Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort Reviews

29 | Cancun, MX

29 Reviews for Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort

29 Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort Reviews

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I got married at Sandos Cancun on September 1st, 2018. Prior to our wedding, we visited the resort in August 2017, we fell in love and decided we would get married here the following year. Both of our visits and our wedding were absolutely amazing and perfect. The staff at Sandos Cancun is extremely attentive and courteous. Our wedding coordinator Valeria and her whole team went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was exactly what we had envisioned and dreamed of. Valeria was very attentive to detail, easy to communicate with, prompt to respond to emails/requests, and extremely caring and sweet, she was the best wedding coordinator ever! I can truly say she loves and enjoys what she does.
    During our week stay at Sandos Cancun (the week of our wedding), we truly received the royal treatment. Each day we would receive surprises/treats in our room, the day of our wedding we had food and champagne delivered to our room while getting ready, the night of the wedding we came to our room to find a "just married" sign across our door as well as chocolate covered strawberries with champagne and rose petals all over the bed and room floor, it was a magical night to say the least. The following morning we had an amazing breakfast in bed, followed by a couples massage. Our massage therapists were great, and the message, well - best massage I've ever had!!
    We also had a romantic dinner the following night and it was delicious, they had a surprise meal for us outside of the regular food they serve on the menu accompanied by a surprise cocktail.
    The wedding was exceptional as I mentioned before. The entertainment team, DJ, and our MC Emmanuel had our guests dancing the whole night long. The table settings were beautifully put together, dinner was succulent, and our wedding cake was to die for - so was my bouquet.
    Honestly, I recommend Sandos Cancun to anyone looking to have a perfect wedding at a great price at a beautiful location.

Emily · Married on 03/03/2018

We got married here on March 3rd and it was an amazing trip. We had 40 people coming to the wedding and it was a small enough resort that we could always find each other. The food options were all great and very available. Our wedding coordinator was Kiani and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. She came in late due to unforeseen circumstances and was a rockstar from the first second. She put our minds at ease and took care of any concern we had before we knew what that concern was. She returned our emails very quickly and was very responsive. We would highly recommend her as a wedding coordinator for any wedding getting planned at the Sandos resorts.

All of our guests loved the resort as well and continue to talk about it. They were all taken care of extremely well and treated with great respect, as we imagine every guest of the resort is.

Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 1
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 2
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 3
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 4
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 5

Michelle · Married on 11/04/2017

This was an amazing place to hold a wedding! We had 68 guests including us. Some of the guests have been to a couple destination weddings and they said this was a top resort with the service and the water being so blue! We stayed from friday 3/30 to wed 4/4. Every day was a party! Sandos really catered to me, my bride and all our guest. At one point I lost my phone and it was at the lost and found the next day! AMAZING STAFF! Everything was absolutely perfect. Even booking all the rooms and transportation with Olivia Ortiz was so smooth. She responded quickly and accommodated to our changes as we needed them!
    Kiani was our MVP! She was our wedding coordinator was so easy to talk to. You can tell she was a pro and loved what she does. She just had a personal touch about her, she was like a great friend helping through our stressful day! She will contact you a month before the wedding, but when she does be ready and know what you want! The planning went so smooth! It was the best experience we could ask for!
    We used there transportation that they suggested Seek and Go. I read reviews and it said it wasn't great in the past. I talked with Olivia, she assured that they switched management and she vouched for them. I trusted her and they were great! No problems with Seek and Go!
    If you are planning a destination wedding in Cancun, you should have it here!!!

Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 6
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 7
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 8
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 9

Karishma · Married on 05/13/2017

The entire Sandos Team is simply amazing. Carmen and her staff made all our wedding dreams come true! All of our guests for the wedding could not stop raving about the service, food, location, beach access and venues. This resort has it all! The location on the beach for the wedding set up was so gorgeous in our pictures that it was simply a dream. Give my highest recommendations to any couples looking to book a destination wedding.

Karla · Married on 03/05/2017

This was the best week of our lives and we have Sandos to thank for it! They accommodated us and all of our guest through the entire stay and made everything so easy. They made us feel extremely welcomed and made everyday special for us because of our wedding. We could not have been happier with how everything turned out and Carmen definitely met all of my expectations for our wedding.

christine · Married on 01/21/2017

Our wedding was in January at sandos cancun, the weather was great, everything and everyone was amazing, great service, great food. Our wedding coordinator was carmen, she was great and had a plan B for everything! dont trust the salon, they burned off my hair and the makeup was not all that great but again carmen had a plan b and it all worked out in the end!

Kisa · Married on 10/15/2016

We did lots of research on hotels and there were many to chose from...but we couldn't be happier that we chose Sandos Luxury. It was so amazing I can't even describe how great of a time we had! The hotel was so accommodating for our requests and the wedding went amazing! The ceremony was wonderful and the reception on the terrace was like a dream! I would highly recommend this hotel 100%. I would do it again if I could! Super amazing! If you are looking for a beautiful hotel with quality service, food, rooms, beach, hotel pool...I must say best experience ever!

Tara · Married on 07/23/2016

Carmen is absolutely AMAZING. We were able to have my dream wedding that I have always wanted! I highly recommend Carmen and Sandos Luxury Resort in Cancun!

James · Married on 06/27/2016

Sandos Luxury in Cancun went above and beyond for our Wedding. We had the best experience we could possibly get. Not only was the location, cleanliness of the resort, quality of food and entertain amazing, but the staff by far was the greatest. Thank you so much Andres and Carmen for making our day, our honeymoon and all of our guests stay the best it could be. We will for sure come back to see you and stay many times again in the future. Gracias :) The Meyer's

This hotel was great for our small amount of guest, and is of course great too for larger groups.
    What I like from this experience is, the flexibility and the pacience that our wedding coordinator had , the hotel was very accommodating to our needs and they work with us to make our wedding beautiful and memorable . The hotel is beautiful , service was great , food was excellent and everyone that works there is warm caring and professional , no doubts if you like to visit for vacation or wedding etc this hotel is perfect .

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 07/04/2015

Carmen (our wedding planner) and her staff were beyond helpuful and understanding of our needs. Carmen managed to make our wishes come true even things that we added at the last minute she was able to deliver. She was on point with the program and very detail oriented. Prior to the wedding she responded to my emails on a timely manner.

Ana · Married on 05/25/2018

My wedding was on June 4, 2018 at Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort and it was beautiful! Cinthya Rodriguez was our wedding coordinator and she was great! She was very helpful and was present throughout the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. The cake was just what I wanted, my flowers were amazing, the food was delicious, and we had a great time! We loved the resort, the staff was very professional and friendly! My friends and family loved Cancun and plan to stay at Sandos again. Sorry, I'm having trouble uploading pictures from my laptop. :(

Sandy · Married on 05/15/2016

Carmen was our wedding coordinator and we could not have been happier with her. Carmen made planning a destination wedding so simple and easy. Almost too easy! I definitely met my match when it comes to organization/planning. Carmen was extremely friendly and responsive, super organized, went over everything with us to make sure it was exactly what we wanted, had great attention to detail, and handled our requests for changes with ease. Carmen and her team went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations. Carmen understood our vision and thanks to her, we had the wedding of our dreams!

I had 65 guests. I splurged for many extras (well worth it!): Welcome Cocktail hour, Tiffany chairs, chair ties, bamboo walkway for beach, candles, vintage signs, birdcage for cards, extra flowers for alter and family members, extra centerpieces, extra canapes during cocktail hour, and late night post reception snacks (huge hit!).

TIPS:
    1) If you're booking your wedding far in advance (1 year ahead), please do not be discouraged when they don't respond right away to your questions/emails about specific wedding details. The wedding department will be in touch 3-4 months prior to your event and they will respond right away to every question you may have.
    2) Make sure you start a Pinterest page or save photos of everything you want. I found this extremely helpful. They were able to reproduce what I wanted, exactly like the photos.
    3) DJ provided by Sandos was awesome!
    4) The makeup artist provided at Sandos Spa was excellent. As far as hair (up-do), if I were to do it all again, I would hire someone else to do my hair and my guests hair. I have thick, coarse hair, and my up-do literally fell down 10 mins after I left the spa. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go back to the Spa to fix it so I just did what I could with it :(

Joe · Married on 01/31/2015

We loved our wedding. The ease of scheduling, the venue, the food, all were top notch. Miriam maid everything exactly how we wanted it. Would highly recommend her and her team.

Maria · Married on 04/09/2018

We had our wedding at Sandos and it was PERFECT! The resort was amazing, not too big and not too many young spring breakers which we wanted to avoid. Our families and friends loved the resort as well which was a relief! The food was fantastic and the rooms were large, spotless and all had AMAZING views. Our wedding planner Kiani was the BEST! She got every detail perfect and was so kind and caring. We are SOOOOOO happy we chose Sandos!

sarah · Married on 02/23/2017

Our initial approach to Sando's was so slow and at times difficult, hence my rating. However, booking a date was easy once in contact with the vendor. Then we waited till a few months before the wedding to finalise all detail. Carmen was extremely responsive during this time and was very easy going. We had no issues on the day, everything went to plan and she was right there to help when needed. Carmen really captured our vision for the wedding and made our big day very special.

Angie · Married on 02/04/2017

The ceremony was everything we expected and more. Carmen is a great wedding coordinator. Once we arrived to the hotel prior to the wedding date, she was very flexible, prompt, and punctual. She exceeded our expectations and went above and beyond for our special day.

Gabrielle · Married on 08/20/2016

Advice to new couples: Carmen may not respond to early emails about your big day... Don't get frustrated with her. She is AWESOME once you are there, (and a couple of weeks before your wedding, she will help you plan out your masterfile), and she is awesome with planning your special day, but for Type A brides (like I was), don't be frustrated when she doesn't start planning until it gets closer to the wedding. Our wedding was PERFECT, and Sandos (and especially Carmen), made it awesome!

We had a fantastic experience with Sandos. Carmen was assigned to us by the resort as our wedding planner. She went above and beyond to make our wedding happen without a single glitch.

We loved everything about our wedding:
    - Location and venue
    - Food and drinks
    - Staff
    - Weather

We highly recommend Sandos Weddings.

Muna · Married on 05/12/2018

Overall, we had a great experience and enjoyed our stay. We were very happy with our wedding coordinator Cynthia and her timely responsiveness. We had some difficulties in the beginning of planning as they keep switching coordinators frequently. One big area we felt needs improvement is the beauty salon service which wasn’t equipped with knowledgeable staff and materials to work with all hairstyle needs. The makeup artists were also not knowledgeable enough except may be one person who ended up answering and guiding the rest of her team ( which contributed to a delay finishing up the bride’s hair and makeup on time).

Lastly, we had to use the ballroom due to weather conditions for the reception and we really appreciate Cynthia’s flexibility and organization. We wish she was able to change the curtains to white as the current setup did not fit our wedding theme and really didn’t seem to go with anything ( reception pictures came out really bad as a result).

Aside from these minor but important incidents, we like to thank the Sandos team ( front desk; housekeepers and overall staff, including our wedding coordinator and her team) for great customer experience. Everyone that we encountered was supper friendly and made us feel important. The resort itself was very clean and food was great!!! All of my wedding guests enjoyed their stay and we all had the best time we could ever imagine!!! Thank you Sandos and we will definitely recommend your Cancun location to other guests!!!

Dominique · Married on 01/13/2018

My husband and I were married on January 13, 2018 and it was the most beautiful experience ever! Overall we were very happy with the service we got. Our coordinator Carmen was such a dear and fulfilled every request we had. The location on the beach was absolutely perfect and the reception on the rooftop was the coolest thing ever. We booked the DJ through the resort and he was amazing! I was nervous that he wouldn't play music that we liked, but he did a great job. I ended up sending him a playlist of some songs we liked and he was able to mix those in with his selection throughout the reception. I would say that overall the venue was great. Our dinner was delicious! We had chicken fajitas. I was disappointed in the dessert and the cake. Neither was very good, but it didn't break the experience for us. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at Sandos Cancun! As far as the resort it's self, I love the size. It wasn't very big which made our event more intimate. One thing I think they can improve on is having more restaurants open during the early lunch/day time. A lot of the time, your only option is the buffet and I wasn't able to try all of the places because of that reason. They treated us like royalty when we arrived and took the best care of us and our guests. They were very accommodating and welcoming. The concierge was very sweet and helpful. They went above and beyond in making sure our stay and our wedding was one to remember.

Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 10
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 11
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 12
    Sandos Cancun Lifestyle Resort 13

john · Married on 07/21/2017

3.0

Extremely happy with Carmen and Sandos Cancun. While responses via email were slow at first, everything came together better than we could have imagined. The wedding on the penthouse was beautiful and the reception on the terrace was breathtaking. Everyone loved the wedding.

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

3.0

Carmen, the wedding planner was awesome and she made sure we had everything we needed for the wedding. We only had some issues related to people booking late, but the resort did a great job being flexible. we had an issue with one of the front desk people, but Carmen and the rest of the staff made up for it. We felt like royalty having our wedding there. I would recommend Carmen and the venue. Everything went smoothly, and we loved our pictures. Would have it here again in a heartbeat.

3.0

If you are having your wedding here I would HIGHLY recommend having it in the gazebo as opposed to the beach. It is more private and you still have the beach right there. If you get married on the beach - it is not a private beach and anyone and everyone can watch and be part of your wedding. I would not like that. With some of the packages hair and makeup is included...if I did this again I would DEFINITELY do a run through with the person ahead of time. On the day of you don't have time or room for confusion and there was a few issues with both my hair and make up that we had to fix and remedy and I ended up being a bit tardy to the wedding. It's a boutique hotel which is fantastic to host a smaller more intimate wedding. The photos are gorgeous.

• User7220564 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.0

This was a HUGE value for us! We loved our time at Sandos - it was like a big group retreat for our whole family, and the ceremony and reception were beautiful, just like you dream of. Carmen was fantastic to work with!