San Joaquin Winery Reviews

San Joaquin Winery 5
San Joaquin Winery 6
San Joaquin Winery 7

Megan Gates · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Amazingly stress free beautiful experience

Our wedding at the winery was absolutely perfect. We planned this wedding from across the country and had not seen the venue in person until the day before the wedding. Everything was PERFECT! Robia helped ensure that everything was easy with the planning process, and that everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. The whole experience was stress free and our big day was exactly what we had dreamed of. We would 100% recommend this venue for anyone wanting a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Jackie · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful venue, lovely staff.

Recently had my wedding reception here. We used the tasting room for a cocktail hour which is absolutely beautiful, the bar looks awesome and needed hardly any decor. We set a vase of flowers out and a picture frame at each end of the bar and it was enough to give it a little wedding touch. It's such a great room. The rest of the reception was mostly held outside on the lawn (other than the fact that the bar is in the tasting room so guests go in and out of tasting room to get beer or wine and can also choose to hang out in there). We had 19 tables (approx 155 guests) and they fit perfectly out on the lawn (there is plenty of room for more). The string lights that are included in the venue pricing are beautiful at night, there are even lights on the trees that look awesome. The staff is amazing, bartenders are so nice and attentive, Robia (site coordinator for wedding events) is great keeping everyone on schedule and making sure your day runs smoothly. There are beautiful places to take pictures- orchards, vineyards, and barrel room! This venue is stunning, very simple with an elegant vibe for a wedding reception. We are so happy that we chose them as our venue, working with this venue was such a positive experience, we could not have asked for anything better. More importantly their wine is delicious! All of our guests had such great compliments on our venue choice.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Estela · Married on 04/06/2019

Bride and Groom

If you’re looking for a beautiful venue, you have to check out this place! The venue has an indoor and outdoor seating area, which is perfect for weddings. The venue is clean and well maintained. We just had our wedding there and we couldn’t be happier!! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our wedding coordinator Robia Vang was awesome! She was friendly, professional, prompt, and maintained great communication! Our guests loved the venue as well. We highly recommend this place!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Mayra

Mayra · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing venue!!

This was the perfect venue for our wedding! Robia the event coordinator on site was such a help. She was great! The owner was helpful too. Staff members were good as well. They assisted kept clean and were well organized. They are a great team. This place is gorgeous! I received many great compliments from my guest. This venue is a great place for any event!
    Wine was a plus!! ( Wine cost depends on guests not included in rental)

Sent on 06/15/2019
    San Joaquin Winery 16
    San Joaquin Winery 17

Cheryl · Married on 12/29/2018

Perfect Place for a Wedding

San Joaquin Winery was the venue for our daughters wedding on Dec.29th. I cannot express how happy we were with the venue. The grounds are beautiful,(even in winter), the staff amazing, and easy of having the wedding at the winery was such a blessing. We worked with Robia and she was a gift. She handled all the vendors the day of the wedding, kept things on schedule, handled any issues that arose and kept this crazy mother of the bride calm!!! Thank you San Joaquin Winery for making our daughters day perfect.

Sent on 01/02/2019
    San Joaquin Winery 18

Estela Tinajero · Married on 11/24/2018

Amazing Staff and Flexible too!

We had our wedding here on November 24th. This place is amazing when it comes to planning events. Robia, our wedding coordinator, did such a wonderful job making our wedding day run smoothly. Many things that would cost extra at other venues were included in the rental. We did not have to worry about set-up or renting chairs and tables. The winery is beautifully decorated so place already looks as though you hired an expensive decorator for the wedding. Such great staff working the event. There were no complaints about anything that day.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Vanessa Cervantes · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Venue and Staff! San Joaquin Winery

San Joaquin winery was an absolutely amazing venue for our wedding. All the staff went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was everything we dreamed of and more. Robia the wedding coordinator, was absolutely wonderful. From the very beginning she made the wedding planning process so easy for us. She was available to answer our questions or help out with any ideas and concerns that we had. The day of the wedding, Robia was there from start to finish. She made sure we stayed on schedule and that everything went according to plan. She coordinated the wedding beautifully and I can't say enough great things about her. We are truly grateful to have had her with us every step of the way. I really don't know what I would have done without her. From the venue, to Robia, and the wine, everything was absolutely perfect. Thank you to Robia and San Joaquin Winery for helping us make our wedding day dreams a reality.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Alan · Married on 06/10/2017

We held our wedding here in June, and the experience could not have been better. Mike and Cindy were terrific to work with, we have had numerous guests tell us how much the enjoyed the wedding and that the site was beautiful. The ability to use all areas for the wedding, the cocktail hour, the dinner, and the band made for a great experience. The price, and value, was better than any other venue around. Look at other places, but after you do, look here, and you will see why this is the place for your event!

Sent on 11/19/2017
    San Joaquin Winery 19
    San Joaquin Winery 20
    San Joaquin Winery 21
    San Joaquin Winery 22
    San Joaquin Winery 23

Linda · Married on 05/24/2017

Where do I begin?? I am so happy I picked San Joaquin Wine Co. to have My wedding, everything was perfect! The scenery, the flexibility of where I can have My ceremony and the dinner. Not to mentioned how wonderful and helpful Haley Gonzalez (the wedding coordinator) was, including the bar-tending staff. Without her I do not think I would've been so calm during my wedding, she made sure everything went smoothly. Thanks a million!! If I would do it all over again, I would choose this perfect venue. Cindy (the owner) also was great to work with, very kind. Above all I was very satisfied with all the service this Venue offers and would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Robin · Married on 04/15/2017

This is a family-owned winery that turned out to be absolutely perfect for our wedding. The staff here, including the owners and those that work in the tasting room are incredibly friendly and accommodating. They maintain the venue well, and it is very spacious, with plenty of room to put tables indoors or under the covered patio if the weather turns out to be bad on your day. They have fans if it is hot and heat lamps available if it is cold. The tables and chairs are included in the price, as well as 2 staff members to serve drinks from the tasting area. You do need to buy their wine and beer through their distributor, but they have a large selection and you aren't obligated to buy very much (just 1 case!). They are currently constructing a trailer on the side where the bridal party will be able to get ready, which would have been nice. However, since it wasn't ready in time for our wedding they provided us with a complimentary one-night stay at the Hampton Inn down the road in the large honeymoon suite, which was more than spacious enough for getting ready on the day of.

The one exception to all the fantastic things I have to say about this place is, unfortunately, Haley their site "event coordinator." We had our own wedding planner so we didn't have to deal with her that much, but when we did she was kind of flaky. For example, she said she would email our copy of the contract and never did so we had to ask for it a couple of times. When we were supposed to meet to select wines and give our final deposit, she never showed up and then told the owner (who was there at the time and was extremely accommodating, dropping what she was doing to help us pick the wines) that she was confused because someone with the same name as me had called that morning to cancel an appointment (come on...seriously?). Overall, her flakiness didn't negatively impact our event or our experience and I still give this place my highest recommendation.

Sent on 05/23/2017

San Joaquin Winery's reply:

Hello Robin,
    I am sorry you feel that way. I tried my best to be as accommodating as possible and was very dedicated in making your day special and as stress free as possible and working with Cindy, your wedding planner. The contract was sent to your wedding planner via e-mail on 09/12/16, please let me know if you'd like a copy of this e-mail. As for the cancelled appointment, my sincerest apologies. I was told that someone had taken a message regarding the cancellation of the appointment, so therefore I was absent. I do understand the meeting still took place and our owner was able to be present and answer any questions during the appointment. Unfortunately, I wish I would've been there in order to confirm the message that was taken, and was not a cancellation. If there is anything I can do to redeem myself or service, please let me know. I do appreciate you having your wedding at our venue and hope all is well!

Haley Gonzalez

3.5

It was pretty but I was hoping to see more vineyards, the inside is nice and everything is REALY clean, we tasted wine during our tour, that's what it was $15

Sent on 09/20/2016

Darlene · Married on 06/06/2017

3.0

I have told MANY of my Guest that attended my event. The Venue is very breathtaking but it was strange the table came in the price of the venue but it's $1.00 per chair if you want to use them. Haliey was our Venue coordinator she is so FABULOUS she willing to help you from beginning to end. WE LOVED HER. She was always there when we needed her or had a question, however the only thing that drove us crazy. How we had to be so CAUTION with the NEW floor. All we keep hearing bout the rules of the NEW FLOOR that was NOT IN OUR CONTRACT, especially since the floors just got redone a month ago. If the owners were going to be,so caution bout the new floor then why hold events there? They might as well add in the contract "May all guest please wear SOCKS ONLY & NO SHOES. After we were told we weren't get our deposit back cause the floor was scratched by the candy bar. I was upset If that was the case then I don't understand why not file a claim with the extra liability ins. we had to purchase. From this day on I do tell all my social media friends & family how great Haley is she will go far & be on for you, however be caution of all the rules bout the NEW FLOOR.

Sent on 06/06/2017

San Joaquin Winery's reply:

Thank you for the review Darlene! We appreciate you holding your daughter's Sweet 16 at our venue. Mika looked gorgeous! The decorations, and colors were so vibrant and very pretty. We're very sorry about the floor, we know it caused some issues, you were the first event we had after just getting them redone. We understand your concern that was associated with it, and do apologize. The floors needed to be redone as they were scratched so badly and needed immediate attention before another event was held. Your liability insurance of course would've covered the damage if any had been done, and of course your deposit would've not been held, it was refunded as given. We appreciate your review and hope to see you at future events held at our venue!

-Haley Gonzalez