Sarah Shelley Photography Reviews

Sarah Shelley Photography 6
Sarah Shelley Photography 7

Abby Ibarra · Married on 07/20/2019

Professional and personable!

I was so impressed with Sarah! Once she arrived she immediately got to work! I have to say I wasn't the happiest bride in 90 degree weather during our photoshoot and I was so overtaken by the day's activities, but she was so patient with me and did not make me feel like a terrible person! She made me feel at ease every time I felt I was getting overwhelmed. Everything was worth it when I saw the outcome! She was so fast at sending me the pictures and open to questions. Would definitely recommend her! Thank you for capturing our special day! :)

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Sarah Shelley Photography 8

Carole · Married on 07/06/2019

Great to work with and great photos!

Sarah was fantastic to work with! We had a lot of fun with our engagement photos and they turned out really well. She did a fabulous job on the wedding photos and was quick to get them to us.

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Photographer!

We love Sarah! We hired Sarah for our wedding this past weekend and she was amazing to work with from the engagement photos to the big day. She was so responsive and professional and her photos are beautiful. We took so many photos, (getting ready, to the first look, the ceremony and the reception) and she was able to capture all the special moments throughout the day. She was even able to get photos of my three little flower girls. We highly recommend Sarah and we will be hiring her again!

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Sarah Shelley Photography 9
    Sarah Shelley Photography 10
    Sarah Shelley Photography 11
    Sarah Shelley Photography 12
    Sarah Shelley Photography 13

Alexis · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding Photos

Sarah was amazing! Not only where our engagement photos incredible but I cannot stop getting compliments on our wedding photos! She was so flexible and willing to negotiate on price and package details. Our engagement photos were the first set of posed photos my husband and I had ever done together and she put us at ease.

Sent on 07/02/2019
    Sarah Shelley Photography 14
  • Jessika

Jessika Schweinsberg · Married on 11/10/2018

Personable, Professional, All Around Wonderful!

Sarah was the perfect addition to our wedding day! She was punctual, easy to communicate with, professional and artistic. Her ideas are creative and unique! She even coordinated our large family for photos and captured some great moments! She's very into candid shots, so if that's not your thing make sure you give a specific shot list. 10 out of 10 would work with her again. Thank you, Sarah!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Sarah Shelley Photography 15
    Sarah Shelley Photography 16
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 11/03/2018

Gorgeous photos

Sarah was an amazing photographer to work with from start to finish. We first met her when she took our engagement photos a few months before our wedding. She was friendly, professional, and took so many beautiful pictures of us which she got back to us less than a week later! Leading up to our wedding Sarah asked us what we wanted and helped us with a timeline. We wanted to take all of our bridal party pictures and family pictures prior to our ceremony in order to enjoy time with our families. Sarah made it happen. She kept on our timeline and made sure we got all the pictures we wanted. The pictures Sarah took of us are GORGEOUS. I've gotten so many compliments on them from our friends and family. We started getting pictures back from Sarah about two weeks after our wedding. It is now about six weeks post wedding and we already have all of our photos! I was so happy with Sarah and would absolutely hire her or recommend her to friends and family!

Sent on 12/23/2018
    Sarah Shelley Photography 17

Lauren Hurlburt · Married on 10/13/2018

Sarah was great!

Sarah was amazing for our engagement photo shoot and the day of! She was with us for 13 whole hours and was such a trooper! We have gotten great photos of all of our family and friends and she was right there in the moment with everyone the day of! She also had her husband come along for a portion of the day so we could get multiple angles and the photos from the first look and as I was walking down the aisle with both shots were so beautiful!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Noel · Married on 10/12/2018

Very Quick Turnaround

Sarah captured our day beautifully. I was amazed at the quality of our pictures after receiving them. She is very responsive, professional and easy to work with. Everyone has complimented my wedding pictures. The package pricing is unbeatable, especially for this area. I was also pleasantly surprised at the quick turn around for our pictures! I received multiple albums while I was on my Honeymoon.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Kendall Donahue · Married on 10/06/2018

Very talented and creative photographer

Sarah is an amazing photographer! She does everything in her power to make your day run smoothly and to capture all of the special moments of your wedding. She is very reasonably priced and her work is worth every penny you spend! She is very creative and friendly. She will put everyone at ease and will make every picture taken an enjoyable experience.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Rachel Petruolo · Married on 10/03/2018

Very happy!!

Sarah was so much fun to work with! The family pictures that she took were amazing! Can't wait to hang them up 😊 we also got the pictures back very quickly, which I can't say I've had a photographer do before!! I was very impressed.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2018

Sarah is amazing! Her pictures came out beautifully and I’ve gotten so many compliments on them. She is so sweet and incredibly nice. She captured every special moment and so much more! I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Sarah Shelley Photography 18

Sophie Shuklin · Married on 06/02/2018

Personal and Attentive

Our daughter's bat mitzvah was hassle free thanks to Sarah's professionalism. She was very flexible with two different venues and two dates and had a lot of patience during the event to take beautiful photos of the children as well as adults. After our event, she worked very fast and provided two finished products for us to review and download. Sarah is very creative and has a ton of ideas and suggestions. As a former teacher, she is extra caring and attentive. She makes every event personal and special.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Maria · Married on 05/27/2018

Since firat day she shows her professionalism. Always puntal for the appointments. I used Sarah’s services for my daughters Quinceañera and I am very happy how the pictures came out! The price is was resasonable.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Meagan · Married on 11/03/2017

Sarah is the most exceptional photographer in Northern Virginia. My husband and I worked with her for over a year, planning and customizing our wedding photography experience. Our engagement photos (shot in Washington, D.C.) were perfectly staged, captured, and returned to us. Sarah shot our wedding in Leesburg, VA on November 3rd for 8 hours. She made us look and feel incredible! We paid extra for a second photographer (her wonderful husband) for 2 hours at our wedding. That option allowed our ceremony, cocktail hour, and start of our reception to simultaneously be captured by the both of them. Sarah was able to insert herself into the most personal moments of our wedding, without intrusion. At times, we didn't notice her there, which is a true testament to her mastery. Her skills as a photographer surpass her pricing (which is extremely affordable!) She is truly is worth every single penny we spent. Thank you so much, Sarah! You are wonderful/amazing/incredible and every other spectacular adjective known to man! We love you! -Meagan and Dennis Adams

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Sarah Shelley Photography 19
    Sarah Shelley Photography 20
    Sarah Shelley Photography 21
    Sarah Shelley Photography 22
    Sarah Shelley Photography 23
    Sarah Shelley Photography 24

Lauri · Married on 10/15/2017

Sarah has done family photos a couples times for my family. She is great to work with and always quick getting the photos ready for us to view. She has been very patient and accommodating when dealing with my highly uncooperative toddler son. We will definitely use her again!!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Annie · Married on 10/14/2017

Sarah was fantastic to work with! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. She is so sweet and just puts anyone at ease that works with her. We did our engagement and wedding photos with her and I'm so glad we did. She made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day. Her turn around time with the photos has been so quick as well. We are so happy with the photos we have received so far! I can't recommend Sarah enough!

Kodi · Married on 09/09/2017

Sarah and her husband are great! I can't say enough how great they are. The pricing is very reasonable. I would send her ideas I had and she would do exactly what my vision was. She is sooo nice! She did a great job with our pictures. We got married 3 weeks ago and are already getting most of the photos. Turn around time is great. Other photographers take months, which is crazy. Her attitude is great, she is so sweet!I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Veronica · Married on 09/08/2017

My fiancé and i hired Sarah Shelley to do our engagement pictures. She was great with responding to emails and helping coordinate a place to go to. I had mentioned I wanted someplace rustic and country like for the location. She came up with the best spot. When we took the pictures she was very easy to be comfortable with. My fiancé isn't the biggest fan of getting his picture taken but she was able to get him to smile and actually get into taking the pictures. We WILL be using her again.

Sent on 10/30/2017
    Sarah Shelley Photography 25
    Sarah Shelley Photography 26

Jackie · Married on 08/12/2017

Sarah was amazing! I am a German National so planning the wedding was a challenge in general but Sarah was so easy to work with and very flexible in meeting up with us! The pictures are amazing and we love the ideas for photos she had and how the ones we wanted turned out! We enjoyed having Sarah as part of our wedding! :)

Sent on 10/30/2017

Lindsey · Married on 06/01/2017

All of Sarah’s photos tell the most beautiful stories of our family’s life throughout the past three years, while Sarah has been our trusted photographer. Her smile and incredibly successful manner with children have led to numerous fun photography sessions for all of our most important occasions! We have a library of photos to look back on that is truly amazing and will give us many happy memories for years to come! Sarah is very professional and we have always enjoyed working with her. We look forward to a photo session with her again soon!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Sarah Shelley Photography 27

Cassidy · Married on 05/20/2017

Sarah did a fantastic job with our wedding! She captured amazing pictures that we can't stop looking at and we are so thankful to have had her as our photographer. She worked with us to create a photography package that fit our plan and a beautifully designed album to relive our wedding day.

Sarah Shelley Photography 28
    Sarah Shelley Photography 29

Erica · Married on 05/13/2017

Sarah was a pleasure to work with! Sarah was easy to get ahold of to answer any questions we had and our pictures turned out great! Not only was she willing to work with us to create a package within our budget, but she was also very patient with us while working around our schedules. Thank you, Sarah!!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Aimee · Married on 04/30/2017

Sarah was great through the entire wedding process from start to finish.

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2017

Sarah was just so amazing to work with! She made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. Our photos came back very fast and we had hundreds to choose from. I barely noticed her running around during the wedding, but she managed to capture every unique and crazy moment from the day. Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Brandy · event on 03/17/2017

I hired Sarah to take my daughter’s Irish dance portraits and she was amazing. Sarah is super friendly, fun and very professional. She was very patient with my young daughter’s energy level and she worked closely with me to capture the traditional stances and dance positions in Irish dance. She took multiple posed photos as well as several candid and creative photos and they all turned out beautifully!! Sarah captured the sparkle in my daughter’s eyes and her sassy character, effortlessly. The portraits turned out way beyond my expectations and to say I was pleased is putting it mildly so when my significant other needed a professional headshot for an industry organization’s website, I did not hesitate to call on Sarah a second time. The headshot turned out perfectly, exactly what he needed and asked for. Both experiences with Sarah were spectacular, the price points were very, very reasonable and the quality was fantastic!!! I’ll be booking her again very soon, for family portraits!!