Sandos Finisterra Reviews

192 | Cabo San Lucas, MX

192 Reviews for Sandos Finisterra

Allison S. · Getting married on 07/01/2022

Incredible wedding at Incredible resort

From the location to the staff to the beautiful city of Cabo San Lucas our entire experience could not have been better. Thank you to ALL the wedding staff and Sandos Finisterra for an incredible wedding and week.

Sent on 02/04/2020

Bianca S. · Married on 11/15/2020

Incredible!!!

Where do I begin?! Well first off I need to thank the amazing wedding team! Lupita, her assistant, DJ Goku, Leydi ( the chef), the spa/ makeup team Aidee, Alba, Elizabeth and Grecia. I’m sorry if I missed anyone but know that they are all amazing! Find my other post on trip advisor on the restaurant and front desk staff— they were so amazing and I want to give them a special shout out.

We had the pleasure of going to the resort a couple of months prior to the wedding to meet the team and I highly recommend doing that if you can. It made everything extremely smooth on the wedding day! Ultimately, I highly recommend having your wedding at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, the staff is so accommodating, the resort is incredible with a beautiful spa/tennis court/ pools/amenities and the food is very good.

We had a beautiful ceremony at the plaza Finisterra and our reception was at the mountain roof top ( I highly recommend this). My guests really enjoyed their time there and have already decided to return for our anniversaries to come. Thank you Sandos Finisterra Team!!!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Tiffani K. · Married on 11/07/2020

Lupita and Romi are AMAZING!!!

We had our wedding at Sandos Finisterra Resort Los Cabos in November 2020 and worked with Lupita and Romi as our wedding coordinators. Lupita and Romi made the entire wedding process run smoothly from the initial planning to the event day. Lupita was extremely responsive to all e-mails and questions, which made us feel worry-free while planning the entire wedding abroad. When we arrived at the resort and met with Lupita and Romi, they were willing and able to make a last minute change in reception venue from the beach to their gorgeous terrace atop of a mountain, overlooking the marina in downtown Cabo San Lucas! We could not have been happier with the location of our wedding and the team we were fortunate enough to work with that made our dream day better than we could have ever imagined! We would 110% recommend this resort, Lupita, and Romi to anyone wanting to do a destination wedding (especially one on the beach!)

Sent on 11/15/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor C. · Married on 10/02/2020

My Oct 2, 2020 wedding!

I couldnt be happier with the way my wedding at Sandos Finisterra turned out. They know how to do a wedding that is for sure! Not one bit of stress or worry was put on me. Everything went flawlessly just how we planned and discussed. They even added extra things i didnt pay for without me knowing which was extremely generous of them. They make me feel like my wedding was the most important thing to them, meanwhile they had 3 others happening the same week. Lupita and her team are amazing and i couldnt thank them enough! My day was perfect !

Sent on 10/06/2020

Sydney P. · Married on 09/26/2020

Sandos Finisterra wedding

Our wedding was nothing short of perfect. Lupita and her team are a dream. They are professional and responsive, and they do everything in their power to make sure you have everything you want.

Sent on 09/27/2020

Ryan A. · Married on 08/06/2020

Most amazing wedding ever!

Our wedding was nothing short of amazing! We knew we chose the right resort the second we walked in. We were greeted like family from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Our wedding planner Lupita was the best, hands down. She is extremely detailed and very diligent on ensuring that our wedding went exactly how we planned it. I cannot say how appreciate we are for the entire staff at the resort. Our wedding was a dream come true. Oh and p.s. if you are considering this resort for your wedding, you have to get the fire dancer show added on, it will blow your mind. Thank you to everyone at the resort who made this the most amazing day (and week) of our life.

Sent on 08/15/2020

Lisa M. · Married on 07/19/2020

Eeverythign we could have hoped for and more!

My husband and I got married in July of 2020 at Sandos Finisterra. I knew planning a wedding was going to be stressful, even with it being a destination wedding, but I was not prepared for what we would be facing with a global pandemic. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the Sandos team was to work with even during these difficult times. It was our dream wedding! We choose Sandos Finisterra sight unseen and were extremely nervous, but it did not disappoint! Lupita and her team are incredible. She made sure that all our questions and concerns were answered and taken care of. The resort was in pristine condition and all the staff is so welcoming. We have traveled to a lot of places and the Sandos staff has every other hotel we have ever been to beat. They go above and beyond for their guests from the time you get there to the time you leave. If you want a resort that has great food, awesome staff, EXCEPTIONAL views this is your place. It is also is the best location. Walking distance from everything downtown in case your guests like to venture out for shopping or excursions. One of my favorite things about Sandos is how beautiful the property is. I love how it is set into the cliffs and the combination of a tropical and dessert paradise makes for great pictures.

We decided on a 5pm ceremony at the beach followed by a reception on the mountain top terrace. Reverend Juan preformed our ceremony and he was an absolute delight to work with. Do yourself a favor and make sure you upgrade to the terrace, it is BREATHTAKING. The views at night overlooking the marina and ocean will bring you to tears. It is also perfect for the hot Cabo weather. I can honestly say that even in the middle of July we danced the night away and I wasn't even hot! The breeze that blows through the terrace will keep you and your guest feeling so comfortable. The pictures your photographer can capture on the terrace overlooking all of Cabo will also make the upgrade worth it!

After the ceremony during the cocktail hour we had the 3-person Mariachi band preform for our guests while we took photos. They were wonderful, our guests really enjoyed the extra entertainment. Our wedding menu was incredible, everyone raved about how awesome the filets were cooked and they especially loved the coconut-pineapple Caribbean cake. The DJ was great, he kept everyone dancing and played a great combination of all genres of music.

Grecia, the service coordinator at the spa did a great job scheduling all our hair and makeup appointments to fit our needs. My hairstylist was Elizabeth and my makeup artist was Alba. They were all incredible! I was worried, especially after being in the sun for 2 days prior but they definitely know what they are doing. I even had a tattoo on my back I decided to cover at the last minute. Aidee, the spa manager helped to make sure it was covered to my satisfaction.

Recommendations:
    Something to keep in mind for your guests, the rooms at Sandos are very different depending on your room choice. If there was one thing I felt was not as described by the Sandos website, this would be it. If you have guests that are very picky on their room and want all the bells and whistles with the upgraded décor and amenities make sure you recommend that they upgrade to a Casitas or a Suite. Most of our guest stuck with the basic Junior Suite Ocean View room which has an incredible view, but these rooms do seem to be a little more outdated than the website portrays.

If you are able, get there at least a day or two before your guests arrive. We didn't have this luxury and we wished we had. We arrived on a Friday with all our guests and our wedding was on Sunday. We wanted to do the menu tasting and meet with Reverend Juan before the ceremony, but this did take a lot of our Saturday away. It also would have also been nice to get familiar with the resort before everyone arrived.

Upgrade your flowers! We upgraded on simple things like the bridal bouget and the flowers for the chuppah during the ceremony. It is worth it.

We used Daniela Ortiz as our photographer and Beatriz Hernandez with Hart Cinema for our videographer. I am so happy we did! Their work is beyond amazing.

My only regret is that I went through a 3rd party to book everything. We worked with Apple Leisure Group (Funjet Travel). DO NOT DO IT. It was the worst experience ever. If Lupita and her team at Sandos hadn’t been so amazing I don’t think we would have made it. If I had it to do over again, I would have worked with Sandos directly to book our room block etc. That’s basically what we ended up doing anyway because Apple Leisure group was worthless.

Day of everything ran so smoothly, I didn't have to worry about anything. Lupita and her team are on top of everything! She makes sure everyone is where they need to be at the right time so you can just enjoy your day. It was perfect; we have zero complaints.

Sent on 09/01/2020

Marlene R. · Married on 07/05/2020

Wedding at Sandos

The whole process was made very easy thanks to our coordinator at Fun Jets and the hotel coordinator Lupita. Lupita replied to emails fast, she was friendly, and was able to accommodate all of our request. The day of the ceremony everything was taken care of by Lupita and the crew which made our stress level very low.

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel A. · Married on 05/08/2020

Exceeding Every Expectation

Sandos Finisterra exceeded all of our expectations. When looking at venues we wanted a destination and a rooftop terrace. The pictures truly do not give it justice. Typically weddings are either on the middle rooftop terrace or the beach for the ceremony and then the top rooftop for the reception. We requested to do our entire day at the top rooftop. I would definitely suggest this, it provided much more privacy for our day and the view never gets old.
    The reverend, Reverend Juan, was amazing! He helped myself and my fiancé focus in on the moment and made all of our guests during the ceremony feel genuinely connected to our story to help set the tone for our day.
    I decided to go with an outside vendor for pictures (Cecilia Marruiz); she was so kind and flexible, not to mention captured every moment of our day perfectly! I would highly recommend her if you are seeking someone outside of the resort.
    We decided to go through a 3rd party when booking everything but I would highly suggest to go straight through the venue. The wedding coordinator, Lupita, and honestly everyone at this resort is very responsive, helpful and organized. We ended up having a 35 person wedding; the venue can accommodate 100 max. I was nervous that small of a group would not be the same as a larger wedding but I honestly couldn’t have imagined anymore than 50, the group size was perfect and still a blast!
    If you are looking for a destination look no further- this venue is a dream come true!

Sent on 11/14/2020

Patrick F. · Married on 03/07/2020

Amazing and Beautiful

Staff was very professional and planned a perfect wedding for us. Highly recommend using Sandos Finesterra for your wedding or vacation.

Sent on 03/09/2020

Danika R. · Married on 02/19/2020

Best venue and location

We couldn’t have chosen a better place to get married. Lupita and Romi were our wedding planners and were the absolute best. For anyone who is looking to get married in Cabo, Sandos Finisterra Resort did not disappoint! Our guests are still raving about their one week of vacation and the beautiful details on our wedding day.
    Danika and Elijah 2020

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Hailey

Hailey G. · Married on 01/18/2020

Beyond Breathtaking!

Lupita was thorough and detailed and gave me the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 01/29/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda C. · Married on 01/17/2020

Best week ever!

Our wedding was Saturday, February 8th and it was seriously AMAZING!!! Above and beyond amazing! Lupita, and ALL of the staff were seriously so on top of it and made everything go so smoothly. The ladies who did our hair and make up did amazing, the food, the drinks. The flowers were gorgeous!!!! Everything was everything I dreamed of and more. If you are considering having your wedding here, DO IT. BEST decision I’ve ever made. I will be sure to post more pictures here soon. But let me know if anyone has any questions!!!!

Sent on 03/06/2020

Cheyenne M. · Married on 01/11/2020

Destination Wedding

I truly had the best experience with Cabo Sandos weddings. Lupita took care of everything from the minute we got to the resort. Everything had been planned ahead of time and at our meeting she had every little detail planned. Everything was set up exactly how I had imagined it to be.

Sent on 01/16/2020

Ashley M. · Married on 12/03/2019

Just perfect!

We loved everything about our wedding! The rooftop terrace was a beautiful venue - all of our guests couldn't stop talking about the view! Lupita and team seemed to know exactly what I pictured and made the whole process stress free. We were also treated well at the resort with all of the perks and upgrades for the bride and groom. We would definitely recommend this resort for weddings! And we plan to return for a vacation again in the future! Thank you!! 😊😊

Sent on 12/11/2019

Lindsay F. · Married on 11/20/2019

Friio wedding

My husband and I just got married at sandos finisterra Los cabo. Lupita was our wedding planner. She went above and beyond to make our day spectacular and she succeeded to the highest degree, she is very talented and very sweet. Our day was so beautiful and magical. It was everything I dreamed of. I didn’t have to worry about a thing. All the staff were AMAZING!! Romi who is Lupita assistant was so sweet and accommodating in every way. We just loved everything. Thank you so much for all the hard work you did for us. We will cherish our special day forever. Lots of love,

Lindsay and Richard Friio❤️

Sent on 12/09/2019

Raina B. · Married on 11/13/2019

Beach Wedding of our Dreams

Lupita was so responsive and accommodating helping us create the wedding of our dreams. The day of the wedding and days leading up were stress free and they took care of every detail. I was so impressed with their ability to nail the exact flower composition I requested. Value for the money was excellent, I would recommend them to anyone wanting to do a destination wedding.

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Kylie

Kylie H. · Married on 11/08/2019

Literally the best week/day of my life

Photo Credit: Sierra Ashleigh Photography
    If you have any questions for me about my experience feel free to DM me on instagram. @kylieerinhart :)

I really don't know where to begin with Sandos Finisterra and my wedding experience. It’s been a month and a half since I got married on 11/8/19 and I am still on a post-wedding high and amazed by all the Lupita, Romy and the whole team did for us. It was everything we could have wanted and more.
    The resort itself is just beautiful and makes for amazing photos with its natural beauty and views on the side of the cliff. It also was a really great balance between party/rage and chill/relaxed so it was perfect for our group that consists of everyone from my grandmother to my husband's frat bros. The swim-up bar was lively with music while other pools were relaxing and chill.

Looking at venues/resorts can be a bit overwhelming and we weren't able to make a trip down to visit beforehand. We booked Sandos without ever having been there and were were not disappointed. It was important to me to keep the budgets of our guests in mind while also not sacrificing beauty and services for my wedding. Sandos definitely provided in every way and the room price was very reasonable for our guests.

As for the wedding... It was truly amazing. The mountainside terrace is second to none (within that price range) in Cabo. It is definitely worth the upgrade. The food was yummy. The DJ really listened to what we were into and we felt like he delivered.
    Lupita and Romy (wedding coordinators) are a well-oiled machine (seriously though they do this all day, every day and they have it down to a science). And on top of that they were the nicest people to work with. So accommodating and kind and also kept things moving on the agenda very well. So much so that at one point I told her I needed a break an she smiled and said "of course" and gave us some time to relax a minute before moving to the next thing. I really appreciated how punctual she was. Without her keeping things moving, nothing would have gone to plan haha.
    Also.. THE FLORALS!!! OMG my flowers were beutiful. I loved what they provided and I loved my upgraded bouquet as well as the bouquets of my bridesmaids. Very impressed!!!

Things I wish could have been different.
    1. photo/video vendor. We were not impressed by the quality of the photo/video vendors provided. They seemed cheesy and not our style. It was disappointing that to hire outside vendors we had to pay a $500 outside vendor fee. We did this for our videographer team but the fee for our photographer was waived since she was staying at the resort for 3 nights.
    2. Hair and Makeup. I actually had a pretty good experience in hair and makeup and so did my bridesmaids. I wish we could have had it in our room rather than the spa so we could all get ready together rather than be split for appointments. Additionally, the person doing my hair did NOT know how to do clip in extensions. I loved my makeup but as I watched her do my hair I panicked and ended up running out and doing it myself and I really liked how it turned out. In their defense, they were super responsive and called my room to ask if they could send someone down to help me finish my hair and I really appreciated their customer service in that aspect. It all ended up fine.
    3. TIME. The wedding package timeline is quite short and after dinner we ended up cutting the bouquet and garter tosses because we only had an hour left for dancing. In order to add an hour its $50/person/hour which to me seems insane considering its an all-inclusive resort. I had 70 people so another hour would have cost me $3,500. We ended up having a break between when the reception ended and when The Stones Club opened. Everyone went to their rooms and changed and kept the party going so it worked out just fine but would have rather had some extra time.

Our timeline went as follows:
    4:00 ceremony
    4:30 cocktail hour
    5:30 reception
    8:30 finished
    10:00 Stones Club

One thing we didn't get that we thought was included was the turn-down service the night of the wedding. We didn’t' really care though because we were so exhausted we just went right to bed lol.

SANDOS... I LOVE YOU! Thank you for making my wedding week the best day of my life

Sent on 12/17/2019

Jessi · Married on 10/12/2019

The BEST experience

I have visited Cabo many times and when my husband and I started searching for a venue, we were extremely overwhelmed. A friend suggested that we look at Sandos Finisterra because of the prime location, affordability, and beauty. We took a leap of faith and planned everything at Sandos Finisterra without ever having stepped foot on the property. This is very unlike us, and all I can is WOW.

From the moment we got there I felt completely at home and felt like Lupita and her team were ALWAYS available. They made the process incredibly easy and all of our friends were more than impressed. I would get married all over again at this location :)

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Angie

Angie A. · Married on 10/11/2019

Best day ever!

We had such a beautiful wedding at Sandos. The wedding team was super responsive to emails, and very understanding of any changes i wanted to make. When we got down there I had a suitcase of some added decorations and the team took care of everything and it was decorated and set up to perfection!! The suitcase was then returned to our room immediately after the wedding ended. The rooftop terrace is absolutely breathtaking and I'm just so in awe thinking back on that day!! Our guests all loved the resort as well! I highly recommend Sandos! Thank you to Sandos, Lupita and Romi for making my wedding exactly like I always envisioned (but better!!)

Sent on 11/20/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing time

We had the best time! We came here for our wedding and we’re more than Impressed. Every employee greeted you from the time you walked in, walked by them in the hall, walked to your room or the pool, you were always greeted with a smile and a “hola.” When we got there, checking in was smooth and we were upgraded without knowing. We had a beautiful view of the marina off in a secluded Area from the rest of our party, which was VERY NICE. We worked with Lupita for our wedding and she did everything for us! We couldn’t have asked for a better coordinator from emails from day one on planning to in person at the resort. Same for the DJ and the photographer . The best experience. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding week, no stress and really no responsibilities but to make sure you showed up and they took care of the rest. I have recommended you since I have been home and I will continue to recommend anyone thinking of making a destination wedding or just wanting to visit Cabo. We thank you for making our experience memorable and amazing!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Tara · Married on 07/26/2019

Great wedding experience!

Our wedding was amazing. Every detail was perfect. Lupita and the vendors were so helpful and friendly. The entire process was seamless. I highly recommend this hotel for your wedding. Our ceremony was on the beach and reception on the mountain top terrace.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Lenette B. · Married on 07/07/2019

Great Experience!

We had an amazing time, and our wedding planner, Lupita, was very organized and professional. We also loved our officiate, Reverend Juan! They made things smooth, fun, and put my fiance and I at ease :)

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Jessi

Jessi E. · Married on 06/21/2019

More than what I dreamed of!

My wedding at Sandos Finisterra was more than I could have dreamed of! Lupita (wedding coordinator) went the extra mile to communicate and make sure every detail was perfect. My (now) husband and I arrived a few days prior and were able to meet with Lupita and the DJ to go over every detail. Lupita was accommodating and gave wonderful advice and suggestions throughout the meeting. Franco (DJ) was friendly and helpful with choosing music styles for our reception. We are very pleased with our whole experience at Sandos and our guests raved about our wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Jessie P. · Married on 06/10/2019

The most beautiful venue

Every aspect of our wedding from start to finish was perfect! 10 out of 10 would recommend Sandos Finisterra! Our guests are still talking about how perfect it was. The rooftop terrace is worth it!!

Sent on 06/17/2019