographer at my wedding in August of this year. She was not only wonderful to work with, the pictures she took turned out to be stunning! I'm shocked at how beautiful the pictures are! I would highly recommend her!

Brittny · Married on 10/10/2015

Sarah photographed our wedding in October 2015. My husband and I met her at a wedding expo and immediately liked her. She is a warm, bubbly person, and we knew we'd be comfortable having her around on our wedding day. To make sure our styles matched, Sarah did a trial run of engagement photos, which turned out really well. A few weeks before the wedding I was questioning whether or not to request an additional hour of her time on the wedding day. Sarah was patient with me and gave me the freedom to make a decision at the last minute, which I really appreciated. Throughout the day Sarah captured intimate moments between me and my parents and bridesmaids, my husband and his groomspeople, really fun shots of the whole group, beautiful photos of the ceremony and surrounding landscape, and fun, vibrant photos of the reception. She never got in the way or made anyone feel uncomfortable with her camera. Sarah sent us the photos in great time - only a few weeks after the wedding. She gave us originals, some in black and white, sepia, and other styles. There were plenty to choose from! Two things we particularly love are how she captured the light around dusk, and how she got some sneaky, unexpected shots when we weren't looking. Because Sarah operates her own business, working with her feels very personal - the way it should be on your wedding day. The disc cases she sent our photos in had a collage of the best photos on the front - a really nice touch. All in all, we really enjoyed working with Sarah and can't recommend her enough!

Patricia · Married on 09/20/2015

Sarah took my engagement photographs. My fiance is not used to taking pictures at all (this was the first 'photo shoot' for both of us) and even persuading him to take engagement pictures at all was a trial. Sarah made us both feel at ease and comfortable the entire time, She worked patiently with us, who never knew how to pose or seem graceful or on balance at all. She also worked patiently with our puppy, Aisha. We really wanted our 5 month old husky puppy to be involved in the shoot. She is a handful and getting her to look at the camera, or stay in one place for over 1 second. The 1.5 hours flew by quickly and with a lot of laughs. She sent the pictures quickly and they were all beautiful. Poses that I felt would bring out all the wrong attributes ended up being my favorite and the pictures of us with our dog were perfect and it seemed impossible that she could have caught those moments. Sarah was wonderful and if we were having our wedding in this area, instead of Chicago, I would have loved to hire her again for our wedding.

Christy · Married on 04/18/2015

Sarah is a very talented photographer! Could not be any happier with both my engagement and wedding photos! She has a great eye for small moments and details! Highly recommend!

leyvi · Married on 06/28/2014

I initially contacted Sarah for a mini-session and soon I realized I was gonna be using her services for more than one occasion. We have done a few photosessions and there are more to come. She is skilled with the camera and has a way of making you feel comfortable when working with her.

Sarah responds to inquiries promptly and works with you to develop and implement your ideas (location+props) in the session.