San Diego Wedding Guy Reviews

85 | San Diego, CA

85 Reviews for San Diego Wedding Guy

Jessica Denecour · Getting married on 08/03/2021

Pastor Jack Came Through!

We had an unusual situation... and Pastor Jack came through. Our son and fiance were to be married on March 30, 2020; but the wedding and reception were canceled on March 19th due to COVID-19 secure in place orders. My brother (also a pastor) who was going to officiate the wedding was not able to travel, and arranged for Pastor Jack the evening of March 19th to marry our son and daughter-in-law the next day at the beach in Torrey Pines with just the parents, a few siblings and the rest of the siblings by Facetime. Pastor Jack did an excellent job with only 15 hours notice and met us on the beach. The ceremony was personable, funny, and made for a wonderful wedding day for my son and daughter-in-law. He literally saved the day and our kids were married in a very special ceremony that they will remember forever!

Sent on 04/22/2020
  • Suzy

Suzy Ferridge · Married on 01/12/2020

Exactly what we envisioned!

From the get-go, Jack was just awesome. Super responsive, and had great suggestions for our unconventional ceremony. He was very flexible with regards to timing and location. (Outdoor December ceremony had us obsessing about the weather!) He matched our vibe perfectly, with only a few interactions with us beforehand. All this & very reasonable $. We couldn’t have hoped or asked for more, and would highly recommend! 👍 👍

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory Ann Wahl · Married on 10/05/2019

The BEST officiant we could have dreamed of!!

It was clear from the first few minutes talking to Jack Hawkins that he possessed every quality we were seeking in an officiant for our wedding. His charismatic and conversational personality create a feeling of familiarity, and his life experiences traveling across the globe along with his volunteer work speak to his selfless nature. You can tell that his desire to officiant weddings comes from the uplifting feeling of pairing two soulmates and that initiating the first steps of their lifelong journey together is what is so rewarding to him.

The first question we were asked following the ceremony by friends and family alike was “So how many years have you known Jack for?” His ability to pull personal elements from responses we gave him months prior and incorporate them into a heartfelt story about our lives was so personal and lighthearted that it truly did seem like he had been part of our journey for many years.

Lastly, one of our favorite moments of our wedding day came minutes after the ceremony as Jack pulled both of us aside and told us he would like to take a moment to celebrate the long life we were about to have together. It was at that time, in the midst of the events of the day, that we were able to reflect on the significance of the experience. We are very thankful that Jack was able to bring such a conversational and personal element to our ceremony and we absolutely give him our highest recommendation for his professional service.

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 06/08/2019

Pick Pastor Jack!

We received so many compliments from our guests about Pastor Jack's ceremony and message. Initially, we struggled to find a pastor for our wedding that matched our humor and our desire to have a simple non-denominational religious ceremony. When we spoke with Pastor Jack, we knew he was the perfect officiant for our wedding. During the ceremony, Pastor Jack told our story beautifully and provided a wonderful message. Our guests (as well as my husband and I) cried and laughed throughout. We highly recommend Pastor Jack!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Jessica Anderson · Married on 04/26/2019

Pastor Jack- So Happy we found him!

Pastor Jack married my husband and I just recently, and we couldn’t have been happier with our decision to have him lead our ceremony.
    He brought such a calming presence to us that day; gave hugs, a reassuring smile and most importantly took the time to pray with us both before the ceremony.

We submitted our couples “homework” to him earlier on prior and he was able to put together the best little “recap” of my husband and I for during the ceremony.

The ceremony was the best combination of: serious, funny and so much love. We keep getting compliments on how it was the best ceremony people have heard, and they loved the pastor.

He also had many vow readings for us to choose from which worked perfect!!

Highly recommend Pastor Jack!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Brenda Davison · Married on 03/30/2019

BEST officiant in Socal!

We are honored to have had Pastor Jack officiate our wedding in San Diego a few weeks ago. I instantly felt he was our "wedding guy" when I received his first few text messages. Sounds funny, but you'll know what I mean if you contact him! We hired him and it was one of the ABSOLUTE best decisions we made regarding our wedding day! Meeting him for the first time the day of the wedding, felt like we had known him for years. His ceremony was professional and hilarious! Our wedding guests made numerous comments about how incredible and funny he was throughout the ceremony! They were ALL stunned to know that he wasn't a longtime friend of ours.

If you're getting married in the near future, spend the extra money and hire the San Diego Wedding Guy for your special day! He will not let you down on one of the most important days of your life. Best Wishes, and thanks again Pastor Jack!!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Eric

Eric Sigdestad · Married on 02/09/2019

Big Fan of the San Diego Wedding Guy!

Pastor Jack was a hit at our small wedding ceremony. Many family members from out of town wished their pastor was as cool as Pastor Jack. Jack was very attentive to all the details leading up to the day, and performed the ceremony flawlessly. He sends a detailed questionnaire to bride and groom before the wedding, and incorporates your responses into his message. He arrived early and got to know many members of our family before the ceremony. I would not hesitate to recommend Jack to any couple looking for an outstanding ceremony.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Mark · Married on 11/16/2018

Simply amazing

Not surprised Pastor Jack has a perfect 5 star rating. Simply the best officiant out there, bar none! Very sincere and he's a comforting presence, very reassuring. My wife and I are glad we picked him. God bless you Pastor!

• Audrey

Audrey · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect, modern wedding ceremony

Pastor Jack did an incredible job as our wedding officiant for our destination wedding. We did the entire planning process remotely and every aspect of the ceremony exceeded our expectations. He has a quick, yet concise planning process to get to know the bride and groom, including gathering of personal stories, to make sure our ceremony was customized to our personalities, beliefs, and wishes. Pastor Jack was funny, professional, and warm- exactly what we wanted. (So much so that all of our guests thought he was a family friend we had flown out for the wedding.) We can't thank you enough!

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2018

Pastor Jack is awesome!

Jack was absolutely awesome! I found him online but later found out that he is the pastor at my friends aunts church and knows her entire family! He made our wedding sooo unique and personal, and all of the guests loved the ceremony! Such a great guy!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Leslie · Married on 09/08/2018

Pastor Jack did a fantastic job for our wedding. He made the ceremony very personable and our guest loved the way he delivered our story. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Tabitha · Married on 07/21/2018

I cannot even begin to put into words what a perfect experience it was to have Jack Hawkins officiate our ceremony! We feel extremely blessed that he was able to do us this huge honor. He is worth EVERY penny and more! He has a gift and we thank God for this awesome man!

-truly

Jared and Tabitha Pennington (married July 21st, 2018 on Carlsbad Beach in California ❤️)

Sent on 07/25/2018

Brent · Married on 05/12/2018

We highly recommend Pastor Jack! Consultation was pleasant and we knew right away he was the one we wanted to perform our ceremony. He made everything so easy and he is just a great guy to work with. He created an amazing ceremony that was custom to our story. Our guests were asking about him and telling us what a fantastic job he did. He even helped us get all our guests together when it was about time to start. He really makes it so you can concentrate on the moment and not worry. If you are looking for that special ceremony, even if you don't have all the details figured out, Jack is the guy for you!

Thank you Jack!
    Brent and Nina - 5/12/18

Sent on 05/26/2018

Lucas Amido · Married on 03/17/2018

jack helped make our ceremony perfect

Jack was so great! I can honestly say that, after we met with Jack, we knew that our wedding was going to be special. During his telling of our story, he spoke with such sincerity and enthusiasm. Our intimate setting was the perfect match for Jack's genuine kindness and joy. We had so many perfect moments, I couldn't imagined it going any better! -Lucas A.

Megan · Married on 11/25/2017

Jack was amazing, he did the BEST ceremony. It was short sweet and to the point a whole 15 mins ! I had people coming up to me the rest of the night and asking for his information ! The communication between He and I was flawless ! His ceremony was the best and I will remember it for the rest of my life ! Even during my panic attack before walking down the aisle Jack was right there helping keep me calm and relaxed. Thank you so much Jack you were the BEST!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

San Diego Wedding Guy's reply:

Thank you so much Megan. I had such a blast at your wedding. You two are hilarious. So fun being a part of your ceremony. Hope the rest of the day went amazing

Colby · Married on 10/14/2017

My wife and I were looking for Pastors in the San Diego Area and found Pastor J online. He had great reviews so we contacted him to meet up and see if he was the right officiant for us. Honestly he was the perfect pastor. He's funny, personable and really just makes everyone feel comfortable. After the wedding my father-in-law asked how long we've known Pastor J for because it seemed like he was a long time friend, but honestly we only met with him for an hour prior to our wedding. I'd recommend him to anyone getting married in the San Diego Area, hands down.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Teri · Married on 09/19/2017

My husband and I wanted an intimate wedding ceremony in the San Diego area so we contacted the San Diego Wedding Guy-Jack Hawkins. I knew right away that Jack was the one for us as he was so warm and compassionate on the phone. He made great suggestions for location as we were coming from out of the area. He was so patient with us even with our last minute decisions. When we met with him for our ceremony he greeted us with a great big smile and that helped us to relax and enjoy our big day. We really appreciated the thoughtful words he expressed to us in officiating our vows to each other and it made our day that more meaningful. Much thanks to Jack for blessing us on our wedding day......we will always remember our beautiful time in La Jolla and can't wait to come back again for an anniversary trip.

Ed and Teri Hazel- Married October 19, 2017 La Jolla, California

Sent on 10/17/2017

Jeffrey · Married on 08/04/2017

Everyone at our wedding kept asking "Who was that guy who married you? He was great." Pastor Jack personalized the ceremony, interjected humor that made the ceremony endearing, and left my wife and I with wonderful messages of love. He was truly a part of what made our wedding day special!!! Jeff and Silvia

Sent on 08/14/2017

marc · Married on 07/02/2017

My bride and I just loved the way Jack handled all your responsibilities at our wedding.
    We received many compliments on both his style and substance on that day. Pastor Jack made everyone relaxed and comfortable and that includes the bride and groom. Neither of us expected to shed tears, but that’s part of the joy after all.
    Pastor Jack Hawkins has our highest recommendation.

Sent on 07/23/2017
  • christina

christina · Married on 04/22/2017

Pastor Jack was AMAZING! His ability to provide a loving and fun ceremony for our vow renewal and made our day! He really listened to what we wanted in our vows. We couldn't of been more pleased and touched by how he made our day even more special. Our guests enjoyed listening to his special touch during the ceremony. He was especially kind and heartfelt during our exchange of our vows. I would recommend him for anyone looking for a Pastor who will bring joy to their wedding!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Holly · Married on 03/26/2017

First of all, Jack is the pastor at our church! His messages are always so inspirational, thought provoking and relevant to our everyday life. When it came time for my fiancé and I to plan our wedding, it was a given that Jack had to perform the ceremony. I had 3 things I had to have for our wedding: #1 a dress, #2 a party, and #3 Jack. He knew us already, but gathered information from both of us and told our story in a heartfelt and sincere manner, with a little bit of light heartedness and joking thrown in....just like Jack always does at church. We had so many people comment on how his message during our ceremony made them reflect on their own marriage. We are so grateful that Jack was available to be our officiant and actually, we got married on a Sunday because as I said, he was a requirement and already booked on Saturday! Thank you again Jack for being a part of our special day and delivering such a heartfelt message during our ceremony!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Kathleen · Married on 03/25/2017

Pastor Jack could not have been more amazing!! We truly cannot imagine having had any other officiant for our wedding. If you are looking for someone you will feel an instant, genuine connection with, look no further! On top of being very responsive and professional, Jack is such a down to earth, warm, and genuinely nice person. From our very first call, through the entire planning process, he was just delightful to work with and more than exceeded our high expectations (his reviews are unmatched!) From little things, like checking in sporadically just to see how we were doing, to big things, like leaving his car on the side of the road and hitching a ride to our wedding when he popped a tire on the way to the chapel(!!!) Jack went above and beyond in every way. He even offered his guidance and expertise to my MOH who will be officiating her brother's wedding this summer!

Our ceremony was the perfect blend of humor and sentiment, laughter and happy tears, all thanks to Pastor Jack. It was as special and memorable as we hoped and we continue to get comments from our guest on how phenomenal our officiant was! Thank you so much, Jack, for making our wedding so perfect!!

Kat + Paul

Sent on 04/08/2017

Laney · Married on 03/11/2017

Planning my wedding was a stressful year. I met with many vendors and then was searching for an officiant. Pastor Jack is a treasure for San Diego. He saved the day. I did not feel a connection with anyone we interviewed and then met Pastor Jack. Immediately we knew we had to have him conduct our ceremony. Our friends and family are still raving about him!!! He is a class act that puts everyone at ease. It felt like we had a friend marrying us. We send him love, love, love. If you are looking, look no further. He is a gem.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Shane · Married on 02/25/2017

Jack is absolutely the best. He is extremely likable and great to work with. He really helped me relax during the moments leading up to the ceremony. He was making me laugh and allowed me to be more comfortable then I thought was possible. Beyond that, our guests loved him. He provided a perfect balance of sincerity, humor, and timing. He is extremely efficient and professional. He set a perfect tone for our ceremony and we continue to receive compliments from our guests. Highly recommend. Master craftsman. Easy 10/10.

Sent on 04/06/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2016

Jack is amazing. His attention to detail, even for our small ceremony, amazed me. He is funny, sentimental, and made sure we were happy. He also took care of the legal side of it, making sure the marriage license was filled out correctly. I would recommend him any day for any wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2016