Santoni's Marketplace and Catering Reviews

Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 3
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 4
Santoni's Marketplace and Catering 5

Andrea · Married on 06/16/2012

Santoni's provided an AMAZING spread for our outdoor, summer, nature center wedding. They were able to provide a custom menu to meet the needs of us and our wide variety of guests, including vegetarians and carnivores alike! They make some of the best fresh pit beef and turkey on site to match our wedding's Maryland theme. Also included in the buffet was homemade hummus, roasted veggies, and potato and pasta salad. A real treat was a cold strawberry soup served before dinner with a salad course. In addition to amazing food, Santoni's was able to help with setting up simple but beautiful table settings (they made biodegradable look classy!) and coordinate with the other vendors to make sure the event went smoothly and on schedule.

The icing on the cake was the EXCELLENT service our guests received and Cherie took great care of us, the bride and groom! We would recommend Santoni's for any wedding, party, or event!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Susan · event on: 06/16/2012

When planning our son's Bar Mitzvah, we met with many caterers. Some a few times but did not feel satisfied. It was getting close to our date and I was still not comfortable so we made a call to Santoni's. We were put in touch with Jodi Davis who was very responsive and understanding. She met with us right away and came up with a menu to fit our needs. She not only listened to us but made our son feel important. She was always available to answer any questions we had and worked very hard to make sure our Bar Mitzvah party was successful. The food was outstanding and her staff did a great job.

Sent on 12/15/2012
  • Tabitha

Tabitha · Married on 06/15/2012

Joette and Santonis Catering were amazing and I have heard countless compliments on the food and service. My Husband and I were referred my several people to consider Santoni's for our cater, when I saw them on the preferred catering list for our venue I knew it was meant to be! I spoke to Joette with a menu in mind and a vision of the event and we scheduled a tasting. The meal was incredible, we had such a difficult time deciding between the entrees but we signed the contract that day. For the cocktail hour we had cheese & crackers with dips, vegetables, and fruit which was a generous amount, and the bartenders kept the lines down and the drinks cold. We only did a 45 minute cocktail hour and wanted to get right into dinner which was Grilled Salmon, Roasted Flank Steak, Mixed vegetables, and rosemary mashed potatoes, with salad and rolls. Everything was delicious and almost every guest we spoke to said how impressed they were. The staff was very professional and were constantly clearing on checking on the guests.
    Our Wedding day was beyond perfect and we are so appreciative of Joette and Santoni's waitstaff, bartenders, chefs and bakery. I would recommend this cater to any bride looking for high quality but with a very reasonable price and the best service.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Carissa · Married on 06/09/2012

Cherie Hughes recently worked with us to cater our wedding for 160 guests. She was incredibly helpful, and worked very hard to carry out our vision with a large guest list and several food options on our buffet, going the extra mile to make sure vegetarian options were well labeled (important for many of our guests!). Additionally, she did an incredible job coordinating with our DJ, Photographers, and other vendors, so we never had to worry about what was going on behind the scenes. Overall, we were very pleased!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Donna · Married on 06/08/2012

Santoni's catered my son's Wedding Rehearsal Dinner for us. They also catered the Wedding Reception which was lovely but I will let my new daughter-in-law write her own review for that. Cherie Hughes was phenomenal! From our initial meeting with her to the end of our event, she provided very helpful suggestions and found ways to save us money. Even with very little notice, Cherie went along with our idea of a Hawaiian theme and showed up in a tropical shirt and added to our tropical directions. The food was good and they were very accommodating in every way. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/21/2012

andi · Married on 06/02/2012

We can't say enough good things about Santoni's! We wanted a southern menu, and they knocked it out of the park! The food that they made for our wedding day was even better than that which we had on our honeymoon (in the "actual south!"). They also provided over 300 donuts for our "donut tower" (instead of a cake!) and they were amazing. Jodi was so attentive to us and to our families, the hall looked beautiful, and there was even delicious leftovers. We're so grateful to Jodi and to Santoni's for their amazing service-- and for a great price, too!!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Maxine · event on: 05/12/2012

I worked closely with Jodi in the catering department and she really helped me to meet my goals both around the vibe of the party and my budget. Jodi made several suggestions , keeping in mind what she knew about Santoni's products and specials. My guests were really impressed with the food on their picnic menu. I couldn't have been happier with Santonis and a partner in my mitzvah and I will definitely use them again

Sent on 12/11/2012

Erika · event on: 05/05/2012

Jodi was a pleasure to deal with and was so helpful with my sons Bar Mitzvah. The food was delicious and Jodi was great with helping me with the menu. I recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 03/17/2013

Blythe · Married on 04/29/2012

After meeting with Sherry and going over all the details and what we wanted and do did not want and liked and did not like we knew when we were finished our worries were over Santonis's more than proved us right we could not have asked for a more perfect professional experience they thought and provided everything we wanted and more. The food was out of this world the wedding cake was exactly what we wanted the staff was outstanding. Sherry was amazing she made us feel she was part of thee family and made our daughters wedding the fairytail she always dreamed of. We have no regrets what so ever if you looking for a worry free professional event you will no regrets choosing Santoni's. I can promise you you will have amazing memories.

Sent on 11/02/2012
  • W

Andrew · Married on 04/28/2012

Jodi Davis was our representative with Santoni's and she was an excellent resource. Her flexibilty and recommendations were extremely helpful and provided us with much confidence as our wedding and reception came to fruition. The staff that were brought on board at our reception site were very professional and accommodating, both courteous and responsive. We had many positive and enthusiastic comments from our guests regarding the quality and presentation of the food and service. We would definitely look to Santoni's first for any future catered event that we would hold! Great scores all around!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/12/2011

Wedding Cake (fed 140 people) : I wish I could give more than 5 stars! I could not say enough great things about Santoni's! Santoni's was my favorite vendor to work with - Working with Cherie was such a great and fun experience, and I was confident my wedding cake would turn out perfectly. When we were first looking for wedding cake vendors, living in VA, Cherie offerred to meet us halfway with samples - above and beyond! My (now) husband and I were never fans of "wedding cake", but Santoni's cake was delicous! - They didnt use fondant like traditional wedding cake places do, making our cake fresh and tasty. Of all of the compliments we got about our reception, we got the most about how good our wedding cake was - I think people were shocked that a wedding cake could be so good! Another great thing about Santoni's was their rates. Because wedding cakes isnt the ONLY thing they do, they were able to offer us a rate much less than other vendors we explored. The day of the wedding, the cake was delivered on time and looked exactly (much better even) than I envisioned it, it was beautiful! I would absolutely use Santoni's again, whether for a cake or a catering event, and I would absolutely recommend them to a friend.

Sent on 12/09/2011

Judy · event on: 09/24/2011

Jodi Davis is the most awesome person to work with. She listened to all of our ideas and is the most kind and patient person I have ever met. She made the entire process of planning a bat mitzvah fun. On the day of the event she and the staff were friendly and professional. They made every guest feel welcome and special. The food was delicious and plentiful. Every guest raved about the food. Jodi and her staff did an excellent job cleaning after the event. I would highly recommend Jodi and her staff at Santoni's to anyone who is having any kind of party or event.

Sent on 01/27/2013

S · event on: 07/09/2011

The Santoni's team could not have been better. They were very accommodating with various food allergies and developed a new recipe just for our event. They were timely, thorough, and professional. One of their servers went out of their way to notify us of one our guests they saw were stranded on the side of the road with car problems. The cake was magnificent and food delicious. All for a very reasonable price.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Susan · Married on 06/25/2011

So this review is long overdue! My wife and I got married June 25th, 2011 on a farm in Glen Arm, Maryland. The farm had never hosted an event before let alone a wedding. There were many challenges to say the least. The farm had no electricity, no running water, and no amenities. Santoni's and their team of people tackled these challenges like true professionals. The food was excellent, the service was superb, and the day was absolutely perfect. My wife and I truly believe that no other caterers could have could have pulled off the impossible like Santoni's. Jodi, our event coordinator and Sam, our Chef were an absolute dream to work with! We would recommend Santoni's to anyone for any event and will definitely be using them again in the future!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Susanne · event on: 10/16/2010

Jodi is amazing. Thanks for such beautiful memories! Sooz

Sent on 12/11/2012

Nicole · Married on 01/09/2010

Santoni's and Cherie Hughes were absolutely wonderful!!! Everything from how delicious the food was, to the attention to detail in helping with all things big and little were phenominal!! We have used Santoni's for two weddings so far and are planning on using them for our future weddings!! Our guests raved as well. I could not say enough positive things or recommend Santoni's highly enough!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Jacquie · Married on 11/03/2018

Santoni's helped make my daughters wedding as wonderful as she wanted it to be. It was great working with Cherie who was very flexible and had some great ideas. I wanted to do a lot of thing myself and she was very helpful. The passed hors devours were fantastic and the food on the Buffett was cooked to perfection. The servers were efficient and took care of whatever was needed.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Chatea · Married on 09/01/2018

Santoni's did such an incredible job catering our wedding. They partnered with Dreamers Event Rentals and truly transformed our backyard into a beautiful reception. Initially I wanted to use Santoni's because they have great food and are known for their catering. I had no idea they would be such a great wedding caterer. Throughout the process Cherie helped answer every single question I had, I had a lot. She assured me how the day would go and had a detailed outline of the reception. She was able to make last many changes where needed and really stayed on top of everything including having multiple meetings throughout our time spent wedding planning. Cherie and the rest of the Santoni's staff made our wedding reception a night to remember. Thank you again for all of your work!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Kyle · Married on 05/12/2017

All services were great from food to staff to preperations and execution. The planner was there with assistance and guidance through the entire wedding process. The wedding was truly magical and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Guy · event on: 08/30/2014

We do events with Santoni's ona regular basis and this event was no different. We had a surprise birthday party with about 50 people and the party went perfectly. Our waiter was amazing and the food was great! We even got Santoni's the final menu just a few days before the event and they still were able to deliver on everything without a problem.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Santonis was incredible to work with. The food was amazing. The help was professional. Do not hesitate to use them for any event. Our wedding was perfect.

Sent on 03/12/2014

Santoni's was great to work with! They are very cooperative with your ideas and plans. The food was delicious and everything ran very smoothly. We were able to have a great time and enjoy our wedding without any worries.

Sent on 10/11/2013

Patricia · Married on 04/13/2013

From the word GO! we contacted Santonis and Jodi was the sales rep. We felt very comfortable with her and she made you feel like you knew her for years. We truly felt like we were working with a good friend. She helped you decide the "what and wheres" truly a professional job was done, down to the last placement of the fork!
    The food was everything we wanted and the presentation was beautiful! It all tasted so fresh and wholesome. Just stop looking around and use Santonis you will never regret it and they save you allot of work and headaches.

Sent on 04/18/2013

Sherri · event on: 10/22/2011

Santoni's catered my son's Bar Mitzvah. Jodi was a pleasure to work with and the evening met all of our expectations. We chose a pit beef/barbecue menu and it was delicious and fairly priced. They were there early for set up and when we left, the venue looked like it did when we entered. My guests had a great time and raved about the food. We were so pleased that we are using them again next month for another catered occasion and didn't even inquire about other caterers.

Sent on 12/22/2012

Becky · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely incredible!

Cherie and her team made our wedding day perfect. Not only did they serve incredible food and had amazing serving staff, but they went above and beyond with set up, coordinating, and clean up. I recommend them to everyone. Thank you Cherie!!!

Sent on 09/10/2019