Sarah Sage Photography Reviews

1 User photo

Sarah Sage Photography 1

Atul Sundar · Married on 07/04/2019

Magic with Sarah

Without doubts one of the best wedding photographers I have come across. It was always a challenge shooting an Indian wedding with the complexity involved but the flair with which Sarah handled the shoot was just fantastic. We had our wedding and reception on the same day and we as a couple were completely exhausted but Sarah was on her toes ready to capture each and every moment that day. Once we saw our album, I was spellbound the way the pictures were captured and the pictures told a story by themselves. For all you to be married couples out there, if you are planning to capture your special day, there is no one out there better than Sarah.

Sent on 08/14/2019

Devashree Jadhav · Married on 07/04/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!!!

The day we met Sarah we felt the positive energy in her and this made us more confident with our decision. Her talent & passion for photography is truly admirable. Sarah is a true artist and she’ll capture so many memorable moments that you didn’t even notice! The pictures that she took on our pre-wedding shoot, wedding day and reception left us absolutely awestruck!! With ours being an Indian wedding, there were loads of rituals and change in schedule but Sarah patiently helped us with it which I am really thankful to her. Sarah made Atul and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and even guided us when we asked for advice on how to pose or where to look! Sarah is extremely talented, very professional and so down to earth! I find it hard to put into words just how much we love our pictures and how thankful we are for having chosen Sarah to capture our journey! These pictures are simply one of a kind and we will treasure these pictures forever!! I highly recommend Sarah to capture your special day and make it more special and memorable.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Laura

Laura Geben · Married on 06/21/2019

The best decision you will ever make

Planning a wedding? The BEST decision you can possibly make is to hire Sarah Sage as your photographer. From day one, Sarah stood out from the rest. As an out of state bride, it was imperative to me that the photographer be comfortable working remotely. In our initial Skype session, Sarah was professional and prepared with her portfolio and details ready. She sent me the necessary files in advance and brainstormed fun photo ideas given that my husband is 2 feet taller. Sarah was remarkable in allowing us to customize our package to stay within budget without pressuring us to buy options we didn’t want. Amazingly, Sarah drove 14 hours to shoot our engagement session in Nashville. Knowing budget was important, Sarah included all the pictures from the engagement session in our package complementary if we paid a 50% deposit. This was chump change in comparison to how incredible the photos were. I was amazed at her energy even though our wedding was still a year away. Sarah’s passion and willingness to go above and beyond were evident as our engagement session was supposed to be 2 hours, but because of weather, Sarah graciously gave us 5 hours. Furthermore, Sarah had researched idyllic locations in Nashville and was prepared with cold towels, bottled water, and mirrors for cooling off and touching up in the heat. When it came time to plan for the wedding, Sarah was more than a photographer, but a coordinator helping us with our timeline from waking up to going to sleep; a knowledgeable guest offering insight to florists, DJs, bakeries, etc. (as an out of town bride, how do I know which salon is best? Which bakery is yummy?); and most importantly, a friend. I cannot express how much it meant to be able to vent to, rely on, and giggle with Sarah throughout the planning process. When there was a question about centerpieces, Sarah had a solution. When I wanted to have different styles of dress on my wedding day, Sarah was excited. She was patient with my questions via text and flexible with changes, sending an updated timeline whenever there was a change. My stress faded every time I talked with Sarah because she was so on the ball. Again, her patience was evident as I was late in making a list of family formals (so smart of her to have you do that before the wedding – it’s a godsend!) and worked with us to make the list 2 days before the wedding. Sarah came to our rehearsal on her own time and made sure she spoke with the other vendors things would go smoothly. On the morning of my wedding, it became apparent to me how much of a friend Sarah had become and how comfortable I was with her when she walked in the bridal suite and a wave of relief washed over me. Her presence alone calmed my nerves and got me excited. She was nothing short of amazing throughout the day. We paid for 10 hours – she gave us 15. We wanted pictures across Notre Dame’s campus – she trekked with all her equipment. We had a huge bridal party and even bigger family – Sarah was remarkable in dealing with everyone. When I was antsy, she reminded me to breathe. When we were cutting it close on time, Sarah stayed focused. Being photographed by Sarah is like hanging out with an old best friend, the laughs come naturally and the love flows. My husband and I never once felt awkward, staged, or uncomfortable. Sarah kept the mood light – we forgot we were being photographed and had fun with each other. At our reception, Sarah took incredible pictures of everything. 11 days after our wedding, the day after we got back from our honeymoon, we had all our pictures back in an online gallery. THIS IS UNHEARD OF! Every other photographer I talked to said it would take 6 weeks to return the gallery – not with Sarah. Our pictures were so much better than I could have ever dreamed – she captured every moment of our unbridled joy from every angle. Going through our pictures, we felt the excitement and happiness from our wedding day all over again. The pictures were perfect! Though this review is glowing, it stills falls short of expressing how extraordinary Sarah Sage is. If you want a photographer who will go above and beyond, who will respect your budget but give you work worth 100 times more, who will exhaust herself to get your shot, who seeks your input but knows what she’s doing, who you can trust to capture your moment, who you will feel comfortable with, and who will become a wonderful friend in the process – choose Sarah Sage. You will not regret it. Thank you, Sarah, for being the most incredible photographer – and friend – a couple could ask for. We love you.

Sent on 07/04/2019

Sharon Winalski · Married on 06/21/2019

Excellent and dedicated professional

I had the pleasure recently to work with Sarah as mother of the bride. I say pleasure but that’s understatement. I have rarely seen a professional so committed to her profession! Sarah started diligently working on amazing engagement pictures, a job she willingly did in an unfamiliar city. We met with Sarah multiple times before the wedding and her willingness to accommodate my daughter on her wedding day was obvious! She worked every detail; asked every important question; discussed what was important to the bride and groom and got to know who my daughter was so she could give her the pictures she was looking for. And an exemplary job Sarah did!! Sarah was there from early morning to late evening maintaining her high energy throughout the day and delivering beautiful pictures that friends and family are raving about!! Somehow Sarah was there for EVERY important moment and created some stunning ones throughout the day. Her dedication and passion as a photographer are more than obvious. She loves what she’s doing and she loves making her customers happy. This is one very happy customer!! Thanks Sarah! You’re a true gem!!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 06/14/2019

A++++ for Sarah Sage Photography!

Hiring Sarah to photograph our wedding was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process. From the moment we first met her, we immediately clicked. We could tell just in conversation with her that she understood our vision and respected our wishes for our photos. Not only that, she was genuinely interested in getting to know us and become more familiar with the type of couple that we are. As the process went on, she was not only our photographer, she became a friend. Sarah has extensive knowledge of not only the South Bend area wedding community, but also the wedding industry as a whole. She was the first vendor that we hired, so we trusted her to give us recommendations for other vendors, which all worked out perfectly. Our engagement session was fun and made us comfortable with the photography process. She was willing to travel to us in Chicago from the Michiana area which was also a huge plus! She was easy to contact via both email and text, and we were in frequent communication leading up to the wedding. She was incredibly organized, even providing a detailed wedding day timeline that we were able to distribute to our entire wedding party and family. On the wedding day itself, she was a superstar. We had a large, goofy bridal party, and she kept everything moving and we got every picture that we wanted. Not only that, she was dedicated to our day. We paid for a ten hour package, and she was there for thirteen (or maybe even more!), just because she felt like those extra hours would give us the best value and photos. She delivered a blog post with a hundred of our wedding photos before we even left on our honeymoon two days later. We are also provided with not only a flash drive of all of our photos, but also the nicest, highest quality wedding photo album. It is the most unique we’ve ever seen.
    We could not be any happier with Sarah Sage Photography or the photos that we've received. We would recommend Sarah to absolutely anyone!
    - Kat & Dan

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Mandy

Mandy Poynter · Married on 01/12/2019

Amazing, attentive, creative, caring, and kind!

Sarah is very attentive, thorough and wonderful to work with! She brings out everyone’s confidence! She doesn’t know a stranger and loves to have fun! It seems like Sarah never stops taking pictures and as a result you get thousands and I mean literally thousands of amazing shots from posed to candids! During our engagement shoot Sarah climbed into a freezing cold creek that was probably a good 2-3 feet just to get the right shot! Two months later she was climbing through 2-3 feet of snow for the most amazing magical Disney Princess winter wonderland wedding photographs! I can’t get over how gorgeous these snowy pictures turned out! We had a very large bridal party and at times they could get rowdy. Sarah knew exactly how to keep everyone on task and get the photos needed done quickly as to not lose anyone’s attention! She goes above and beyond for her couples. She is always a text or email away. Constantly updating you and making you feel valued and special! Her timeliness is impeccable, our wedding photos were done and given to us in less than two weeks after the wedding! We strongly recommend Sarah for any photos you may need and can’t wait to work with her again! We love you Sarah!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Tricia · Married on 10/27/2018

Sarah is amazing!

Sarah and her team are absolutely amazing! Sarah was very flexible with meetings and listened to our wants and needs. She got every photo we wanted and knew what was important to us. She goes above and beyond for her clients. I'd highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2018

Sarah and I first met at a cafe to discuss the details of my wedding. A 20 minute conversation turned into 3 hours of chatting! She’s extremely professional and personable. Sarah checked in with me the weeks before my wedding to ensure all details were in place. She arrived early to the venue to take pictures of my detail bag. She made sure my husband and I had water breaks while take pictures. Sarah was extremely thorough with where she wanted to place us for each picture. She constantly checked the lighting in her pictures. I received my photo gallery in two weeks. Her standards are high and it truly shows in each picture she took. Sarah is incredibly friendly and easy to get along with. Her staging was excellent and she isn’t afraid to be detail oriented when it comes to getting the perfect picture each time.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Nikki Burgess · Married on 07/14/2018

Our "Special Day" with a very "SPECIAL" individual (Sarah).

We had the best experience with Sarah. She is both professional and down to earth and listens to any ideas or concerns that you may have. Her photo ideas are fantastic! (-: I would 250% recommend Sarah for ANY of your photography needs. She takes the time to stay in touch and comes up with very special gifts that she selfishly gives. Sarah is a very caring, kind hearted, funny and unique person...(((-:

Sent on 01/28/2019

Sarah Sage Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nikki for your beautiful words! You and Jim are such wonderful people! I hope our paths cross again soon! -S

Anya · Married on 06/22/2018

I do not know where to begin with Sarah. If you’re looking for someone to keep you organized, keep your day on track, keep your bridal party and family in order, make sure you’re fed and hydrated and someone to call a friend afterwards - Sarah Sage is the only way to go. She is kind, organized, a great listener (even when it’s not wedding related), creative and very hard working! Her photos truly demonstrate her talents as an innovative photographer.

My mother being a bit of a photographer herself was very particular when helping us choose a photographer for the big day. She finally ran across Sarah and we all fell in love with her work. My fiancé and I were in California until a week before our wedding in northern Indiana. Communication was never an issue whether or not it was through FaceTime, text messages or phone calls - everything was communicated thoroughly. We knew she was perfect for us to help us capture our big day.

Everything from getting ready shots, family portraits, individual and couple shots, as well as the little glances and forgotten moments were all captured beautifully. Without a doubt, Sarah was one of the best choices we made when planning our wedding. Ryan and I truly appreciate her as a person and her professionalism throughout the entire process. She made everything so much easier with knowledge and personal experience with weddings.

We could not of asked for a better artist and friend in the end. Our overall experience with Sarah was amazing. 10/10 would recommend her to anyone needing a photographer for any event.

Much love,
    Ryan and Anya

Sent on 09/20/2018

Valerie · Married on 06/09/2018

I just have to say what an amazing job Sarah did with our wedding photography. Looking at her work took me straight back to the day of our wedding, and it means so much to have that day documented in such detail.
    Working with Sarah was one of the best decisions my husband and I made during all of our wedding decisions. Her work was the best fit in what we were looking for....photos that were naturalistic, well-lit, and personal. I truly felt like Sarah became a friend and we made a great team. She knew the exact right balance between seeking our input and exploring what felt right for us as a couple as well as offering creative ideas and insight. I feel like the photography package was fairly priced and the value is very competitive for gorgeous photos. Weddings can have stressful moments, and it was such a relief to have a photographer that was always well-organized and consistently supportive.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Kayla · Married on 09/30/2017

If I could score higher than 5/5 I would most definitely do that!! Sarah was the absolute best photographer we could have ever dreamed and hoped for! She was absolutely in-tune to our wants and needs and did everything she could to make our day flow as well as capturing all of our special moments! She was detail-oriented, organized, and super helpful and kind. She is a blast to work with and makes you feel very comfortable. Her photos express our story line and we can easily re-live by looking over her beautiful work. One of the best decisions of our wedding day was to choose Sarah as our photographer. She will work with you to truly make your special day become a dream come true through the entire process! Her skills are undoubtedly the best. Thank you so much for being our photographer. Will definitely continue to recommend and come back for any photograph needs! <3

Sent on 01/21/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/11/2017

My overall experience with Sarah Sage Photography was amazing! She captured all the memories of our big day and at a great value! Sarah was very professional and the turn around time to get our photos was much shorter than my friends who were married around the same time. The quality of her pictures is top notch, I get so many compliments on them. I'd definitly recommend Sarah Sage Photography for your event!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Kirsten · Married on 05/20/2017

Highly Recommend

I highly recommend Sarah Sage Photography. Our Wedding day was made even more perfect by having Sarah as our photographer. Sarah is very thorough and responsive to emails, calls or texts. We never had to wait long to get a response from her which was highly appreciated! Even though she had many other clients at the time, I always felt like a priority to her. She will do whatever it takes to get the perfect shot, even if it means she has to lay on the gravel with her camera! We are very happy with the final results of both our Engagement shoot and our wedding day. The albums that Sarah can help you create are the highest quality wedding albums I have ever seen in life! They are incredible! If you are looking for a photographer who is professional, creative and really hard working, look no further than Sarah Sage.

Sent on 01/17/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

Other than marrying the love of my life, Sarah was one of the best things about my wedding day! She met with us before the big day to make sure we were comfortable with everything and so she could get an idea of what we wanted from her. Sarah captured our wedding better than I could have ever dreamed. Reliving the love, happiness, and laughter through her photos is absolutely priceless to me. Her products are top grade and timeless. You will not be disappointed! I cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Reid · Married on 09/10/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Sarah. She took our engagement photos as well as the photos for our wedding, and we couldn't have asked for a better photographer! When we were looking at different photographers, we were worried that every picture would look very posed, but Sarah was so great at capturing those special candid moments. We had an Indian wedding, and ours was her first; she put in the extra effort to sit down and learn about all of the different events and ceremonies so that she could capture everything as well as possible. We were living across the country at the time, and she even scoped out the wedding venue for the best photo spots! She is very organized and also very adaptable. When schedules shifted around on our wedding day, she made sure we still able to get all the pictures we wanted while keeping everything on-schedule. Sarah's photos are timeless and fantastic, and the albums she put together for us are incredibly well done. She captured everything we could have wanted from the wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Nongkhan & Rocky · Married on 06/25/2016

Sarah is simply AMAZING.

Leading up to our wedding communication was efficient and prompt. This may seem insignificant but working with multiple wedding vendors was a challenge, but Sarah was extremely helpful in her quick responses to questions and was a wealth of information in planning our wedding.

Sarah has the ability to connect with everyone she meets. Her friendly disposition, infectious energy, and undeniable sense of fun allowed us to feel completely relaxed in being our true selves in front of the lens.

What can we say, our wedding day was perfect. OK maybe a little hectic and unorganized but thanks to Sarah—everything was perfect. Sarah showed up with this amazing energy, was confident, and a welcome relief from the hustle & bustle of the day itself.

Our entire wedding party just LOVED her. We all couldn’t get enough of her.

It was that day we realized Sarah was more than a photographer. She was a friend, and we were so incredibly blessed by her presence, and I know many of our guests felt the same way.

When it came to our wedding photos, we were BLOWN AWAY. She’s like a MAGICIAN! Our pictures were absolutely stunning, but not only that—she was able to tell our love story that left us both in tears.

Sarah is a complete professional and her passion for photography and artistry is unparalleled to her peers.

We had about 6 or 7 wedding vendors we worked with and hands down, Sarah is the one who stands out as providing the best service and giving us the best experience.

If you are getting married and can’t decide on a photographer—choose Sarah. You will be SO happy you did.

You have given us memories that we will treasure forever.

From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU again!

-Nongkhan & Rocky

Sent on 10/02/2018

Deliwe · Married on 06/18/2016

I could go on and on about how wonderful Sarah was but in a nutshell this is what our experience was with her . From the very first day we met her we were drawn to her professionalism and passion for photography . We loved her style of narrating a love story through pictures . Sarah gets to know her clients to know how best to cater to the needs and wants . Not only was she attentive but she also gave the best ideas and insight .
    Sarah was never late for any of the many meetings we had prior to our wedding mind you she had to drive from Indiana to Chicago . Sarah has a special way of making you feel very comfortable behind the lens . Not once did we feel self conscious during the many shots we took . She did our pre wedding shot and designed our save the dates, we loved that she was a one stop shop too cause the last thing we wanted was to deal with so many vendors .
    After the wedding she went on and made our wedding photo album and this just confirmed what we already knew , we had made the best decision in hiring her . The quality and creativity was undeniable . We have gotten many complements on the album.
    I would not hesitate to hire Sarah again in the future . She is every brides Dream

Sent on 09/17/2018

Erin · Married on 01/30/2016

If you want a photographer who is a great listener, patient, kind, creative, and hard working, you should without a doubt give Sarah Sage Photography a call!

During our initial meetings with her, we described the type of photography we wanted - some posed shots but more in-the-moment, photojournalistic style to capture the day as it unfolded. Wow, did she deliver! Some "ordinary" moments turned into absolute works of art and were simply stunning the way she captured them! At our reception we would have never even known she was there working so hard - she felt very behind the scenes yet when the photos came back, it was as if she was right in the thick of it the whole time.

We didn't find out until much later in the day that Sarah had actually injured her ankle earlier in the week. We noticed her limping around in the morning and asked if everything was okay or if we could do anything to help but she brushed it off and said we didn't need to worry about anything. We have no idea what kind of pain she was in that day but she fulfilled her commitments to us without any complaints - a TRUE professional in every sense of the word.

We were married on January 30 and had hoped for a winter wonderland. Instead, it was 40 degrees, sunny, beautiful, and not a snow flake in sight - or any left on the ground even! Two weeks later on Valentine's Day weekend, South Bend received 6+ inches of snowfall. We got all dressed up again and Sarah met the two of us for a separate portrait session - free of charge!

Our experience with Sarah was exceptional and we would recommend her to anyone who wants a professional and talented photographer to capture their memories on their special day. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Sarah! Love, George & Erin

Sent on 09/20/2018